The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Rycin? Maybe? I'm probably wrong too, it just made me giggle because when I first read this I kept imagining Nick covered in raisins...like...as in dried fruit :lol: My spelling is prob wrong too so please don't feel I'm making fun of yours, it was just a funny image.

I LOVE the one with Nick standing behind Greg and the one where Nick has his hand on Greg's chest...the look on Greg's face is just like...someone in a fic once called it 'stunned desire' which is exactly what it is. Like 'God...you're touching me again...I want you' :devil:

Can I make a little request? Feel free to ignore me if you want but when people post a screencap could they put which epi it's from? Please? Cos I get confused between epis and some of these pictures make me want to rewatch immediately but it would take forever to go through all epis...Thanks :)

There are many many more moments where Nick touches Greg than the other way around. I think this is for a few reasons:

1) Greg tends to keep a tighter rein on his feelings than Nick, he feels but does not show them outwardly, so he does not touch Nick because it would be obvious, though what he does do is look. A lot. His want/love shows in his eyes and the way he smiles at Nick because it's harder to control that.

2) I also see Greg as the more sexually forward/aggressive of the two and think perhaps if he allowed himself to touch Nick then he might go too far, and there would be fireworks of the getting-caught-in-the-breakroom variety.

3) Greg is a tease. Simple as. He flirts but then backs off, 'cause he knows it drives Nick mad (in a good way)

4) With all the touching Nick does, if Greg was to reciprocate, it would be 10 x as noticeable to everyone else. 'Notice how those two are always touching *each other*?' is harder to write off than just one person being quite tactile, which I think Nick is anyway.

So...once again, I have overthought this, but it's because the comment about touching got me thinking because I know it's not because Greg doesn't want to touch Nick. He does. Oh, yes, he does.

As for TPTB, I don't know what they will do. I still reserve a little hope that they will see the light and make the Love canon. You never know, and the thought makes me happy.

Greg coming back from California with a ring on...god, I would just fangirl all over the place if that happened. :p

Nat x

2. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I do love the ass check there ;)

In terms of the amount of posts I mean Nick/Greg is the third biggest ship I think. I mean I thought Greg/Sara and Cath/Warrick were bigger too, but in terms of the number of posts etc, I think the love is above those ;)

It would be interesting if they didn't know about the subtext and all they've created, but I'm sure that they must do. Or at least have a slight knowledge of the ship, as I'm postive TPTB must do. I mean this is thread no. 19 on here, and it'd be naive to think TPTB didn't know of what the fans think.

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Of course the actors knows of THE LOVE- who do you think started it? :censored:

Well I hope that generally, in all the CSI sites there are that, this ship... The ship of the LOVE is really the biggest slasher of either gender...

I'm so glad that you liked the pictures Saras_girl. I'll try and remember your request but im really bad at episodes and titles

Ok regarding the love....

Well to be honest with you Nick only touches Greg the most, he once hugged Griss- thats only because he thought that Griss was leaving and never coming back.. Bless him!!! He has touched Warrick but thats in the - hey buddy- slap back- hetrosexual stance...

Yes Greg is a flirt, a big time flirt, who can battle his eye lids at anyone and they'd do what ever he wants... That does kinda back up my theory just slightly about Nick might find it harder to express his feelings to the residental flirt.

Yep, I agree with you Girl that if Greg decided to up his act- then Nick would be like puttie-gloop- in his hands....

True, but it would be nice for Nick if Greg touched him just a little every now and then... Poor Stokes!!

(anyone wanna write to Eric about that ehm??)

Yeah Greg's flirting is done by his eyes...

4. Lara

Lara Victim

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I believe they know. well, they play this part, should know it that they are together, no? ;):p

5. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

First of all, I'm loving the pictures.

Second, I'm in the middle of changing dorm rooms for the summer, which is the job from hell. It's amazing how much crap I accumulate over a one year period.

Anyways, I'm going to want to sit down with some CSI once I have everything moved, so I'm asking for suggestions of good Nick/Greg episodes that I can sit down and watch.

6. Sara's Girl

Ok, well here are my favourites, people feel free to tell me what I left out!

Rashomama (S6)
    Up in Smoke (S6)
    Slaves of Las Vegas (S2)
    Chasing the Bus (S2)
    Scuba Doobie Doo (S2)
    Grave Danger (just because - S5)
    Who Shot Sherlock (S5)
    Kiss Kiss Bye Bye (ok, so this is just Greg, but still - S6)
    Redrum (S7)
    Fannysmackin' (just because - S7)
    A La Cart (S8)
    Bull (S8)
    Snakes (Nick speaking Spanish, so...S5)

There are more but hope that's a good start for you :)

Oh, yeah, Candygirl, I would love it if Greg touched Nick more, I really would. And you're right, Nick does touch Greg more than he touches anyone else (he's kind of obvious isn't he, bless him) but he touches people more than Greg does, full stop. I think when Greg touches he gets out of control ;)

Nat x

7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I also agree that if Greggo touched Nicky he would not be able to sop himself form doing more. Mainly because hes more at ease with his own sexuality. Where as Nicky sees his touching as just friendly touching. Even though he knows that its complete different from the way he touches Warrick. Like Sara's Girl and many others have said Greggo speaks volumes with his eyes. also other little other things as well like sitting a little closer then needed next to Nicky and bothering Nicky while hes working on evidence and such. The 'I thought we had a relationship' scene in 'Random acts of Violence' , I think speaks volumes of his feelings for Nicky.

Like candygirl1uk the love is seen as the largest slash ship in the CSI world. I see the main other ships as GSR, YoBling, Purejoy, Snickers, Sandle and CatNip. welleg there are so many I could suggest to you. 'Slaves of Las Vegas' one of my favorites, 'Random acts of Violence' is good as well. So is'Rashosama', from season six, and more recent from season eight 'ALacart', 'Lying down with Dogs', and 'Bull'

8. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Oh wow what you people can write in three days...
    Okay, first of all, I love the screencaps. Subtext written over every single one of them.
    I think the actors must know. I mean the writers and directors didn't tell George, "Okay, George, as Eric walks away check out his ass." or, "George as you're leaving the room, pat Eric on the chest and say Thanks Doll." It just doesn't happen. The actors are clearly the ones who add the subtext.
    Oh wow, last night, Who Shot Sherlock was on last night and I squeed myself to death at the ending. I mean Nick never lets him go. Even when Greg is hugging Sara.
    Snakes was on too and once again I was squeeing at Nick speaking Spanish. My friend thinks I'm insane. Which might be true but not when it's about Nick and Greg.
    Personally, I don't have a clue whether they are together, broken up briefly or if they've ever been together at all. I do think they both know how the other feels though.
    I definitely agree that Greg's eyes speak volumes. I also agree with Sara's Girl about why Greg doesn't touch Nick as much as Nick touches him. It makes sense that he isn't as open about his feelings but I would love to see Greggo be the one touching Nick for once.

9. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I'd love to think that the writers put in the subtext. It'd give me more hope that they'd go canon, but since the actors themselves are putting in unscripted things, they'd be the ones doing it. I dunno, I'm still undecided. I want Love fans in the writers, and I want Eric and George to be Love fans too. Wow, funny thought... what if Eric or George wrote Nick/Greg stories on fanfiction.net secretly? Man oh man. :guffaw:But seriously, I wonder if Eric or George have approached TPTB about their characters' relationship. Has anyone ever told them to cool their subtexty jets because it's just getting to be too much? Well, not for us fans, but maybe it's too much for the producers and whatnot. I think one of us Love shippers should become a writer for CSI. At least then we'd know that there would be subtext, gosh darn it, and lots of it! And so then we know that our ship is being represented properly. xD

^-^ This is where I'm at a crossroads. Nick's body language and touching of Greg makes me think that he's more open about his feelings, but in all honesty I still think that he's less likely to express his true feelings. I'd always thought of Greg being more outgoing, but he rarely touches Nick. Does that mean he's less open about his feelings? In my mind, no. I agree with everyone who said that if Greg started touching Nick, he may go too far. I wouldn't blame him, but that's beside the point. Maybe he's restraining himself. He has lots of time to touch Nicky, while Nick on the other hand needs to have that constant reminder that Greg's his and only his.

10. Eurydike

Eurydike Victim

As regards Nick touching Greg, I think it's just natural for him. He's pretty tactile. Remember in 323-Inside the box when they're eating chinese food, and nick exclaims and hits Greg on the arm? it's such couple-y thing to do
    , like he naturally gravitates or expresses himself towards Greg first.
    Greg's not tactile really with anyone, i think he has a defined sense of personal space. Perhaps something to do with being an only child versus Nick from a large family. But he really doesn't like to be crowded. 213 when Nick tells him not to sneak up on him like that, "Now you know how i feel like 10 times a ten." And he's gotten short with people in his lab. He needs to invite people into his personal space to feel comfortable.

That hes so comfortable with Nick touching him frequently speaks volumes to me about their relationship. Nick's "allowed" by virtue of the fact that he's his boyfriend, when Nick touches him, Greg's relaxed and happy. Greg likes the contact from Nick but i don't think he'd react so well if someone else were to do it.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I can't agree about Love shipper as a writer for CSI. And you know why?;) It's for me a little bit like a game of cat and mouse. Personally I think that George and Eric are having fun so they're making subtext. Very often they do small things like this when Nick looked at Greg's bum. That's a little bonus for us. And it's a good solution for upsetting writers and producers because they don't want to have Love. So George and Eric are doing what they're doing... And we can't forget that not everyone can see subtext. Of course I know that a lot of people around are seeing other Nick's ships or Greg's. Even I had a small problem with Greg and Sara. But maybe producers and other people connected with show doesn't see Love too;) Subtext is just so small (not for us of course). I'm saying that because I know how people from my country are watching CSI. GSR was very easy to find so they talk about it a lot. But The Love doesn't exist! Probably they know it only from fanfics. But c'mon... there are many people who watched every episode more than twice. It's impposible to not find this subtext! Or even more other like YoBling (actually this one was found by some people but they wrote about it maybe in two or three posts). The Love - silence. So that's why I think that actors are making that - subtext is a little bit hidden and we need sometimes to look very carefully. If writers will write some subtext stuff... we'll see it very clearly. And not only us but many other watchers. That's my little theory;)

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Nice well thought out theory there.. However i do believe that the producers, directors, writers etc, know all about the love... Yes I have posted that Eric and George have done and DO put subtle flirty mannerisms in their characters.... Why.... This is not the messaging board for that...

:censored:

However the LOVE is the biggest slasher shiper there happens to be in the franchise of CSI.... WE are not alone... My las chance maybe they have approached the writers, etc, somehow I feel that in season 5, when the team split up... that was the fall out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sara's Girl, as instructed these two pictures are indeed from Caged season 2.

I saw the little touch Greg gave Nick.... Aww, that was so cute, Nick thought that he was going to die of posion, and Greg stroked his arm, sadly we didnt see that.

How could I have missed that?

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh... my theory, theory that producers and etc. know about Love. That sounds like we are a part of some kind of conspiracy theory:eek::guffaw:

But ok, seriously... I still think that actors are making all subtext. And that doesn't count out that writers, producers etc. doesn't know about it. Possible is that they're saying to George and Eric - "ok guys, you can do what you want here and here". I just can't imagine that they're saying something like "in this moment you should look at his bum" or "tap him" (hmmm... someone wrote that in the last page if I good remember). It's just impposible.

Arrrggghhh... I just hate and in the same time I love to have all these doubts. We'll see how Love will growe in next season. I'm sure we'll have more subtext and maybe some answers for our questions. Who knows;)

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  14. Lara

Lara Victim

but, why? you want to say that you think that Goerge and Eric are really like this? I believe that is the writers to say them that should do, that is a their idea. have a scene in mind and tell them what should do. I don't believe that be Eric and George to invent itself these subtext to amuse itself :lol:

15. Sara's Girl

Hmm I know what you mean, Deirdre, and I like the idea that subtext is kind of ad-libbed by the actors 'cause the makes it even more interesting...and getting one over on TPTB makes me happy because they deny us so much and constantly put things in the way of our ship. But we are a force to be reckoned with, as others have said, easily the biggest slash ship and one of the strongest ships overall. Buuuut....I would still love it if I could have just one day sitting around that writers' table...I would put some good subtext in there, just something little that only Love shippers would see but that was irrefutable. Not sure what, maybe Greg knowing some information that he would only know if he was intimate with Nick :devil:

Candygirl - nice caps, and thank you for naming the epi for me, I appreciate it muchly. See, now I can rewatch a Love moment with the minimum of hassle for my little brain :lol: *hug*

I love the discussion the Greg not touching Nick thing has sparked, and I agree with whoever said (sorry can't find it now to credit you) that Greg is protective of his personal space, and that it could easily stem from him being an only child, friends of mine who are only children are much much less tactile than those from big families, it makes sense. The only time I can think of that he is ok with people touching him is in moments when he's really vulnerable, like in Fannysmackin' where Sara comforts him and he lets her. I wish it had been Nick though :(

I should be writing my fic right now but it's hurting my head, I hate to hurt them but *sigh* I suppose there wouldn't be a story without it. Back to the grind....

Nat x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.