"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

Great show last night. I was on the edge of my seat with my heart racing. I was very shocked with the ending and I believe we were told something big was going to happen, I just didn't think that shocking.

My overall gut feeling is that Nick will come out of the diner and find what happened and hopefully save the "day"

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I thought it was weird that the Undersherriff wiped off the gun and left it in his car. Why would he not take it with him and dump it elsewhere?

I liked how someone mentioned the scene with the other CSI's talking about Warrick, when they were trying to clear him. Their reactions were very within character and I liked how Greg was playing the Devil's advocate and how he actually mentioned him being in the same situation and the jury would only see Warrick as a rouge cop. It was nice continuity along with Greg mentioning his book being done.

3. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I think the undersheriff might have been trying to make it look like a suicide, but then part of me thinks that this is so, he did a sloppy job of it, because he shot Warrick twice, and dumped the gun in the passenger seat. He didn't bother to place the gun in Warrick's hand. Maybe he's just trying to make it look like a mob hit. Did the undersherriff use his own gun or was it Warrick's (technically Warrick is suspended, would he have turned his gun in to the undersherriff?) I wonder if Nick, still being in the diner (?) heard anything or saw anything. I wonder if the undersherriff will "conveniently" arrive on the scene to help with the investigation. Lots of questions to ponder until next season.

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

The gun was probably a disposable one... Remember when Warrick had that case with the glass elevator in the first season? It was probably a similar situation- a hit with a gun that'll only trace back to itself. I'll be interested to see them solving this case next season (hopefully).

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Now that's a good point, because when Warrick had that case where the guy was shot in an elevator (Table Stakes) and the gun was left behind, he said it was a mob hit because they leave the gun, knowing it's clean and won't come back to them.

ETA: Racefh853629, gmta! :D

6. Veze

Veze Rookie

Really Like the season finale

Greg meeting some publishers in 3 days!
    Seeing the team laughing at a dinner (been so long)
    Ecklie human and cooperative with Grissom and Warrick
    Warrick telling the undersherif that the "bastard" at the top of this mess his still out there and he won't give up (tells me Warrick still have a huge sens of justice even after all he's been through and sadly I think that was the main reason for his death)

I'm sure if Warrick have told McKean he'll give up and stop "investigting" by himself... maybe he'll still be alive. But telling the "bastard" himself that you'll tracking him down is not the best thing to do. Of course, Warrick didn't know the "bastard" was McKean. I really like that twist.

I'm also pleased that he was shot. Don't get me wrong. I'm sad and I know it'll affect the team deeply but we have seen Nick, Brass, Greg and Sara survived and I think the odds played against Warrick. You can't survive everytime.

I think Nick will be devastated and having a serious guilt trip for staying behind at the cafe. He'll be on a mission to found who dunnit to 'Rick.

The whole waitress/girlfriend thing is not appealing for me. And I figured if my best friend got killed when I stayed behind to flirt, I'll be done with that girl just because she'll remind me anytime of the fact. I'll wait and see how the play it next season. But frankly... no chemestry there between GE and Deborah...

Sorry for the long post and for spelling and all. English is not my 1st language.

Have a nice summer all, Is it September yet?

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I can't believe it took them so long to realise they had to take a blood sample from Warrick when he alleged memory loss to see if he was doped. It was unbelievable for me that the CSIs finest forgot that and more when one of them was involved.

Don't take me wrong, I don't want Warrick gone but if he survives all those gunshots in the head, it'll be really lame. I read that he'll be coming back for some guest appearences next season, maybe the spoilers were wrong about it or they'll be flashbacks.

Didn't you find Ecklie extremely nice all the episode?

Btw, I was surprised to see that the detective who interrogated Warrick was det "Dutch" from "The Shield".

Oh, no, we'll have to wait until September for new episodes !!! :(

8. Docslapnut

Docslapnut Civilian

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  9. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

Dizzney, I agree with you on Greg mentioning him being in the same situation. I like how they showed he could relate to the situation. The ending absolutely broke my heart. Even though I read the spoilers, my heart was aching and at the end, I just wanted to grab Warrick and get him out of there! I'm hoping and praying he somehow makes it. Maybe Catherine or Grissom or Greg paused for a moment to get his or her keys and heard something. Or Nick could have left the restaurant and heard the gunshot. I'm just hoping one of them was still near enough to hear and maybe rescue Warrick. I don't want him to be dead. There was a pause between the two shots? So one of them could have thought they heard something, brushed it off, and then heard it again before running towards the sound.

The way that guy just threw the gun in and walked away? That screamed evil to me. I wanted to strangle him! If he thought he could make it look like a suicide, he's wrong! If I could see through it and not see how the gun landed, then Grissom can.

This is going to sound totally crazy, but you know Greg's meeting with the publishers? I hope he'll be able to cancel that for another time. His teammates need him to help solve this!

And yes, Nick's girlfriend? I didn't think she looked all that young and I think it was just a way to keep Nick from leaving with Warrick, also. This is going to make Nick feel incredibly guilty because he didn't leave with Warrick. I could totally see him talking to Grissom or Catherine or whomever, and saying 'Why didn't I walk him out? Why didn't I go with him?'

Now I am going to get ready for work, but I can't stop thinking of Warrick. Why must we wait three more months?! I told my dad the other day 'the writer's strike just ended and now we are getting season finales.' I have a feeling a lot of fan fiction will be tiding everyone over.

10. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

But he doesn't even have to try. Being on Gedda's payroll, he's a part of the mob too, right? So even if he killed Warrick with a stapler, it would be a mob hit, just not a stereotypical one.

Some further thoughts I had:
    - Warrick at the crime scene looked like the Hulk.
    - I hope they don't go McGee on Greg (McGee on NCIS also published books, and it got him into big trouble...).
    - Will Greg add a chapter or P.S. to his book about mob Vegas in the 2000s? Or he dedicates the book to Warrick...

11. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

The ending was tragic, but you could almost see it from a mile away. But I think the biggest thing that will happen in the first epi of season 9 will be Nick hearing the shots from the alley and going to investigate it. Seeing Warricks car he runs towards it. I mean think about it. The diner was just down the alley you had to have heard it, and he was still contiplating the red head. "sighs" what a lose....but inevitable.

12. csilover

csilover Civilian

Hi! This is the first time I've been here and it is a really nice site. I'm so sad this morning after watching that episode last night. I'll really miss seeing him on the show. Hopefully, Nick does hear the shots and he gets saved and will be back on the show at a later date.

13. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

is there such a thing as a knuckle print or back of fingers print...the sheriff left some on the window that got rolled down

14. caz

caz Victim

well i only started reading fan fiction stories 3 weeks ago and its keeping me going :) i was never one for reading books but i just can't stop reading fanfics

I won't see last nights show till I get home tonight as im in the uk and fingers crossed its been posted online when i get home.

if not is down the pub till its online :lol:

15. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

I tried looking at my own hand but couldn't see clearly. However, after I did a google search, I saw that on CSI: Miami in a season six episode, one of the characters finds a knuckle print. So it must be possible. I didn't see that episode, or I don't think I did, so I can't say for sure if it worked. It is possible they were able to use it. The episode was 'My Nanny' for anyone who does watch it.