The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

That wasn't my point. They're amusing us not itselfs.
    They're actors (very good actors) so they can act in way which they want (of course they know the main idea for the characters but not writers are acting. George and Eric are giving much more than that what's in the paper). Good actor is not like a machine and doesn't need to do everything what writer/director is saying. Acting must be creative. I believe that George and Eric are creative so writers doesn't need to say them what to do with subtext;) To sum up - I just believe in their big talents.

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Interesting discussion. Hm, what do I think? Well, I'm sure TPTB must be aware of the huge following for N/G but I'd rather think they try to avoid anything that would make us shippers happy. The actors on the other hand ... Like you said, they add a lot to the story, maybe even on purpose. I mean that look in Felonious Monk??? Hello??? No one looks at their co-worker like that (in front of their boss!)!!! And the ass-check and the "Thanks doll" and constant chest-pats???

Anyway, I watched The Good, The Bad and The Dominatrix tonight and there is this one scene in which a woman thinks that Nick and Warrick are male strippers. I just had to think about Greg in that particular moment. Just imagine Warrick telling everyone in the breakroom about that little incident. I bet Greg made Nicky strip for him after their shift :devil:

And yes to everyone who said that Greg couldn't control himself once he started touching Nick, that's so true. I can also see the fact that he's not a touchy-feely kinda person, which makes it even more interesting that he let's Nicky touch him all the time.

3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Another reason I'd love one of us shippers to be a writer and to add in some subtext would be that I feel as if we realize that the smallest bit of subtext could mean something huge and undeniable. Just wondering, what kind of comment would Greg make that would cause people to wonder? I was thinking that maybe Catherine could be walking by Nick and Greg in the hall and hear Greg say, "Oh, and by the way, you left your A&M sweater at my house, but I don't mind."

^-^ I, too, wished that it had been Nick instead of Sara. What d'you think Nick would have said to Greg in that moment? In the moment he sees Greg lying on the dirty, cold ground all beaten and broken?

^-^ The "Thanks Doll" comment comes to mind when you said that a good actor doesn't need to do everything that the writer/director is saying. Hmm. I wonder what Nick was supposed to say instead? Was it just a slip of the tongue... or more? Well, to us it was obviously intentional. And Greg's face as Nick pats him on the chest is pure joy.

^-^ Hahaha I could see Greg saying to Nick, "Okay Nick, since I've heard that you're now in the stripping business, show me what you've got."

4. Lara

Lara Victim

ok. I understood the sense. and I am all right with you :)

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think all shipper's would love to be writer's for their respective ships. I actually think the Love has had much much more subtext over the years than for example GSR, which I reckon says a lot about something, I mean I watched the season 7 evolution thingy on the box set, and when Sara was 'created' her orginal line was love interest for Grissom, and I'm 110% positive Greg's didn't say love interest for Nick or vice versa...

And love_fan, I really think they 100% definately know about the following the Love has, it'd be naive not to, but I think they want to keep us happy because there are so many of us, but also need do anything more, because they believe there'd be a lot of unhappy people if it ever transpired on TV (unfortunately). I mean I think they are all for little pieces of subtext that only we would notice, but after that I'm not sure.

I do believe that George and Eric only 'help' the subtext situation, as I really can't see the writers saying do this here look at him longingly here etc etc, but it's obviously great that they do, I think they must read into the scripts further as all great actors would do.

6. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

The move damn near killed me yesterday - I'm still sore - so I'm just now digging out my DVDs.

I'm going to add a few eps to what was alreadyt listed
    Who Are You (S1) for the touchy-feely moment when Greg is telling them about the sand
    Bad Words (S4) for the "Thanks Doll"
    Gum Drops (S6) it's a powerful Nick episode and Nicky was told that he's radiating powerful feminine energy

And even though there's not much Greg, I love the moment in "Drop's Out" where Drops calls Nick and Brass "mom and dad." And I don't think Brass was the one being referred to as "Mom."

7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I agree with the whole family thing. Nicky's suppose to be the youngest of six or something right? He just may be at more ease with his physical touching (that sounds naughty :devil:) the Greggo. Like Sara's Girl said only children tend to be way more protective of themselves then others with siblings. In high school I dated a guy who was a only child and he was very similar. He would almost get nervous when I held his hand. But yet we never see Greggo push Nicky away when he touches him or anything. Maybe cause Greggo knows that Nicky need to figure out his attraction for himself and lets him or something. As for Sara and the scene Fannysmackin' , Greggo seems to have always had a close friendship with him once he started working in the field. That might have been due to the team split in season five. I wish it had been Nicky insteed as well, but him punching Kefed later in the episode always makes me happy. :)

^^I agree with that bubbles. I think it has alot to do withe the natural chemstry that George and Eric have. It all seems to some very naturally to them. Which we all appreciate. :)

8. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh, yeah, I would love that! And Catherine would just raise her eyebrows and smile like she does and just keep on walking...:) Or...something really domestic that one of them would just let slip, like 'Nick uses that kind of shampoo' or 'Greg talks in his sleep' lol...just in that absent-minded way people drop their loved one into a conversation almost without realising.

Depends whether they were together or not. If they were in a committed relationship, I think Nick would be lost for words. He wouldn't be able to say anything, the sight of the man he loves lying there hurt would be too much for him, think he'd lose it a little and maybe cry...just touch Greg and let him know he's there. Alternatively, if not (and FYI I think they are together by S7 but just to play devil's advocate a little) I think it would force Nick to confront his feelings for Greg and maybe it would go a little something like this:

Nick drops to the ground next to Greg and hesitates a little before reaching out and stroking his hair carefully. Greg still has his eyes closed and does not know who is touching him.

Greg: "Don't...I'm evidence."

Nick apologises but does not withdraw his hand. At the sound of his voice Greg forces his eyes open and stares, surprised and confused.

Greg: "Nick? What are you doing?"

Nick avoids his eyes and sighs.

Nick: "Taking care of you, if you'll let me."

Greg looks shellshocked before a look of understanding passes between them. Greg is, for once, lost for words.

Nick: "I'm sorry it took me so long. I didn't realise...you...I didn't...look, we'll get you better and then we'll talk about this, ok?"

Greg smiles a little. "You're an idiot."

Nick laughs, touches his face gently. "We can talk about that, too."

~fin~

Um....so I went off on one a little there but you got me thinking, your fault My Last Chance! :lol:

Oh, and Love Fan, I was watching that epi last night too, and I was also thinking about Greg's reaction to the male stripper thing. Lovely! :devil:

Nat x

ETA - MsCatherineBrown - I totally agree, Nicky punching that idiot almost makes up for it, I love that part!

I may have borrowed some of that scenario from somewhere, it's just occurred to me, since I seemed to write it so easily. *confused* *shrugs* No matter!

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. my_last_chance

^-^ Their natural and easy going chemistry and banter keeps me coming back for more. It's teh awesomeness!

^-^ Re domestic situation: I loved both of those, especially the shampoo one. Nicky saying to Greg that he's using up all their shampoo would be extremely cute and it would definitely mean there is more to their relationship than just friends.
    Re scenario: That was absolutely adorable. I loved!!! You should totally turn that into a fanfic. Nick's reaction was right on, I thought, and so was Greg's. Greg would, of course, be wondering abit but then he smiles and we know he's reciprocating with Nick. Again, I loved the scenario. Awesome job! xD

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

In FannySmackin, if Nick would have been the one to be there for Greg, I don't see him stroking his hair the way Sara did. I can see Nick either touching Greg's shoulder or his hand and sofly saying his name to let him know he was there. Greg would have known he was there though because if he knows the Sidle scent he most definitely knows that Stokes scent!!

I agree about Greg not liking others in his personal space, maybe because he was an only child but also maybe because his mother was so over protective she probably was very touchy feely with him and I think he might recoil from that.

And just for fun check out the way Greg is loooking at Nick in this cap (from two and a half deaths), it just screams "I want you."

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  11. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Thanks! :) I can never picture a scenario without going into fic mode. I've written too many post Fannysmackin' fics, I think I'l get lynched if I write any more. Feel free to steal, though. And yeah, domestic moments are adorable and I love the idea they would be so comfortable with each other that they would no longer be aware of the simple intimacy of what they were saying at work! :p

I know what you mean, Wojo, about the hair touching, it's probably more likely Nick wouldn't do that, I think it's just that I have a thing about Nick touching Greg's hair, I think I put it in everything I ever write, must be a little kink of mine (prob because I want to touch Greg's hair? lol) Hmm...the smell thing...I think smells are really evocative and powerful, and I suppose Greg would memorise Nick's scent if he had been pining after him all that time. So in conclusion, not the most realistic scenario (mine) but...oh well ;)

Oh, btw Welleg, thanks for the reminder of Bad Words, I always think there is no subtext in S4. It's a good one, too! I just watched Scuba Doobie Doo, and I love how much Greg is in it...also when Catherine refers to Greg as Nick's 'partner' and Nick looks kind of embarassed and shrugs it off with that 'CSI wannabe' comment. I had forgotten, also, that I quite liked dark-haired Greg...hmmm....

By the by, I have written some smut for the bank holiday (well it is in the UK, which is why I'm here writing this instead of at work), I can't link to it because of the rating but if you're feeling smutty you can find it at WMTDB, entitled 'Wet' ;)

Nat x

12. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

RAWR I love it. :devil: Thanks for posting that pic Wojo. I love subtext more and more everyday.

I think Nicky has a thing for Greggo's hair as well. Personally Nicky must love it all crazy and spikey. When the both had long hair I love it. :) But do you think that Nicky is disappointed that Greggo has calmed down his look when he became a CSI? I kinda think he would be cause the crazy haired and loud shirt Greggo was the one he originally fell for. But you fall for the person you love not the way they dress or style their hair. Smell is a big thing for me as well. Nicky I feel would have a very manly type of smell and Greggo a little more exotic. I know when I was in relationship I got addicted to the smell of the guys detergent, so yeah when your attracted to someone you know their scent. I also plan on reading yoru new smutty fic as well Sara's Girl. :devil:

13. nickfangirl

nickfangirl Prime Suspect

Ah, haven't been here in a while, I agree, Nick would like Spikey haired Greg, it shows more of his spunky nature.

14. my_last_chance

^-^ I know I've asked this before... but do we have any screen caps of Greg touching anyone the way Nick touches him (besides Nicky)? I don't honestly think there are many of them, if any. I love how comfortable Greg is with Nick. They're the best of buds and it shows.

^-^ Oh wow. That picture made me laugh. Is he honestly looking at Nick like that? To me he looks really tired, lawl. Maybe he was about to blink or something. Hilarious pic, though, and the eyes tell all. I agree that the face is sayin' "I want you." Thanks for posting it; it made my day!

^-^ My friends and I keep talking about the old Greggo- how he used to dress and how he used to act. I think that Nick wants Greg's old hair back, and kind of wants the old Greg personality back as well. After all that's happened to Greg, well, he's growing up... a lot. I'm sure Nick realizes this, but I think he still sort of wants the man with the child-like look at life, you know what I mean? Of course he loves Greg no matter what, and I totally agree with you when you said "...You fall for the person you love not the way they dress or style their hair." It's so true. Nick'll love Greg even if he goes bald and starts to dress like Grissom. It's Greg as a whole that drew Nick to him, and he'll keep on lovin' Greggo.

15. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

First off I want to say I love Greg's new style, his layers and sweaters and short hair, he doesn't come across as an unexperienced little boy anymore. Which I think is about time,he's 30 something, so it's a far cry from the old greg/eric style, but it doesn't mean he's any less awesome.

And as far as Nick, I don't think he cares what Greg dresses like. It was that zany, out going personality that I think attracted him, something different than himself. Rewatching the first few seasons I don't think they were together but you can see the attraction, the flirting, but now? Definitely together. It's safe to say that Nick hasn't changed much look wise, a few different hair styles, but he's still the same guy, where as Greg would be constantly one extreme or another. But I don't think that means they would just suddenly hate the other for wearing a different shirt.

The whole Greg not touching Nick got me thinking, too. Greg has always been pretty ambiguous in his sexuality, so he probably has more experience sort of keeping things on the dl, where as Nick is cautious but emotional and can't help himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.