"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sorry about all the weird coding. I'm not really sure what happened. I typed out what I wanted to say (since I was replying to comments from like four pages of posts) in MS Word and then copied and pasted. The coding just appeared out of nowhere. I edited it all out. I can't see it in the post anymore on my screen. Is it still there? Hopefully it's fixed now.

Someone else brought up Sara, I was just initially responding to that. And then I kind of veered off the subject. I edited out some things because after reading over it a second time (which I often do with my posts to check for typos), I felt that it was irrelevant to this episode.

Ah, chalk! I didn't think soot sounded right, but I couldn't remember for sure what it was LOL. Thanks for the info on Serpico. I knew I had heard that somewhere before. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember where.

I can't judge Gary either because I don't know him personally and don't know the facts of the situation. I only know what I read in magazines and the like... and those things are not always 100% accurate. I wish him well and much luck with whatever problems he is facing in his life right now.

Shocking ending aside, it was a pretty good episode. I too am glad we got to see who shot Warrick. Now I won't be obsessing about it all summer. All I'll be thinking about is how Warrick's death will affect the rest of the team.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

oohhh no, they did the right thing in showing him. It'd been a real damp squib if they hadn't.

I thought it was superb, the ending really was good.

3. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

My first reaction after seeing the episode: :wtf:!

Dr. Drake Ramore...:lol:

But seriously, I agree but it wouldn't just be ridiculous, it wouldn't feel right. Warrick is kind of a rebel who's gone through a lot and has had luck on his side many times. His luck had to run out sometime. It's sad but the way he died somehow just fits the character. That doesn't mean I won't miss him, believe me, I will.

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Fictional characters seem to have more lives than a cat, see Sara Tancredi on Prison Break, she's going to survive a beheading/head in a cage one :wtf: and there's a looong list...:rolleyes:

We know but the CSis don't know...yet.

I wondered the same.

I think I'm the only one who didn't pay attention to that, what I found weird was that the undersheriff was congratulating him as he was promoted or solved a big case instead of being mad at him for getting in trouble again, something more on the lines of Brass.

5. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

WOW amazing episode indeed. I had re-watch it soon after and you see how the plot was woven much better. (first time around I get distracted by drooling over Grissom!! :devil:)

I, for one, hope Warrick dies. :eek: NOT 'cos I don't like the character at all! It is just that it would dilute a brilliant ending! It made the most dramatic piece of CSI probably ever. I loved the scene of Mckeen standing back from the car and firing the second bullet. It was so old-Vegas, mobsters and reminded me of film The Untouchables.

About that.... Grissom is as Untouchable (as in incorruptible) as it is possible to be. If mcKeen killed Warrick 'cos he was afraid of Grissom's prodigy being so doggedly determine to find the bad guy... what is McKeen going to do now? Grissom willbe unstoppable in finding justice for Warrick's murder.

Will McKeen go after Grissom does anyone think?

He'd have to be incredibly smart about how he went about it? Or would he just try a "hit" on him like warrick? And then know that none of the other CSI are quite the threat Grissom himself is???

Anyone got any ideas? Spoiler?? It is terrible to be wishing the summer over!!!!!:rolleyes:

6. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I won't discuss this but the choice of killing him off. It forbids GD any prospect of return. They get rid of him it and in a way that means good bye and good luck, you won't have anything to do with us. It is so final.

7. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

haha, it'd be a good idea for me to watch it again as well :lol: I always spot other things and pick up on more with the 2nd viewing. Billy Petersen has a lot to answer for.

I did like how they sort of tied the whole Grissom - Warrick relationship from the very beginning. His protege, the one he'd taught, and then stood by when others where wanting rid, the whole 'his favourite CSI' thing. And then Grissom being the one sussing out what happened, and then telling him he was framed. The relief evident for both of them. It made the whole thing even more poignant, the hug, the ending.

And this whole thing gives 'em a lot of scope for next season. Cos for sure they are going to be hunting down who did this to Warrick. And indeed, Grissom being a target could be the path they go on. And we all know that William Petersen is going to be missing a chunk of season 9, so it could all tie in.

Anyway, that's all for over the summer talk I guess!!

8. CSIAHOLIC249

CSIAHOLIC249 Civilian

hello there my fellow csi lover. i would like to know how do you know for sure that the writers are going to kill off warrick ? tell me where i can find out this information. i guess it can be true but i don't want it to be so. why i say it can be true is because after he was shot in the neck, he turned his head and was shot again ,he saw that is was the undersheriff.to that is when he got shot a second time. i don't think they should kill him off big mistake

9. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

My guess is that while Gedda was a big fish in the LV underworld, he was small when you look at nationwide organized crime. With as many customers of his that were winding up dead, Gedda was attaching too much attention from law enforcement to make the mob higher ups happy.

BTW, I was pleased to see that I'm not the only one who thought how the events of this case cast a different light on McKeen's behavior in "Redrum." Also, we know have an explanation for his appearance at Lois O'Neal's birthday party.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Reminder For All

In the "Help Guide" since the day it was created it asks the following..
    Self Censor: When it comes to swearing we ask that you censor yourself (even just a little), since the board censors are not on to do it for you, there are many ways of doing this and I have faith that you all know what they are, this is not a general rule of the board, but something being asked by the moderators of this forum, because of the minors on the board (even if they already know it) its still nice not to constantly see swearing all the time.

We understand shock or anger, etc but please keep this in mind in the future. Thank you. :)

11. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I don't think McKean was going for making it look like a suicide in the first place. For one, he cleaned the gun before leaving it in the car with Warrick. He knows as well as anyone that a suicide wouldn't/couldn't wipe prints off the gun after shooting themselves. For two, why would Warrick roll down the passenger side window, only to shoot himself and blow out the drivers side window with the bullet? For three, the neck shot would be an odd place for one to shoot themselves, not to mention how the heck he could have shot himself the second time.

I think that he figures they'll think it was Pritchard that shot Warrick. Sheer speculation here but I'm thinking he even used Pritchard's gun and what is going to be the major hint for the team that it wasn't Pritchard is the lack of fingerprints on the gun. WTF would Pritchard leave his gun but wipe his fingerprints from it?

I hope it's Nick and I hope it's all on-screen. Can't say that I have the faith in TPTB that this will be the case, though. :(

Frank Serpico was a NYC cop that went undercover to bust up a lot of police corruption in the city.

Well I wasn't aware the writers would have her back until this thread. I'm hoping they don't have her back as a love interest for Nick because the idea that he'd want anything to do with her, because of her indirect connection to the events of Warrick's death, is absurd. That and the fact that the writers of CSI seem to think the answer to dealing with life's little traumas is to jump into the first inappropriate relationship that you can and I freakin' hate that.

I also don't want to see Nicky playing house with anyone because I think he ought to be consumed in trying to find Warrick's killer. Of course, this is all based on the idea that Warrick really is dead which I think it the only logical outcome. If he's not dead, well the show will have jumped the shark and I won't care what they do at that point anyways. :p

12. CSIAHOLIC249

CSIAHOLIC249 Civilian

to all my fellow csi lovers out there warrick is not going to die. the first episode in season nine will start like this he is found and rushed to the hospital they would spend hours operating on him or he will be unconscious all the while they are trying to find his killer.and two if he is expected to make guest appearances next season they can't bring him back as a ghost that ghost story is only good for one appearance think about it they would not kill him off just like that. grissom however will discover who the killer is and either catherine or nick will be right by his side helping him solve it every step of the way. if he were going to die you would off seen more blood gush out his neck. if he were going to die they (producers)would have let there be more bleeding out the neck. and there was no bleeding out the mouth no internal injuries.

13. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Serpico wasn't an undercover cop. He was a police officer who exposed wide spread corruption in the NYPD.

14. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I noticed that too! The lack of blood coming out from his mouth??? I'd really really really love Warrick not to die.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Did Carol said, there is a cliffhanger? I don't remember reading that if she said, cliffhanger. You can survived neck wound, only it didn't hit the artery, but it didn't hit Warrick's artery.

O/T- I watch Maury Povich show two or three month ago. This woman survived 37 stabbing, she was stabbed by her husband, now her ex. She was hit in the neck, forehead, chest and other thing too.

Back on the topic- He probably will survived, but he may to in the coma or something. We will have to wait and see when the show come back. There is no blood coming of his neck or the blood hit the window and there is no blood coming out of his mouth.