House#2: 'More Addictive Then Vicodin!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

It couldn't be sadder or more depressing.
    I don't get why Wilson should be mad at House, it wasn't his fault, it wasn't that House was driving drunk or something when the accident happened and he even risked his life to find out.

2. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I just watched the season finale. It rarely happens that I get emotional when watching a TV show (it's just TV, right?) but this time it really got to me.

House always has this "I can fix this" look on him except for this episode. He is not used to feeling incapable and I as a viewer am definitely not used to see him like that. It made me feel really uncomfortable. Because of this I knew Amber wasn't going to survive. It was heartbreaking to see Wilson by her side and her asking him to turn off the machine that kept her alive. I already had tears in my eyes but when she told him to do that the tears were rolling down my face.

House did everything he could to save Amber, almost costing him his own life. I think he liked her more then he would like to admit. The guilt towards Wilson (for feeling responsible) must also have played a role in how he handled the situation. It's good he feels responsible. Not that it is entirely his fault, but it makes him more human. I think it's natural for anyone in that situation to feel that way.

Is Wilson going to blame House for her death? I don't know but it I would understand if he did. Anger is one of the common emotions when dealing with the loss of a loved one. But in time I know he would forgive him. House is his best friend and from what I have seen the only real friend he has left.

Did anyone notice the sticker behind '13' on the wall, in the bathroom scene, saying 'vote for change '08'? Sneaky! :lol:

Me too! :wtf:

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  3. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

This two episodes really knocked me off. They were the saddest ones ever, I think. I really like Wilson and this shouldn't have happened to him. This should not happen to anyone.

Perhaps it's because she went to pick him up. But that's only the reason she was victim in that accident. She was sick anyway, if it had not happened after the accident, it'd have sometime in the future.
    Wilson shouldn't be mad at his best friend because of this. House even risked his life for Amber...

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

From what I gather she wouldn't have died if the flu medicine could've worked through her system like it is supposed to but since she was in the bus accident and it shut down her kidneys her body couldn't filter the medicine and that's what killed her. So if she took the flu medicine and didn't get in an accident she would've been ok. Does this sound right? I'm still trying to figure things out here! I don't get Wilson being mad at House either. Yes, he's the reason she was on the bus but it's not his fault it crashed and House did everything he could to save her including risking his own life. Wilson will have to let that go. But seeing him at the end checking on House to make sure he was alright was reassuring, he left cause he's upset and hurting right now. House is still his best friend, IMO.

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

First off I have to say that that was an amazing episode and I too cried. Wilson and Amber moment was so sad and I was really hoping she wasn't going to die. I too liked the banter that was going between them--like the so called custody battle of Wilson that they did a few eppys back. ANd Cuddy in the chair by House was sweet.

I was asking this myself but I think Wilson would be thinking either --House is being a ass again and thinking only of himself by getting drunk and not being able to get home or that Wilson is not really mad at House but at himself for not being there to get House and him being hurt and not Amber.

I think that with time it will resolve but the hurt has to have time to heal first. Showing Wilson standing in House's room at the end --seemed to me that he wanted to make sure that House was ok. If Wilson had not cared or really mad at him he would have never went into the room and would have just went home instead.

6. CarmineFan

Yeah, it was cute how she was holding his hand and sleeping in that chair in House's room. Shows that she cares about him although he had been an ass all that time in the past.

Sure Wilson was hurt. He lost his girlfriend, but it wasn't House's fault. And I think that's what Wilson thinks. Like you said, he checked on House at the end. I was asking myself why he left instead of staying, but thinking about it, it now makes sense. I would've checked on him, but leave as well. Wilson has to grieve. Time will heal the wounds and I think House will be there for him, although he is an ass

7. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

i'm curious about what is going tohappen in season 5
    i think wilson will be a bit mad at house, but sooner or later he will realise that it wasn't house's fault

but i guess a part of them both will think it is house's fault

8. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

well, i heard the new season is gonna start with a rocky friendship...
    but im sure, time will heal.. though scars will stay.
    -i hope wilson does see that house did everything for him and amber. poor house, he's got no one now :( (well, technically.. there is but..)
    the friendship is still there, but the incident might affect how they act now...
    and i wonder what's the relationship changes.. i mean between wilson-house-cuddy..
    hmm...

and 13... what will she do? im guessin' somethin' will happen to her next season.. *shrugs*

9. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

they gonna work it out
    though wilson had a lot reasons to break of their friendship but never did
    maybe their frindship is strong enough

10. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

The scene between Wilson and Amber nearly exactly duplicated what happened with my uncle and aunt when she passed back in '98, so I was in tears throughout that whole thing. Hit a little close to home.

Excellent episode!

11. CarmineFan

That Amber-Wilson scene was really sad. Although I'd like to, I wasn't able to keep the tears. I hardly cry when I watch something on TV, but this was one of these moments I had to. And it's even harder for someone who experienced a situation like that.

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I think they did such a awesome job of portraying that scene and did it without overdoing it. It came off as sincere and touching. And I too am not one to cry at every little thing but this, this I did.

13. CarmineFan

That was definitely the most emotional moment of all four seasons. Therefore it is something really special, I think. House MD isn't an emotional series, but this kind of moments make it to something special. I hope they won't create many moments like that in the future. Some would be okay, but not to many

14. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Yeah, I agree with you CarmineFan. It's nice to see House out of his usual "I don't care" attitude but if they would show us to much of that he's not House anymore.

No one else noticed the subliminal political message in the bathroom scene with House and 13? :confused:

15. CarmineFan

You mean this one?

[​IMG]

Looks like advertisement for Barack Obama

Last edited: May 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.