Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

That would make alot of sense, considering how quick the character shifted from being that tough girl to the angsty clingy one we have now. Whats weird though is I think the angsty clingy Lindsay is worse than the original. Anna Belknap seemed to be doing alright (at least for me) with the tough tomboyish kind of character. The Big Dark Secret certainly wasn't handled well, but I think that would have been the same with either Lindsay, tough girl or tomboy. If the writers were changing the character to suit Belknap, I would think a better move would have been to simply to drop the Big Dark Secret, instead of simply using Danny to prop her up in season three.

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

So....in Taxi tonight, was Lindsay's "i miss being called Montana" thing supposed to be a real, actual sad reminisce about Danny not calling her that?

It sounded like she said it just because it was on the script and its what she had to read next...I didn't really see a certain emotion she was supposed to have while saying it...

3. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Agreed. That seemed so forced and lacked anything in the delivery. I was totally unconvinced of anything and truthfully, having Sheldon call her Montana just skeeved me... :wtf:

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Maybe it slipped out because he was thinking, "I wish you'd f*cking go back to Montana and stop taking my screentime, betch!"

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^ :lol: Please, Hawkes, send her back! Please! :lol:

It's like she's just reading from the script--no emotion in her voice or face. It was the same with Mac when he was hurrying her along to find Reed's location--no urgency, no response to him. Her lack of talent continues to amaze. :rolleyes:

6. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

:lol: Could be...

Seriously though, it seemed so totally inorganic. Pet names just happen and that just...er...didn't...

*promises to start talking sense at some point*

7. Wolf359

Wolf359 Victim

I've always been kind of been "meh" about Lindsay but tonight she really annoyed me. There was no urgency when giving her findings; no sense that she was as worried about Reed as everyone else.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed, and that really affected the scene given how urgent everyone else was with regards to the whole situation. It just highlights how out of synch with the rest of the cast she is.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was just thinking about the scenes with Mac and Reed in the hospital, while leaving the hospital and in the cab. Kyle Gallner conveyed so much without saying a word. Anna Belknap could never even come close to pulling off a scene without words - the thought of her even trying to do that makes me both :eek: and :guffaw:- yet Reed is a recurring character and Lindsay is a main character. :wtf:

10. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Dead on Arrival

I agree completely. In fact, when the killer put the woman's body in the trunk with Reed, the terror in Reed's eyes was heartbreaking and the glazed over look in the woman's dead eyes made me think of Lindsay. What is the term I've seen used around here? Dead Fish Eyes of Doom?

11. Faylinn

It always boggles my mind that we can get guest stars like Kyle Gallner and Kristen Dalton, but we have to watch Anna every damn week.

12. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: So true I mean come on Hill really need a great storyline next season

That is what I was thinking Kyle did an amazing job of making you feel the desperation of being in the trunk working off of nobody and through duct tape.

The dead body gave a more convincing role in the trunk with Kyle than Anna did working of a cast of wonderful actors she has known for years. By this point she have gotten better not worse.

13. Faylinn

You know what, I've changed my mind. Lindsay is awesome sauce. In fact, she's so awesome sauce that she should get her own spinoff. Then she'd have her very own show to fill with her awesome sauceness. A show aaaaaall about Lindsay.

And it would be so sucktacular it would bomb, but at least CSI:NY would be free of her.

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

I love you, Fay. Thank goodness I wasn't drinking my soursop juice when I rad that! Yeah! If she's so awesomesauce, she should just go and get her own spinoff! Then we'll see just how awesomesauce she is!

And that'll please everybody! :guffaw:

But yeah ... who else thinks Anna Belknap's stylist is out to get her? :wtf: Something ain't right somewhere when the haircut gets worse by the week, ya know. And I have to second the statements about the utter lack of emotion on Lindsay's part in contrast with the rest of the team. It's as if the rest of the cast are just fine inhabiting their characters, but Belknap, man, it's really like she's just reading lines off a script and believing that's acting.

15. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

Absolutely! Each week she looks worse than the week before. This week it looked like rats had been chewing on her hair.

I think they really jumped the shark with her this week. White shirt with Blue over blouse?:confused::confused::confused:

That is such an overplayed PR tactic. Put a woman in blue and white just like all the little statues of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Instantly she is assumed to be good, etc. After shoving her down our throats for 3 seasons, now they are really trying to "reinvent" her.
    :rolleyes::brickwall:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.