The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO! This is Fuzzy AND Katie here. We're posting together because Fuzz is too lazy to log on.

NICK AND GREG SUBTEXT! yummy...

Nick and Greg subtexy...what do i have to say on that subject?

It's quite enjoyable, we might say. Because, you get to hunt it out and it's all the more fun for us! ^_^

With my other expiriences with subtext, it's hard to find it and you really have to look. But, once you do, you can sit back and say, "Aw! I wonder what they were thinking?"

You know, like, were they thinking, "I love you." or "I just want to touch you" or "are you okay?" or somethign like that. Maybe, uh... "I missed you!"

yeah...and Greg brushing Nick's arm when he thought he was going to die...definitly a mixture of "I love you" and "Are you okay?"

Personally, i don't want the writters to come right out and say Nick and Greg are suddenly dating. Infact I'd be happier if they didn't come out and say it. What would we have left when they started builing up their relationship? All this timea all we've had are our imaginations and what we beleive and think should happen. That all goes sailing out the window as soon as they come out. Because waht was left to the imagination is now fact, that there's no room left to wiggle and squirm.

I have to agree with Fuzzy. It'd sure make me one happy fangirl. But, I just would not trust the writters with our boys, their relationship, and their happieness. I just couldn't. Because you know they would try to make GSR version two. You can just tell.

F the writters. If I may.

I think it was me who brought up the idea of somethign between Eric and George on the previous Fort. I really do think there's something there. As said before, I don't think the writters told George to check out Eric's ass and he walked away that one time, did they?

I disagree. Maybe they just (like someone said, not sure who) they probably just like fooling around and crap. I don't think there's anything serious going on.it's jus tour hopes getting the better of us. Anything else, Katie?

Nope, not really.

Okay, then one more thing:

if katie's already told you, i have no idea, because I haven't been here for a while, but we are doing a cross over. Where Harry Potter and CSI colide. There are three stories, and we're working on the plot and details of the middle one now. Maybe we'll have the first chapter of the first story up in a bit. But we haven't talked about it for a long time, so we'll see...it might be a little longer...

-Lynn and Fuzzy

HELLO! This is Fuzzy AND Katie here. We're posting together because Fuzz is too lazy to log on.

NICK AND GREG SUBTEXT! yummy...

Nick and Greg subtexy...what do i have to say on that subject?

It's quite enjoyable, we might say. Because, you get to hunt it out and it's all the more fun for us! ^_^

With my other expiriences with subtext, it's hard to find it and you really have to look. But, once you do, you can sit back and say, "Aw! I wonder what they were thinking?"

You know, like, were they thinking, "I love you." or "I just want to touch you" or "are you okay?" or somethign like that. Maybe, uh... "I missed you!"

yeah...and Greg brushing Nick's arm when he thought he was going to die...definitly a mixture of "I love you" and "Are you okay?"

Personally, i don't want the writters to come right out and say Nick and Greg are suddenly dating. Infact I'd be happier if they didn't come out and say it. What would we have left when they started builing up their relationship? All this timea all we've had are our imaginations and what we beleive and think should happen. That all goes sailing out the window as soon as they come out. Because waht was left to the imagination is now fact, that there's no room left to wiggle and squirm.

I have to agree with Fuzzy. It'd sure make me one happy fangirl. But, I just would not trust the writters with our boys, their relationship, and their happieness. I just couldn't. Because you know they would try to make GSR version two. You can just tell.

F the writters. If I may.

I think it was me who brought up the idea of somethign between Eric and George on the previous Fort. I really do think there's something there. As said before, I don't think the writters told George to check out Eric's ass and he walked away that one time, did they?

I disagree. Maybe they just (like someone said, not sure who) they probably just like fooling around and crap. I don't think there's anything serious going on.it's jus tour hopes getting the better of us. Anything else, Katie?

Nope, not really.

Okay, then one more thing:

if katie's already told you, i have no idea, because I haven't been here for a while, but we are doing a cross over. Where Harry Potter and CSI colide. There are three stories, and we're working on the plot and details of the middle one now. Maybe we'll have the first chapter of the first story up in a bit. But we haven't talked about it for a long time, so we'll see...it might be a little longer...

-Lynn and Fuzzy

I would like for the writers to slip something definite in there, just a little comment or something that would tell us "yep, they're dating." so that the writers didn't have to deal with it, because we all know cbs doesn't want to either and we could finally have piece of mind other than searching for looks in the rare cases they get together.

I could go on for days and days about eric/george because there is so much evidence but I'll just say that I don't think the longing looks or the touching is scripted or planned. It seems so natural, like they're just going with whatever it happening

I think Nicky has a thing for Greggo's hair as well. Personally Nicky must love it all crazy and spikey. When the both had long hair I love it. :) But do you think that Nicky is disappointed that Greggo has calmed down his look when he became a CSI? I kinda think he would be cause the crazy haired and loud shirt Greggo was the one he originally fell for. But you fall for the person you love not the way they dress or style their hair. Smell is a big thing for me as well. Nicky I feel would have a very manly type of smell and Greggo a little more exotic. I know when I was in relationship I got addicted to the smell of the guys detergent, so yeah when your attracted to someone you know their scent. I also plan on reading yoru new smutty fic as well Sara's Girl. :devil:

Yey, thanks! We all need smut in our lives...hope you like ;)

I don't think Nick is disappointed as such, that Greg has calmed down a little in terms of his style...I think he probably thinks fondly of what Greg was like when they first met but he loves how Greg has changed and developed and grown up too...I think when you really love someone you sort of change together over the years and it's ok, it's a nice change. Also, I bet Greg would do his hair in spikes like he used to, sometimes, if he knew Nicky liked it.

I love Lab Rat Greg, don't get me wrong, but I also love the grown-up, mature but still full of life version he is now too. I also LOVE when they both have long hair...that's why I watch S6 over and over, apart from all the great subtext :)

Caff - I agree, Greg's more mature style does not make him any less, well, lovely, frankly, buuuut....I do want the long hair back. Circa Rashomama, wavy messy curliness...I have realised that in every single fic of mine I write Greg with this hairstyle. Also, this entire post has been about Greg's hair, almost. Me, obsessed much?

If Greg was secure in his sexuality and used to keeping it quiet, sure, he would be more careful about touching, I hadn't thought of that. If Nick's more new to the whole being-attracted-to-another-guy thing, maybe he's less careful and also, after years of holding it back and denying himself, he just cant keep his hands off! Heh. Nice thought.

Nat x

Oh, btw Welleg, thanks for the reminder of Bad Words, I always think there is no subtext in S4. It's a good one, too! I just watched Scuba Doobie Doo, and I love how much Greg is in it...also when Catherine refers to Greg as Nick's 'partner' and Nick looks kind of embarassed and shrugs it off with that 'CSI wannabe' comment. I had forgotten, also, that I quite liked dark-haired Greg...hmmm....

I thought of a few more:
Cats in the Cradle (S2) - Name that Chemical Compound
Anatomy of a Lye (S2) - Nick is looking up weather patterns for his desert drowning and Greg is right outside staring
Empty Eyes (S7) - lovely non-verbal communication
Grissom's Divine Comedy (S8) - they were both sick; that cannot be a coincidence

There's also one in early season 3 - I sadly can't remember the exact ep, but Greg pages Nick from across the hall.

I love Lab Rat Greg, don't get me wrong, but I also love the grown-up, mature but still full of life version he is now too. I also LOVE when they both have long hair...that's why I watch S6 over and over, apart from all the great subtext :)

Caff - I agree, Greg's more mature style does not make him any less, well, lovely, frankly, buuuut....I do want the long hair back. Circa Rashomama, wavy messy curliness...I have realised that in every single fic of mine I write Greg with this hairstyle. Also, this entire post has been about Greg's hair, almost. Me, obsessed much?

I also love Greg's season 6 hair. It was while watching "Poppin' Tags" that I realized Nick and Greg had nearly identical hairstyles. Hopefully the person next door (I live in a dorm) didn't hear my squeal.

As for anything that may or may not exist between Eric and George, has anyone seen pictures from the 2005 SGA awards? They got a bit touchy-feely on stage. I don't really care either way exactly how close they are off-screen, but they do have great chemistry as is easily seen on screen.

Yey, thanks! We all need smut in our lives...hope you like ;)

I don't think Nick is disappointed as such, that Greg has calmed down a little in terms of his style...I think he probably thinks fondly of what Greg was like when they first met but he loves how Greg has changed and developed and grown up too...I think when you really love someone you sort of change together over the years and it's ok, it's a nice change. Also, I bet Greg would do his hair in spikes like he used to, sometimes, if he knew Nicky liked it.

If Greg was secure in his sexuality and used to keeping it quiet, sure, he would be more careful about touching, I hadn't thought of that. If Nick's more new to the whole being-attracted-to-another-guy thing, maybe he's less careful and also, after years of holding it back and denying himself, he just cant keep his hands off! Heh. Nice thought.

Nat x

I totally agree with you here, on almost everything ;) I loved lab rat Greg, and labratGreg hair :D But he has obviously grown up and I love mature Greg too, and I'm sure although Nick fell for lab rat Greg, he will love mature Greg just as much. Maybe Greg was as crazy as he was when he was trying to get Nick's attention, and when he got it more he calmed down a little (just a theory, I don't really agree with it but you never know).

I also think that you could be right about the whole touching thing. If Greg has been used to holding back for years then it just ends up becoming the natural thing to do, and being an only child too would just add to this. Whereas Nick as you say may be newer to the situation and not really know why he would have to have changed anything about the way he is etc. (i.e. if Greg knew his sexuality and came to terms with it for example in high school, it's obviously not easy to be gay at school)

I just watched Stalker again too, and thought it was really sweet Greg was distributing all of the posters about Nicks crime stopper thing, and he was just proud of him , aaawww.

And welleg, I know what you mean about the season 6 hair, although I think I like Greg's shorter lol, I think Nick looks way hotter with longer hair (or totally shaved, I love that too) just no moustache ...

I also think that Greg's clothes and hair are a little more staid now because he's out in the field, working in public. And bless him, he still manages to make his clothing look hip...But i like to think on his days off and when he's on holidays, the slightly more eccentric shirts and spikey hair cemented in place with hair gel make a reappearance...

What are everyone's love hopes for next season? I don't know how I feel about the new people, I don't like change in the first place but it seems like another reason for nick and greg to be kept apart. Plus the whole waitress thing, I mean, could be filler for the warrick dying storyline, could be...ugh. Either way, I'm hoping for more subtext, but at least some subtext knowing tptb. I know that george is currently without the beard, but nick stepping up next season who knows how long that'll last. Sucks for me that I got back into the love right after the season ended, september can't come fast enough when you need new subtext.

I also think that Greg's clothes and hair are a little more staid now because he's out in the field, working in public. And bless him, he still manages to make his clothing look hip...But i like to think on his days off and when he's on holidays, the slightly more eccentric shirts and spikey hair cemented in place with hair gel make a reappearance...

^-^ I love the thought of Greg wearing his old t-shirts (the ones that could have blinded someone ;)) on his days off. He does look stellar all the time, though. He's Greg, how could he not? I'd also like to think that Greg does his hair funky on his days off, too. Just to shake things up a bit more.

What are everyone's love hopes for next season? I don't know how I feel about the new people, I don't like change in the first place but it seems like another reason for nick and greg to be kept apart. Plus the whole waitress thing, I mean, could be filler for the warrick dying storyline, could be...ugh. Either way, I'm hoping for more subtext, but at least some subtext knowing tptb. I know that george is currently without the beard, but nick stepping up next season who knows how long that'll last. Sucks for me that I got back into the love right after the season ended, september can't come fast enough when you need new subtext.

^-^ I seriously hope that the Stephanie was just a filler. No more, no less. Just something to keep Nick in the restaurant. She might also advance Nick and Greg's relationship in many different ways.
But what do I want for season nine? Heh. Umm, well... I want subtext... and maybe something that is more than subtext. I don't need to know that Greg and Nick are going out or have dated, I just sort of want to know that they do see each other outside of work. In a friendlier enviromnent, you know? I'd also absolutely adore a cute funeral scene. It'd be one of those times that Greg actually touches someone. He'd be there for Nick, and maybe some of the other characters might wonder a bit, or they'd have known all along. All I know is that Nick's going to need someone there to hold his hand during the ordeal, and I hope that TPTB realize that the perfect person is right there, and his name is Greg.

I too hope season 9 will be filled with subtext, and maybe something more. What I'd like to see (without the breakup part) is something like the Cath/Sara scene in 3x17 when Hank and Sara split up, like the support and going for a 'friendly' beer. I think maybe Nick will be so devastated by Warrick's death he doesn't want to be alone, and Greg offers to keep him company, even something simple like ' you want to go get some lunch' or something would suffice for a while.

I'd also like to see no more Stephanie ( I didn't even know her name), and the hand holding funeral scene would be perfect, but I think TPTB would more likely make it Catherine to hold his hand (but we can hope).

It would be great too to see a little reference made to when they'd been out, like I don't know, they'd be out at a crime scene with somone else like Cath or Grissom and they'd see something that related to say e.g. a film, and Nick would say something like 'oh yeh, that's totally like that film we saw the other night.' And he'd look at Greg and there'd be the 'they almost found out without us telling them then' kinda look.

As for anything that may or may not exist between Eric and George, has anyone seen pictures from the 2005 SGA awards? They got a bit touchy-feely on stage. I don't really care either way exactly how close they are off-screen, but they do have great chemistry as is easily seen on screen.

I was just looking at these today - how weird. At least I think it was the 2005 ones, but yeah, chemistry is chemistry and it is all good as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for adding to the list, I had forgotten some good ones, as I suspected I had. Oh, yeah, Grissom's Divine Comedy - sharing sickness, yeah :p

Bubbles - Nick definitely loves mature Greg just as much in my book. I have just binged on S6 today, and he does just look grown up and sexy and wonderful. What more could Nick possibly want?? Though I think, too, that he might wear the old clothes on days off or nights out ;) I read a fic today that had him in black leather and eyeliner and I just...:devil: well, it was a nice thought anyways. Ooh, also, I very much like the seeing-the-same-film idea for a subtext moment. I love the subtle ones the best, that would just slide right by anyone not looking for them.

Caff - I have high hopes for the Love next season, but then I always do. S8 had some great moments (despite beardy beardface redhead) and so I think will the new season. There is so much potential for hurt/comfort moments with Warrick's death, and I too would love to see Greg touch Nick for once, i certainly think he would break out of his personal-space comfort zone to be there for Nick after he had lost his best friend. I think Greg is as warm as Nick, he just doesn't display it so openly.

So everyone's on board with the funeral hand holding idea? Marvellous. I love you guys...shame it's too late to write a mass letter to TPTB and demand one such scene :rolleyes: bet it will be Catherine, too, and much as I love Catherine, I hope she sits somewhere else. Let her hold Grissom's hand instead...

So to summarize...I want comfort, boy-touching and subtle subtext. It's not too much to ask, surely? :confused:

Nat x

Maybe Sara will come back, and not be with Grissom and she can sit with Catherine which would be :D which would take care of Catherine's hands (no dirty thoughts here... lol ) and that would also allow Nick's hand to be held by Greg, and allow him to be the comforter- that's a good idea :)

Yeh I can also see Greg at home on his night's off with his crazy hair and wacky clothes, bless him.

And what fic is this I hear you speak of? ;)

Last edited:
the funeral hand holding is such a great idea. And even if no hand holding but just sitting next to each other or a hand on nick's shoulder. But in all actuality I don't think they'll show his funeral, it'll come back normal and then through the premier episode we'll see how it's effecting them. Maybe they could do a scene where Nick has been working long hours to keep his mind at bay and he's sitting in the break room or locker room and greg just comes in and puts his hand on nick's hand or shoulder. Just a quick, could mean nothing or everything sort of moment.

actually that is a cute idea for a ff.

So to summarize...I want comfort, boy-touching and subtle subtext. It's not too much to ask, surely? :confused:

Me too me too. hehehe the term boy-touching still makes me giggle. I would freaking die if they had them holding hands comforting each other. Like we said before I thinking it would be more Greggo being there for Nicky, since he had such a close friendship with Warrick. Also I want the boys to work together alot in the coming season as well. None of this new CSI's working with Nicky stuff. Shouldn't Greggo be approaching level two soon as well? I'm watching Iced right now love Greggo's hair long and curly so cute. Also I see what you guys mean of Nicky being proud of Greggo 'growing up' so to speak with his image as he became a CSI. But sometimes I feel that hes lost a little bit of his humor as well which I miss most of all.

Lynn
and Fuzzy- It was mad trippy reading your joint post. You guys always make me laugh.

Sara's Girl
- Your fic is amazing, so delish. Made my day off even better. :devil:

So everyone's on board with the funeral hand holding idea? Marvellous. I love you guys...shame it's too late to write a mass letter to TPTB and demand one such scene :rolleyes: bet it will be Catherine, too, and much as I love Catherine, I hope she sits somewhere else. Let her hold Grissom's hand instead...

^-^ We totally should have, but I guess it is too late. They've already filmed a few Season 9 episodes... so who knows what number they are on already. The whole "...I hope she sits somewhere else. Let her hold Grissom's hand instead..." made me laugh. I was thinking that, since most likely it wouldn't be Greg, it'll be Catherine. Grr. More CatNip moments.

^-^ Nope, not too much to ask at all! Eric and George are pretty good at supplying the subtext... and there has to be some comfort (Warrick just died, for crying out loud!) and boy-touching isn't extremely rare, so we'll probably get all three! xD

the funeral hand holding is such a great idea. And even if no hand holding but just sitting next to each other or a hand on nick's shoulder. But in all actuality I don't think they'll show his funeral, it'll come back normal and then through the premier episode we'll see how it's effecting them. Maybe they could do a scene where Nick has been working long hours to keep his mind at bay and he's sitting in the break room or locker room and greg just comes in and puts his hand on nick's hand or shoulder. Just a quick, could mean nothing or everything sort of moment.

^-^ I really like that idea, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't skipping any time for the premiere. I've read what could be the summary of the premiere in the Season 9 Spoiler Thread and it implies that they aren't skipping any time. Thank goodness! I'd love it if Nick's just really burned out on cases, he's tired and he can't find anyone to really talk to and Greg just comes into the breakroom and gives him a gentle, loving pat to the shoulder to show him that he's here if Nick needs him.

Me too me too. hehehe the term boy-touching still makes me giggle. I would freaking die if they had them holding hands comforting each other. Like we said before I thinking it would be more Greggo being there for Nicky, since he had such a close friendship with Warrick. Also I want the boys to work together alot in the coming season as well. None of this new CSI's working with Nicky stuff. Shouldn't Greggo be approaching level two soon as well? I'm watching Iced right now love Greggo's hair long and curly so cute. Also I see what you guys mean of Nicky being proud of Greggo 'growing up' so to speak with his image as he became a CSI. But sometimes I feel that hes lost a little bit of his humor as well which I miss most of all.

Lynn and Fuzzy- It was mad trippy reading your joint post. You guys always make me laugh.

Sara's Girl- Your fic is amazing, so delish. Made my day off even better. :devil:
I too was watching Iced today and I was on the phone with a friend. When Greg came on we both squealed and burst out with, "I love his hair." I also loved his line right before the theme song, "Condom wrappers." That was amazing. I burst into laughter.

^-^ We totally should have, but I guess it is too late. They've already filmed a few Season 9 episodes... so who knows what number they are on already. The whole "...I hope she sits somewhere else. Let her hold Grissom's hand instead..." made me laugh. I was thinking that, since most likely it wouldn't be Greg, it'll be Catherine. Grr. More CatNip moments.

^-^ Nope, not too much to ask at all! Eric and George are pretty good at supplying the subtext... and there has to be some comfort (Warrick just died, for crying out loud!) and boy-touching isn't extremely rare, so we'll probably get all three! xD

^-^ I really like that idea, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't skipping any time for the premiere. I've read what could be the summary of the premiere in the Season 9 Spoiler Thread and it implies that they aren't skipping any time. Thank goodness! I'd love it if Nick's just really burned out on cases, he's tired and he can't find anyone to really talk to and Greg just comes into the breakroom and gives him a gentle, loving pat to the shoulder to show him that he's here if Nick needs him.

Can you send me the link for the spoiler? (I don't mind spoilers for TV, I'll see it eventually.)
Sara's Girl, I read you fic and it was awesome. Very smutty but awesome. It gives the rain a whole new meaning.

Alright... I too miss labrat Greg alot. I miss his randomness and especially all the subtext that happened back then. I do love mature Greg as well however. I also agree that Greg's hair in Rashomama was amazing. All long and hot... Anywho, if anyone reads those news articles on the right hand side of the screen over there -----> go to the one about Jorja Fox comin back. We all know about that but if you go past the part about her there is an interesting sentence about someone... Anyway I really need to post more. It's taking me forever to get to 50 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back