Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

this season finale blows my mind. First loved the whole Eric and Calleigh part felt bad for her though when she blew up the lab but it was Eric to save the day. Second H getting shot that was something i didn't see coming. I think that Kyles mom shot him but i hope that she didn't. If she did I think that Ron helped her do it. Third what was with the text that Ryan got I hope that he is going over to the Dark Side and being the Bad guy. Also I think that Ryan is still upset about being kicked off the team and I also think that he has a little grudge on each of the team members to. I hope that Ryan had no part in H shooting but labgeekluvr made this point about Ryan and the text
    keep tabs on Ron Saris, which includes surveillance on emails and texts between him and his associates which I hope is true because I would hate for Ryan to get into any more trouble

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I won't be part of the conspiracy theorists:lol: cause I'd have to many things to say about it.

The episode was far better than I thought it could be & obviously it had Corey's signature:cool:

Horatio...I know it was staged & I'm pretty sure he isn't hurt but I have to say that DC was amazing. I loved him during the last scene.

The new ME Shannon Higgins..I already knew she would be dead but still it was shocking how that guy shot her. It was scaring that shooting.
    The other ME (I don't remember his name & I don't want to remember it :p)...I don't like him. I already knew he was disgusting but still I don't like him especially after he spoke about Alexx as if she was a guy. I don't know what I would have done if I had been Eric in that momnet.

Calleigh's firearms lab...oh boy she's too unlucky. Ok it was her mistake but still she's too ulucky:rolleyes:.
    Loved her puppy face while she was sitting on her kit after the fire:guffaw:. I also loved Eric holding her hand.

On the other hand I was so happy they finally showed Natalia being concerned about Eric. Although I found him a little bit cold I loved that moment.

Ryan...as he told Calleigh he was late for something leaving her alone I thought he was going w/ H at the airport to help him.
    Then I didn't see him & I thought he was going to gamble...again:rolleyes:
    "It's done" kinda shocked me immediatly but after a second I was pretty sure it was something correlated w/ H's plan...so I'm pretty sure Ryan was helping him
    Porbably he's the only one to help H (as they clearly showed us) although I tend to think the contrary...I mean it kinda looked Calleigh wasn't too shocked when Ryan left her alone.
    Anyway Ryan was the best person H could ever choose in this situation
    -Caleigh can't risk anything anymore.
    -Eric is still having trouble w/ his brain injury.
    -Natalia is too emotional to help him without problems.

Now I can't wait too see how Ryan will help his boss

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Me too! About time tptb allowed DC to show off his acting chops rather than stand around possing or shooting his gun. Anyone notice a new pose? :lol: The arms-across-the-chest pose, never got that before.

I'd have screamed at him, urgh, I hate the new male ME too.

I thought Cal rolled her eyes at him as he left, like "whatever"!

Again me too.

5. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

Okay day one and I think we are all calming back down know our Hero will live to see another day. :thumbsup:

So many great thoughts here, it makes it even harder to wait, but I hope you are right Delkolover... I would love those spoilers right about now!:lol::lol::lol:

Okay here is The Insider clip of DC from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBLA963nyAk

Enjoy.

HCrazy:cool:

Now I have the CSIMiami blues :( Time to work on my FF.:lol:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

HCrazy thank you so much for this clip :D
    How many people got shot in this show????? Very good question:rolleyes:.
    Great vid...I alway love behind the scene stuff.

Yay for the ff:lol:

7. Miss Kris

Miss Kris Victim

I had to watch that last scene over and over again...does anybody know where he got shot? When he was lying there I couldn't see any wound at all...but yet there was lots of blood.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I personally didn't see any blood. :wtf: I thought it was just a wet tarmac.

Anyway, I missed half the episode because work kept me too long but it was an okay episode. Is it sad that when H got shot, I laughed a bit? :eek: Man, I should probably see the rest of the episode sometime.

9. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Ah I see now. :) Thanks for the caps, dopebabygirl. So I'm assuming then that he was shot in the abdomen/hip area. Probably not fatal but the look on H's face was priceless. "I've..I've been SHOT? ZOMG. This can't happen to me." *falls*

I shouldn't make fun but it actually cracked me up so much. The leg twitch and everything.

However, the entire ordeal (getting Kyle on a plane) reminded me of the Yelina/Ray/Ray Jr. situation in season three. I wonder how many times H is going to just send someone away for their own safety/vacation/whathaveyou. Because if that's the case, all of Miami should be getting on a plane and heading for the hills.

11. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Okay. I normally wait until Kirsten's review comes out to comment, but I won't today.

I liked it. Liked not loved.

I also laughed when Horatio got shot. Not because the poor guy finally took a bullet but because Miami took things to far. I think they did a whole 'boy who cried Wolfe' thing. They put Horatio in the firing line so many times, only to have him become super-H at the last moment and escape without a scratch that when the unflappable Horatio Caine finally got taken down I got sort of a 'meh, and?' type of feeling. I appreciate why they did it; having him get hurt every week would have kinda taken away from the magnitude of the finale but, like I said, I think they took things too far.

Though I knew she was going to die, I kinda hoped the woman would stick around. She seemed nice. Although, I already LOVE the new ME guy. He's such a jerk, it's about time they threw another idiot into the mix - Stetler's loosing his touch ;).

Ryan. Well. To be honest, I don't think he's gone over to the dark side. I'm with delkolover, he was working with H to cover something up/make a point/get a bad guy or whatever. At the time, I wondered why it was Ryan. But I think Florry's right. Calleigh's already bee in enough trouble this year, H wouldn't put her at risk. Delko was involved in the Rio thing, which already compromises him, and there's his injury. I don't think he fully trusts Natalia yet. And that leaves Ryan. Makes some sense.

I enjoyed both the exchange between Eric and Natalia and between Calleigh and Eric. The former because it was nice to have the continuity there. He was a little cold with her, and that really worked given their history together. Calleigh and Eric' scene got me thinking a lot. It's been said a lot, particularly in the EC thread, that perhaps Eric and Calleigh are already together. I mean, she just let him caress her hand and willingly pouted in front of him. Calleigh Duquesne doesn't do that. she gets mad, she's very friendly, she flirts. But she doesn't let people see her sulking.

And that scene was adorable. She actually pouted like a scolded kid.

The final moments were interesting and that pan sot round the glasses was cool. But I felt no emotion for H. No gripping, 'oh I hope he'll be okay'. Nadda. Zilch. Horatio has been really distant both with regards to his work, and his team. I don't empathize with him like I used to and, considering he's the lead, that's not a good thing.

Over all. 7 or 8 out of 10.

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

And Khandi Alexander did, LOL?

13. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Actaully , in my opinion she did, lol. The guy is a medical examiner, and while I respect the fact that he was looking for details...while he was doing so, the case was flagging behind. All in all, I really didn't like him, and I hope like hell he's not the new ME. In case he is, Stettie's got a new friend!

As for the ep, I've conjectured and hypothesized, and well theorized just about all night and day about it , and yes, that was blood on the tarmac as the camera panned out, and yes, I think it's a set up. Now, Ryan's role in this is still out there for me, given that I don't care for him in any capacity, but I seriously wouldn't think he'd be idiotic enough to risk his job, and life to do something as stupid as kill Horatio. I think Ryan, Ron and Juila are red herrings and Juan was acting in ignorance. He couldn't have known that H was going to plan his own 'death' so he just put the hit out there.

But...there's always a but... How in the world did Horatio pull all of this together in the span of hours? I mean, it's intricate, it's detailed, and to circumvent the actual idea of ACTUALLY dying, he would've had to made sure his t's were crossed and his i's were dotted. Kinda hard to do when you are running around Miami with your head chopped off. Don't get me wrong, I'm an H fan to the upmost, but I think that the writer's dropped the ball on this tiny detail. An operation of that magnatude would've taken some prepriation, right? I don't know...and I speculate only in my closest circle that the season would start in on Horatio's funeral, to keep the ruse up. But there defiently is a ruse, bc of DC's balant slip of the lip in the CBS vid, and well...bc H really wants Ron dead. Did you see his expression when Ron blabbed about his marriage to Juila? Yeah...unfortunately, he still cares for her.

I think this was a great ep, not the spectacular ones of old, but judging by early numbers it's a highly rated ep. I wonder if it's higher that Lost Son?

Anni

14. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

im pretty sure ron shot horatio. If you noticed when ryan was with calleigh in interigation he said he had to go he had to of known about h's plan. If you noticed when H was on the airstrip he texted someone and he was ansy like he knew something was going to happened. And so that makes me belive that ryan and H teamed up to get the shooter. And i doubt ryan was on the evil side. Ryans had a alrite time to take care of buisness look

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Adorelo:
    I thought the E/C and E/N scenes were very interesting — it seems like Nat still has feelings for Eric, and they have a history together, so it makes sense. It was interesting that she was the only one who asked how he was after the shooting - very sweet.

The E/C scene was nice as a whole, although I honestly wished Ryan and Nat would've come to the scene w/Eric - they were in the lab too (at least Nat was). I mean, does no one but Eric care for Calleigh's well-being anymore? And let's not get into Horatio - he's too busy being a vigilante to care about his second in command. :rolleyes: (although he raced to Nat's side when she shot a suspect in the shoulder ... and when Ryan had gambling problems ... and when Eric was seeing dead people ... and when Alexx's son was a suspect in a murder ... But, you know, God forbid he ask his top CSI how she's doing after having had the WORST six months of her life.:rolleyes: He is still her boss, right??)

Do I think Eric and Cal are "together"? Possibly - that "hand holding" scene was kind of personal, although I think Cal is just naturally comfortable around Eric and would let him do that. They've been friends for years. The only question I have is, what about Jake? TPTB built that up and then dropped it like a hot potato. :confused: I think if they're gonna close the chapter on Jake, they ought to just do it - just mention it or whatever if Johnny can't come back to the show. Until they bring closure to that, I'm not sure what to think of the E/C scenes.

I just wish TPTB would focus more on the team and less on the individual drama, like they used to. For instance, Speed was a fan favorite (I loved the guy!), but we hardly knew anything about him and, if I remember correctly, he only had one major storyline - not cleaning his gun. We don't have to get all up in their personal lives, just give us hints of it. And it's kind of annoying when you keep seeing the same people together in the same scenes all the time.

I thought the team was gonna "come together" in this ep., but it was the same old BS - can they ever interact w/each other - and I mean all five of the CSIs. Remember when they all used to be in at least one scene together per episode? That needs to come back, especially for Horatio's sake. He's so distant from the team that it's rediculous. I know he's got issues about his son, but seriously? He's only recently started to be a real presence in the lab again, but I don't think he's close to having the connection w/the team that he did in seasons 1-3. And that's a pivatal part of the show - H's care and concern for his team.

In the beginning of the show, TPTB said Miami would be different b/c of the Horatio character and how he relates to his team - how it's like a family. Honestly, if this team is a family, it's waaayyy dysfunctional. Especially if H "faked" his death and didn't tell anyone but Ryan. Did he not think he could trust the others to keep the secret?

If I were Eric or Cal, I'd be very hurt to find out I was kept in the dark on this one - esp. b/c they've known H the longest. And I don't buy that H was trying to "protect" them, b/c they didn't have to be part of the scheme - they would only know that he wasn't dead. I mean, Eric and Cal have had a rough couple of years - how would thinking their boss and friend is killed help them? They should be in on it too, even if they just know that he's alive and that's it.