This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polkadot5990

Polkadot5990 Victim

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

well, i think it's perfect closure for season 8 as well for two main characters, if we'll see sara sidle again at warrick's funeral. it's a beautiful gesture: the entire original cast together for one last time to pay a tribute to a mutual good friend and colleague :)

2. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Just a quick comment to the post above polkadot...I agree with you, when I read that JF was coming back I figured it was for Warrick's 'possible' funeral and closure for Grissom/Sara storyline. ACK I'm getting chocked up at the thought of Warrick dying. :(

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i like Wendy coming out into the field...it seems like a natural progression, and makes a lot of sense, seeing as they are short handed.

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

One thing that I got from that spoiler, besides confirmation to the unbelievers of the world that yes, Warrick will indeed die, is that his murder won't be solved in one episode. It looks like the team won't figure out that Undersheriff McKeen is Warrick's murderer for at least several episodes. It never occurred to me before that the producers and writers would keep that storyline going.

I hope they won't keep us waiting for a satisfactory revenge on the Undersheriff for too long. I for one want to see him get what's coming to him.

I wonder how they will play out the teams' mourning period? Will they have a quick recovery and go about their lives business as usual? As close of a friend as Nick was with Warrick, not to mention Warrick being Catherine's fantasy dream date for several years, I hope the writers/producers won't deny us some raw emotion on the part of the team. That would really cause us to think this show has jumped the shark.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I really want to see MCkeen get away with it for a little while, I think it will make for good drama for the team not to catch him right away. We as viewers know what he did and it will be so satisfying to watch the team finally figure it out and Mckeen gets whats coming to him.

I sorta like the idea of Wendy going into the field but I hope they take it slow with her like they did for Greg.

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I think it will be frustrating to drag it out for too long, Wojo. I agree that it will make for good drama, especially for our team, but I'm all about revenge on the Undersheriff.

Of all the new characters, I like Wendy the best. She can be funny as well as smart as a tack, but I hope to God she doesn't take up too much of Greg's already underused scenes. It would be kind of interesting to see if she was to be paired up with Greg on some cases, thus making Hodges even more jealous of Greg. Take that, Hodges!

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't know how I feel about Wendy going into the field, well not yet anyways. It could be a good idea. However, I am looking forward to how Hodges will react to it and yeah, pair her with Greg and that should drive him nuts.

And I agree with most of you, Greg deserves a little more screen time.

Part of me wants the Sheriff thing resolved in the first episode, but part of me wants it to drag on a little. I don't think the whole season would be necessary.

My guess is, they'll find Pritchard and they'll think that they've caught the killer, but it will keep nagging at them or maybe have it just nag Nick and he eventually figures it out. I mean Warrick wouldn't have opened the window to Pritchard, so they'll know that it was someone he trusted.

Maybe Episode one will be 2 hours, though usually that would be epi one and two.

Just knowing that they have probably filmed or are currently filming this episode makes it that much harder to wait until September. I really hate cliff hangers.

8. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I saw this on the CSI Wiki site :

9. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Yay! :) I'm so loving these recent spoilers! I think this episode will bring closure for a lot of loose ends and be a genuine heartfelt episode. :)

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

CSIWiki is very unreliable in my opinion unless you see a source, such as CSI Files, or casting information.

I haven't seen any information on the web as to this. This could be a fanfiction plot somewhere added to the site.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Rocket sounds good to me, and when it's a *spoiler* till it airs it's all subject to speculation/hearsay:thumbsup:

12. minnyanne

minnyanne Dead on Arrival

vegaslights is sort right it easy to access and can be editing even by me.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  13. Toots

Toots Pathologist

In the News+Notes section of the new issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine, there is an article called "The Case of the Disappearing Actors" and it begins with:

(Note: I underlined the word "corpse" to show that yes, poor Warrick is indeed dead.)

The article goes on to say that two other popular shows, Law & Order and ER have survived hugh shake-ups like Dourdan's exit. It said that "given CSI's sturdy format, it could conceivably withstand Petersen's exit as long as he's replaced by an actor of the same caliber."

I don't agree with that last part. As far as I'm concerned, Petersen is the one and only for that role, and anything else would be poor reproductions.

The end of the article said that it was too bad the show killed off Liev Schreiber's character after his multi-episode arc the previous season, and humorously suggested that another former CSI franchise veteran might fit the bill - former CSI: Miami co-star Khandi Alexander.

I'm sorry, but that is just too ridiculous to fathom. Not to mention too many overly endowed CSI stars might just send me over the edge.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Young and flirty". Kill me now. :rolleyes:

Now that I actually agree with. I thought the Keppler character fit in very well, if not for his troubled background story.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

No, it certainly wouldn't be the same show without Grissom, but to be honest, some of my favourite episodes of CSI are Grissomless such as Redrum and Gum Drops. What's great about these episodes is that you get to see the other actors such George Eads and Marg H. step flex their muscles. Hard to do that when you you have Billy P and his commanding presence. I certainly would miss Grissom and his bugs, but it would be really interesting to see what someone else could do in his place.

It would change for sure, but would it do as well without Grissom, hard to say. ER did fine without Clooney.

ETA: Young and flirty-okay I'll cave.I'll play uncle..and...I'll take Sara and GSR over 'young' and 'flirty' any day..please we already have Nick playin' sugar daddy to a waitress and now 'young' and 'flirty' CSIs..this show is going to be too gross for words..

I seriously think that aliens have captured the writers' brains..must have happened during the strike..

Just kill the show now..if that's where its headed..please..leave it with some dignity..

Last edited: May 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.