Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

i won't throw any thing at you, but i just think the episode was fantastic, especially since i think the 1st few episodes this season were really kind of bland, and then with the writers strike. maybe i just love it more simply because it was a new episode ha. who knows. but i think either way, its going to make for a very interesting story telling for next season.

2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

I would agree that this episode was shockless, I was still enjoying it. I think that with the writer's strike and with the season being six episodes shorter, that they had to skip what they wanted to do and condense the story lines. Which sucks, but with what they have to work with, I think it was still enjoyable.

I do agree that the ending could have been better. I think the episode turned "erm" right around the time Dean killed the Demon Cop.

3. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I just finished watching the episode.

Jibbity jiblets I haven't cried that much since Mufasa died. There so many parts I would like to point out but so many part, so little time. I just hope Sam freaking unlocks his powers.

*cries* Whens the next episode going to come? Like, on schedule or will they run re-runs because that was the finale?

4. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

That was this season's finale. Season 4 *WOW* season premiere is scheduled for September... 11th I think.. Very early September, thank goodness.

5. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

amen! he needs to use them. i want to see evil sam again. jared padalecki was fricken awesome when he played evil, i want more of that.
    september is still too long for me. i'm going to need a supernatural fix sometime in the next 4 months ha.
    i think its time for a marathon...*goes off to watch dvd's*

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't watch all of the episode cause I was watching CSI, but I did tape it. However, after my bro told me how it ended I was like "No, I don't want to see that scene!" I do not want to see Dean being tortured. I hate that. I somehow get the feeling that either this is all a "mind-screw" Lillith is doing to him or there's more than one hell dimension (like on BTVS) and this is just one of them. And is John still in hell from making that deal with yellow-eyes or was he supposed to have "ascended" to heaven when the hellgate was opened?

I swear I thought this episode was going to end with Bobby offering his soul to save Dean. I think that would have been a better way to end it than to actually have Dean go there. Or maybe that Dean would get out of it because he had done something good for someone else like in "Bedazzled".

I did see the Bon Jovi thing. That was so great.

7. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I am still watching season 1 of Supernatural (its not as good as Buffy or Charmed when it first started BUT Jensen Ackles is defiantly the reason why I watch the show. He is damn HOT !!!). I have read some weird rumours that Jensen & Jared are dating is this true? If they were, thats cool (its even hotter actually).

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Actually, Jared has recently proposed to his girlfriend and they live together in Vancouver. So I don't believe Jensen and Jared are dating. ;)

^^ When John escaped Hell, he kind of went *poof* in a ball of light so I'm assuming he's in 'heaven'. (which for some reason this show likes to steer clear of. As Sammy Winchester says: If there's evil, how come there isn't good?)

9. GregNickRyanFan

Jared's girlfriend is the actress that played the deal making demon that Sam shot/killed (this season). Jensen was rumored to have been dating an actress who was on several eps of the show (but that was a while ago). I think her character's name was Jo. However, that was just a rumor. I don't think it was ever confirmed (at least not to my knowledge). I'm not 100% positive, but as far as I can remember, Jo wasn't on any of the first season episodes... only second season. I don't think she's been on any of the third season eps though. But no, the guys are most definitely NOT dating each other.

I have to say that I think Supernatural's start was better than Charmed's start. I agree about BTVS though. I'm not sure anything could top that one anyway... even if it does have Jensen :drool: Ackles in it. :)

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ The actress that plays Jo is married, I believe. So that would bust any dating bubbles for the two Js. :lol:

In my opinion, Supernatural is by far better than Charmed and Buffy. I've seen both shows quite a bit and though they do have similar genres, some humour and good storylines, Supernatural seems more...real to me, if that makes sense. It's more relevant to nowadays especially the parallel between good and evil/war/peace. (well obviously because it's the only show still running out of the three) I also think Jared and Jensen have a great working chemistry that makes the show that much better. And believe me, I'm one of those people who hated the show at first. :lol: I was thinking "Eh, it'll last a year", heh.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Ah, well. I only read something somewhere where someone else was asking if her and Jensen were still dating. :lol: I guess that person thought they were dating.

Well, that's true. Buffy was more fantasy and Supernatural is more realistic I guess. It's a bit darker too. I think it's even darker than Angel was (which was darker than BTVS was).

I have to say that the funniest episode that I can think of, for me was the one where Sam (I typed Dean instead of Sam at first cause I get confused since Jared's GG character was named Dean :lol: ) was having repeato day. And Dean kept dying. Some of the ways they had him die were hysterical. Slipping in the shower, attacked by a friendly looking golden retriever, etc. And poor Sam was so frustrated. It was definitely better than Buffy's repeato day episode (mostly because the 3 geeks thing was annoying).

They do have great chemistry. I miss John though. And have you ever noticed how Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jensen Ackles actually look like they could be related? Their eyes are very similar. I read something in tv guide once where they were talking about how so many tv siblings don't look like they could be related. Someone asked about Sam and Dean and the person said maybe they looked like they could be half-siblings, but not full. I was like "huh?" Siblings don't always look alike. Take Julia and Eric Roberts for example. They look absolutely nothing like siblings. I mean, you look at all the Arquettes and you can see the family resemblance, but Julia and Eric... I just don't see it. So, I don't really understand how someone can make that comment about Sam and Dean. It just doesn't make sense to me. Sometimes there's a family resemblance and sometimes there isn't. It's as simple as that as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Jensen dated the actress from the episode with the scarecrow for a few months, and I think she had only nice things to say about him, even though it didn't work out. And judging by the commentary the guys did for the first season DVD set, there was a quick innuendo about Jensen and guest actresses that I'm betting most people missed, but which I caught and had a chuckle over. :lol:

About the "family resemblence" thing- I always sort of figured they solved that with the fair mother/ dark father thing. The actress who played Dean's mother, (although too young to be his mother at his current age) kind of had some similarities- they both definitely have big, lighter coloured eyes than John and Sam, whose colourings match. And as you mentioned, John and Dean have a bit of a resemblence too; I think it's in the sort of sparkliness of their eyes.

13. GregNickRyanFan

That's it exactly! Not to mention both are quite easy on the eyes. :) I tend to think that Jensen has hazel eyes that go from green to blue. Sometimes his eyes look bluer and sometimes they look more green. I have hazel eyes that are most of the time green, but sometimes go a very light brown. :lol: Unfortunately they don't change to blue. :D

14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I am still watching season 1. My heart almost stopped when Dean was electrocuted.I knew he could not die. he is too gorgeous to die. LOL!!

Does jensen normally date costars on the show? he is dating anyone currently?

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

From the sounds of it, "date" might be stretching it a bit for the most part! Heh heh. But he's definitely dated at least that one girl from the scarecrow ep. I don't know his current status though. There are probably some fansites out there with some info though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.