Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

:guffaw:

I'm sorry but after seeing her bang Danny on a pool table to settle a bet, TPTB are going to have to go some for me to believe that she is as pure as the driven snow.

2. Wolf359

Wolf359 Victim

:guffaw:And this is why I never took a drink when I read this thread while lurking, I would have had to keep a towel nearby to keep my keyboard dry. This was brilliant!

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Amen.

Seriously, the franchise is overflowing with talent. How did NY get stuck with Anna? Any why can't she be replaced by someone like Kristen Dalton, who actually has spark and fire and can act?

I'm all for the Lindsay spin-off if it ships her out of CSI: NY.

Mooootana Girl in the Big City, anyone? :rolleyes:

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

*LMAO* Priceless. And you're right, it's a very overused tactic which obviously didn't work!

5. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

Every F*CKING GOOD character keep dying in all CSI's (Speedle - Miami, Aiden - NY, Warrick, Jon Wellner - Vegas) why can't ONE fucking bad character die or be written out?

Go back to Montana cowgirl!

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

That is perfect! Then it could all be about her! Maybe the rain in NY doesn't suit her well, and then one Sunday morning while rain is pouring (yeah I know, Maroon 5) she decides that rain is a Montana thing and she must get home immediately. Then we will get the spin off Fay talked about and it would be all about rain and walking in it the right way, the Montana way ;) Maybe she should do a documentary for Discovery Channel.

7. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I do agree with the consensus who believe she delivers her lines wrong.

8. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

Running with this idea, why doesn't she spin off CSI: Bozeman?:devil:

Give her a couple of cowboys to make tracks, work on the mysterious UFO cattle mutilations, crop circles...ever seen a wheat field?:devil:

I'll be more than happy to help her pack!:thumbsup:

9. Top41

And it's a consistent thing, too--there are so many times her delivery sounds just flat and uninspired. And in the last episode, "Taxi," I have no doubt that line about missing being called Montana was supposed to sound wistful, but it just came off like she was simply reading a script--no emotion, nothing behind the words.

10. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I don`t think Anna is a bad actress,i`ve seen worse but I do get the feeling that she isn`t a good actress for a tv serie and more so for this role.
    While the lighter scenes don`t bother me,the drama is just too much.
    Sure the writers write the script but the actress has to bring it on to the screen.

I`ll be the first to admit that in the beginning a liked her.
    She was different and brought something new but over the seasons I started to get annoyed.
    Looking back at some scenes,I get the feeling that Lindsay is treated too much as a "princess"
    Which makes her even more annoying.

11. Top41

Agreed. I think she's fine in most of the lighter scenes, and I've wondered sometimes if Anna might be a better comedic actress than a dramatic one. I know she got her start in the theater, and stage acting is different than TV acting.

That irks me, too. Some of the things Lindsay has pulled are things that other characters would have totally been chewed out for. I feel like that's a ploy to get the audience to sympathize with her more, but it actually makes me like her less because I feel like she's getting more chances than other characters do.

If Mac had really laid into her about the evidence she left out in "Like Water for Murder," I might have actually felt bad for her. Instead, I found it frustrating that she got a pass because OMG, she's angsting over Danny. I felt like Stella really should have gotten on her case about leaving the crime scene in "Silent Night" because it really was unprofessional. Again, I (and Stella) would have felt for her when she revealed what was eating at her.

And it bothers me that Danny had to grovel to her for basically not sharing his grief with her. That felt off, and yes, like princess behavior on her part.

I gotta say, there have been many, many times I've tried to like her and it just hasn't worked because of her own behavior and how others treat her.

12. jolein

jolein Pathologist

That`s what i`m thinking too.
    Not every actress is good enough for being a regular on a popular serie.
    especially for a popular serie as CSI NY,you need a certain degree of acting.
    Anna works with some of the better actors/actresses and it shows that she just isn`t on the level of the rest.
    I never seen her in the theater(and probally never will) but everything I read about that and the enthusiasisme she talks about theater makes me think she is more fitting for that then for tv acting

And this is one of the reasons I started to dislike Lindsay.
    Danny has been getting his fair share of trouble,Hawkes had his,hell even Adam got chewed out by Mac.
    Yet Lindsay left the evidence out and walked away,she left a crimescene without explanation and more things and Nobody says something?!

Off all the people(besides Flack) Lindsay should have gotten of Danny`s back and give him space.
    Her speech was just overdone

13. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

No, no, no please don't ever send her over to the world of comedy that I know and love dearly :lol:. It's a lot harder than it looks.

I think she would make a decent if not good stage actor. All her over the top moments would translate a lot better on stage.

14. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

That what I was thinking that she may not be horrible but when you act next to the best and you aren't on the their level it makes you looke really bad...If you play basketball with Michael Jordan and you are just above average you are going to look bad, not because you are aweful but they are comparing you to someone(s) that are really good. (i.e. Gary Sinise, Melina, Hill....Etc)

Not to mention their is no letting facial expressions slide, because the camera in zoomed in on your face rather than 10 ft away which is the very closest an audience usually gets in theater.

Agreed 100% it's not fair that every single other character has had their issues with Mac except Lindsay even Stella, but it might just be because the character is so emotionally unstable that is Mac got even a little angery with her she would shatter.

She just seems miscast and like they thought she looked like a country girl but her playing one just never worked. She is trying to hard to make the character different from the New York naives.

Exactly it's as if Anna thinks you can just read the words on the page w/ no inflection and it is acting. She honestly sounds like she is doing a cold read a lot of the time.

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Nice analogy there! And it's very true.

This is true also. Anna Belknap did more theater work than TV work before CSI:NY, I think. The thing is, in theater, where you are far away from your audience ... doesn't it mean you'll have to even more expressive than you have to be on TV? If she's already as expressionless as she is on screen, what is she like on a theater stage?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.