The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ This just speaks volumes about the LOVE. Actually saw this episode today, so great. Hes looking directly at Nicky no question about that. Nicky is always so touchy with Greggo even from the first season. It almost looks like he is reaching for Greggo's hand or something. Then in the next scene theres this look at Nicky's hands here speaks for themselves. Me thinks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love the grin on Nicky's face. Hes so happy for Greggo. I've been thinking about it and it does seem pretty impossible for the boys to have had this attraction for eight years and not do anything about it.

2. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I so totally love this...because two of my fav pairings are going on.

First, of course, Nick/Greg: BEST SUBTEXT EVER THIS SEASON! and the fact that we have to look a tiny bit harder to find it just makes it more fun! It's so lovely tobe proud of yourself when you find something.

Second: Eric/George. There's no way that any of this could happen without the obvious chemistry between these two. There's just no way. They make the characters. Anyone who ships Nick/Greg should ship Eric/George as well...because it's just impossable not to.

Well, that's my two cents...

Oh, hey, I GOT A NEW RASCAL FLATS CD! *cheers* lol. Just a random fact.

-Lynn

3. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Thank god someone else wants to think positively, I thought I was being an insufferable optimist on my own again. Thanks Wojo :thumbsup: (there's only the tiniest part of me that thinks it could be good for them to have waited 8 years, cos...can you imagine what would happen between them after 8 years of tension...stuff that I can't write without blushing or on a PG13 board :p) But yeah, to be honest, subtext tells me they have been together much longer than that for the most part. And I want them to have been!

I'm with you, MsCatherineBrown, he just can't seem to stop touching Greg at all. The others just hug him or whatever once but Nick seems to reach out for him at every opportunity, maybe he just figures it's a good excuse to touch him at work without anyone getting suspicious. Again I think he is the first to touch him as well in both scenes - definitely in the first one, at any rate. The smile speaks volumes too. I also do not think (if they are not together at this point) that Greg could not notice all of this, and could take the opportunity to make his move...

I also think that someone else would have said something to one of them if it had been a few years and neither had made a move. The looks and flirting and touching and whatnot mus be obvious to others in the team, I mean it's always obvious when two of your co-workers like each other, and for it to go on for years like that...someone like Catherine would get exasperated in the end, I think, and just tell Nick to ask Greg out, because life's too short! He'd be shocked that he was so obvious but then do it anyway. Just a thought, I have lots of them today...

ETA - and just as an underlining point, I will *never* give up on the Love.

Nat x

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I confess it was I that brought the negativity to the fort... Not that it was done on purpose, I was just trying to understad mind you, what would happen, if say they hadn't of gotten together but they do like each other more than they're williing to admit.

Like I said, when you're coming to terms with your own sexuality, it can be very hard... Especially for someone like Nick... Maybe he thinks that he's doing all this flirting and touching on the sly and no one knows?

The look Warrick gave Nick in the seasons final was enough for me to think that Warrick knows, and he wants Nick to tell him the truth...

Maybe Nick more than Greg is in denial... Yeah i know eight years is a long time, but like I said i know people who are in their fifites who have denied their sexuality and are just facing it now....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/smartgirl1/solv1.jpg

Nick can not stop looking at Greg, or touching him.... He needs a boyfriend...
    [​IMG]

this look does suggest Nick's longing for Greg... Maybe just maybe then its Greg that is in denial???

I dont know.

[​IMG] this i know is small, it just suggests that Greg is so much of a tease - "I thought we had a relationship!"

Oh by the way... I spotted another love sign... On the final, we all see Nick talking to Catherine as they walk down the hall, before Nick leaves, Greg joins them... Silly wall was in the way... But Greg says Hey, he says that to both Catherine and Nick, but Nick once again glances at his man...
    This one you all can see Nick finds it hard to resist touching Greg...
    [​IMG]

Question- IS there any pictures of Greg touching Nick?

Oh I will never give up loving the love either....

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Welcome, I feel I must remind you of the following rule: ALL posts must be a minimum of three lines and it must be three lines about the subject (Nick and Greg). The mods get very insistent on this rule. Just so you know. Thanks.

So I am glad to see that the happy place is back, I know we have so many factors against us as far as Nick and Greg. TPTB will never let it happen, so we have to rely on subtext and the ability of George and Eric to bring it to us. Otherwise we need to use our active imaginations and write our fics. We don't need much, just a look, a touch...etc:)

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

There is this one scene in S2 Caged in which Nick's all upset because he was in contact with raisin (I'm not sure how you spell it?) and Greg patted him on the arm to calm him down. But other than that nothing comes to mind ...

I agree with you, the Love is alive and will be as long as there are people (like us) out there who believe in it!!! :thumbsup:

Wow, so many new Love fans, welcome to you all!!!

Finally have DLS again (thank heavens) and watched that clip from the finale (the one without sound) and what was Nick thinking chewing on that toothpick??? :eek::confused::wtf: I'm usually all for toothpicks (Sofia was really good at pulling them off) but Nick? It just looked wrong and like Candygirl said, it looked like he had food stuck at his mouth.

Anyway, love the looks the two of them give each other, full of love and longing! Who's the waitress???:devil:

I would think that Warrick's death could be a catalyst for Nick to admit his feelings for Greg - finally. Like someone said earlier, Warrick wasn't able to tell Cath how he felt about her, so maybe Nicky thinks something like that shouldn't happen with him and Greg?

Oh, and I'd love it if they'd show the funeral and Nick would unconsciously hold on the Greg's hand. Totally subtle and it could be read either way, especially by people who do not see the love.

Ah, just died and gone to heaven, I finally found screencaps of Felonious Monk! The Look of Love! :eek: How could we ever doubt them??
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 2/207 Caged/normal_21727.jpg
    come closer
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 2/207 Caged/normal_21729.jpg
    and my favourite
    [​IMG]

Hm, I guess it was Lara who asked what TPTB meant? Well it's The Powers That Be and I guess it includes the producers and writers, everyone who invests money and work in the show. Hope I'm not wrong?

7. Lara

Lara Victim

Yes, I have asked it Myself. Thanks for the explanation. :) Now it is all clear. :thumbsup:
    Absolutely one of my favourite scene. Those looks do not lie.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Ah, I love this moment, especially because Greg wasn't in the best mood in that episode. I think it's pretty telling that Greg gets so close to Nick when trying to throw him and Warrick out of his lab. He just seems so comfortable getting close to Nick and touching him like that.

Finally I watched the clips of the S8 finale, although I stopped before the ending (don't want to go there - ever:(). Well, what can I say. Nick's definitely smitten in that diner scene but not with that waitress. They way he looks at Greg like he's the most fascinating thing in the world :eek: And I don't think Warrick really meant for Nicky to go after that woman, somehow I think it was an inside joke with the two of them. Like Warrick always cracks a joke when a woman gets interested in Nick because he knows that Nick only loves Greg. And the way he looked at him all smitten ... sigh.

I know someone mentioned it here (or so I think) that gay marriage is now legal in California and maybe, well maybe Nick "surprised" Greg in LA. Maybe he just couldn't take it anymore (Warrick's death) and he did the only reasonable thing he went to the man he loved to be comforted and maybe he proposed. I know that's fast but I believe they're together for a while now and they just seized the moment. Wouldn't that be great? Nick returning after two days with Greg wearing a ring? :eek:

10. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

That would be awesome, but sadly I don't think TPTB would ever go for it. And since in my fic epic Warrick never dies, I won't be able to use that bunny. I would love to read it though.

I need to go back and rewatch some episodes to pick up on more moments.

11. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I think it was Wojo who said that TPTB would never let The Love go canon and I'm still trying to debate if they'd let it or not. They did cut out the Bobby Dawson part, but do we even know if the writers actually wrote it? Maybe TPTB have discussed it before. I dunno... I'd like to think the writers know what they are doing, and if they put in the subtext then there might be some Love fans among them, right? I also kind of wonder if Eric/George ever watch CSI together and talk about the subtext they put in themselves. Do they ever say to each other, "In this episode there will be major touching, okay?" Gah. Too many questions.
    Thanks for the screen caps love_fan! *smirks* Nick just can't keep away from Greg. Also in the ones posted by MsCatherineBrown Nick just can't stop touching him. I actually pointed that out to a friend of mine. We both laughed at it. I don't blame Nick for not keeping his hands off Greg... I wouldn't be able to either. xD I think he wanted to show his support for his boy but not be too obvious about it.
    Candygirl1uk- I agree with you when you said that it could take a very long time for someone to come to terms with their own sexuality. Maybe it has taken them eight years to finally admit to their feelings, but who knows for sure. I like exploring all possible sides to their relationship and angst is a part of it, but I'm going to try to keep it off the board, since many people enjoy reading the goodness of their relationship and not really the hardships that could come before it.
    But as Wojo said, I'm not going to throw in the towel. Nope. As Secondhand Serenade said in Stay Close, Don't Go
    "This heart of stone will sing till it dies"
    But The Love will never die. That heart of stone will keep on singing a subtexty tune. Us fans will always find something that proves that there is something more to their relationship than meets the eye. I'll always be looking for the subtext. This is kind of my escape from my mundane reality. xD​

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I've only recently discovered The Love so I won't be throwing in the towel ;) especially after watching the eary seasons not so long ago. As I keep saying I'm not the best to judge on season 8 because I haven't watched it, but just looking at the screencaps, there is just too much subtext for the not to be anything there.

And love_fan I really like the idea of them holding hands in the funeral without thinking about it, that would be a really sweet moment.

Also, I'm not sure about whether or not TPTB would allow the Love to be canon, but we can hope can't we? And, from looking just at the people on the boards here, it's probably the third most popular ship after Grissom/Sara and Grissom/Catherine. And there just have to be writer's who support the Love, because all of that subtext can't just be from Georg and Eric surely?!

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL, love fan you couldn've asked I would've suplied you the pictures....

Tut...

Ah so there is one picture or one episode that Greg touches Nick. Does anyone happen to have that picture???

Greg feels Nick's attraction....

[​IMG]

See how he blushes...

They cant tear their eyes away from each other...
    [​IMG]

There really isnt any mistaking Nick's attraction towards Greg.
    [​IMG]

Bubbles you asked if all the subtexual flirting and teasing came from Eric and George only and no help from the powers that be... Well.... *cough* thats a *cough* need to see The LOVE Doctor...

14. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Tis a touch too big my love. Maybe next time post the http link so we can still see it, but it doesn't take forever to load. I don't want to remove the image in case you don't have it elsewhere, and plus, people have quoted it anyhoo so theres not much point anymore. :)

Also, with large images like that, try not too quote the image or, if you do, take the IMG tags off it so, again, the screens not constantly flicking and taking ages to load.

Thanks guys :D:D

15. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I didn't realize we were that popular. I'd always thought we were a small ship. The list, in my mind, went Grissom/Sara, Grissom/Catherine, Catherine/Warrick, then it was tied with Nick/Greg, Sara/Nick and Greg/Sara. I'd honestly hope that the subtext comes from the writers too, then we might have a chance at going canon. xD
    A funny thought came to mind just now... what if George or Eric didn't realize that they had a following, or their subtext was making people wonder. I could see one of them perusing the internet and coming upon this thread and spitting their drink all over the keyboard in shock. It'd be interesting if they didn't realize the chemistry they had on screen.

^-^ W0ot! More pics. I absolutely LOVE The Ass Check one. It's probably my favorite xD. And The LOVE Doctor comment made me laugh. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.