The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

Adorable_crazy:
    + i love it. it looks like somthing on a postcard. i also like how the focus is the little house.
    - sharpen it a bit? a litter light would be nice.

heres mine.

Mirrior of an Heart

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

CSIsPuddingCup:

+ The heart really stands out from the black background, making the it the main focus of the picture.
    - The black background seems to be much lighter on the left, seems to be some kind of reflection, which is kind of distracting.

Dublin Zoo.

[​IMG]

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Adorable_Crazy
    + I like the interesting composition. The depth of field and spacing works well.
    - There is a fog at the top of the rocks that is slightly distracting. Also the contrast could be upped so that the colors pop more.

Random Tulips, enjoy Amy! :)

[​IMG]

4. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

wolfesgamergirl
    + The tulips are very colourful and I like the contrast between the left and right side
    - Hmm that's difficult but this black pipe bugs me a little bit

Candle during the Saturday Night's mess in Taizé( France)

[​IMG]

5. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

AnJella
    + I don't know why but I really like how the music is positioned under the candle
    -The flame is super bright and kind of takes away from the rest of the photo

This is mine from the other day. It's the surface of a table.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  6. Stepherweps

WhosLaughingNow:

+ That is a great shot, all the colours are really bright and really grab your attention, it really 'pops'.
    - Due to all the different colours, shapes and sizes, your eyes to tend to wonder, it's a little distracting.

The pond close to my house, last time it snowed. :D (January this year).

[​IMG]

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Adorable_Crazy
    + I like the snow and the Mallerd. Makes it seem like a post card.
    - The over all coloring feels a bit dull, try upping the contrast and the snow should pop right out. Also towards the edges the photo tends to be a bit blurry.

This is a photo of my mom's friend's month old daughter, Ella.

[​IMG]

8. Stepherweps

WolfesGamerGirl:

+ Ella is the main focus of the picture, the frame has been cropped well to make this the case, so your attention is really drawn to her. (By the way, she is adorable. <3)
    - She isn't in the centre of the frame, her head is to one side, maybe if the picture had been taken at an angle, it would have looked a little better.

A random photo I took when in Co. Donegal (Ireland).

[​IMG]

9. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Adorable_Crazy
    + It is true what I have heard about how beautiful Ireland is. This picture shows that off. Good composition, the three levels of road, plane, mountain looks really good.
    - Try upping the contrast just slightly, that way the colors can really pop for you.

Thank you Wolfsgamergirl for the tulips, I always enjoy looking at the pictures.

Mine for today. How about a rose this time. I have been trying out the 'soft focus' effect, I think I am having mixed results.

[​IMG]

10. Stepherweps

Amy777: (That's for all the nice comments, Ireland is quite beautiful in parts).

+ That picture, looks great, I really like how you have zoomed right in on the flower, it looks beautiful. :D
    - When viewed full-size, it looks a tad grainy, but aside of that, the photo is spectacular.

The Town Hall, and Statue of Ex Prime Minister of Ireland Eamon DeValera, Ennis, Co. Clare (Ireland).

[​IMG]

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Adorable_Crazy
    + I really like how all the different shades of green pop. And this might not make sense but I like how when the picture is small it reminds me of a fishbowl photo.
    -There was probably nothing you could do about this but there's a red vehicle on the right that is a bit distracting because the bright red really stands out against everything else.

[​IMG]

This is inside the CBC building in Toronto. I'm not sure I'm too crazy about this one.

12. keich

keich CSI Level One

Edit: I forgot to say something about the picture above. Sorry. ^^;

WhosLaughingNow
    + I like how it's shot in an angle, and the orange color (are those lights?) gives a nice contrast to the grey.
    - It would have been nice if it were more centered/symmetrical. But I think it's just me nitpicking.

I just found this thread. Way cool! I love photography! I'm still working on my composition, though. I'm more of a digital photographer, but I'm also into film cameras and lomography. :)

Here's my photo of the day. :)

[​IMG]
    Camera: Canon EOS 350D

It's a picture I took of my band's vocalist in a recording studio (which we never went back to) while she was waiting for her turn to lay down the vocal track.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  13. Stepherweps

Keich:

+ I really like the picture in black and white, it's simple but very effective. I also like how it's been taken at an angle, it looks great.
    - Although it looks fantastic in black and white, it's a little blurry and hard to make out some of the features.

The Cliffs Of Mohar, Co Clare, Ireland.

[​IMG]

14. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Adorable_Crazy
    + Beautiful photo, great colors, nice sloping hill contrasting with the water, and the castle on the hill. Beautiful blue sky with the light fluffy clouds, great contrasts. Wonderful photo
    - The only thing I would change, crop off some of the top so the castle rests on the top third line. that will draw the eye to the castle even more and there will not be as much blank space in the sky.

That does it, I am going to Ireland! Such beautiful pictures. I have loved the music for many years and I even bought an Irish flute and took lessens to play it. Now I want to go there even more now. Keep the beautiful photos coming.

Mine for today, taken at the tulip festival where most of the tulips were still hiding because of the snow a few days prior.
    [​IMG]

15. Stepherweps

Aww thank you very much Amy, I'm glad that you're enjoying my pictures of Ireland, I was begining to think they were getting boring, and that I needed to go take some new ones, but if you enjoy them, I'll keep them coming. ;)

Amy777:

+ Fantastic picture, I love how the flowers are right in the centre and the main focus of the picture, they really draw in your attention, and the colours really pop, really well done. :D
    - There was probably nothing that you could have done about it, but the green leaves seemingly from another plant that stick up in from of the tulips are a little distracting, but aside of that, great picture. :D

A close up shot of 2 penguins in Dublin Zoo.

[​IMG]