Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salean

Salean Rookie

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

What happened what happened what happened?

*cough*

I'm calm.

Urgh, they're making Ryan out to be the bad guy AGAIN? If that actually happened I'll... I'll... well, I'll just be annoyed, and probably rant about it for a while.

But anyway. I'm gonna go and see what clips I can find on youtube now.

Welcome to the thread greatfan! I see your wish for the finale is quite similar to my wish for most Miami episodes: plenty of Ryan. :p

Edit:

Oh my goodness.

Just watched the episode. And that's all I can think of to say really. Oh my goodness.

But I would just like to say that I thought it very CaRWashy to have Ryan in the interview with Calleigh when he had to leave... she seemed a little suspicious, but she let her concern for him come through for a moment. It would have been sweet, if I hadn't have suddenly realised that this was leading to a bad place.

*cries*
    Anyway. Something that struck me as I was watching the episode is that the episode was all about killing to protect your family. I know that was mainly directed at Horatio, but it sort of occurred to me... we don't know an awful lot about Ryan's family. And the issue seemed to be raised so many times in this episode that it had to be leading to something. Maybe Ryan is doing whatever it is that he's doing to protect his family? I don't know.
    Personally, if any of you watch Numb3rs, I'm hoping for a Colby Granger-style twist to this storyline. You know, he may seem to be a bad guy, or in way over his head, but in the end he turns out to be a hero, and there's a decent explanation for everything.

Something tells me I'm going to be obsessing over this all summer...

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

all i can say is last nights episode was great. I know for sure there will be carwash next season because ryan is the only one who knows H is alive and callleigh will probably freak out about H "dieing". So ryan will mostly likely tell her everything is alright and well you guys know where im heading

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  3. Salean

Salean Rookie

Ok, so I was driving to my viola lesson after having watched the finale, and I suddenly had this thought. It was one of those long-shot, irrational, over-analytical thoughts that I have sometimes but it won't go away.

It was along the lines of this 'family' thing... and I was thinking about how little we know about Ryan's family. What do we know? He has an unnamed niece, and an Uncle. Now, if I'm wrong about this Uncle's name, just tell me and I will be more than happy to drop this idea at once but, wasn't the Uncle's name Ron?

And he was the one who taught Ryan how to open combination locks?

And Julia Winston just married someone called Ron who's only after her money and who we presume was the one who shot Horatio.

I think it's a coincidence... because the information about Ryan's Uncle Ron really seemed like a throwaway line, and Miami are not notorious for their continuity. And surely someone at the lab would have realised it earlier?

I don't know. But there you go: a thought for you to dwell on, or ignore as you see fit.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*:eek:* Oh my god, oh my god, oh my freakin' god! When I said that I wanted a Ryan scene, this was not what I had in mind! I'm a little freaked out right now 'cause of what I saw on Bones. *spoiler alert* Zach, who's my favourite character, turns out to be the bad guy and you guys can obviously see that I really don't want Ryan going down that direction.

Salean... wow. You've definitely given me something to think about. But didn't Ryan mention that uncle Ron was middle aged? Besides, Ron Saris doesn't strike me as the type of person who would run and accidently lock himself on the rooftop. He'd rather face the tidal wave head on since he's so cocky and hardheaded.

For all we know, Horatio could've sent the message. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Horatio and Ryan are running a secret operation of some sort. Anyways, about the CaRWash scene, I gotta say that Ryan talking to Calleigh later on would make a great missing scene... what do you guys think?

*random thought alert* Hey, did anyone else notice that both Calleigh and Ryan wore a suit and wore purple? Talk about coordinated!

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Do you have to post theories under spoiler codes? Technically it's not a spoiler, but I'll just do it to be sure.

Karu, you read my mind. That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking. Horatio got him his job back, there is no way in HELL that Ryan has something to do with Horatio's death. But of course he ould have something to do with Horatio FAKING getting shot. Did we see blood? Who says he's not wearing kevlar? Ryan and Horatio have worked together before to bring out the mole, why not do it again? I just refuse to believe that Ryan really has something to do with Horatio's shooting. Also, Salean, I think the names are just a coincidence, I can't see TPTB going down that road. Besides the fact that he can crack a safe, Uncle Ron always was portrayed like a nice, caring uncle who Ryan loved enough to go check on him during the tidal wave to see if he was okay. Hoping for continueity usually is useless;)

Here's to making it through the holidays and hoping for more CaRWash scenes next season! *holds up virgin cosmo*

(oh, and there wasn't really anything big concerning E/C in the episode, was there?)

6. Salean

Salean Rookie

Well, there was the hand holding scene... but I think that would have been the same no matter who was in that scene with her. She had just had her lab explode on her.

Now that I've had a day to think about it, I'm thinking the names are just coincidences too. But it just shocked me for a while.

I like your theory Karu. It was sort of what I was getting at with my reference to Colby Granger from Numb3rs: everyone thought that he was working as a spy for the Chinese, but it turned out that he was actually working for the government, pretending to spy for the Chinese so that he could flush out other spies.
    But I could completely see Horatio and Ryan working together for some reason. As you said, Dutchie, they did it before with the mole incident, so there isn't any reason why they shouldn't be doing it again.

It's also a really good point about the blood and kevlar thing. I don't remember seeing any blood... although the area surrounding him was pretty wet, and I thought that might be a pool of blood. It hadn't been raining, that we had seen, so unless the floor had just been cleaned or something...

Oh, and I completely understand your freak-out Karu I watched the finale of CSI straight after watching the finale of Miami, and had a long moment of ranting at the TV, which amused my family a lot.

7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh, good to see I wasn't the only one ranting and raving at the TV.

Dutchie, Salean, you guys have great theories. Kevlar? Now that you mention it, I didn't see any blood-- then again, I have terrible eyesight... Salean, I know you said you saw blood, but it could be fake blood. Ryan works in Trace, so he would know what compunds to mix to create realistic-looking blood. That would support Dutchie's theory about Horatio and Ryan perpetrating a hoax.

See, this is where my AP biology education comes into play. Horatio was shot once in the back, right in the position where his heart is located. If the bullet hit any of the major arteries in the heart, like the superior vena cava or the aorta, every breath he took would have caused him to significantly bleed interally, which can happen in a matter of seconds. That, in combination with the carbon dioxide build-up and oxygen deprivation that occurs when blood doesn't deliver oxygen where it's needed, would lead to a rapid death.

Supposing the shot was fatal, his eyes were still alert, no glassy look-- or petichial hemmoraging as Alexx would say, and he was taking slow, deep (not laboured) breaths. If the shot was real, he would be dead almost instantaneously. So what do you guys think?

Oh, and before I forget, has anyone been having any CaRWash dreams? Lately, I've been dreaming in drabbles... the lastest being Calleigh giving Ryan clues as to where her gun tattoo is located. Weird, huh?

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  8. SelinaKy

SelinaKy Civilian

Hey guys! First of, thank you for all the warm welcomes. You rule my tiny little world right now :)

Secondly let me clear one thing: I'm not in favour of a E/C/R love triangle, but if we had to chose between that or nothing at all, I'm all for the rub-me-the-wrong-way scenes between Eric and Ryan, with Calleigh in the middle of the storm.

Ok, now that those issues are out of the way lemmy just say that I LOVED the season finale, but not for the reasons most people love an episode! No, for the most part the plot was a bit...off. I mean, the whole bullet falling down, ricocheting off the floor and almost burning down the entire lab? I've seen some pretty unbelievable things on CSI, but that has got to be the most ridiculous of them all! And then, the guy jumping of such a high window just to avoid getting killed? What, he was hoping the asphalt down bellow would somehow cushion his fall? Oh oh, and don't even get me started on the 'killer' making sure the guy-that-jumped was really dead by shooting everything that moved in ten-mile radius! And THEN sounding remorseful by 'accidentally' gunning down the new M.E.! Pu-lease!

But anyway, as I said, those were not the reasons that made me bow before this ep. One: like Dutchie said, there was no life changing moments between Eric and Calleigh, which was a huge relief. Two: the whole Ryan arch was a brilliant move! Like some of you, I too think they're pulling a «Bones» on us - Horatio can't be dead (he is Immortal after all!) so I think Ryan is working with him and the Feds to get Ron. On the other hand, if indeed Ryan is the villain here, well...he's the most gorgeous, hottest, yummiest bad guy out there, so thumbs up to whomever had that idea. :bolian: If this is the case, I can only hope for a great development next season.

Finally, they gave us unbelievable Carwash moments! The scene where they are processing the car - you can't deny the Chemistry between them; the scene in the interrogation room? Oh my gosh..."I'll talk to you later"? Dutchie, girl you HAFFTA write that fic. Please! The hand touching her shoulder...way WAY better than the hand-holding moment The look Calleigh gave Ryan as he walked off? *purrs* And then, that last scene were Ryan is walking down in front of the HQ? :drool: Ok, that wasn't really a Carwash scene, but I had to mention it.

Alright! Someone offered me a virgin cosmo when I arrived, so where's the booze? After the last ep, I really need a drink. Make it long.

Sel

9. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*breaks out booze* Here, help yourself... wait a minute, you are drinking age, right?

He touched her shoulder?! How did I miss that? *smirks* Methinks he's reciprocating the gesture... remember Calleigh rubbing his shoulder in the cemetary? Definitely CaRWash continuation! TPTB should keep that in mind.

Ryan as the villain? It's a little too Revenge of the Sith for me... though he would make a sexy villain. But if he was the villain, Calleigh would have to take him down and, since Calleigh is committed to bringing down the baddies and doesn't intend on getting personally involved with the villain, there'll be no more CaRWash! Come to think of it, if that does happen, there are plenty of possibilities for a showdown between them... ugh, I can't seem to make up my mind!

Oh, and finally! It's about time TPTB gave Ryan a story arc... it's not what I would choose for him in the first place, but now that I think about it, it's brilliant! What do you guys think will happen next with Ryan and Calleigh?

10. HeArTz_DeSiRe

HeArTz_DeSiRe Victim

As shocked as I was with the final scene, it really does open up possibilities for a great major-Ryan arc for next season.. meaning Calleigh's all in there too! YAYNESS!

Letsee.. possiblities for next season, er.. my hopes for possiblities anyway....

1. Comforting scenes, especially towards the beginning of the season. Ryan obviously knows something about what happened and Calleigh, having known H for so long is GOING to be devastated and needs Ryan's shoulder to cry on! (hence my fic.. I love those comforting scenes!)

2. Possibly some Eric / Ryan conflict. Again, since Ryan has some knowledge about H, there could be hasty feelings from Eric directed towards Ryan. Hopefully some Calleigh standing up for him?...

3. OR... Calleigh becomes furious with Ryan but later finds out the truth behind whatever it is and sees Ryan in a new light... in a REALLY GOOD ROMANTIC OOGLY GOOGLY way! (okay, maybe that's a LITTLE ambitious, but whatever! ^^)

Any other ideas? LOVE to hear them!

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  11. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Ooh, those are all great possibilities. Hmm, let's see...

1. Confrontation scenes, you know, the ones that ooze sexual tension and build up to something explosive-- gotta have some of that :devil:!

2. Calleigh worrying about what Ryan is doing and showing concern about it, preferably asking what's going on and telling him to be careful before letting him off the hook :D.

and finally,

3. Continuation of "talk to you later", 'cause obviously, we wanna know what happened afterwards ;)!

So there you have it, the three C's for great CaRWash! Any other ideas?

12. Saya_Ray

Saya_Ray Police Officer

I was really suprised by the end of this Season...I don´t think Ryan will turn bad, but It could be very interesting to see, Ryan as bad guy, I like the idea and Calleigh by his side :devil:

They all great ideas of possibilities for next Season, I just hope for A LOT of CaRWash interaction, becouse in the 6 Season we just had episode 2 "Cyber-lebrity" and episode 15 "Ambush" were they have some good scenes together in my opinion.

Here I made a CaRWash manipulation pic of the film "pride and prejudice" I love this movie :) I hope you guys like it ;)

[​IMG]

13. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

I don't think it's been answered here, but let's clear the air.

Horatio was indeed actually shot. Even if he wore kevlar, he could have been shot with those alloy bullets (which leads to Ron shooting him) and those bullets can penetrate kevlar. Also, in the final scene as they are doing an overhead shot of Horatio on the ground, you do see blood in the area near his abdomen.

I don't think that Ryan was involved though. If anything, he could have been threatened by one of his old "gambling contacts" and the threat could have involved Horatio in someway. I just can't really see him as a bad boy. Even though that would be kinda sexy.

I did love those CaRWash scenes though. WHEW! Ryan and Calleigh investigating the car (hehe get it?) and the flirtiness between the two. Even though what they were saying was professional, it was the air of how they were saying it.

BUT HOW COULD RYAN LEAVE AN INTERROGATION WHEN HE'S INTERROGATING WITH CALLEIGH? Almost all of our favorite scenes of the two are when they are interrogating a suspect together, but before we could get too involved he just up and leaves a confused Calleigh and a pissed off Heather. Leave an interrogation when you're with Eric, dude. (Sorry for the caps)

I do wish that the scene between Eric and Calleigh was a scene between Ryan and Calleigh, they always comfort each other when something happens to the other one. *sigh*

14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh wow... I guess Horatio's not invincible after all. That I can deal with, but if TPTB make Ryan the villain, I'm seriously thinking of emailing the writers and doing something for this thread. I don't know what, but give it some time... I'll come up with something.

CaRWash processing a car? That gives a whole new level to the ship name... why didn't I notice that? Anyways, I don't know why Ryan would leave Calleigh to do the interrogation alone either. Oh well, he could always make up for it, starting with that much anticipated talk with Calleigh!

Happilyhappy, you bring up a good point about the "it's done" message. Ryan doesn't have a legitimate reason for shooting Horatio and according to the Ryan/Jon thread, Togo's planning on sticking it out to the end. People are already exploring that possibility... in fact, on fanfiction.net, there's a fic called It's Done? by xxCalleighxEricxx that explores who sent the message. Feel free to check it out.

*sighs* I wish... who knows, that could have happened. Missing scene, anyone?

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  15. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

Ok theres an article about DC that proves horatio is still alive, which we all know that. Plus there is also a chance they will be having a fake funeral for horatio and with ryan only knowing about it ,it would the the ultimate CarWash scene ever lol

Theres a csi marathon on A&E i'm watchin going under now, i love this episode

Last edited: May 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.