Karin Slaughter

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Calihan, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Since there are threads for both Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs I thought I'd make one for Karin Slaughter. I know from the What Are You Reading thred in Misc that she has quite a few fans on this board.

Let's talk about her and her writing folks.

2. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I believe myself and a couple other memebers were discussing Lena in a diffent thread, so let's comtinue that here.

3. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

Yeah. So, Lena. :lol:

I was kinda glad she survived in Blindsighted, but she's still annoying, haha.

4. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Ah! Okay. I was searching the thread in the last 3 minutes but couldn't find it. Now he's there. *confused* :D

I've just owned "Belladonna" and really liked it. The only character that really annoyed me was Lena. So..annoying. *throws hands in the air*
    I can post a detailed review later.

So, how is it with the other books. Are there the same character in the other books?

5. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

According to her website there are five books featuring Sara, Jeffrey, Lena, etc. Not sure if the site's right though. These are the titles:

Blindsighted (2001)
    Kisscut (2002)
    A Faint Cold Fear (2003)
    Indelible (2004)
    Faithless (2005)

Belladonna should be on this list I suppose?

So I'm currently reading Kisscut. I've read A Faint Cold Fear and Blindsighted. Reading them in the wrong order apparently, LOL. Anyway, those three are the only ones published in the Netherlands till now, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Did anyone read any of her other books? I've heard of Tryptich, but haven't read it.

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I was just on her website, and it didn't mention Belladonna, can i ask when was it was published. Aslo when i was on her site she gave a breif description of her next book, to be safe I'm going to put the outline from her site in Spoiler code.

My next book, which will be out in 2007, is called Skin Privilege. It's a Grant County book and focuses a lot on Lena and her relationship with Hank. Basically, what you find out is that everything she's been told about her childhood so far has been a lie.

7. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Hmm..should be on the list. But perhaps it just has a different title for my country. *looks it up*

Okay... it's called Belladonna here in germany but the original title is Blindsighted. So I own the first book about Sara and the other characters. It's always confusing to have different titles here. ^^ :lol:

8. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

Yeah, it's annoying. In Dutch it's called Nachtschade, which isn't even the correct translation. I always hate it when they change the entire title if a book is translated in an other language. For example CSI: Double Dealer from Max Allen Collins is translated as Dubbelblind, which means Double Blind. I hate it when they do that! </exasperated ramble>

Sounds interesting. If it was a lie, then what the hell happened for real? I can't wait to read this book.

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've not read that one yet, but I did read a small preview and it seemed quite good. I have a few other books to read before I get around to that one. :)

I've read all the Grant County books so far, my favorite has been Indelible. I actually like the majority of the characters, but I identify more with Lena. :)

10. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Where did the thread go? Why are some threads disappearing after a while and even the search won't find them. ^^

Well...

Today I almost finished 'Indelible' and I really liked it. It's her new book here in germany. It's a bestseller here. :)
    I had to stop at chapter 17 I think.
    Sara just found out who the hostage-taker has been.
    Can somebody please tell me how this book ends? I'm so curious to find out. I was reading the book in the library where I'm not allowed to rent books (as the library is 100km away from my hometown) and here in my own libraries it's always rented. ^^ Driving me kinda mad.

So..I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out with that. You can put it in spoilertags if it's necessary.

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Yay, a Karin thread. I have read all of her Grant County books and Triptych too.
    About Lena, I used to really not like her much, but after reading 'Skin Privilege', I feel a lot more sympathetic towards her. I can't wait for the next GC book!

12. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Fine we have a thread for this books here. I like them so much that I was through after some days with each.

I changed my opinion about Lena while reading the books. In the first one I didn't love her but didn't hate her either. But then I really started to find her annoying. Especially when she was together with this Ethan-guy.
    Well, I hope that she changes a bit in skin privilege. She won't become my favourite character (i prefer jeff), but i hope she becomes friendlier.

13. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Anyone of you read 'Beyond reach' / "Skin Privilege" lately? I finished it yesterday and I was shocked.