Is Danny a Slut?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 20, 2008.

?

Is Danny a slut?

1. Hell yes--the biggest one on either side of the Mississippi!

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. No way--he's just a sweet boy in the big, bad city.

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Sort of, but he means well.

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Has he given it up for Flack yet?

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Very interesting! & just maybe Anna will do a better job of "manipulative b*@#* Lindsay" than "sweet & understanding Lindsay". I think that storyline would completely rock! & just think what a fun time we would have at this board.;)

2. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

Probably because it is his fault. Just because he's flawed and pretty doesn't mean that he's blameless in all that has been happening around him. He's a screwup and being a screwup means that inevitably others around him are going to get hurt because of what he does to himself and how he responds to what is happening around him.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, yeah. Danny messed up in "On the Job" by going to IAB after Mac expressly told him not to. And he did play a part in Ruben's death because he didn't watch the boy like he said he would. I don't think anyone has said he's blameless. I wouldn't hold him accountable, though, for things like Lindsay being butthurt that he didn't come to her with his pain.

I think Danny uses sex to alleviate/fix things, and that's never a healthy way to use sex.

4. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Ruben yes, I agree with Top on this, that child was in his care and he failed to protect the child in that situation. I'm not saying he shouldn't be a mess or feel guilty. I pretty much agree that Danny is a screw up, there is a long list of Messer screw up's through every season.

Lindsey? Sorry but I fail to see what he has done to her and what he has screwed up? He screwed her, then 8/10 episodes later screwed someone else. That's it. I don't understand their supposed relationship (and I won't try too ;)) and don't quite understand what it is that he has done. The only thing I can think of is that she has realised that he wasn't in love with her, and while yes that would hurt, and she may find it difficult to work around him, it shouldn't involve treating him like she has been.

My point was that he now knows what he has to do to make Lindsey happy, and in turn himself less giulty for it. Sleep with her. I guess he is getting sluttier by the minute...

Well he is flawed because he's a screw up, if you find CG/Danny pretty that's your choice. Un/fortunately he does nothing for me (sorry peeps no offence). I like Danny because he isn't the hero, he isn't a know it all, I guess most of the time he is the under dog and being British [we] always seem to root for them. :)

5. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

Aren't I pathetic sometimes.......

1. I think this tread's title is a bit strong.

2. I voted "no", but honestly, I wasn't much for any of the options.

3. I do not see how he can be cheating. If you are not married, or "going steady", you cannot be labeled as cheating.

4. I do not see, to any degree, how Danny can be responsible for Ruben's death. The suspect had already fled the scene, so having Ruben head for home ( so Danny can secure the scene ) was for his protection. The chaotic element, resting squarely on the shoulders of the female inside the store.

5. I think the "D/L" arc, took a bit of a wrong turn. People mourn/act in different ways, when tragedy occurs. If they don't want to talk, they don't want to talk. Drop it, and move on. Never push it. I could go on about the miscommunication in the D/L relationship, but I think there is another thread for that.....

6. I was a bit surprised, when Danny and Rikki walked out of the bedroom, but not overly. There were some intense scenes between the two characters, but you knew something was going to happen ( which no one would be expecting ).

Danny Messer is quite the complex character, and most of the reason "why" is still hidden within the character's backstory. He dreads having people disappointed in him, and his wanting to make amends is more attuned to a "runaway freight train". This personal trait takes a "warped" turn, when it comes to relationships with women. Seeing that both women are disappointed with him, he does ( what he can ) to please them. In the end, however, I believe both women "see through" his actions. Rikki tells him she is leaving, and Lindsey leaves him hanging on the phone......and so, the cycle repeats itself. It is a good thing Det. Flack is around to keep him straightened out, or Danny would have fallen to pieces by now.

All in all, I believe Danny's character is superbly played. There is no doubt, at least by those of us here, he is a complex character. This is shown through his mental capacity, and his actions. As such an angel, with broken wings, it is hard not to love this "underdog".

Just my two copper jackets.....

6. VelvetRose

VelvetRose Dead on Arrival

I think he probably is a slut, but he doesn't mean to be.
    He's one of those people that needs to have someone, but doesn't know how to rely on them - hence dealing with things in his own (often totally wrong) way and screwing things up.

But don't worry, just as soon as he realises he's in love with Don, it'll all change ;)

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I voted yes, but that was just after I saw the scenes in Personal Foul. Somehow, they just rubbed me the wrong way.

Now, I'd say "Sort of, But he means well."

Danny does use sex, and his sexuality to make/keep people happy. He can't stand people being upset with him, so he uses it to appease people. He did that with Lindsay to a degree in Snow Day, He certainly did that with Rikki in RND.

He is a very complex character and has a lot of faults and flaws. I don't see him as a "Slut" in the sense that he'll give it up for anyone who wants it. I do, however, see him as using sex almost as a bargaining tool. Okay, you're not happy with me or in general, well, let's jump into bed and see If I can make it better. Boom.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That's exactly how I see it!