"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I'm Back!!!

that was for any of you who know who I am ;)

any way....Oh My Gosh!! I was sort of expecting something bad to happen as hhunter said, and to be honest, I'm currently writing a fic in which the Undersherif is the bad guy...you can tell I was stunned to see it was true!!!

any way, I'm sos ad that they did that to Warrick, and poor Nick, he will be devastated...and Grissom, oy.

ok well this is my first post in a wile.... and it's at the end of this season, I have a lot to catch up on, but I'm here now :)

once again, I'm so shocked at the ending...can't wait for the new season.

and might I add, that I was always proud of CSI for not getting rid of actors, and keeping the original cast for so long...I don't like new people...unless the guy replacing Warrick is Judson Mills, I'm not happy.

SMW

2. kerafaith

kerafaith Victim

The last thing the UC said to Warrick was "That's what makes you a great csi."

Before that it went something along these lines:

UC: "Grissom taugt you well. You never give up."
    Warrick: "No"
    UC: "That's what makes you a great CSI"

Then he shot him.

3. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow!

I knew when Rick was exonerated with more than ten minutes left that something was up. I was just sitting there, waiting for the other shoe to drop....then, Boom!

Can't say I'm surprised it was the Undersheriff. Something about him. Then, the scenes at the end of "Lying Down With Dogs" where we see someone say "He got suspended." It sort of looked like/sounded like him, now that I think about it. Also, last season during "Redrum." Obviously, there was something shady about him then.

I'm sure that they'll pick it up in the next season. Or at least I hope they do. The show's not as bad as CSI:NY for continuity, but it still has a few gaping holes. Note that there's not been any mention of Sara since the "You Kill Me" ep.

All in all, a good finale, with a nice cliffhanger at the end.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This was all a little weird for me. I mean, people are talking about the funeral at the beginning being a forshadowing factor. I didn't even think of that. CSI usually starts out with someone being killed, so that funeral didn't even dawn on me as a foreshadow. I just figured Warrick would be going to jail... though I kinda knew Grissom and the team would save him, but I figured he'd be charged and therefore no longer be able to be a CSI.

While I was watching the show, during the first twenty minutes or so, my brother came into my room to tell me something. He saw the screen and having read the article in TV Guide about Gary leaving the show (my brother doesn't watch the CSIs regularly) my brother said, "oh is this the one where he dies?" I don't know where he got that idea. He probably was just assuming that. I told him that I didn't think he'd die just be charged with murder.

I kinda got suspicious when Brass told Warrick "don't forget how lucky you are". That was just an odd comment to me because Warrick is anything but lucky. He's had so many things happen to him. The gambling addiction, the Holly thing, the corrupt judge trying to pull his strings, the divorce and his wife's supposed infidelity (not to mention her getting pregnant by another man) and now being framed for Joanna's murder and now Gedda's? Yeah, he was lucky that the truth prevailed, but still...

Anyway, I knew something was up during the dinner meeting. The way they had every character (before Warrick) walk out of the door so slowly, smiling like everything was peachy keen. Then Warrick walked to his car, I immediately thought "either his car's gonna blow up or someone's gonna be in the backseat with a gun". Then the tap on the window. I thought it was that dirty cop till it showed the guy's face. Then I thought, "oh, its just that guy". Then I started getting this vibe that something wasn't right with the undersherrif (I mean, I always thought he was an @$$, but only in the way I thought Rick on Miami is lol).

I knew Warrick was gonna end up getting killed or nearly killed, but when under sherrif shot him, I was still surprised. You know who I thought of when Warrick said the dirty cop had to be working for someone higher up? And I know this person isn't even on the force, but for some reason, I thought it'd be whatever guy Warrick's wife had the affair with. I thought maybe they wanted Warrick out of the way because the whole court thing with the lawyers and all was stressing Tina out or something.

I want to address the whole waitress thing, cause I've read comments here and I'm kind of wondering something. Why is everyone saying that the waitress looked like she could be Nick's daughter? Just how old do you think Nick is? I have a list of all the original characters' birthdates and Nick was born in 1970 something. So, the oldest he could be is 37 to 38 (depending on the month) right? That girl looked like she was 23 at the youngest. That's not anymore of a big deal than Grissom and Sara. Sara is 30 something and Grissom is in his 50s. There was probably a bigger age difference between Gil and Sara than between Nick and the waitress. The waitress kind of reminded me a tiny bit of the girl who played Charlie on Heroes (the waitress that Hiro liked).

I do think however that the scene was partial continuity (remember the ep "Stalker" with Nigel, he said he knew Nick liked redheads cause of the pic of Nick's prom date with her head on the toilet) and part of the setup with Warrick leaving by himself. I highly doubt this girl will return. I would think that they'd want to get a more well known actress to play a longterm girlfriend for Nicky. Nicky and Greg both need girlfriends though LOL.

Someone said they thought Greg looked gorgeous in this ep. He always does. I love me some Greg. I agree with the people who said why couldn't it be Sara to die rather than Warrick. Warrick is a character I could take or leave, but I liked him better than Sara personally. My dad can't stand Sara LOL. He was really happy when she left. I don't think he cared much for Warrick either (because he was always doing something wrong and then given more chances and basically getting away with the wrongdoing).

I was kind of hoping that the lab girl Mindy (is that her name? the one Hodges ticked off with the whole "clumsy yet buxom" game piece) would be the replacement for Sarah. I think she did mention that she'd like to be a CSI. She seems like an interesting character. And like someone else said, it'd be better to expand characters we're already familiar with than to bring on a whole new character that we have to get to know. There are too many changes already that we'll have to get acclimated to. I just hope Greg and Nick stay they are my two faves.

And on another note, I haven't been an Eckley fan in the past, but I actually kind of liked him in this episode.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

What a sad episode. :( Really, really well done, but incredibly sad. Poor Warrick. :(

I didn't cry (I was in a room full of people--the lone CSI fan!--who were waiting for Lost to come on), but I came close. It was such a sad ending. Very well done though, and very shocking.

Why do people think Nick is dating/will be dating the waitress simply because he exchanged looks with her? :confused: Is there some spoiler about that or is it just speculation?

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I so cant wait to see this episode... It should be aired in England on tuesday at nine pm on channel five.

Well the speculation was that Nick was getting a girlfriend, but if all it was was a look then...

:guffaw:

7. Inxs

Inxs Lab Technician

I wont watch this till Tuesday, so this may be a daft question but is it absolutely certain Warrick is dead. I guess it ties in with the problems Gary has been having off screen.

8. Sarrkazztic

Sarrkazztic Victim

I too think this whole storyline was rushed too much because of the shortened season...I would have preferred they drag it out into next season to really tell the story of how this all went down.

that being said....altho rushed...I really did enjoy it.

9. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Oh my goodness. The one time I don't read spoilers and it comes back to bite me. Really flippin' hard.

I'm in a bit of denial. I keep telling myself that maybe Warrick's not dead. His car wasn't parked too far away from the diner. Someone must have heard the gunshot. And then that undersherrif. I never liked him. I had just begun thinking that the episode was doing really well, and that maybe it wouldn't be too hard with Warrick leaving. Oh no. He's not leaving. He's GONE. :[ Very, very upsetting. I hope they at least mention him next season, as they did Sara. He was one of my favorite CSIs. *sigh*

10. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

QUESTION (sorry if it's been answered):
    -Why did the Undersheriff kill Gedda, and why'd he frame Warwick? And for that matter, what about Pritchard??? I'm confused.

11. Rome_Leader

Rome_Leader Civilian

Hey guys! I'm a die hard CSI fan, so I hate when I miss the little things. When Brass interrogates the mortician, the mortician holds up a piece of paper on which he has written "Lawyer".

When Brass crumples it up and throws it away, he writes something down too, which looks like a sentence, but I couldn't read it in time.

Anyone know what it said?

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I think it's mostly cause George himself is 41.

Brass wrote down and showed it to the guy, it read: You're under arrest.

13. jennis

jennis Dead on Arrival

omg the ending was totally shocking. I mean I was freaking out...mainly for the fact that i am a Warrick fan. I really can't believe that what's his name shot at him to make it look like a suicide. How could he do that? (ok im still venting from last night.) Anyways Nick with that waitress...do you think it's possible??

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think it is speculation mixed with overreacting. her purpose was to keep nick from leaving with warrick, and she served it. id be surprised if we ever see her again.

i never thought theyd have the balls to kill off a main character, but that was very well done. i didnt see it coming, when the undersheriff appeared i thought something bad was going to happen, but not that. when he said 'i dont want to fire you' i thought he was going to blackmail warrick into quitting.

the buildup had its highs and lows, as soon as grissom found the voids on the bloody shirt you know there is someone else that just needs to be found. it felt slow at times, not sure how they could have kept the energy and suspense up though.

warricks exit was fantastic, and well fitting for his character. they brought up his past troubles, and showed his obsession with gedda. they made it obvious he was in a very dark place, and likely has been for some time.

one last scene of the whole team together at the diner, thank you so much! that was perfect, they had one last happy moment. warricks death was shocking, surprising, and very dramatic. it will stand out in my mind for a long tme (as opposed to certain other season finale "cliffhangers"). he is really dead, my only fear is this is what will bring sara back. havent missed that one at all.

overall a pretty decent episode, and a very good farewell to warrick. best of luck to gary in the future.

15. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

for me the biggest thing is how Gary's trouble in real life was protrayed in the character warrick, making bad choices.
    I will him. I love warrick, he is a great character. How sad about his real life problems, I hope everything works out for the best.