Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I was thinking that too, who is going to comfort who over the loss of Warrick?
    Gil did fight for him back in Season 1 over the gambling and Gil fought for now too to clear his name.
    Catherine and Warrick have always been friends, yeah, they could have had a hot romance but, to me, they have always been friends and Cath fought for Warrick just like a good friend would.

Now that he is gone, I'm sure they will find comfort in each other. (Is there anyone getting any fic ideas? :lol: ;) )

Let me just say that this finale was a total shocker! :eek: :wtf:

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Well I watched the finale, I couldn't wait until Tuesday, it was just too long... It truely shocked me... I can't believe Warrick got shot, I was like :eek: the whole way through... I think Catherine will take it badly, I'm hoping that Gil will be there for her, when she needs him...

3. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Well since Gil and Cath are something like the parents of the CSI "family", I'm sure that they will be really leaning on each other. They've supported each other over the years and I'm sure this will be no different. Maybe it will take this tragedy to finally make them see how important they really are to each other.

I keep getting this image in my head of what the season 9 premier should be like. I think it should start with everyone waiting for Warrick's funeral to begin and then fill the episode with flashbacks of who found him (I'm thinking it was Nick), what the team's reactions were, and how the investigation commenced. Of course, the case wouldn't be solved in the first ep, so the episode would end with everyone standing over Warrick's grave and vowing to find who did it. Cath and Gil would be in the middle of the group, holding eachother, and Nick and Greg would be on either side, but still having contact with their supervisors.

So now I'm off to write a fic...

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

It's always nice to know someone is up for a fic. :D

I think Catherine is going to take it badly, too. She and Warrick had always been close, and it must be hard to accept the loss of a close friend like this. I think it's only natural that Cath and Gil will lean on each other and help each other through this. They watched Warrick grow through the years together after all. I, too, think they should start the new season with everyone grieving instead of fast-forwarding to two, three months later.

5. Blondie18

Blondie18 Victim

^yeah I agree they shouldn't skip forward. TPTB have a perfect opportunity to get back the closeness of the team that has been lacking of late, especially between Gil and Cath. However I have an awful awful feeling that they are going to use the death of Warwick as an excuse to bring Sara back for a little while. If the first few eps of season 9 focus primarily on Sara helping Grissom I will be so annoyed

27dayz- looking forward to your fic :)

ps- how do I get an avatar on my profile? I am feeling very computer illiterate today, can't seem to work it out!

6. Sakura_Kiss

Sakura_Kiss Hit and Run

Warrick actually died? I mean, did he really die?

I don't really if Sara came back as long as she stays away from Grissom and focus her attention on Nick.

Focusing on the gang's thoughts about loosing Warrick would make a good season premiere.

Gil and Cath will definately get closer in the next season, their always there to comfort eachother.

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hey blondie. Nice to see you here. :)

To get your own avatar, just go to the "edit avatar" section of your user control panel here and upload your avatar to the server. It's quite easy.

I'm not sure if I'd mind if they bring Sara back. Basically, I don't mind the character, but when she gets romantic with Grissom, that's another story. It's the ship that annoys me, but the character is actually okay IMO. However, I just don't think TPTB would miss the chance to squeeze the "romantic" bit into the show, so to me, it's probably better that she stays away. LOL. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really think the episodes after the writer's strike (aka the Sara/GSR-free ones) are better than those before the strike and it makes me even surer that any canon ship would have become a distraction of the show and have it lose part of its focus. The only canon "ship" I'd love to see on the show is the Cath/Gil friendship. As for the romantic stuff, I think it's better left for fanfics. :)

8. Blondie18

Blondie18 Victim

thanks Erica will load an avatar after I've finished the essay I'm meant to be working on today. (Grillows leads to alot of procrastination where my uni work is concerned :)) Is it ok to take an icon from your site? Not sure how it works with crediting avatars made by others, and don't want to take liberties.

I agree about Sara, the character I actually like. Such a shame she can't return minus GSR

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Sure. Take whatever you like as long as you're sure it's made by me. And our ship leads to a lot of procrastination where many things are concerned. You see, it's Sunday night here and I'm working overtime in my office. I should be working really hard, but instead...LOL.

10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree with all of you about if Sara came back...although personally, I hope she doesn't because you know they can't have her come back without throwing the romance part in our faces:rolleyes:....I wish that if they had to bring her back, that when she first spotted Gil, he would be in Cath's arms.:D That would make for some nice cat fights:lol:....anyway, who knows how this will turn out? I just think that no matter what, Gil's going to be there for Catherine when she needs him and vice versa.:)

11. Stepherweps

Am I the only person in here, who really doesn't like Sara as a character? *Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone who likes her.* Even before her and Gil got together, she annoyed me as a character, I dunno, there's just something about her personality that I didn't like... Anyhoo, I really hope that she doesn't come back, that would be a worst case scenario for me...

I'm really hoping that we're going to get some good G/C moments, I think Gil will take it badly aswell, cause didn't he help Warrick through his gambling habit? I dunno, haven't seen the earlier seasons... :lol: I think it will bring the whole team closer, it'll be nice to see them working together, like they did after Grave Danger... Oh and I'm really looking forward to your fic 27Dayz, lemme know when it's done. :D

12. lilou

lilou Rookie

I'm like you. Before she became the gil's girlfriend i didn't like her. I can't support her caracter. So I don't want her come back

13. Stepherweps

:lol: Hi, I'm Steph. Same here, has there been any official talk of Jorja coming back or it is just speculation?

I think that season 9 will be a good season for G/C... Well that's what I'm hoping anyway... Lets hope the writers continue to give G/C cute little moments like they have recently. That'll make for a very happy Steph. :lol:

14. Blondie18

Blondie18 Victim

^Here's hoping. Although with this ship I hate to say- and like Cath said in season 1, I'm expecting the worst so I wont be disappointed, and maybe I'll be nicely surprised! :)

15. Stepherweps

I know what you mean, and I'm afraid that I'll have to agree with you, sometimes the writers can be nice and give us some nice little scenes and other times they can be really mean, and not give us any, but we never know, I'm atleast hoping that we'll see more of their friendship this season, like that of the earlier seasons, we need more scenes like those...

Oh and I'm sorry Blondie, excuse my lack of manners, I meant to welcome you to the G/C section, it's always nice to have new G/C fans, so Welcome!! :D *Hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.