Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. JoJo222

JoJo222 Victim

Dear writers,

We need more Adam.
    That's it.

Yours Truly,
    JoJo

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Dear writers,

I would like to ask you one simple question: What the hell were you thinking while you wrote Personal Foul?

Besides the D/L crap (which I will talk about later on) the show was full with bad one liners more than usual, and it bugged the hell outta me, Hawkes is appearing on the screen more than 2 minutes, but he babbling evidence, how hard is to cut off some Lindsay and Danny sadness and actually concentrate on something worth seeing? Also, every episode with Adam in it scores 20 free points from me.

Please, do not kill Reed off, it will be another waste of a good actor, good character, good plotlines and good character interactions. Also, I want to know what happened to the sweet and cute Reed in the other season and why he is so changed now?

Yes, on with the Flack development, I agree with everyone.

On to D/L. Why did you have to make Danny look like a complete idiot again? Exactly when we thought that he finally got his balls back, you show us opposite. If season 5 is a remake for season 3, where Danny is back to chasing and pleasing Little Miss Walking In The Rain, the show will lose major points from fans. But the D/L crap will not make me stop watching CSI:NY because there are other people there that make it worth while.

No love whatsoever,
    Emma.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Dear Writers,

Ok, so I saw the description for the season four finale in the TV Guide, and I got the strangest sense of deja vu.

There's a hostage situation, and there's something "emotional" for two of the characters.

This sounds extremely familiar to me somehow--perhaps because it sounds like the show is re-using last season's finale as a basis for this season's finale. Different hostage situation, sure, but I'd be willing to wager a few bucks that the "emotional" bit has to do with Danny and Lindsay.

I suppose this is going to be the template for Danny and Lindsay for the finale from now on, just switching them around each season:

_____ pulls away from _____ because he/she is having emotional issues related to trauma. Then he/she gets over his/her shit and decides he/she wants to get close to _____ again. Eventually, they hook up!​

If the general viewing audience must endure Danny and Lindsay's f-ed up relationship for the sake of drawing in the young'uns, a touch more reality and a bit less 'using trauma and dead children to further their relationship at the expense of potential personal growth' would be great, in my humble opinion.

Actually, less of that and more Hawkes would be even better. Hill Harper's talent is going to waste on NY, and it's a damn shame. There's nothing Danny and Lindsay can do that Hawkes can't do--and possibly do better, at that. His milkshake may not bring the rabid fangirls to the yard as readily as D/L, but it's shameful to see him relegated to the background week after week.

I hope to be proven wrong about the D/L stuff when the finale actually airs, and I should probably have waited until then to comment, but the description just pushed my 'wait, wtf?' button and I felt compelled to say something. If I've erred in this, I apologize.

Thanks for your time,
    Fay

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Dear Peter: i only want to say you hi! and Thanks again for those wonderful previous episodes
    I was wondering if you could include some Smacked next season? please! We don't have much scenes per season to dream of, so would you consider give us Smacked scenes for the first time next season?

Beyond that, i m quite happy with everything

Be generous. We don't ask often

Hugs

your fan

Debbie

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Dear Writers,

When does Anna Belknap's contract run out? Because Kristen Dalton's Quinn character would be a fantastic replacement.

Love,
    Fay

6. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

Fay, we may not agree on much, but that was hilarious!:guffaw:

Dear Writers,

Please do not continue to use Flack as the 'stupid cop' who knows nothing, cannot come up with a decent suspect, and who must have everything explained to him like he is a moron. He couldn't have made detective if he were really that stupid.

On the upside, you've been doing a bit better about it this season, and I'm hoping Season Five we get to see Flack have an even better portrayal.

Yours Truly,

~Surreal

7. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

Dear Writers,

I first want to say "thank you" for an an great show. Despite some minor issues with writing,plotholes, and underdeveloped characters,this show is really good,compared to other shows on TV.

Having said that though,I would like to put in some of my thoughts that I think would make this show a little better:

1. Please do NOT introduce anymore reoccuring characters. I mean,at least until you can fully develop the characters that you have now. It's starting to get a little crowded on the show. I love Adam,Sid,and Angell-they all add something to the show and I would love to see more storylines built around them.The problem is when you have REGULAR cast members who we know nothing about after 4 years (Hawkes and Flack). If you keep introducing more reoccuring characters,there won't be any time to focus on the base characters of the show and they should be your first focus.

2.Having typed what I just typed about in #1,this kinda goes along with it:EVENLY develop the characters on the show. I understand that some characters are going to become more popular than others over time.This is natural. I understand that Mac is the boss,he will have more screen time and I think he should. But even with Gary Sinese's character excluded-it still seems to be uneven between the rest of the cast. On one end of the spectrum (besides Hawkes and Flack-who only dont get any screen time but who's characters are criminally underdeveloped),Stella seems a bit under developed as a character.I want to learn more about her,her past,etc.She gets good screen time,but I feel we really don't know her. One the other end of the spectrum-Danny. I love Danny,I really do and I even understand how he can appeal to the majority of your base veiwing audience, but he is starting to be overused. Put him on the back burner for once and bring your other characters to the foreground.And not just one-shot episodes,give the others a storyline that continues over 2,3,maybe 4 or more episodes so we can learn about them as much as we already know about Danny and Mac.

3.Romance.Almost any TV show on American TV-no matter what the subject matter is-is going to have some degree of romance or people being attracted to other people. Again,that's natural and it's ok to a certain extent-depending on what kind of show it is. Where it starts becoming a problem is when it is poorly written,ill-placed,distracting from the main purpose of the show and the actors have no chemistry at all together.When you find yourself with this situation on your show-and you ARE in this situation-fix it!Don't be affraid to pull these people apart and admit it was a mistake. Or, throw it in the background so it comes up briefly sometimes and then lets move on to something else.

4.The cases themselves are starting to become a little formulatic. Not as bad as your Miami couterpart but you're getting there.I figured I give you a little heads up. Try something new and exciting,with twists. Grittier.Despite what a lot of people say about season 1-it wasnt that bad (case wise).Try going back to where that direction was taking you,then. And maybe represent more of New York in your cases. Not everyone in NY is rich,white, straight. A little more diversity would be great.

All-in-all,A wonderful show with a great cast of characters.I can't wait to see what season 5 has in store.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  8. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

Dear Writers,
    What in the world was Sid allergic to? Because us Robert Joy fans went over it already. Eggs? Nuts? Something in the meat? Herbs? Give us an answer

Other than that, more Sid. Really, I love the guy, I adore him, and I've had great fun getting inside his head. But, it's been made clear enough that he knows Mac, and has done, for a while. When introduced to the show, the spiel for him was an off the charts genius who had recently traded in a career as a chef... I would have thought we'd hear more cooking analogies by now, or, he would have, at least, done something cooking related. Aside from nearly dying. While I think recently becoming an ME is a bit of a stretch, at least flesh out his back history a bit, for the benefit of all who love him and his quirky glasses. On that note, more quirky situations, and going to that creepy place. I like him where he is, in the morgue, but bring him out to a scene once in a while. I like his hats, and the look that he just bit blow away from all the excitement.

Yours, The crazy Sid and Ecklie writer in the corner.

(A little one sided, yes, but Hammerback lives in my head, and I do write as him, at a constant rate. I'd like to know, what he's allergic to, before I take him out to dinner in a future fic. Robert Joy is also a great actor, capable of hilarious displays of emotion, so I'd like to see more funny faces and elongated stories that no one but the fans want to hear. Or drinks with Mac!)

(Personally, one of my more obscure wishes is some more scenes with Mac, Stella and Hammerback. I love Joy's first appearence in Dancing With The Fishes, because there was this kind of friendly air between them all. Then again, I think I may have been the only Stella/Mac shipper who thought that Stella might sleep with Sid as a kind of need for love thing, while Mac was with Peyton. Either way, Mac, Stella, Sid, those three are geat together!)

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  9. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

I posted this a while back on the character pet peeve thread. Sorry! I only discovered this thread today, and I think this is it's proper place.

I do want to say that this season has come to feel like the "Danny Show". Or perhaps the "The Course of True Love Never Runs Smooth Show" :( It makes me so sad. With limited time each week, why is so much chewed up with the fauxmance? It's time to stop beating the dead horse and just bury the poor animal.

Come on, writers! You have a deep bench! Go to it now and again!

10. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

Thank you, Surreal! Apparently I'm not the only one this has been bugging!

In Trapped, didn't they give him the line "And for those of us with only a High School diploma?"

It's insulting.:scream:

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Please, please PLEASE end this chemistryless "Romance" between Danny and Lindsay. Please, no more romance period. I hate to be overly critical, but you suck at it.

What you do do very well is friendship. Look at the strong bond between Danny and Flack, Mac and Stella, Danny and Aiden (RIP) Stella and Hawkes, etc. WE need more of that type of thing. It will make the show better than romances.

Also, you have a very strong ensemble cast. Eddie Cahill as Flack, Hill Harper as Hawkes, AJ Buckley as Adam, USE THEM. They would make the show so much richer.

I would love some more stuff about Hawkes' past. He's been on the show since the beginning and we know so little about him. Also, I'd love to see him in more than just a couple scenes per show. He's smart, handsome, witty and works well with the rest of the cast. He is so underused.

Ditto Flack. I want to know more about his relationship with his father. Why is it "Ehhh, you know, the same." as he said to Gavin Moran in "The Fall?" Why can't he go home for Corned Beef Wednesdays?

I just want to see him more. I also want more backstory, especially before he became a detective. He's wonderful, he's another who lights it up any time he's on screen.

Also, how about more of the complete New York. It's five boroughs and eight million people. I'm sick of hearing about the glitzy, depraved Manhattan Elite. I wanna know more about The Bronx, Brooklyn Queens. Last I heard, they were part of New York, too.

I want more diversity, period. It's all upper-class, straight white people. What about the people of color, people with disabilities? What about LGBT? New York is one of the most diverse cities in the United States, let alone the world. You should show that.

You're doing really well, and I enjoy the show, but there's just some things you could be doing better. Keep up the good work.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I am so with you there. :lol: I was noticing Nancy Gail over at BlogCritics commented on that as well.

Can Mac please trade Lindsay to the NJ CSI department in exchange for Quinn? Please? :)

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Dear Writers,

You could learn a damn lot from the writers of Criminal Minds.

Please do so, before CSI:NY hits rock bottom and becomes the laughing stock of primetime crime drama.

Not sure if there's love left,
    Kimmychu.

14. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Yes, I'm with you on that. Criminal Minds is a very good show, and there is a lot to learn from there regarding storylines, character development, cases and everything.

15. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

Dear Writers,

Please write Lindsay's character out of the show, cos Lindsay Monroe is the worst character ever!
    Please give back us our "old" Danny. This whole D/L thing is just damaging the show. The changes that Danny gone through are more than I can take. So PLEASE!!!
    Oh, and not to forget the new hightech-style. NO! I repeat it: N-O! That makes the show (for me) ridiculous.

"LOTS of love",

Cape