CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

He's already kinda slutty, so he might as well put out for his other colleagues. :lol:

The only one I've ever seen Lindsay have an ounce of chemistry with is Mac. I did like the joking around between Flack and Lindsay over Laughing Larry, but I thought that was more of a flash in the pan than par for the course. He seems irritated by her long-windedness, and she's talked down to him before (something Flack doesn't seem to appreciate).

And that's the only way I really see them relating. They kind of came together out of necessity in "All in the Family," but there wasn't a lot of warmth there. Same with "Snow Day." He didn't seem pleased when she literally dragged Danny away from him when he wanted to get Danny help. I think the only significant thing they have in common is that they care deeply for Danny.

I kinda get the feeling Flack and Lindsay try to like each other for Danny's sake, and it's sometimes successful and sometimes not. I've noticed him irritated by her on several occasions--"Snow Day," the flower speech. And then of course there was his apparent pleasure at Danny pissing her off.

I agree that it's definitely more blatant there. I think Flack was raised to be polite to women and he is for the most part. I can't see him being outright rude to Lindsay, unless she endangered Danny or something like that.

All of the characters are shorter than Flack--it doesn't stop him from making eye contact with them. The scene in the lab in "All in the Family" when they're running Ruben's funeral program is a good example of how Flack avoids eye contact with her.

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

After this season, I think the jury's out even on that. :lol:

3. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I forget too easily how much you dislike Lindsay and how that often colors your perception of every action she does and every interaction she has with characters. :p She's no more long-winded than any of the other characters, and Flack tends to get impatient with all the CSIs when they don't just out right say what he wants to know. Irritated is a strong word to describe Flack's reaction to Lindsay -- especially when you consider what an irritated Flack really looks like.

When did Lindsay talk down to Flack? I can't recall anything right off the top of my head at the moment, but then again it's 3 a.m. and my back is shooting all kinds of interesting spikes of pain, so I might be missing something.

Eh, difference in perspectives again. I think they were fine in "All in the Family" together. Don looked and acted tired when Lindsay went after him, and I think that played into some of their interaction. I just re-watched the episode like fifteen minutes ago, so it's pretty fresh in my mind.

"Snow Day" I haven't watched for a while, but I don't think Flack cared that Lindsay took Danny to the medics. He simply looked concerned about Danny to me.

I don't think Flack and Lindsay try to like each other; I think that they genuinely have fun when they get rolling on a particular subject. "A Daze of Wine and Roaches" is a good example where they both snicker over Danny's lack of taste in wine. Her teasing of him in "People With Money" he tries to act annoyed but he can't stop that grin from tugging at the corner of his mouth, and he definitely laughed at her block party statement in "Charge of this Post".

I agree that Flack was probably raised to be polite to women, but I think if Lindsay bugged him he'd definitely be more open about it. Besides, Flack isn't rude to Hawkes. He's just not as easy-going with him as he is with other members of the team.

Nah, he looks at Lindsay quite often. His eye contact is only really constant when he's staring down a suspect or when he's getting annoyed with one of his co-workers. He looked her straight in the eye numerous times in this scene but as is usual for Flack, his gaze flickers away a few times and then he makes contact again. He does that a lot with most of the characters.

I still find it fascinating how we view things so differently. :lol:

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's no different than your perception of Lindsay's every action and interaction often being colored by others' dislike of her. And before you deny that, remember you admitted in the WLMS thread to not caring about Lindsay one way or the other until you came to this MB and discovered people's strong dislike of her.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I thought I'd bring this question over here, as it was posted in the other spoiler thread:

I'm not sure if anyone else has heard anything about Angell? We've had spoilers for the first 4 episodes of season 5 and I don't remember seeing Angell mentioned, although I could be wrong. I guess we may have to wait and see, but I'd definitely like to think that she will be back. :)

6. jolein

jolein Pathologist

It`s great to read a those spoilers.

Nice to see that both Flack and Hawkes get some exciting stories coming up for them too.
    It`s about damm time

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:D I can't even count how many times people have said that they would like to learn more about Hawkes, or see something about Flack's family. So yes, it's really great that these stories are coming up, it is definitely about time! Although I have to admit that I always hoped for Flack Senior, but I'm still very happy, and intrigued, to see a sibling instead. :)

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I could say the same about your obvious identification with Lindsay, or your tendency to ship her with the entire young male cast colors yours. ;) Viewpoints are naturally going to be informed by opinions to some extent, which is why it always helps to have evidence to back opinions up.

I don't think irritated is too strong a word--he did look irritated when she was going on and on about that flower in What Schemes May Come?. He sometimes gets a "WTF?" look when the CSIs make long-winded explanations but he usually makes a joke out of it. I remember him being sarcastic as opposed to joking, like the way he was with Stella in "Trapped" when he made the quip about high school education.

In "Personal Foul" when they were in the apartment. I think it was when they were talking about the belladonna and the cure--Flack made a comment and her response was kind of condescending.

He didn't seem tired or worn down when he was with Danny. I'd say he was pretty fired up then. He searched Danny's apartment with gusto, as well.

He wanted to call for EMS to come see Danny. Lindsay dragged Danny off. There's a screencap somewhere; Flack's expression is not pleased.

Yeah, they were both teasing Danny--the one thing they have in common. ;)

Again, definitely different perceptions. I sensed irritation with her when he told her to drop it and used her last name in "People with Money." And in "Charge of this Post" I got the feeling he was making fun of her a bit.

I would say he's the same way with Lindsay, to a slightly lesser degree.

I noticed him looking at the program or his cell phone a lot, just like I noticed he barely looked at her in "Snow Day" when she came to the warehouse.

:lol: Indeed. We've probably strayed hopelessly off topic, but I am looking forward to the interaction between Flack and Lindsay, though probably for very different reasons than you are. ;) I actually enjoy the undercurrent of rivalry they have over Danny's time and attention, and I'd love to see that played up.

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I think I mentioned that I wanted to see a Hawkes backstory almost in every post I made in the last month :lol: I know there are people who did the same as me. Yes, it's finally nice to see that they get some love from the writers. Don't get me wrong. I like Danny, but too much drama Danny is enough, there are other characters besides him and Mac.

I am really excited about Flack's sister. Their relationship isn't exactly rainbows and butterflies, and according to the spoiler report, he asks for time to talk to his sister before letting the investigation going on. I don't know why, but I expected that the relationship with his father would be a bit more tensioned than the one with his sister, although it's interesting to find out what Flack senior, the almighty NYPD hero thinks about his daughet being a bartender and needing bail several times in the past. :)

ETA:
    I don't think that Flack is rude with Hawkes. Actually the only time I remember Flack and Hawkes interacting is in Sleight out of Hand, and it was wonderful. The sarcastic street cop with the intelligent, child prodigy ME and CSI that is Hawkes, and also "walking encyclopedia with tid bit information" (or something like that said by Mac in Summer in the City) and as Danny put it in short, a nerd :lol:

Flack with Lindsay..I don't see anything special about it. I expect it to be kind of funny, thinking about Child's Play I think it would be OK. I will wait to see haw it will be played out (although I wish that Hawkes and Flack could have a banter regarding the life sized dolls, or a banter about anything :lol: )

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I can't wait for the dolls ep lol. And I'm sure at some point we'll start making jokes about one of them being someone's date lol. It sounds like something Sid-ish...

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, poor Sheldon never gets any lovin'... ;)

I kid, I kid. :p

12. jolein

jolein Pathologist

While I like Danny,I always thought it was such a shame to see those characters get wasted.
    For some reason I imagine that Flack`s sister is a bitchy girl,don`t ask me why though:lol:
    Is there any info on the actress who is gonna play her?

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So when does the S5 spoiler lab start up?

14. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Will there be a Season 5 Spoiler Thread up anytime soon..? Or is there already one up and I am just completely oblivous to the obvious? :p

--Ally

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I assumed we'd just keep posting in this one until it was full and then label the next thread with S5. :p

Oh, and LostInEvidence, to answer the question you asked in the just-the-facts thread: I don't know about Sid. There wasn't much info for that episode about him, just that he was in danger. Maybe someone else who's read the later spoilers could say if he's mentioned in a later episode...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.