Grade 'Hostage'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 21, 2008.

?

How would you grade Hostage?

1. A+

17 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. A

20 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. B+

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Fourth season finale tonight! :D Let us know what you thought!

2. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

WTF??? I'm confused :confused::confused::confused:

I can't grade it until I know just WTF happened. I mean, that military guy WAS a robber right? And the phone DID have blood on it.

I'm either gonna give it an A- or an F.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As usual, I'm typing these comments while I watch and then submitting when the episode goes off.

~ IT OOOOOON! Yay finale. :p

~ This would be a cooler beginning if I didn't know it was going to happen like this. :lol:

~ Mmm, Flack. :devil:

~ SOLVE A CRIME WITH CALLEIGH--I mean Mac. ;)

~ Dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuun! And the mystery begins. :p

~ Hmm, Stella didn't know what was going on. Flack doesn't sound pleased either. Oh Mac, you so stupid, baby. *pet pet*

~ Interesting music choice.

~ I'm watching and chatting and not having much to actually comment on. :lol:

~ "Step into my lair"--SID FTW! :lol: I *heart* Sid!

~ Mmm, Sheldon. ^_^

~ Ok, that's a snazzy gizmo.

~ MAC IS A BADASS MARINE, NOTHING PHASES HIM! Not even digging into a body with a box cutter. >.<

~ ADAM!!! :D :D :D :D :D I missed yooooou!

~ Adam said 'son of a bitch.' It made my panties tingle. :eek:

~ MAJOR MITCHELL! :p (ID4 is love ;))

~ "Don't tease me."--hawt. :devil:

~ Brett/Stella is foxy. I'd watch. :devil:

~ Aww, Danny calling Mac 'boss'--picking up habits from Adam, Danny? ;)

~ RECKON CISCO IS A SPONSOR? :p

~ Mmm, Stella with guns. Mama likey. ;)

~ Haha at Flack and the HRT guy exchanging glances. I want that guy back so they can be reluctant buddies. :lol:

~ Ooh, another body. SUSPENSE!

~ Adam and Sheldon, yay! GIMME ICONS NOW PLZ!

~ Also, HAHA at Adam just being rightthere behind Sheldon's shoulder. Dude, personal space. :p

~ Ooooooh, Flack's pissy. :devil:

~ SWEET! *excited* Oh Mac, you kick ass, baby. *tinglepants* :devil: Gotta love those mad Marine skillz.

~ Good actor playing the baddie.

~ Mmm, kevlar. Be still my tinglepants.

~ YOU LIED TO MY MAC! :mad: MAC IS PISSED OFF NAO!

~ Dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuuun!

Overall: pretty good, but I'll wait to judge the entire storyline until the second half airs in the fall (since they asked so many questions and didn't give enough answers). Even though the finales are always Mac-centric, there was a bit too little of some of the cast. I'm sure the premiere will have more of them involved, but that's the nature of a two-parter, I guess. Everybody did a good job, the guest stars were good, and Gary Sinise is a total DILF, just sayin'. ;)

ETA: Oh, and I'm glad they didn't stop the action for anything schmoopy between Danny and Lindsay. Seeing the final episode, it wouldn't have fit.

4. AnastaziaMarie

AnastaziaMarie Hit and Run

Well I think that the episode was amazing. I can not wait to see what the cliff hanger is.

I love the 3D scene with Sheldon & Sid in it. Love the new technology. :D I hated the guy who was being pushy and stubborn for Mac to hurry with the body. I thought that Flack wanted to punch the guy.

Overall this is one of the best CSI NY Episodes I have seen. I look forward to seeing next season.

5. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Here's my live review, since I can't even manage a paragraph at the moment.:eek:

First off I would like to say that I'm nervous as all hell that Mac's gonna get shot. With everything that happened to Horatio and Warrick, there's a lot to suggest that Mac might very well fall into the same cliche cliffhanger stuff TV writers like to do.

It's interesting that they started in what looks like the middle of the crime. I don't think they've done it before, but I could be wrong. High tension for sure. Especially with him having all these hostages. Christ, it's a zoo! But then again it is NYC.

Have I mentioned I love Don in a vest? He looks fantastic!

A life for a life. This cannot be good.

As the first set of commercials run I'd just like to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing Adam Baldwin in this episode. I might get a good laugh out of him playing the corpse, though. Just sayin'.

You got that right, Stella. Cop for insurance. She looks so upset; great acting on her part, but then again this is Melina we're talking about.

The whole cuffing Mac to the bag thing is a little ridiculous, not to mention it could contaminate the crime scene. Also, it makes having Mac process the scene all the harder 'cause he's dragging his leg around.

Oh shit!!! Someone's gonna get shot, and ten bucks says it's the idiot reporter. Great, see what happens when the press gets involved? Perp gets blasted by his boss on the phone.

Awww, AJ's girlfriend is a hostage!!! Poor thing!! Also, it's a good thing Adam's not the victim. That would be a waste of a great actor.

What's with grandpa leading SWAT? Shouldn't he be on pension or something? Also, I don't like his attitude one bit. Don should backhand him like he did to the guy a few episodes ago.

Okay, so this perp is seriously unhinged, but we already knew that. Flack better not start playing games with this dude or someone's boss is gonna end up dead.

Hello seriously unrealistic. A CT scanner? Really? REALLY?

Thankfully Mac's at least got the guy to let him uncuff himself, I know I wouldn't work nearly as well if I were cuffed to a freakin' bag. And I like him being sneaky with the bank employee. Smart man, getting all the possible angles.

Dude, Sid's 'lair' is freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!

The guy got shot twice in EXACTLY the same place? Even Hawkes is confused. No stipling or powder burns? What the heck? I'm as confused as the rest of 'em.

I love how Don goes to Stella when SWAT starts leaning on him. Poor thing is stressin' out. Danny where are you when he needs you?

Oh gross!!! This dude, even if he didn't kill the dude in the vault, needs to be put away. Doing an autopsy with a BOX CUTTER? Terrible!!

Awww, it's like elementary school. Everyone working together on a project. That is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

I do however love Sid walking Mac through the autopsy. Reminds me of that one insurance commercial where the guys is being walked through his own open heart surgery.

That void in the blood is really strange. I don't think it's money though. A little too obvious if you know what I mean.

AND HELLO, ADAM MADE IT INTO THE FINALE!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! OH AND ADAM CUSSING IS EVEN BETTER!!! :p

I gotta say, I never looked at Sinise as hot or anything, but seeing him when he's not all buttoned up and polished is pretty hot.

WHO IS THIS GUY TALKING TO? Mac, use your mad Kung Fu skills or something!! You're a Marine for god's sake!!

WHOO ADAM!!! Hello gorgeous!!! And he's on Stella's side!!!
    And hello sexual tension!! "Don't tease me..." Oh Stella, you're a sucker for the big guns, aren't you? :p

Mac, for the love of all that is good about this show, choke the shit out of this dude and get it over with!!!!!
    FINALLY he's looking at the surveillance cameras. Took him long enough.

This case just keeps getting weirder and weirder. What else could this be about?!?!

Way to plug Cisco. Christ. I do think the confrence call is appropriate though considering all that's going on. There's no time to be driving from the lab to the scene and back.

ANOTHER body? This is either the kidnapping of the century, or someone's got a REALLY itchy trigger finger. This has got to be, by far one of the most confusing cases I've ever seen. I honestly have no idea what's going on.
    Seems like I'm not the only one who's confused. Even Mac can't figure it out? This is crazy.

Mac don't start playing hardball with this idiot. He's not stable and you know it. Thank god he's got the decency to take the pregnant lady out of the picture. Save two lives for the price of one.

This SWAT guy is really starting to piss me off. Someone better tell him to take a Xanax and chill before Flack looses it on him.

I think AJ's girl did an AWESOME job. The poor thing looked SO shaken up!!!!

Christ!!! SWAT are a bunch of assholes!!!

FINALLY MAC!!!! It's about damn time!!!! I was wondering how long it would take you to get him subdued!!!
    And yet another twist. I knew this had to be bigger than Joe Schmoe in the bank. The poor guy is so unstable he probably couldn't knock over a 7-11.

Told you it was a kidnapping-type thing. Although it doesn't make sense to rob the same bank twice, unless you're REALLY greedy. All of this was over a phone?!?! REALLY?!?!

Someone on SWAT better not have an itchy trigger finger,that's all I'm gonna say. This could all go so SO wrong!!!
    And if Stella's hunch is right, then Mac is in SERIOUS danger. I don't like this, not one bit.

I DO however, like seeing Danny in a vest. Especially when he's looking at Don for some sort of guidance. :p

I do not like this guy pointing a gun at Mac again, especially when he's driving. What is this all about!?!?!

Stupid Cliffhanger. How long am I gonna have to wait again?

Glad I'm not the only one who was like, 'Oh NO they didn't!!!' Ugh. Seriously, they're messing with us and it's. NOT. COOL.

6. Gouvy

Gouvy Victim

DUDE WHAT THE HELL CBS CLIFFHANGED ME TWICE IN ONE NIGHT!!! SO NOT COOOOOOOL :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Ok now that that's done. I knew the guy was lying. If the bank robbers were in the house across the street and they saw all the cops going in they would have known that the cops knew "Joe" didn't kill the woman in that house and that they would be looking for the real killers. That probably made very little sense but in my head it works.

I'm way too angry about the double cliffhangers to actually review this. I'm almost tempted to go for a low grade just because of it. :confused:

7. Faylinn

Question--Mac looked at the surveillance camera, but he didn't look at the actual surveillance footage, did he? So maybe that's something they'll do in the premiere. Adam can work his magic. ;)

8. Gouvy

Gouvy Victim

Actually he did. He looked at it and noticed that an hour before "Joe" entered it had been cut off and there was nothing to see. I doubt even Adam has magic enough to view footage that was never filmed.

9. Faylinn

Where was I when that happened? :lol:

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm waiting like I said until the premiere to play the finale but from what I read, I don't get why they felt a need to do two cliffhangers that way instead of tying things up. *pouts*

11. SweetDarling

SweetDarling Rookie

KRAZY!! I can't decide if this episode is better or if last season's finale was krazier. I guess this one is less personal...except for the part with Mac. I have a very very uneasy feeling about this. Is Mac the target (again)? :(

Danny looks hotter than ever...I loved seeing Adam again...and yuck I don't like Lindsay's hair. Can't wait until the premiere!

12. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Guys, that episode in my opinion was AMAZING. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire episode. Mac was being his big brave self.
    OH MY GOODNESS I FELT BAD WHEN HE FOUND OUT HE WAS LIED TO BY THAT STUPID ROBBER. MAC BETTER PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE SEASON PREMIERE.
    Overall WELL DONE! I loved it. I can't wait. Mac is of course exceptionally smart. haha :) Great season finale overall. Sorry if I was redundant.

13. Gouvy

Gouvy Victim

I have no idea. That's what he was talking to Danny about on the phone though.

14. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Wow! Two cliffhangers one after the other. A little too much, I say! Overall it was a good episode, tho' I'm going to have to watch it again b4 I can make indepth comments.

Mac got taken in by that dude :eek:. Not good! Tho' as many said over at the spoiler discussion, we know nothing's gonna happen to Mac, but as far as cliffhangers go, this is good.

Stella was awesome. Give the woman a gun & she ROCKS!!

More on the rest of the team later.

Fay, What does DILF mean? :confused:

15. Faylinn

DILF=Dad I'd Like To...do something naughty to. ;)

Thanks, Gouvy. I must have not been paying close-enough attention at that point. :eek: