Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There's very little chance of me ever liking Stetler at all. Before he was just an annoyance, but when it was revealed that he'd been hitting Yelina, it was over. There is nothing they could do to ever make me like the guy. He should have gone to jail for hitting Yelina as far as I'm concerned.

:lol: This is a water cooler moment if ever there was one, isn't it?

I do think it's possible that Horatio texted Ryan with "it's done". More than likely though it was someone else who was involved with the scheme to fake H's death. Possibly that ATF agent. Maybe they were letting Ryan know that the stage had been set and now it was time to go into the next phase of the plan (ie: catching Ron and locking him up for the rest of his life).

3. Polkadot5990

Polkadot5990 Victim

hey guys!
    here's my theory on all this is: knowing Horatio, who always seems to know everything before the rest of the world does, already had a masterplan set up and ryan helps him (it happened before, maybe Horatio knows he can trust him?). I'm almost sure Horatio also planned to get shot, because he kinda looked around just before the shot came (in my opinion) as though he was waiting for something to happen (the shot. Plus, i totally agree with everyone saying he texted Ryan to say the plan (against Ron ofcourse) is set in motion... And I'm sure Horatio will succeed too :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

About the text message, there's also a chance that there was just some tricky editing going on. Maybe we saw Ryan look at his phone, but the text message we say that said "it's done" was not the one Ryan actually received. Maybe the text message was one sent to Ron or someone else and they just made it look like it was sent to Ryan.

5. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

I think that would be highly unlikely in this situation, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea either! I mean, it really wouldn't be the first time they freaked us out with "tricky editing", would it? ;)

--Ally

6. GregNickRyanFan

I know it's unlikely, but I just thought I'd throw another theory in the mix. :lol: And you're right, it wouldn't be the first time they tricked us. Remember when they were advertising Alexx's last episode? They showed the whole team including Valera (who wasn't even in the episode) and then showed Horatio saying "you're a liar and a rat" to someone. I knew from the get-go that it was probably a suspect he was saying that to. Then the whole "one agent will leave forever" was so misleading. Alexx wasn't an agent, she was the M.E.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Geez, don't even get me started on promo manipulation:rolleyes:

Something, or rather another thing confusing, is Horatio sent his text message, then we see him shot, then Ryan gets a text message.
    If Horatio was texting Ryan that "it's done"..wouldn't he have done that AFTER he took the "fake" shot????:confused:

8. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

now you scaring me
    i don't want ryan to leave :(

was it ever mentioned that Togo wants to leave the show?

9. GregNickRyanFan

It's possible that they were showing things out of sequence to further throw us off. I still think someone else is helping H and Ryan. Maybe Tripp. Maybe Tripp sent Ryan the text.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't really say that meant Ryan did it.
    Maybe Horatio texted Ron to meet him there so that he could see him "dead", then the other person in on the "staging" was the one who gave Ryan the text "it's done".

11. LostInEvidence

Promo manipulation is what drives us crazy. I'm absolutely 100% certain that "You're a liar and a rat" was taped just to throw us off. They do that all the time just to make us freak out for an entire week.

It's Miami. We, as fans, now how great they are at manipulating and making things seem like one thing, but then it ends up being something totally different. It could be very possible that they were showing the scenes out of sequence in those last couple of minutes of the show. And perhaps "It's done" was a code for something else that he and Ryan discussed earlier.

From what I understand, Jonathan Togo has no intention of leaving. He wants to stick around until the end.

--Ally

12. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Ally. That's very encouraging that he wants to stick around.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't know if this theory has been thrown into the mix but what if Horatio is staging not his DEATH, but staging his shooting to where the team can frame Ron for attempted murder & put him away for good??

Horatio could have set up Ron to be placed at the "crime scene" (H texting someone), there's the guy in the plane, maybe placed as a false witness; it would put Ron at the crime scene with motive, they could possibly trace the bullets Horatio grabbed back to Ron w/ some fake fingerprints, placing blood & all the necessary evidence in the right places to frame him. They're CSI's..they could easily do this. Its dirty & a bit wrong in some eyes, but this
    guys a murderer & they have not a shred of evidence to put him away, so would Horatio & the team resort to this to keep H & Kyle safe? Probably.

14. GregNickRyanFan

That's a good theory and it would go with Horatio's comment about there being more than one kind of justice.

15. LostInEvidence

It's a very good theory and it could, later on, set up a very good storyline.

"The lab goes under the microscope for being accused of planting evidence." I'd watch! :p

--Ally