Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

I believe that they wanted whatever they had to be casual. Maybe, perhaps, Danny more than Lindsay. (I say that because I think that she held him off more before SD.) I think that they thought that by keeping things undefined they could be together without having to deal with their pasts, themselves, and their co-workers. Now that they both know that hasn't worked, they are going to have to give their relationship some definition and that should be very interesting for us!

Me? I started off really liking CSI: Original Recipe; it was just so different from eveything that I'd ever seen on TV. For the first few years I didn't mind that the characters were rather one dimensional, but then it started to frusterate me a bit. I tried Miami and found it not to my liking at all. Then NY came along and I liked it a little better. A few months after AB joined the cast, I realized that I was more excited about NY than CSI. I have been a causal viewer at best until RND. I missed SD, as I mentioned before. In my mind though, they were were together offscreen.

What I would love to see in the future is writers willing to treat women and relationships with realism. I would love to see them allow D&L to be together and not have them be all about being together. They could have more, not less, interaction with the other team members. Their love and "togetherness" could just be made obvious in the little things (like a hug after he saves her from a run away train!). Only occaisionally would I throw a fit like a two-year old and demand they show some skin.

Course, I don't know that I'll ever get what I want but that's another post.

2. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

ITA. I think he meant much more than that too. Danny allowed himself to open up emotionally, to really express how he was feeling. In a typical Danny way, he was having trouble finding the words, which is totally understandable, seeing as though he apparantly hasn't been in love before.

I think he had, had time to think, he was alone in his apartment IMO trying to figure out his feelings. He then IMO made a concious decision as to what had happened, what he wanted and what he was feeling. Like I said in the swapped scene thread. It makes no difference what order the scenes were shown in, the outcome was always going to be the same. I do not for one second think Lindsay was Danny's second choice. That would make him look like he was manipulating someone who was in love with him, because his other option was no longer available. I think the reason he called it off with Rikki was because of Lindsay. If he was in love with Rikki why did he call it off? If he was in love with Rikki, why did he say what they were doing was a bad thing? I didn't see any doubt cross his mind when she told him she was leaving, I saw sorrow, sorrow that maybe he was the cause of everything that had happened, thats why she told him not to say sorry, just say goodbye. She was telling him, its ok, it's not your fault. We need to remember that Rikki was the last connection he had to the kid, its totally understandable why her leaving would upset him, but I dont think it had anything to do with him loving her or vice versa. Danny had become a big part of Rikki's life, he has helped her through the worst thing she could ever go through, so its got to be just as hard for her to say goodbye, but like Danny I think Rikki knew it was for the best for both of them, it was time to start a fresh.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  3. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Sorry - it has been a loooooooooooooong week :lol: I am just too lazy for downloads so will I just stick with my Youtube DL scenes.

Well I have not seen much of the discussion regarding the scenes but I agree that Danny did not "settle" for Lindsay. He was quite emotional during the telephone call IMO which was quite revealing. It is refreshing to see him reach out for Lindsay and be honest about how he feels.

So where is everyone??? Has everyone stormed TPTB HQ? Moved to the gutter permanently? Abadanoned our ship? Its the week of the finale people!!

4. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I am here! It just been very crazy for me and haven't really have a lot of time to respond to the crazy long responses everyone has! :p And Peaches can tell you that the gutter is not a bad place to be at all!

I am for one really excited for the finale! :D Here's to getting rid of that angst that has been dragged out way longer than necessary! :thumbsup:
    Is there supposed to be more than one cliff hanger? Or is the DL situation completely resolved by the end of the episode? What is this emotional drama that I keep hearing about?

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  5. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Hey guys! Yes, I know I haven't posted in what seems like forever. But, I've been very busy preparing for my exams.

I've been keeping up with the posts, and I can't believe it's the finale this week! Can't wait to see what happens! Hopefully, we'll get something good to tide us over the summer!

Personal Foul was on in the UK on Saturday, the talk in the rain is beyond cute! Danny looked so sad when he said, "I miss you." I sort of wish she went over there after she hung up, but I glad she didn't, because she needs space to figure out what she feels and what she wants to do as regards to their relationship.

Gotta jet, laterz, PSG xxx

PS: Check out my new fic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4266172/1/

6. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Meg, I love you too :p

I'm still here but I agree, it is awfully quiet. Perhaps everyone is lurking in corners, hugging their knees and rocking back and forward, muttering to themselves - you know, kinda like Dawni when it's shown on channel 5 :D

Come out, come out wherever you are shippers *waves plate of freshly baked - sigh - grand marnier flavoured choc chip with marshmallow cookies* Get on board with the Gutterazzi - first to :drool: over WifeBeater Wednesday gets a free cosmo! (er, best speak to Dutch about setting up a tab behind the bar)

We are owed an obligatory shirtless male in the finale aren't we? It's like the law of CSI, right?:devil:

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Helooooooooo! Anybody miss me? Bet you nobody did :(

:p

Anyhow, I have to admit I'm not *that* excited about the finale, just like I haven't been that excited about the show for the past few weeks. But the possibility of us getting some DL goodness is always a plus in my books :)

As for what I "want" to see, I have no idea really, and pretty tired of thinking about it. What happens will happen, and I'm going to (stupidly?) put my faith in the writers, hoping that they know what they know what they're doing and will please us in the end with this storyline.

I never labeled Danny a whore after RND, because although I wasn't happy with the direction they took this relationship, it does happen in real life and people can in fact work through it, like I believe DL can. :) I just hope that the writers will make Danny a little more sure with his feelings, because even in 4x19 I wasn't completely happy with the way he talked to Rikki. It's just the little things I guess, an d I'm a picky person.

Oooh, but what of Season 5? That I'm psyched about because damn it the writers are going to give us lots of FLUFF after all the drama they've put us through! And we're going to get lovely smiles, and hugs, and maybe a few smooches, and BOOM! We see them waking up together in bed on....5x16 :devil: Which will appropriately be titled "Right In My Bed". :p

Hello Gutter, how do you do? :lol:

8. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

I understand how you feel, but remember Danny has never been in love before, for him to utter those words to somebody would be a big moment as far as the show sees it.. Something fitting of a season finale.

I totally understood the whole D/R convorsation, to me it was very realistic. Even though Danny had made a concious decision to move on with his life, saying goodbye to Rikki was still hard for him as was saying goodybe to him for her. Danny feels guilty about what happened to Rueben that feeling isn't just going to go away overnight. And when she said "too many memories" those same memories came flooding back for him. Thats why he went to apologize, but she stopped him before he could. They had become a big part of eachothers live, so its totally understandable, maybe they loved eachother as close friends would, but not for one second do I think they were in love with one another. Otherwise, why didn't Danny stop her?

9. eveninstarz14

OK! Enough of the angst type of conversation! :lol:

Let us come up with another question:
    Which I can't think of one that you guys haven't already posted...

Although I was personally wondering if Danny has met Lindsay's family and vice versa?

10. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Oh, that's interesting, if they haven't I'd love to see how it would go.

Linds at Casa de Messer - 'Hi, I'm the girl who analyzed the DNA on a cigarette that placed your youngest son which incriminated your son which then later led to your eldest being beaten to a bloody pulp proving the other's innocence. I brought you some pie!'

Danny @ the Monroe's - 'Hi, I just flew 'X' miles to hold your daughter's hand after she blew me off. Erm, can I get some pie?'

Where are our lovely couple going on vacation?

11. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ No vacation! They need to be locked up in a room and talk all Summer until they are released again in September to give us the fluffy moments that were kept from us this season :scream:
    I'm certain they can work this out, they've both seen enough sorrow in their lives to not let this one major slip up keep them from the great thing they had and can have again together.

And of course it will be a big step for Danny to admit his true feelings, but now that Lindsay (who has been known to keep everything bottled up inside :rolleyes:) has already been brave enough to do so, Danny can not stay behind...

I make all Cosmos for free if we get just a hug or maybe a sweet kiss tomorrow night...:cool:

12. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

I'm holding you to that. :lol:

ITA. Add to that, I just cant see the show giving Danny any more angst this season. IMO if Lindsay tells him she cant be with him, it would devestate him.

Another thing I believe is that Danny wanted to know if she still felt the same way about him, remember she had told him in RND that she had to "figure out how to let that go" Thats why the look of relief on his face when she said "do you know how hard you are to love" I honestly think Danny wanted her to go over there so he could tell her how he felt in person, if you want to tell someone you love them for the first time, you don't want it to be over the phone, also from a shows point of view, its sort of lessens the dramatic effect of the moment.lol

13. vexus

vexus Pathologist

It's been awhile since I've been in here! :( Sorry about that!

I can't believe it's time for the finale (That strike just took up too much of our time!). And even though tomorrow will be the finale, this board will be busy in the summer!

Be back tomorrow (hopefully!) :)

14. eveninstarz14

Let's hope it stays busy, it has been extremely quiet here!

Any word on what is happening with Lindsay and Danny in the finale? I can't find anything! :rolleyes:

Dutch since I think I am legal in your part of the world, I will be awaiting that drink very eagerly! :D And I like your idea of locking both of them all summer long...keep them busy you know? :devil:

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Uh, right now I feel totally confused. Seriously, what was this for a season? :lol: I'm just laughing. I had ideas and theories and wishes when it began. But none of them came true, instead of that the exact opposite happened. I think I'll just stop speculating (I know, I said that 1000 times, but I will........promise...........).

Oh, and I still haven't seen Taxi, I even haven't seen the entire Personal Foul epi yet!

ETA: To cheer us up, we should really start a party again. No matter what happens in tonight's epi. We need to have a party! I mean, lets not forget what we already got in s3 and 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.