Do you think there's any chance Lindsay knows about Rikki?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 12, 2008.

?

Does Lindsay know Danny slept with Rikki?

1. Yes--I think she knows

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Maybe--I think it's possible she knows or at least suspects he did

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. No--no way, she's got no clue

37 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oh god, I can so see that happening. :lol:

2. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

Is she telepathic now?

I say No. If he had pulled away recently then okay, but it seemed almost the instant Ruben died he pulled back from everyone. She has no real reason to think that he was sleeping with Rikki at least that I have seen. If I were in the same situation I would think they may be turning to self medication to numb the pain before without any evidence thinking he is sleeping around.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I don't see how Lindsay could possibly know about Rikki and Danny. For one, I'm sure we would have seen some sort of reaction to her knowing. If she gets angry enough with Danny over a turned down invitation for lunch and him not talking to her about Rueben, I could see her finding out about Rikki being a much more monumental conflict than "Oh I'm mad at you I'm going to refuse to talk to you about this."

Really, I dont see how she could ever find out about them unless she is told about it by Rikki or Danny, and seeing as Rikki is gone, it won't be by her. Danny, being the honest guy he is, might mention it...but i hope he doesn't. I hate the two of them in a relationship, and I've said that before, but i think having Lindsay find out about Danny/Rikki is going to only drag out the romance, and give Lindsay even less of a chance to stand on her own away from the D/L relationship. The only way to possibly save her character is to maybe try and develop her more, and D/L drama isn't going to do that for her.

4. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I think there might be a hint of suspicion in her mind that Danny is finding his comfort somewhere else and that this is why he's not confiding in her but I don't think she knows for certain, or even necessarily suspects it's Rikki.

Is it bad of me to say that I hope he does tell her? That way, she can scream at him before she flounces off to Mac and tells him how she can't work in NY any more. I mean, I hear there are openings in Miami, if she needs somewhere to escape to... :lol:

TBH, I just want the relationship drama to end. It's becoming an unwelcome encroachment into my viewing pleasure. Honestly, hands up anyone who thinks this has been a good development...for either character...

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I voted no. If Lindsay even suspected, I think she'll be treating Danny even worse than she already is, regardless of whether they're in a relationship or not.

Well, if that's the route TPTB intends to take, that just cements my theory that Lindsay's been in deep denial all this time about Danny, which also implies that they're not really in a relationship the whole time and she knows it.

I'm thinking TPTB may very well be saving this sort of plot for future drama. Yay. :rolleyes:

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I think she's clueless regarding Danny turning to someone else. For all she knows Danny's mistake was shutting her out of his grief, hence her behaviour in the last episodes.

I agree that she will find out, this is TVland and things like that always come up. I don't know if she'll find out from Danny's mouth. But if she ever does, I feel for Danny :lol: If she did a big deal from him turning down lunch, the poor guy has to face a hurricane :lol:

7. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I voted “No”.

Not just because I haven’t seen it, although that does play a part. I just think with all that has happened (or not happened) between them since he slept with Rikki and Lindsey bawled him out, more or less in the same episode (although we were led to believe that D/R scene was not the first) it would have come up. A sarcastic remark, especially with all those cheerleaders last week!!

Yes she may have realised something was “wrong” hence her bawling him out in the first place and laying her cards out about how she feels, she may have even considered the possibility of another woman, but I agree with Elsie that her ignoring him and not wanting to have the talk is more through fear of hearing the dreaded “it’s not you it’s me” (Oh the irony!!:rolleyes:) or the “I’m just not into you like that.” speech.

Which is fair enough, who wants to hear that from the guy you are in love with.

Does she know about the afternoon where Danny disappeared? (if she does and I have forgotten then I realise this point is moot) I know she knows he disappeared, but does she know he went looking for Rikki and what happened? Flack knows and I would now assume that Angell knows some of it at least?

I can’t imagine Flack telling Lindsey what went down, he is far too protective of Danny (let’s face that stunt could have cost him his job or - more likely - a severe reprimand) so I can’t see him just throwing around a story like that.

Danny has pushed more or less everyone away, he accepted their condolences but he still shut up shop.

My personal opinion is that Lindsey doesn’t know a lot about what has been going on with Danny (Rikki included) and she knows at least that much, the birthday and refused lunch were what pushed her to say something.

8. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I can't imagine that Lindsay wouldn't know about it, and obviously Flack isn't that protective of Danny if he told Angell about it. There's no way they could have kept that a secret anyway. Mac and Stella probably know about it as well.

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I voted No. Quite frankly, I think that Lindsay has been so ego-centric and self-absorbed, this season in particular, that I don't think she would think that far outside the box re: what's wrong between she and Danny. I don't think the thought that he has turned to someone else for comfort and companionship has occured to her; she just knows that he hasn't turned to her for it, and that's the long and short of why she's angry, IMO. :rolleyes:

I have never seen them as a proper "couple", only friends with benefits who shared a drunken night of sex on his pool table and possibly some other casual dates and casual sex, so I don't view it that Danny cheated on her. However, if the writers insist on traveling the "Relationship" route in future eps, then I suspect she will more than likely find out about it, whether it's Danny feeling bad and telling her honestly about it to get it off his chest, or perhaps her somehow finding out by accident, hard to tell how it'll be handled (if it even happens).

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i think she has some kind of idea but at the same time i think no she doesn't know about Danny and Rikki.

i agree with you MBGrissom a bit that Lindsay does seem a bit ego-centric of late.... well maybe not in that way but she seems to be folding into herself and not letting anyone in. i love Lindsay as a character but sometimes she can drive me nuts and she is a bit with this whole situation.

D/L just need to talk it out about the whole Ruben/Rikki thing and get the soap drama cleared out of the way.

11. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Whilst I see your point, I mean the guy goes AWOL from work because a greif stricken mother steals his gun to shoot the b*st*rd that shot her son, would be pretty hard to cover up.

I meant it in the sense that, if Danny is shutting Lindsey out then that is something he definitely wouldn't want to talk to her about (even though she covered up for him). I can see ihim thinking that she'll just think he's unravelling. After all he did get in between Rikki and the Ollie Barnes (?) practically blaming himself (thats a whole other thread me thinks).

I'm not saying Flack told Angell, it's just he asked her to lead Rikki to booking whilst he spoke to Danny (my assumption is that she may have found out some of the details that way?). Flack said he phoned ahead and that she'll walk through (expression I didn't understand) and that she won't even spend a night in the cells. That said to me that Flack handled everything personally to keep it as quiet as possible.

I agree that Mac probably does know, he is after all Danny's boss (but Lindsey lied to him) if he knew, whilst I'm sure Mac can forgive in special circumstances, I'm sure something would have been said to them or discussed between each other if it was known... Mac has dealt with Danny lying in other circumstances and so on, I just think we would have been shown, but with TBTP this season, who knows! :rolleyes:

Again this is all my opinion of how this whole storyline fits together, I just think if Lindsey was more clued in about what has happened leading up to this point maybe she wouldn't be so angry, if indeed you (in the wider sense of the word) think she is in the first place... I feel like I waffled, sorry.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  12. febgrl24

febgrl24 Dead on Arrival

I don't think Lindsay has any clue about Danny and Rikki. If she did, I'm sure she'd probably be throwing more of a hissy than she has been the past few episodes she and Danny have had scenes together in, IMHO. Even though I don't really believe Danny cheated on Lindsay per se, he should still tell her about what happened btwn him and Rikki. What D/L had may not have been a "real" relationship in every sense, but I believe Danny owes Lindsay the truth.

13. CSIFan119

CSIFan119 Hit and Run

I don't think that she knows if she knew she would have a lot more anger with Danny and she probably wouldn't be talking to him at all unless she absolutely needed too.

14. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I voted no. I don't think she has a clue. I don't even know how much she knows about the whole thing other than a kid from Danny's apt complex died from a stray bullet shot by a bodega owner. Would he have told her there was no father figure in Ruben's life and that he only lived with his mom so that she would suspect he and Rikki might see each other? Not sure. The D/L relationship is a mess in itself so I think details like this didn't keep the writers awake at night.

15. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

OK, so I am a bit late to the poll but better late than never! I voted that she does not know about Danny and Rikki. I am pretty sure that it would have been mentioned in the talk in 'Personal Foul' - i know I would have if I had been her :devil: And I do not think that she would be willing to talk so emotionally with him if she had just found out about Rikki.

Danny seems to be ready to talk and recognises that what happened with Rikki was 'bad' given the circumstances. I would like to think that Danny will tell lindsay about Rikki, as I do think that they (D & L) were in some sort of a relationship. Whilst I doubt that we will get to see the talk (which is fine by me) , i hope that there will be some sort of indication that she knows at least.

Last edited: May 17, 2008