Has Ryan become the "Bad Guy"? *Possible Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by miamifan08, May 20, 2008.

1. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

While we were all expecting Horatio to fall in the season finalie, what we didn't expect and where the true cliffhanger of the season lies in my opinion is the last scene with Ryan and the infamous text message he recieves. What could this mean for the character many of us have grown to love? Has Ryan become the new villian of the team? What were those writers thinking doing that to us?!?!

I have made my theories known in the spolier thread, but I thought this question specificaly deserved its own thread. What do you all think? What is Ryan's role in the whole "staged plan", if it's even staged at all? And if he's headed for the "dark side" like a lot of people are seriously suspecting, what would be Ryan's reasons for it?

Let's have a nice discussion here, with honest reasons and no Ryan bashing. :)

To start, let's analyize the final scene and the "look" Ryan gave.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1D7p6YaU0

I think honestly, he looked tormented in the first seconds after seeing the text, like he was unconfortable with doing something. After that, that "cold look" he displayed could be that, but I think it's determination. It's his mind telling him "The plan is in motion...I know what I have to do."

What does everyone else think? :)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

Re: Has Ryan become the "Bad Guy"?

I couldn't agree with you more yea the texed it what got me and the look on Ryans face said it all. I love Ryan to he has been my fav since they put him on the show. I hope that they don't make Ryan the" Bad Guy " because Ryan doesn't need to be getting into any more trouble because some bad could happen and he could lose his job and not get it back this time.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think Ryan is in on the plan.I too think it's a tormented,then determined look on his face.Sort of saying"it's really on now".Orthers have asked why Ryan and not Calleigh or Eric. H has used Ryan before for "undercover" type work(the mole in the lab). H knows he can be trusted to follow through with keeping things quiet. Despite Ryan's problems, I think H has repect for him

4. nanaroberts

nanaroberts Civilian

I agree because H texed to someone before he was shot if he was shot because he look like he was waiting for something to happen and ryan thinks to much of h to do anything to him

5. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I think that text was his dry cleaners telling him his laundry was done!

The only way RYan is going bad is if Jonathan Togo is leaving the show. I mean if you in on getting H killed and going bad, you're going to get caught and he's either going to jail or he'll be the next person H shoots. Sadly we all know Ryan can't shoot anyone, he'll either freeze or miss..errrr The look on his face was very odd and really seemed like he had some evil plan laid out in his head, but I just can't believe Sweet Ryan would do that.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think the entire thing was staged and that Ryan was in on it. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. However for the sake of leaving the fans at a gasp, the writers/producers/directors etc. probably told him to give the 'evil eye' to cause some suspicion on his part to rattle everyone and in turn, causing discussions like this one. :D

It would be cool though if the shooting was intentional and Ryan was part of it--it would give him more of an edge even if he might be in big trouble.

7. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I know ryan was on with H's plan. Because H texted someone right before he got shot and i 99% sure it was to ryan sayin lets make our move

8. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I think i would be kinda cool if ryan would become a bad guy :devil:

but the sad thing would be, sooner or later he has to leave the team :(

9. drunkonshadows

drunkonshadows Civilian

I think H & Ryan were in on it, & that H wasn't really shot bc there was no blood. Did anyone see where he got shot?

10. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

If it were Calleigh/Eric/Frank/Natalia who had gotten the text, we wouldn't be making threads that say "Is Calleigh the new bad girl?" (Natalia could be a little questionable, but she's learned her lesson.)

Now, I am not saying that Ryan is some beacon of truth because he's not (i.e. gambling and tricking Natalia into going to the shooting range while leaving evidence in the car.) But, really, he owes ALOT to H. Horatio got him his job back despite Rick breathing down his neck. Plus, he saved Ryan from a complaint after he pushed around the officer in "Death Eminent".

The only reason I can see Ryan possibly turning on H is if those guys have something really bad on him and they are blackmailing him with it. Even then, I don't see Ryan going down easily. The man idolizes H. What possible reason does he have for wanting him dead? :wtf:

--Ally

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are so right. On other boards,I have seen Ryan be called a rat,weasel,saying he should be shot,etc. I really believe Ryan is helping H and I can't wait until the new season to see Ryan vidicated.

12. oreodog

oreodog Civilian

Hello! This is my first post here. That last Miami episode is what got me looking for a forum on it! I could not believe Ryan's look, either! I sure hope he was in cahoots with H about something.

I didn't see where H was shot either. I just saw the bullet hole through his sunglass lens and he was holding those down at the time. Maybe he had on a vest? Even when you are hit, a bullet can still knock the wind out of your sails even if you aren't really shot directly on your body.

I hope, I hope, I hope Ryan is not a bad guy!!! I like them all!

13. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Another thing, his face at first, is actually very "I-really-don't-want-to-do-this-again" or something of the sort. Remember, in Season 4 he and Horatio teamed up to find the mole and he had the same expression. He hated going behind his colleagues, his own friends', backs. But he knew he had to do it in order to fish out the truth. Which leads me to what his face looked like next: a very determined look like "now-it's-my-turn".

Guys, keep in my mind that this is CSI: Miami and, as speed_cochrane said before, they may have just told Jonathan Togo "Make the most evil face you can and have people thinking that you're really the bad guy." If that's the case, they'll come back in Season 7 and act as though Ryan never even made such a face and continue with their good ol' Miami-ish lives. :p

--Ally

14. bodrul

bodrul Victim

hes part of some plan to get (whats his name) thats married to Hs sons mother.

15. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I haven't seen any more than a few clips and caps, but I can't believe that Ryan would ever become that kind of bad guy. He needs to do things by the book too much to get a hit on Horatio. And why would he do it? I can't think of a good reason.

The only thing I can think of is, like many people here think, that it was staged and he's in on some kind of undercover operation with H. He's done that kind of thing before. He looks up to H and he'd do pretty much whatever H asked him to.

I love that look on his face! He's so good at that - saying a lot without words. Remember his expression while the boy was talking to him in No Man's Land? It had us all thinking that there was more in his background than anyone was telling us - the brothers death had affected him so much. I agree that TPTB probably wanted him to make an evil face, but I think that he gave them more than that. His expression can be interpreted as evil or satisfied or sad or here-we-go-again. What an actor! :D

On that point, I think that the writers need to treat him better, and maybe this is the start of a hero!Ryan story, where he helps to get Kyle's step-father arrested. Okay, I'll stop ranting now...