Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

One word.... CONFUSING

I might try think up a better word tho that seems first word in my head.

A game... Stuck in the Mud... Meerly for the the fact its where they stand lol... Or Kiss Chase... tho that would explain s3.

Its been quiet i noticed that to... The weather turned here again, I know its exam time around a lot of places i have a week off to revise for 1 exam... not going to happen. Planning a DL fic well one shot a nice week to plan it.

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Hey Bella363 just call me Meg to make it easier to type. :p

Painful is my choice of word

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

One word for this season? Hm, I can't decide between 'confusing' and 'painful'.

I think, it was confusing because of all the unanswered questions. Maybe the problem is we expected too much because of what we read before the season started. I expected to see a few DL moments, because they said they'd be together and they'd deepen the relationship. But then we got nothing that showed us they were really a couple. I didn't want to see them kissing and having sex every episode. But some nice talk, one kiss or a hug would have been nice. And the 'deepen the relationship'? I didn't see that. Well, maybe their relationship will deepen after PF (I'm trying to finally use the episode's names, not just the numbers :D ), maybe. All we got was the bump, a huge bump. So yeah, it was confusing. And even after the finale we still don't know what's going on with those two.

I think it was painful because of the bump. The whole drama was painful (not just because of DL, the whole storyline was painful and hurting). But the cheating thing was really the top of the iceberg. This season had way too much drama in my opinion. And it wasn't crime drama, it was personal drama (I also mean the 333 caller). I really hope, next season will be a bit lighter. Not like a comedy show or something. But I'd like to have a mix like we got in s2. Some drama, but not personal drama almost every episode, and between this some lighter episodes.

My hopes for next season are some more DL scenes. Some people are still telling me 'it's not the DL show, it's not the DL show'. Yeah, I got that. And I never said I want them being the centre of the show. All I want are some little scenes, that show us what's going on between them. I don't want to guess. And after we got this huge bump, I think we deserve some nicer scenes. Not much, just something nice, to make up for this season. I think, after we got so many Mac/Peyton scenes in s3, we could at least get one or two kisses or a hug, right? And I hope, after they showed drama DL, they'll show how they reconnect and maybe finally some fluff. Just a tiny little bit.

Just a question from me: what will you do during the summer? I think, I'll do what I'm already doing- rewatching all epis from s2 and 3 and reading, reading, reading all the wonderful DL fics out there.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

*Natty sneeks in*

Hey guys, I havent been in here for a while because i've had exams and i've been diving into my notes :p I've missed this place but am feeling like a foreigner at the mo!

Erm i've gotta agree with Dawni, I think the most of the season just left me wondering what they hell was going on and like Brinchen said we read about many good DL scenes that were never in the final episodes. This is one reason im going spoiler free for the first time- hey I originally joined this board for the spoilers :guffaw: So I guess you'll guys will be having a lot of fun with me this summer!

That's a really good point. I mean who called it the Mac/Peyton show when we saw a lot of their relationship. Next season I think it'd be good to have an episode near the begining when they pass a few smilies and have a good banter suggesting they are back together and then mid season at the start they are, for example, just sitting talking in a coffee shop or danny's apartment and either one has to leave early becasue of a scene :D

This summer....Well I finish soon after these exams and am planning on watching all my boxsets and finally finishing my DL fic. Oh by the way I was asked to make a video with a cerain song and remembered your dicusion on the swapped scenes in Personal Foul (yes, I was lurking) and came up with Same girl-Their Story

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Awwwwwww, Natty, what a wonderful video. You wanted to make me cry, right? :lol: It was perfect, thanks for posting!

Exactly. That's why it annoys me when people tell me 'it's not the DL show'. It also wan't the Mac/Peyton show. I think, a few glances and a nice little scene with them together out of work would be great. I don't need them lying in bed together or so. Just something nice, maybe a minute that shows them together, not as co-workers but as a couple.

Good luck! I wish I could do that, too. I tried it, but gave up the moment I saw a new spoiler was posted. :lol:

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Disappointing :(

But any of the other words suits fine too :)...I've never seen such a mess when it came to a TV couple before; the whole season I felt like different people with different ideas where all trying to write their own way of how they saw this couple - it was inconsistent (there's another word ;)) to say the least. And no doubt a lot of what we felt has been caused by our own interpretation of the scenes and spoilers, but I think after SD everyone expected season 4 to be different D/L wise than it turned out to be.

And, among other things :scream:, I'm also getting a bit sick and tired of the "it's not the D/L show" argument - Like some posters before said and know that, I know that and probably everyone knows that, and we never ask for anything as hurtful and disgusting as using a dead boy and a grieving mother to be used as a plot device to cause trouble, we just wanted a few scenes that made it clear that they were still together, some teasing from their co-workers and some great cases in which the whole team could show their excellent crime solving skills...And if they had wanted to create a 'bump', some misunderstandings and even a forgotten birthday could've sufficed...this was just way, way too much drama...:rolleyes:

Natty loved the vid! That was one great insight in Mr. Messer's thoughts and memories...

I will still read the spoilers (it's an addiction :eek:), but I will take all of it with a great grain of salt from now on :cool:

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

*blushes* Glad you liked it ;)

I dont know why but this season hasnt really excited me as much after eading the spoilers and to be honest not just DL but the season in my opinion wasnt its best. I really cant wait for S5 though and I hope we get some indication to where out=r ship is early on :)

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Completely agree with you. As if we asked 'please, can you give us fluff and romance every epsiode?' We never did that. All we did was asking for some little moments. We just wanted to see that they were really together. And please, almost everyone I know thought that they were together after SD, even people who don't ship DL like we do. So why not giving us some talk (doesn't even have to be longer than two spoken sentences) or a small kiss or a hug? I don't think, this has anything to do with turning the show into the DL show.

I agree that s4 wasn't the best. Not only because of DL. There were some really good episodes, but I think the 333-caller-storyline and the Ruben/Rikki-storyline was way too long. And the drama one of them caused was also too much for a show like this. The first season I saw was s2, and I started watching it because of the cases. Even though there was also personal drama and DL and Mac, they anyway focused on the cases, and last season I missed that a bit.

I think, I won't pay that much attention to spoilers anymore. Of course we know that they can change. I think it's my own fault that I expected so much after reading them. I'll just wait and see. Lets all hope that we'll get some good DL, which means no drama (after this huge bump!), some bantering, some flirting and maybe something that finally shows 'hey, we're together'.

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i agree with you dutch_treat D/L was very inconsistant this season. that whole ship could have been so much better.

to me i think after SD i had such high hope not only for D/L but for the whole show. i think my hopes being so high with the way some of the stories and that "bump" the season was kind of a let down.

the entire season was one big inconsistancy it's like every character just had all these big mood swings. the writers seemed like they were trying to make new characters and change the ones we have come to love. i was disappointed the way they made Danny out to be a bit of a man whore and hid his feelings from Lindsay. i was soo disappointed with how they made Lindsay seem like this self absorbed person. D/L were soo right for each other through out seasons 2 and 3 and then to break them up and go through this mountain with a ridiculous reason for it was soo not right.

i'm all for ship drama i love it but the D/L drama was imo not handled as well as it could have. if they weren't talking to each other for a while over a work disagreement that would have been better.... anything would have been better than the story we got. i felt it was a cheap way for a creative writting team to give D/L this bump and cause drama.

D/L better be back on track. not back to complete normalcy but back to pre- "Child's Play". even they don't end up as lovers like they were (or Lindsay thought they were) than i am totally fine with them being friends with some bantering and flirting. they just need to get out of the slump they're in together.

i will say this like i did so many times this year: leave the Grey's Anatomy drama to Grey's Anatomy. what works for Grey's doesn't always work on other shows.

10. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Im back...again! I was upset with TPTB for screwing up D/L so I was watching old episodes where things were great, and didnt have much time to come comment.

I totally agree. D/L was perfect, just strolling along...then Danny forgets Lindsay's birthday and BOOM!(not in a good way) everything starts going bad. Danny had the thing with Rikki *cringe* and Lindsay could tell something happened, and got mad..understandable. But -like already said- they made her seem self-absorbed and almost a little whinny, which annoyed me. D/L just needs to reconcile completely. Danny should be honest so everything is cleared up and they should just skip off into the sunset. *sigh* If only.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That's exactly what I thought, too!

They try to show us more of the characters, but instead of getting deeper into them, they seemed to change them. Of course, people change with the time, but not that much in such a short time.

I really missed DL this season. The first few epis were good. Apart from waiting for a tiny little DL moment, it was okay. But then we got all the drama. I understand why they started drama. It's normal for TV shows. But this was too much. And they still didn't show what exactly is going on with DL. I'm hoping we'll get that nexyt season, and I'm also hoping they'll be together again. I was so looking forward to some nice couple scenes (which doesn't mean fluff with no end but some nice little scenes).

12. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Well between the gale force winds, the torrential rain and the power cuts - it must be a British bank holiday Monday :guffaw: Best to stay indoors and catch up with the board. I agree with the choce of words so far - confusing, painful inconsistent. Has anyone got any more? What about ..... bittersweet? After the wonderful Snow Day, Season 4 was angst and drama ridden

Natty - Great video hon :thumbsup: It is nice to look back on how things developed between them. As if Snow Day could have been a one night stand after everything that happened between them :p I have just started rewatching Sugah's wonderful SODAL which is just what the shipper doctor ordered after this season.

Exactly Dutch - well said! After all the scenes that we got in Seasons 2 and 3 bringing them together, it was not too much too expect something to confirm that they were together after Snow Day. One scene would not have made it the Danny and Lindsay show by a long shot. That infamous head kiss from 'Boo' would have solved it quite easily IMO. Which makes me wonder what reason they had for not giving us any clarification on their relationship? It seems to have been a conscious decision to not confirm their relationship before RND.

I missed them too :( I really enjoyed the banter that we did get (Commuted Sentences as great :lol: ) but drama should always be balanced by fluff in my book.

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Thats what really annoyed me they made he look pretty bad in it. Its understandable how she ws feeling but they made it like she didn't care about his feelings. When she did and CP we saw she did but the scenes screwed that up.

Commuted sentences was my fave of theres this season it was how they are meant to be, joking and smiling and still sense the chemistry.

I just want it back to the flirting fun and if it has to be as a friendship then let it be because the drama I can take but it just messes up there characters and basically makes Lindsay worse off.

Lol Bella what else did you expect from a bank holiday weekend... sunshine in the UK doesn't happen. I couldnt sleep last nite cos of the wind would rattle my blinds and drive me mad but it was to hot to shut teh window.

14. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I dunno what you guys are talking about, the weather's fine here in Notts :)

One word to sum up this season? I agree with the choices posed so far. I would say a rollercoaster. There's been so many ups and down. We started the season with high hopes after Snow Day, and we got a few good scenes (Condom Spray, Commuted Sentences...) But then, everything came down when Ruben died. I just hope we get some good stuff next season, as the last two episodes have been a bit dissapointing. I was talking to Liff earlier, and he said that he thought the writers held something back in the finale, and I agree. Hopefully we'll see some DL action in the premiere. Anyone know when that is?

Gotta jet, buds. PSG xxx

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I hope that, too. They can't just forget about DL, especially after all they have done. I agree with you, I think there will be something. I just hope that it's not drama again. Please, don't let it be any new drama! Please!

Last season started really good. We got the great and funny condom spray thing, we got the moments from 'You Only Die Once', we got 'Boo' and 'Commuted Sentences'. It could have been a good season. But what happened then was just too much.

Just a question, what would you like to see next for our couple?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.