Whats your favourite CSI Esipode?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by CSI_Tipping, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

CSI - Grave Danger! Because of that episode I became a CSI fan. ;) I saw it a few times now, and I was still on the edge of my seat every time :p

CSI: Miami - Nailed. Jonathan Togo was great in that one! I also love Deviant, loved the ending ;)

CSI: NY - Snow Day. That whole episode was just great!

2. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

You Kill Me. Absolutely side splitting, especially "No signs of sexual trauma" :p The cast were in excellent form. It was nice to see them all doing a spot of comedy. Must applaud Wallace's performance particularly.

3. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

My favourite episodes are:

CSI: If These Walls Could Talk (Blood Drops)
    CSI Miami: Body Count and Wannabe
    CSI New York: Snow Day

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Blink. ;)

For me, I like a lot of the more dark episodes, for some reason. Fannysmackin', Lost Son (I really don't know why, but I like it), Gumdrops, Run Silent Run Deep, All Access, Charge of this Post... the list goes on.

I also like some of the other episodes too. I loved Living Legend for the all-out craziness of what Happy goes through. Til Death Do Us Part, Grand Prix...

But I think my two favorite episodes of Miami are Witness to Murder and Wannabe.

5. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

I am a big CSI LV fan and there are so many great ones. I really enjoyed Grave Danger pt1 and pt2. Great acting all around especially George Eads. I also loved Ending Happy, the raport with Sara and Grissom was great, it showed a little more depth into their relationship. Jackpot which was Grissom at his best. Invisible Evidence, having to go back and find new evidence and thinking outside the box to get it. Just too many to choose from. :D

6. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

I can't really narrow it down to one for each episode. I hope I can put a couple down.

CSI Miami/CSI NY - These are tied but I loved Felony Flight and Manhatten Manhunt. I just absolutely loved the Darius episodes. I'm a sucker for cross-over episode. I also got my two ships out of it - Mac/Calleigh and Stella/Horatio. I've watched these episodes a couple of times.

CSI NY - Snow Day - Brilliant from start to end. I just loved Mac taking charge. I've watched that one a couple of times. Another one would be Hung Out To Dry. I love the scene where Mac is decoding the puzzle that Shane left behind for them. Down the Rabbit Hole because it was so different with the video game feel to it.

CSI - Grave Danger - Just a brilliant episode from beginning to end. Jackpot like others have said. I loved Grissom working the case by himself. I've watched that one a couple of times. A Little Murder - My first episode for Catherine and Warrick. That hug at the end just tugs at my heart every time. Down the Drain - Again Catherine and Warrick moments throughout the episode. Any of the Keppler episodes from Season 7. I was a huge fan of Mike Keppler. I liked how he fit with the team. I wished he'd stayed around longer. Fannysmackin as well. It broke my heart what happened to Greg but I loved Nick's concern in it.

CSI Miami - Witness to Murder because of Horatio's relationship with the witness. I loved how he treated the guy. Dead Woman Walking - Horatio and Belle's friendship. Cross Jurisdictions - the pilot was just fun to watch and like I said before I'm a sucker for cross overs. Going Under - Horatio and Calleigh's scene when he finds her right at the start always melts my DuCaine heart. I enjoyed the Marisol episodes in Season 4.

7. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

CSI:NY 2x21 All Acces, 3x24 Snow Day and 4x03 You only die once.
    I rarely watch LV and MI so I do not have any favourite episodes.

8. hezhoratio

hezhoratio Civilian

Since I have only watched CSI: Miami, because of David Caruso, I would have to say that it would be a toss up between "Under Suspicion" (S4, Episode 6), "Rio" (S5, Episode 1) and "Ambush" (Season 6).

"Under Suspicion" was excellent because the team had a hard time dealing with Horatio as a suspect, but they handle it with such poise and professionalism.

"Rio" was beautiful because of the location in Brazil and how H and Eric went after Riaz on their own time. It just shows what lengths people will go to protect those they love.

"Ambush" because it was a followup to what happened in "Rio."

I could name a few bit more, like all of the season finales, but it would take up too much room!

As far as CSI LV...the ones I remember watching were the one where the decapitated head was rolling along highway, another where one of the CSIs was inventing his own CSI game. And, of course, the one where they paired up with CSI Miami.

And CSI: NY...of course, the ones where they pair up with CSI: Miami.

The CSIs shows need to pair up more often. It's fun to watch their different styles collide.

But, I will be watching as many CSI LV episodes over the summer, because I've heard excellent things about it. Then I can post which ones are my faves! :)

9. babylon5girl

babylon5girl Hit and Run

Gumdrops by far and second would be dead doll

10. hammers_fan

hammers_fan Dead on Arrival

CSI LV do comedy episodes and also courtroom episodes really well I think. But for me, it's the 2 parters that work the best. A compelling storyline needs to be given extra screentime. Wasn't it said on the commentry to Grave Danger that it was originally intended to be a normal single episode but they decided there was too much to fit into 42 mins? I'm sure I heard it in the commentry, either that - or it was in one of the other season 5 extras on the DVD.

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

There's only the original for me - and the all-time favorite is (and probably always will be) Lady Heather's Box. The return of Lady H, Lindsey, and Eddie; Cath/Sara angst; Amy Pietz; Pauley Perrette; and Marg at her absolute best - with both tough (rescuing Lindsey), and tender (in her bedroom at the end).

12. Polkadot5990

Polkadot5990 Victim

i really loved how they put together rashomama; 'collecting' everyones point of view.
    second, i loved 'you kill me', because it was pretty much all about hodges and the other 'labrats', who are usually kept in the background, which is such a shame...

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I have a ton of favorite episodes. They tend to be where we learn some things about the characters or they get their own chance to shine and prove how clever they are. Well written, well acted stories are also great, too.

I've heard a lot of votes for the "Lab Rats" episode from Season 7. That's a great episode. I still have yet to watch that one with the commentary on. The way we got to see the individual Lab Techs shine and do what they do was really nice. It was also quite funny, IMO. "You Kill Me" was good too.

Some of my other favorites are:

"The Finger" from Season 2. I really like the way Catherine shined in that one. She really got to prove how clever she was with leaving the clues for her fellow CSI's.

"Snakes" from Season 5 was similar. Nick was just awesome in that one. The way he got into the Narcocorrido scene was great.

"No Humans Involved" also from Season 5 was really good, because we got the double barreled action of Greg dealing with the trauma of seeing a poor defenseless child thrown out with the trash, and we also got to get some of Sara's backstory as well, that she was in Foster Care for awhile.

"ChChChanges" from season 5 was awesome because it dealt with a really unusual topic in an incredibly sensitive way. You ended up feeling for these people who were transgendered.

Obviously "Grave Danger" was awesome. I wish they'd show that more on SpikeTV. The way the rest of the team dealt with Nick's plight was incredible. It showed them as real people.

All Four of the Lady Heather episodes, "Slaves of Las Vegas" from Season 2, "Lady Heather's Box," from 3, "Pirates of the Third Reich" from 6 and "The Good, the Bad and the Dominatrix" from 7 were really good.

I liked the first three because they were very revealing about Grissom. "Slaves" for the way it allowed us to get inside his head a bit. I loved the exploration of the mutual attraction between him and Lady H. Then "Box" where he did tap that....that was cool, especially the way she picked up on his attraction, and also the fact that he was losing his hearing. I also loved the Catherine drama in the episode. "Pirates" was good, because it gave us a lot of backstory on Lady H. We sort of got her side.

The "TGtBatD" I didn't like as much, because it seemed as though Lady H had lost everything, or was willing to give up everything. If they could have made Lady H a recurring character somewhere between Seasons 6 and 7, I'd have loved that. Would have been a cool foible for GSR, and would have added an interesting layer of tension to that relationship.

I don't really watch CSI: Miami. I tried to get into it, but just couldn't.

I do enjoy New York quite a bit. My favorites are the earlier episodes from Season 1.

Episodes like "Grand Master" which are so quintissentially New York are really good. The idea of a murder at a DJ competition is very intriguing. Then, the second story, the lady drowned in her own pool was interesting. A solid A and B story.

I also liked "Blood Sweat and Tears," for the dynamic amongst the cast, especially Flack and Danny. That was nice. I think the writers on NY do friendships so well, that it just crackles off the screen.

"The Fall" is also good for the backstory on Flack.

My apologies for writing a novel, The good episodes are like Jays potato chips, no one can pick just one.....

I'm also intrigued What are your LEAST favorite episodes and why?

14. WoundedHero

WoundedHero Civilian

I have never really gotten into Miami and NY, I guess I really just go for the originals.

Hmmm...This is a toughie...I love anything and everything that has Greg in it.

So from that perspective, it's probably a tie right now for "Seller Beware":

Grissom: Greg!
    Greg: Yeah.
    Grissom: Take off your shoes and socks.
    Greg: See, now we're getting into this whole strip forensics thing and I'm not too sure I can hang with that - even if you are my boss.
    Grissom: Your mother's maiden name was Hojem? Hojem is Norwegian, right?
    Greg: That's right and you know my grandfather was tossed from Norway for getting my grandmother pregnant before they got married. To this day he still tells me "Som man reder sa ligger man".
    [long pause]
    Greg: One must lie in the bed one has made.

And "Big Middle":

Sara: So relax and lie down on your back.
    Greg: You know, this is exactly like a dream I had once, except it wasn't in a garage and Grissom wasn't watching.
    [beat]
    Greg: That was a different dream.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  15. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I would have to say the ones that stand out the most to me are

LV
    Fannysmackin - l hated to see Greg hurt - but I loved his character development in this one.

Miami
    Under the Influence and Legal - These were my 2 favorite episodes! The introduction of Ryan and Ryan with a baby! What else does a fan girl need! :lol:

I love NY - but nothing is standing out right now.