~David Caruso Thread #4 'A One-way Ticket To HC/DC Please!~

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Re: ~David Caruso Thread #4 'A One-way Ticket To HC/DC Pleas

It really was, I agree. Sadly, the writers don't seem to care very much about what the fans would like to see happen. In Season 4, Horatio has a whole new backstory for us to get used to and I am not at all impressed with some of the spoilers that have been mentioned in other threads. It seems like a whole new show, and I'm not liking the changes. :(

2. ladycaruso

ladycaruso Witness

I like it that banner, too. It's a cute idea. CSIsM, you can find that "shiny" icon on Holly_Holy's icon journal, right here.

Thanks for that pic from "Twins", Lucy! It just makes me want to see the movie. I saw it a loooong time ago, but I just don't remember seeing David. Of course, I don't remember about 99% of the movie, so that might have something to do with it. :p

And, I was pretty darned peeved when I found out Yelina wouldn't be coming back to the show! I mean, there were times when she drove me kind of crazy (all the misunderstandings with Horatio, and the whole Rick affair), but... I agree with Lucy! It was a kick in the teeth for them to finally show her learning the truth about Horatio, coming to trust him fully again, and then putting her off the show.

I felt really bad for Sofia Milos, because I read that she was planning to buy, or had just bought a new house, and I think her character's removal from the show came as a surprise to her.

I agree with you completely on the whole backstory thing, Swan! It's so out of the blue. I like everything that has to do with getting more Horatio time, but... I want it to make sense. So far, I'm getting a little thrown by the contradictions.

Okay. I think I finally caught up with this thread!

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

i`m so disappointed from the fact that i`m from other hour time. i have miss great chat. :<< all discussion Yelina, Stetler, Ray Jr and Horatio, bring me sed memorys. i`m gone miss them all...
    i remember Ray Jr was the one who call H and tell that Y and S have fight. H was inquire one 'bad" guy in the prison when he get the call. hi was so anxious, worried embarassed for Y and RJ. when H make his way to Y house, hi walk to S and hit him by the shoulder when they pass each other. H said something like "Get of my way". at the end of the scene H smile so sweet :>>>

Crime Wave
    When Horatio goes to see Yelina, who is sporting a nasty bruise on her right eye, H angrily asks her about it, she says she hit herself bending down to get a pot in the kitchen. Horatio wants to find Stetler, whom he assumes is responsible for the bruise, but Yelina insists its not what he thinks.
    When Horatio meet Stetler angrily confronts him about Yelina. S echoes Yelina's story about her injury being an accident, and growls at H that Yelina loved Raymond, not Horatio. Horatio tells Stetler that he'll kill Stetler if he ever hurts Yelina again.

I loved Horatio's question to Ray, "How does a man leave his wife and son and let them believe he's dead?" That was just so Horatio!

4. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

<<< ladycaruso, thanks for posting that link to Holly_Holy's icons. As you can see, I've chosen a new one! :D I will put a credit in my bio. :)

5. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Very nice avvy MD.

Don't forget to put the spoiler alert. Some haven't watched '10-7' yet.

I found a similarity between a CSI:M scene and a movie scene where DC acted as a soldier.

Invasion:
    [​IMG]

Proof of Life:
    [​IMG]

Must have been de ja vu for David. :D

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Arggg MiamiDade your new avvy rocks! :D

I love that cap from 'Proof Of Life' Casper, I really must watch that DVD, I have been on NYPD overdrive since Chritmas that I forgot about my 'POL' DVD! :eek:

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Proof of Life is cool movies. i like it a lot. and understanding Dino is my favour characters.

(review)
    "But it's not only Alice who likes looking at Terry. Conspicuously and unsurprisingly, his best mate and really, his soulmate, is Dino (David Caruso), another K&R expert who just happens to be in Tecala, working on the kidnapping of "the Italian" (he does have a name, but the guys, being so very guy-like, call him "the Italian" or "the package"). Unlike Terry's job, Dino's pays money and so, presumably, provides for the very expensive hardware they need to get the job done, since, of course, they do have to make the extraction. These men of action bond best when their lives are at risk, and there's even a wee hint in Caruso's smooth performance of Dino's ambiguous sexuality (but the film doesn't begin to touch that). Early on, Dino and Terry take down some "swarthy South Americans," and afterwards, Dino smiles seductively and asks his boy, "So, that was fun?" And he's right. This fast-moving mini-escapade is the most fun moment in the film — the least ponderous and predictable, the best choreographed."

a one way ticket to HC/DC pleas?! we will travel with hilicopter ?! WOW it will be interesting. or DC will arrive whit it in his birthday party hahah

8. ImissSpeed

ImissSpeed Coroner

awww I love that cap too.. aww I love choppers.. :D

GREAT avvy MD, truly great :D

aww I haven't seen PoL in a long time.. I better go watch it some day soon

9. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

who gona f..k with me ?!
    analogous ...

caruso - cage Kiss Of Death
    casuso - Crowe proof of life

dino and horatio

PS hope naw pics work

10. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

You're welcome. I very vaguely remembered him in it, but I had to watch it again out of pure curiosity! :D

Yes, I think she was treated very badly, as were her fans really. I sent her an e-mail soon after I heard that she was being written off, and she, or someone representing her, sent me a very nice reply. Basically, she said that it was not her choice and she wasn't expecting it at all! I think that's really mean. I know the acting business is tough, but to think they dropped it on her suddenly like that is very disappointing. She did also say though, that there is a chance she will be back, so I shall not give up hope. ;)

I wholeheartedly agree with you and Swan on that point too. This is like the 'All new CSI:Miami' and it doesn't hold a candle to the previous seasons in my opinion. Not even close. :(

MD, that really is a great choice of avvy. Holly_Holy's avvies are some of my favourites, I have to admit. I have saved a couple too for future use! :D

Love the POL caps Casper. I think Dino is my favourite DC character on film. He so funny, and sweet and gorgeous, of course. :devil:

Re spoilers, it is technically okay to discuss episodes that have been aired in the US. I realize that some people still haven't seen '10-7' and Season 4, and it is nice to try and bear that in mind where possible. Realistically though, it is difficult to avoid discussion of such topics as we are not all aware of who has seen what. Hope that makes sense. :)

Not all of your pics are showing Pusher. They need to be uploaded to your own webspace - that may be the problem.

11. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Yup, that made sense. I guess it could be excused. Most of them have watched the episode. Besides, I already know what's going to happen at the end. *sighs* Heart-wrenching. :(

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I don't mean to sound really off topic here, but has there been any word on Madisons illness? Is she ok now?

13. H_Caine_is_love

H_Caine_is_love Dead on Arrival

i'm really annoyed because kiss of death was on one day and i missed it then empire records was on last night and i missed that too. i'm really really p****d off

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

No word at all as yet Tink. I wonder if we are just supposed to assume that Ray Jnr was a match and that Madison is now okay. I really hope that this storyline gets revisited at some stage.

15. ladycaruso

ladycaruso Witness

Sure, MiamiDade! Lookin' good. :)

Hey, I really like that, CSIsM!! I love seeing little similarities and patterns like that. Now if only we could get Horatio into some campouflage make-up...

I agree, Lucy! It's VERY mean. Especially when you make plans like you have a steady job, and they just spring things like that on you! I think it's really cool that you emailed her and got a response! Even if it wasn't her. But maybe it was! ^^

I know what you mean about this, too. I have been happy to see new episodes with Horatio, of course, but... I'm just a little bit disappointed with the way things are being changed up. And it's almost like they don't expect anyone to notice the contradictions.

Good question, Tink! I have been wondering that since FOREVER. I hope they aren't going to just drop it like it never existed! I love Madison!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.