George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwingsgirl514

redwingsgirl514 Victim

FYI from one rabbit owner to another...watch out for bananas. They would make my rabbit, uh, bop whatever was around. :wtf: Very bad if you have guests over.

2. Veze

Veze Rookie

I'll be the proud Mom of a Bernese Mountain Dog in July and he'll be named Grissom.

Nicky's my man but I have to compromise with the husband :lol:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well since we have a looooonnnnnnngggggggg summer ahead of us, lets talk about what we would like to see happen to Nick next season.

Now we all need to behave and no spoilers. Speculation and ideas only.

So I really hope he starts taking on that leadership role. I hope they have not abandoned that idea. He would make a great leader even if others don't agree. If this ends up being Billy last season, maybe we'll actually get to see that. With these new characters coming, it would be a perfect time to put him in that role.

If Warrick doesn't make it, I hope we see it affect Nick in someway, but not that he can't do his job, you know what I mean? Also, if Warrick doesn't make it I would like Nick to be the one who ends up figuring out it was the Undersheriff that shot him. That one little piece of evidence that shows it was the Undersheriff. What if tptb decide to stretch out this story, how I don't know, but I'm just speculating. That it eats away at Nick and that's how he ends up figuring it out, you know? Ok, I know what I want to say, just not getting the words right.

We know Nick will probably be the one who finds him so I think he should be the one to solve it, but you know they're going to make Grissom probably figure it out. :rolleyes:

I think we really need more Nickcentric episodes. Let's really see George's acting ability. Ok, Greg needs a little more screen time too, and he can work the cases with Nick.

Oh and since no new Nick pics for awhile, I think George needs to a couple of photos shoots, just for us Ward girls. You know something new to :drool: over.

What do you all think? Or as George/Nick would say, y'all!

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

*is soooo jealous* :p thats my dream dog!

they could do so much with nick next year, im looking forward to it! i would definitely like to see him groomed to be a supervisor.

i think warricks death could affect nicks work in a positive way, especially if and when they catch the undersheriff. i think it could make him more determined to be the best he can, if the undersheriff was working right under their noses what else could be missed?

if they didnt give nick any long term emotional issues after being buried alive im not holding my breath for them to handle the death of his best friend much better :(

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^ITA allmaple. They'll show lots of Grissom and Sara crying moments, but Nick will be put the backburner as usual. I'm not holding my breath.

It's why I resort to writing my own Nick fics, they're not that great, but they're mine.

OH a Bernese Mountain Dog--my dream dog too. I love those dogs. We have one that boards with us at the clinic named Teddi. He's my favourite dog. When we go out for walks he rubs his big old head against me waist-I'm pretty short.

We just got a kitten and my daughter and I decided it could have two names..Troy George!

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Hey don't sell your self short. I think your stories are really good, otherwise I wouldn't be reading Irreversible and anxiously waiting for the next chapter. I read a couple of your other ones too, they are really good.

Don't give up writing Nick fics.

And Nick better not be put on the back burner just because of Sara. There are fans out there that aren't fans of GSR and I really think this season should be about us, not them.

It's time tptb keep giving Nick more screen time and realize that he has a big fan base out there that wants more Nick!

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Your work is very good. I loved This Woman's Work. Sorry I'm not reading Irreversible but that is just not for me. Keep up the good work

As for Nick..I think if he's allowed to supervise the new employee that should do wonders for his career. I also hope that when Grissom is off that Nick will get to be the supervisor. Forget Catherine or outside help Nick is your man :)

As for Warrick, I hope it will have a positive effect on Nick and if he is the one to get the Undersheriff then more the better. I think Brass and Grissom will help keep Nick grounded. I just hope that nobody blames Nick. He offered to buy Warrick a beer and he declined. End of story. Don't beat yourself up Nick :)

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Awww thanks guys..I know Irreversible isn't for everyone, but my next one will be..umm..not as dark, but interesting..

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I second and third Speedy and Cap'n Jacquie's comments about your writing! But then, I'm a little biased. :D

I think Nick might blame himself a little for what happened to Warrick, but not too much. In earlier seasons it might have had more of that effect on him, but his character has grown a lot over the years, and I think he's going to be focused on and determined to solve the case.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Nick will blame himself, but hopefully he'll get through this and keep to the game.

Jacquie! Your avi is..inspiring..hehehehehe..it gives me great ideas for my fanfics...I'm so evil.

As tough as Irreversible is to read, there is some shipping in it...Oh Mandy...

I love Mandy, she's my girl!!! I'd love it if she and Nick got together, but alas it will never be..

11. Jacquie

myfuturecsi I'm glad you like my avatar. And oh I love the thought of an avatar inspired fanfic :) I give all credit to Speedy :)

12. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

I see that the CSI shows are offering up their actors for Emmy consideration. George is listed as a contendor for best supporting actor, but there's no specified episode identified to evaluate his work in like there is for all the other actors.

So if we could identify the ep from Season 8 that would open the eyes of the Emmys to the talent and acting prowess that is our George, what would it be?

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Personally I would love to say Bull or Drops Out because those were my absolute favorites for the season. But I'll say Lying Down With Dogs because with the dog fighting people would take more notice of the episode and the work of the actors in it. Besides he really got to show that Nick's empathic abilities went to the victims even if they were animals.

Susan

14. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I agree Lying Down With Dogs would be the one that I immediately think of. Dead Doll is pretty good too.

I'm surprised he's never been nominated for any kind of acting awards for CSI. Are these voters not seeing what we see every week?

15. Jacquie

I think one major factor for George will be that he's not been penned down to an episode. The people that make the nominations will be able to look at his work for the full year :) That being said, Lying Down With The Dogs, Bull, Drops Out, and For Gedda are ones that I think George could easily be nominated for :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.