"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. NickyStokes

NickyStokes Hit and Run

It's funny but I have always had a feeling the damned undersheriff was the mole...tonight confirmed it. When they were gathered for a meal at the cafe, I had the feeling we were looking at the 'last supper' there as everyone went their own way. What was with the waitress flirting one minute then disappearing to the back of the restaurant the next I'm guessing she's involved in some measure. I wish it would come out he's not dead but I have a feeling, when it comes to the end, Gil will hang the bastard himself...

2. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

They didn't find that cop that framed Warrick, I'm guess the undersheriff killed him too.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i wasn't expecting anything like that at all. i thought that the investigation was the main shock of the episode. in the end we see the whole team together having dinner, just like in Strip Strangler, a music in the background suggesting we'll see some personal moment, and McKeen shows up. i was suprised by what he was saying, after all he never seemed to like Warrick. when he shot him, i had my mouth agape and i couldn't believe my eyes.

kudos to CSI's TPTB. guys, after 8 years of a procedural show, you are still able to shock and give us unexpected stories. all i have to say is 'wow'.

idk, but i still have a feeling he'll live :p if not, oh well, the S9 premiere is going to be interesting anyway.

ETA:
    and i loved the Grissom/Warrick friendship in this ep. the hug was the awesomest.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I don't have much to say about this one other than:
    - the CSI in peril/trouble is getting way overdone for a season finale
    - I've always know the undersheriff was an a$$.
    - has Ecklie been demoted to dayshift?
    - I thought the CSIs didn't have handcuffs, yet Warrick's were on Gedda?

and did anyone else get hints of the old CSI tidbits?
    - eating at the diner (end of season 1)
    - Cath & the bacon (also season 1)
    - Chloroform (crate n burial episode 3)
    - The death of a CSI (the pilot)
    and they finally got the Cath/Warrick kiss (even if it was on the cheek, it was still sincere!)

my full episode review is here

5. mortimer

mortimer Victim

I don't think Warrick will die, they may pretend he died to try and smoke out the mole, and the whole team is in on it. Hopefully that is the case.

And isn't it odd, when Catherine was drugged and abducted, she was with Nick and he left her to go with a girl now when Warrick is getting shot he is with another girl. Bad things happen to his friends everytime Nick gets involved with a girl.

And isn't it nice we possibly loose a CSI but Nick gets a daughter, I mean girlfriend, what a fair exchange don't you think.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

The thing that makes me question if he's alive is the fact of Gary's leaving. But we'll have to wait and see. I just hope they don't pull a soap opera "he's in a coma" and leave him for several months. It'd be nice though if Gary got things squared away and then Warrick came back for a guest spot like in a wheelchair or something. That would keep him alive but explain why he's not a CSI anymore.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Warrick was never charged, that is why he wasn't fired. But i thought it was even if he was arrested or a suspect...hmmm, some bad continuity there.

Well, considering this was his last eppy, i would say he is toast. It would be kind of dumb to have him survive, but not actually be in the show. I think that was a good send off...it made sense to his character, and tied in stuff right from the pilot. I thought it was good that he got killed by the undersheriff than just a gangster.

I know people don't like it when characters get killed, but the ending was not chiche and an overdone one, like in 'Dead Doll' with Sara. That was so unbelievably stupid. Even though i definitely knew he was toast, once i saw the funeral at the beginning...since it was foreshadowing his death, the end was still pretty shocking. I wasn't sad like with Speed...where i was balling for a good half hour after he died, but more shocked. The resulting storylines hopefully will be excellent. Vegas is pretty bad at continuity though...

At least Warrick didn't kill anyone, so that was good. I can't help but think my reaction to this one would be different if all the personal stuff with Gary hadn't been going on. It really put a damper on it. And it didn't help that some of the storyline was paralleling real life. He needed to leave the show...and they needed a character death to shake things up.

I thought Warrick grabbing Grissom for the hug was funny :lol: Vice clamp...

Hey, Greg's book is finished! Good for him.

oh, yeah forgot to mention...i can't believe Grissom was pulling to get Warrick his job back. Yikes man, these are not simple mistakes...they are major, he clearly shouldn't have been let off the hook. But clearly the undersherieff never intended for him to return to work.

8. VaveAma92

VaveAma92 Police Officer

I bawled!!! I haven't watched CSI for the past two weeks due to school and the only spoilers have been in TV Guide magazine.... I totally didn't see that coming. I can't believe the effing under sherrif did it! Okay, I can but, get real man! They just proved that Warrick was framed and was not guilty when nearly every scrap of evidence pointed directly at him! You think that Grissom won't figure this out? oh no. CSI is not ending til we put this jack a$$ behind bars! Or, I mean, the CSIs do. Yeah, got alittle carried away there Vave.

Still, my hand was over my mouth. The tears flowed as I watched in SLOW motion as Warrick was shot through the neck. And as McCean shot him twice more (or was it 3 times?) Anyway, this was a depressing early birthday present.[​IMG]

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I was thinking that too. He got left off again? Too much!

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

oh, and i hope they show the CSI's immediate reactions to his death...i hate when they skip forward several months or weeks after a death. It sucks...show the funeral!

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I second that! Also, how do you think this will affect Nick? Warrick's his best friend and if he would've went out with him at the same time then....well who knows? Sure it would've happened sometime but.... Nick's going to feel guilty not to mention how it will affect him just the death of his best friend. They better show that, he can't just let it go, he's not like that.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

one thing I just thought of as to how they SHOULD have ended it -
    after the undersheriff shoots Warrick, they should have had Nick come out of the diner to follow Warrick and Nick shooting the undersheriff. (then fade to black - end of season)

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Actually, I think Warrick still had a job because Ecklie and Grissom fought for it. He was supposed to be dismissed, but they managed to get him just suspended and demoted. Or at least that's what I got from Grissom's speech.

Now that I've had a chance to regroup...

I think Warrick's going to die. If he does manage to make it somehow, he's going to be paralyzed. The first shot went through his neck- a through and through. The second shot, who knows. All I know is McKeen doesn't appear to be a good shot, if he was trying to kill him.

The part with the waitress was setting up Nick's relationship for next season, and probably allowing Warrick to be alone. Anyone else think it was strange he had a toothpick in his mouth the entire time, though?

I liked the team reaction to it. I think it was appropriate. Nick and Catherine were passionate about his innocense. Grissom was calm and collected, but on Warrick's side. Greg was the most impartial, playing Devil's Advocate. I think it fit well with each character's relationship with him. He was really close to Nick and Catherine, was friends with Grissom, and had a good working relationship with Greg, but not much indicated that he hung around with the younger CSI. I think it was very appropriate.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think that was to make him attractive to younger women. :lol:

Kidding, but really, it was strange. A lot of things are strange on this show lately tho.

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

That would have been good, but face the facts the writers have to give us something to think about to hold us over to the next season.

I'm actually looking forward to the next season, with Warrick gone, maybe Nick and Greg will get close ...

But come on ... when Nick tried to get a hug ... Grissom freaked ... "STOP HUGGING ME!" :lol: JK