Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, back when Horatio asked Ryan to help sniff out the mole, Ryan did it, but wasn't happy about having to deceive his co-workers (especially Alexx). So, I think the look at the end was more of that type of thing. He hates having to deceive them by keeping the secret that H isn't really dead. The look on Ryan's face was meant to be a red herring type of deal.

Maybe Julia is helping Horatio. Maybe they knew Ron was going to get someone to shoot Horatio with the F.A.R's so, Julia used a regular gun in order to protect Horatio. He could have worn a bullet-proof vest and that wouldn't helped with the regular style of bullet. Julia told Kyle to stay inside and lock the doors, remember? Maybe she was saying that cause she believed Horatio about Ron and didn't want Kyle letting him in. Maybe she had the locks changed so Ron wouldn't have the key.

2. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I have two opposing ideas about this:

1. If Ryan has gone to the "dark side" it could be due to gambling debts he couldn't pay. We never had any real closure to that story after Ryan came back. There was never any reference to him attending GA meetings or therapy or anything. He could owe big bucks to someone.

2. H and Ryan set this up to get Ron. This seems to be the saner of the two thoughts. I think when H was looking at his phone he was sending Ryan the text message.

I will not be able to wait until September for the answer!!:(

3. alfalfasprout

alfalfasprout Victim

i have enivsions of the biggest super H start to season 7. ron ends up being the person who shot H and he comes out to check on him to make sure hes dead and i dont know if anybody saw the movie saw, but like at the end of saw 1 where jigsaw gets up, H gets up and shoots ron or shoots him and then gets up. then (insert Super H line here) and then....... YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

lol just a possible scenario on my mind at the moment. but ya i dont think he will die and i do think it will end up being a set up however the ending gave me doubts about a set up. oh well well have to see what happens but to me it all seemed to be leading into a set up

4. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think H sent Ryan the text message. I think someone sent H one letting him know it was time to set the plan in motion and then that same someone (probably the ATF agent or maybe Frank or possibly Jake or even Stetler) sent Ryan the message telling him that the first stage of the plan was in motion.

On another note: What the heck was it with everyone in this episode wearing tan-like colors with purplish colors. The female M.E., the guy who was selling ammo overseas (the one they had in custody when he got shot), Ryan... they were all wearing those colors. Ryan's tie was even a purplish color LOL. It was just bizzare.

Oh, and I don't think the new M.E. (the guy) is going to fit with the rest of the cast the way that Alexx did. Shannon would have fit in just fine probably, but not sure about this guy.

5. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Okay I am betting next season starts with Horatio's funeral! Yep. He said this would open things up for him so he can catch the bad guy. What better way then to play dead and work behind the scenes.

Maybe they mean the whole team will come together when Horatio is pronounced dead.:devil: LOL:lol::lol::lol: I already can't wait for next season.

Horatio's funeral...:eek::eek::eek: OMG!!! That would be crazy!

Now I didn't see any blood because the airfield was wet. Where was there blood? I have to go watch again and did you guys notice, Kyle took the clip out of that GUN! He took it out and left it out. Makes me wonder...

Oh my muse is smothering me with ideas and many fan fics for this summer! Hahaha

Oh and hey Miamirocks, I hear ya, but hey at least we have it on film, right! :guffaw: Gotta Love DuCaine!:drool::drool::drool:

HCrazy

6. kerafaith

kerafaith Victim

I don't think Ryan is involved. The scene actually made me think back to his gambling addiction. The text xould mean that his bet had been placed. Then again, I have totally missed the whole staged thing. Can someone catch me up on that?

Also, eariler before the eppie aires, someone said that Julia needed to keep her girls in checks. So does Natilia. In her first scene with Ryan, I thought they were going to jump for freedom.

Also, does anyone feel like the writing staff is trying to punish us by keeping us in suspense for like 5 months. I mean 1st with CSI Las Vegas & now with Miami. And maybe even New York on Wednesday. It's just wrong. I mean I know, that we know, that H isn't dead. But still.

Anyway. Those are just my opinions. Now it's on to a summer of nothing to watch. Seriously. I only watch CSI Las Vegas, New York, & Miami, Criminal Minds & Lost. So, I am in for a long summer.

7. GregNickRyanFan

LOL! I was going to say that same thing!

The blood started coming out from under Horatio as the camera panned back. Kyle left the clip out? I thought he put it back in. It would be hard to believe if Horatio involved his son in this scheme. But, I guess he could have. Maybe Kyle put a clip with blanks in the gun. Hmm...

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  8. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I got to thinking about something after reading people's reactions on another board for this show.

What if the phone Ryan had wasnt his, and was Colin's. I know nothing was shown to prove that. But it was brought up by Rianna1106, on another board.

If that's true it could explain Ryan's reaction.
    *ugh* I think i have fiured out one thing then something else doesnt make sense.

One final thing, and no one shoot me for even bringing this up, but what if, this is going to be H pulling a Raymond??? Does anyone fear it will go that far/long???

9. nikkiP

nikkiP Victim

10. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

If H had a bag full of blood strapped to him, there would be a sort of lump on his chest. But he looked perfectly flat when I saw him.

I'm sure he got shot for real.

11. Biz1973

Biz1973 Civilian

Hi to all, I am a brand new member of this "talk CSI" . I have no idea what to do. FAQ has been no help. I don't know how to post a comment about any CSI show. I don't know the first thing to do, click on, etc.
    It is a miracle that I got to this page to ask for help. Would any one be kind enough to give me some instructions???!!!!
    Oh , and also, how will I know if someone replied to my "call for Help!!!"
    Thanking anyone in advance!! Biz1973

12. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

That's a good argument, but I just don't believe Ryan would seriously "tempt fate" twice. He was fired the first time and was very lucky to get his job back (even though we all knew he eventually would), Ryan to me is the type of person who learns from his mistakes.

Ryan has stake in this, in what capacity I'm not sure but it does have me thinking...If this is staged and Ryan is the only one that knows the truth...why was he chosen? Why wasn't the rest of the team brought into this? Calliegh's ingorance can be explained, she would take over should anything happen to H, So i can understand him not wanting her to be involved for fear this could backfire.

Eric's could probably be explained too, as his injury is a clear sign that he is not the same man he used to be. H is probably scared to involve him because of all he's been though.

Which goes back to my orginal question, Why was Ryan chosen? I believe it might have something to do with paying back H for helping him get his job back earlier in the season. The look he showed at the end could mean different things, but I think Ryan is under the same torment that he went though in season four with decieving his co-workers about the mole.

Jonathan Togo did an amazing job with this look, and his acting in this episode, and it's going to have us speculating till September what it all actually means.

Then again, this could be a sign that he's back to "bad habits" we thought were dealt with. I hope not because I love Ryan and his role in the team. I just don't think after all he's been though, that the writers would suddenly make him bad. It doesn't make any sence.

I just hope that Togo is coming back in the Fall...I would seriously cry if he didn't.

13. nikkiP

nikkiP Victim

"compasity"

I'm sorry- what word do you mean here? I'm not finding this in my dictionary?

14. alfalfasprout

alfalfasprout Victim

i think they mean like what role he has in all of this.

15. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I think "capacity."