Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. weeza82

weeza82 Victim

Did TPTB really expect us to believe that there is only a few years between Mac and Drew? All I could think was "That's him off of Dawson's Creek" it just blew my mind. Gary Sinise is in his 50's and Kerr Smith is in his early 30's. As much as I adore Mac (and I do adore him (see what I did there? hehe!!!) ) that is just too hard a push on the senses.

2. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Yes, they did. :( They think the majority of the viewers can only count to 5 and their arrogance (that pops up more then I'd like to) makes them think they can pretty much get away with anything.

3. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Not so much an editing mistake as a major casting faux-pas, but has anyone noticed that Bess Wohl was a SUSPECT in season one?

[​IMG]

I double checked my theory on IMDB and she's credited as 'Aubrey Davis' in the episode "'Till Death Do We Part".

I know it's common to have actors play different roles in the different CSI's (hello, Carmine. :p) but to have one actress play two different characters on the SAME show, is a pretty big oversight. :lol:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

:guffaw::guffaw:Ok I suppose she looks different and she looks a lot more erm respectable?!? As a lab rat rather than a suspect....Maybe thats what the bright red lipstick is for :rolleyes:

At least Kendal isnt such a big character else that would be even funnier :guffaw::guffaw:...Good catch ;)

5. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

LV did this too, with Jon Wellner as Henry - before that, he'd been in an earlier episode as another character. Outside the CSI universe, The X Files did it with Nicholas Lea (he was someone else before he played Krycek) and don't even get me started on the MESS of casting that was any of the Star Treks.

6. CSIFan119

CSIFan119 Hit and Run

I don't know if anyone posted this on but there is a mistake in the Tanglewood/Run Silent, Run Deep episodes.

In Tanglewood, it says that Sonny Sassone was born in 1979 but in Run Silent, Run Deep it says that Sonny had gun charges in 1991 which would have made him 12 when he charged.

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Picking scientist mistake: I have just been watching season 2 and in the Risk episode when Hawks and Stella are figuring out what the fibre in the stockbroker guys throat is, Hawkes points to a MS spectra which shows a chemical structure with the name trichloroethane (which is right) but underneath it has chlororform in brackets which its not! chlororform is trichloromethane - one less CH2. I know I am being picky but its not hard to get the chemical structure of chloroform right, they take such pride in having all this cutting edge technology in all the CSIs but they always get the basic science wrong. (I also wish I was able to post a screen capture as it would be much easier to explain).

8. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that I don't know exactly how much time is supposed to have gone by from episode to episode. A week? A day? A month?

With this in mind, I think it's quite funny that in the episode, "Live or Let Die" (or perhaps more specifically the episode after) that Flack apparently is incapable of bruising.

If you remember, towards the end of the episode, Flack and Mac are chasing after a doctor who they suspect has stolen the liver and caused a ton of chaos while doing so. When Flack reaches the doctor--who's trying to get up a fire escape--the guy kicks Flack in the face TWICE.

Now last time I checked, getting kicked, especially by someone desperate enough to do so to your face, would be enough to at least give you a shiner, if not a nice cut courtesy of the person's shoe.

Yet, when Flack is shown next, his face is pristine. I think we should start calling him Super Flack, don't you? :lol:

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, it happens more often in the franchise than you might think. The one specific example I can think of off the top of my head is Tamara Clatterbuck, who was on two episodes of the original CSI several years apart. There have been at least several others that I've noticed when I check IMDb pages to see if actors have been in the franchise before. More than a few have been on the other shows, but some have also been on the same show as a different character. :p

10. Claire Conrad

Claire Conrad Witness

I've seen reused things all the time on CSI... can't think of any right now. CSI:NY, CSI... I can think of one for Miami though, right now. They had this building in "Driven". and I saw it used again in another episode, and for a split second thought I was watching Driven instead of, like, season 5, or 6, or something like that. I hate it when they reuse. If you notice it, it sucks. Then you get confused. Or if they mess-up (Oh, I've seen that before too... on all of them too.... shot it one day, come back the next, and mess-up, just a little, and it goes heywire... AH!!!)

I noticed that, the Bess Wohl thing... Hmmm... I think they've done that on Miami once.. but I can't be too forsure right now...

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, it doesn't bother me to be honest. I certainly wouldn't have noticed unless someone pointed it out. They've done it in LV too, with Warrick's wife Tina, she was another character in season one, and wasn't Archie the AV guy in an episode as a different character in the same season that he was also Archie?

Considering the poor quality of some of the NY guest casting I'm thinking they might benefit from doing this more often. :lol:

12. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

i just caught this one awhile ago.. commuted sentences..

hawkes seen here after looking in the microscope, wore his glasses.
    [​IMG]

then in the next scene, he wasn't...
    [​IMG]

then in the next he was wearing it again. :lol:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  13. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

csimania19-- hmm i didn't notice that:lol: good catch:thumbsup:

14. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

That's easy to explain. Hawkes' arms move so rapidly that it isn't visible for us. Glasses on, glasses off...and on again! This is reminding me of someone else... :D

15. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Wow! Really good , csimania19, to catch something like that.