"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. Mrs.RyanWolfe

Mrs.RyanWolfe Victim

I can't believe he's ______ either. It was such a shock, I thought they were gonna fire him or he was gonna quit but instead someone _______ him. I can't say it. RIP Warrick!

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

As we stated in the Spoiler Lab, a new lab for season 9 will be going up one week after this ep airs, this allows for people to gather all the info they may want to repost from the other lab or new places, or just shore up and add to anything they did have previously. - AS TO this thread no season 9 spoilers are not allowed, but it is split due to the fact that the show did leave a sort of cliff hanger, therefore with regards to the girlfriend thing, the discussion will go as it would in any normal discussion thread "Only As It Pertains To This Episode". Which means the flirting is fine to discuss, and being that the whole interaction took what about 1 min tops and I am giving some length to that time.

My Take On The Ep: Well the only thing I can add since this was an episode I got to actually watch, it wasn't too bad, I think thats almost the most I have seen of Warrick since the show started, almost. I don't know how it will be handled in season 9, but when it came to how the character left the show, they did it so that it could go any number of ways. BUT the one thing they didn't do and for this I am glad, they didn't have him kill himself off, that would not have been Warricks style no matter what mind frame he would have been in. As to Ecklie being on day shift, I think it was more a matter of making sure that warrick got a fair deal in there, heck he even told him to get an attorney, I am surprised that folks were unsure about the Undersheriff McKeen, as it was stated he would do anything to catch someone and at the sametime anything to save his own rear end in the process, either way as long as it benefits him. I rate it a 9/4 only because we see Gary do some great acting, Warrick we see alot through his eyes from the other side, and the cliff-hanger that isn't really a full out one.

Make you wonder though how those files found in the #515 Ep "King Baby" will tie in if at all. "Sy Magli, Sam Braun, Rory Atwater"? Along with some gaming commissioners, judges, pro athletes..." Could these come into play at all? and really where did they go anyway? I mean Sam was into all that [mob stuff] before he was killed. But it tis all speculation until we have season 9 lab up and something that might or might not lead us that way.

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I have to say that I knew when he got into the car and the undersheriff showed that something was going to happen but boy it still got me. I was like holy crap what just happened. I don't know what will happen but like most of you have said though, is we would like to see a continuance of this and not a fast forward out of it.

4. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

It would make me feel a lot better if during the next season, they nail the undersheriff's butt. Seriously. Maybe then I could stop thinking about Warrick dying for more than like two seconds.

5. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

Oh My God.
    I just watched the episode.
    The end got me so bad, my heart made a strange bump in my chest, and Im crying like a baby in front of the computer, I just can't believe it. OMG, this is simply purely horrible, it's the first time ever something like that in a tv show has that effect on me.

I'm so totally depressed right now, Warrick has always been one of my favorite, it's awful.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I knew the undersheriff was up to something look at when he leans in the window, one arm is propped up, the other hand hangs down out of view, that right there told me that something was about to happen and it wasn't going to be pretty.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

OK, so CM was right. This was a very shocking episode. I really didn't think they would kill Warrick (I am assuming he's dead), however during the diner scene when everyone was together and laughing and having a good time (like CSI of old) I began to get a bad feeling. It was like they are just too happy, something bad is going to happen. It was when the undersherriff (that SOB) knocked on Warrick's window, my heart began to race and I just had that feeling but I didn't fully believe it would happen until it did. I was shocked beyond words! The look of shock and horror on Warrick's face after he was shot just broke my heart.

Other than Warrick's death, this was an exciting episode from beginning to end. Gary did such a great job, Warrick's confusion was right on and believable. I love how Grissom stepped in and he and his team discovered the truth. Apparently day shift sucks as CSI's. But the whole thing was so bittersweet with Warrick being proven innocent by his team/friends and then to end up being killed, it saddens me.

I love how Nick was so defensive of his best friend, he knew Warrick could not have done such a thing.

I also loved how they are continuing the story arc about Greg and his book, he is finished and is going to see some publishers, I am anxious to see where this goes.

I will miss Warrick, but I am wondering if Gary hadn't been arrested would Warrick still have died? The scene I read with Nick and the waitress never happened, maybe it was re-written in order to add Warrick's death? I just get the feeling that it was because of his recent troubles that TPTB decided to wash their hands of him completely. Because there was talk of him returning for guest appearances in the future, I guess he still can if its in flashbacks or if he's a ghost. So sad.

8. alienor

alienor Police Officer

If it is the truth this is very sad because they really let him down. I cannot imagine they can do that knowing he is in trouble.

9. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Civilian

I totally think that Nick is going to be the one to find him. When everyone left but Nick and Warrick I had this feeling that Nick would be the last one there. I think next season is going to open up with Nick hearing the gun shot outside the diner and then running out and finding Warick there. What got me almost crying was when it showed Warrick after he was shot the first time and he was trying to figure out what happend. OMG that got me.

And I agree with whoever said Greg looked incredible last night.

10. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I thought McKean touched to top of Warrick's car palm down?

That said, on one of the recent CSI repeats on Spike Gil managed to nail a guy from a print of a small portion of the guys lower palm near the wrist. I forgot exactly how but I remember him being annoyed at the lack of prints other than that one and then something on it caught his eye... a watch or a scar or something.

11. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

It was too hot last night, so I didn't have the program on my mind.

12. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

I'm watching the end over and over, he's not wearing any gloves so he'll have gunshot residue, possible palm/knuckle prints, no silencer, wipes the gun off with his hankie and stuffs the hankie back into his pocket, doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get out of there after firing twice.

13. mrkokkinos

mrkokkinos Civilian

I just watched the episode, and after my first week at my new job... this lowered me from happy to crushed. Apart from Grissom, Warrick has allways been my favourite CSI. At the end of the episode i was litterally screaming "NO! NO! NO! F**K!" at the monitor as he was walking toward his car. The setting just screamed disaster.

I'm going with the assumption that Nick is going to strike out with the redhead and be the first on the scene and that they WILL get to the bottom of Warricks death.
    :confused:

I made a quick photo review of the last scene, but i have not included any speculation upon if he left some sort of finger/hand prints on the crime scene, since in my opinion it does not look like he was that sloppy. But anyways, here it is: http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6264/warrickcopyol9.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  14. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

great photos, seems odd to me that Warrick slumps forward when getting shot from his right, doesn't seem to be much bleeding either, no carotid artery damage apparently

15. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

What. The. F**k. I've been a passive watcher this season, watching all the episodes, but at my leisure and sometimes out of order. Today I decided to watch one, read the information on each, and decided this one would be interesting. What. The. F**k. I am in complete shock. As soon as I finished watching it I logged on here for the first time in over a year. I'm shaking my head. No.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2008