Grade 'Taxi'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 14, 2008.

?

How would you grade Taxi?

1. A+

23 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. A

23 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. B

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

He was only contractually obligated for 13 episodes this season, I think, and we've been lucky enough to get him in more than that. I don't think he'll be in every episode next season or end up in the opening credits--but I do hope he gets at least one episode to shine. He had "Snow Day" to an extent last season, and "Down the Rabbit Hole" to an extent this season.

They signed him as a series regular, albeit in a smaller capacity than the others. It really shouldn't be a matter of excluding him in favor of the 'team' when he is, in fact, part of the team now and should be included. Mac used his name last week, saying that nobody worked any other case until the serial killer was caught, but we never actually saw Adam work the cabbie killer case.

That being said, it was nice to see Angell back again, since she's not listed in the finale. She's another character I hope they bring back next season. I assumed she was gone forever after disappearing last season and only appearing as a name but not being there--so to see her this season was a pleasant surprise. I hope they can keep Emmanuelle around. :D

ETA: I thought about Reed's parents a few minutes ago when trying to figure out his personal timeline (he's 23? When did he learn Claire was his mother and living in NYC? Before or after he started going to college there? If it was before, why did he wait so long to 'find' Claire? Etc)--it was mentioned that he was born in Chicago, so maybe he grew up there and his parents still live there?

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i gave another A+

woah :eek: exciting eppy. Had me on the edge of my seat. Gary Sinise was fantastic as always! The acting for everyone was pretty great.

That was a great ending to the continuing storyline. I am surprised that wasn't for the finale though. I liked how they didn't really show the killer's face or identity at all until the very end. Even with him caught, we didn't really learn that much about him. That made it more of a mystery, and to parallel what the new yorkers were feeling...it could be any cab driver.

The ending was cheesy...i thought it was a little mean for Mac to shove Reed back into a cab :lol:

Reed was fantastic in this eppy. He isn't too smart for his actions, but people get ahead of themselves when trying to succeed, as Stella pointed this out. The scene with Mac getting mad at him was great, ohhh...he was pissed. I was afraid he wouldn't make it, and glad when he survived.

Glad to see Quinn back, i kind of like her. I thought her character would be bitchy, but its not! Yay for some realism.

3. Gouvy

Gouvy Victim

I understand what you're saying about contracts and whatnot but my brain is just going "blah blah blah where is the Adam I care about little else."

The little else it cares about seems to be whether Flack and Angell are secretly dating off screen or if they're still just flirting so much that I'm going to die and not actually acting on it. That's pretty much the main reason I'm happy they used her tonight because it makes me believe they haven't totally forgotten about that whole deal.

4. Faylinn

Haha, I know--I ramble about the contract because I don't want to be a whiny brat and be like, 'DAMNIT MOAR ADAM NAO!' :lol:

I don't think Flack and Angell are secretly dating--I got the feeling from...somewhere (wherever I was reading about the fact that attractive, single co-workers flirt--an interview?) that they are just flirting but not actually dating. I think at this point it's the better choice since it works, ya know?

ETA: Oh, and can I just say how much I love that the cabbie killer was played by a male model? :lol: At first I just scoffed, but the guy did a damn good job!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  5. Gouvy

Gouvy Victim

That makes sense but my Criminal Justice professor gave us this big lecture one day about how much time you spend with your partner and if it's a male/female team it's not uncommon for them to have a less than professional relationship outside of work.
    Also I want Flack to get a girlfriend because except for that ho he was making out with in You Only Die Once he doesn't really seem to have much of a personal life. Except for the obviously being in love with Danny thing of course :p.

6. Gouvy

Gouvy Victim

It posted my message twice because my internet spazzed. I don't know how to delete?

7. Faylinn

Well yeah, but I doubt they'd have them date at this point simply because flirting is cute and funny but doesn't require them to put forth much effort beyond that. :lol: One bad romance on the show is enough. :p

[random] Speaking of Rachelle Lefevre, I hear she's in the new ABC version of "Life on Mars", and judging by the promo pictures, wearing lots of high-waisted 70s pants. :p

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

B.

Positives:

- Plot was pretty solid.

- The different tracks with the evidence tied together nicely.

- Great supporting cast.

- No D/L drama.

Negatives:

- There are second-tier network shows that produce better green / blue screen than the scene at the end. Disgraceful.

- This episode was overly Mac heavy with no real need for it to be so. I like Mac stories, but I think in S5 they really need to find a way to balance the load over all the actors better.

- It seemed a little crammed in towards the end, and I think there was some sacrificing of the story to get it into the 45 minutes.

9. Wolf359

Wolf359 Victim

Hi I'm a newbie! I gave it an A+. I like Reed and was glad that he didn't die. Angell was awesome! Gary Sinise really played Mac's frustration and worry over Reed well. These are the types of episodes that made me fall in love with CSI:NY

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

A

Great action, nice flow; great twist from us thinking Reed was kidnapped to being used by his source/cab killer as a pawn to have someone else killed to Reed being kidnapped after all, and Mac and Reed were great together.

Loved how all leading women in this episoded were so emanicipated, Angel saving Flack, Stella glaring down a garage full of cab drivers, Danny pushing buttons and Lindsay getting dirty under the car, Quinn and Jordan demanding answers...Such a complete opposite to that stupid woman who let herself get talked into that cab...

One question though, maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but how did Reed know he was in that brewery?

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'll give this episode a B+. It was good, but to be honest the killer disappointed. After such a build up it wasn't all I hoped it would be. That's not to say that there wasn't some great moments in there, I did enjoy it and there was definitely some lovely character moments in there.

As I've just written a post in response to the episode review in the news section, this is an extended version of that post. :)

I have to agree with Kristine's review of the episode, that the killer ranting at Reed was odd considering his otherwise calm and methodical behaviour. I think the mental patient's notes mentioned something about 'religious fanaticism' so yes, even though none of this was mentioned again in this episode it presumably is the same guy.

I'm still surprised that, given the patient notes, the piece of gravestone and the carvings, none of the team had previously considered that perhaps it was a reference to Leviticus. I would say it's a fairly well known biblical passage, and of course Mac can even quote it. Not that them working that out would have helped, but it still irked me a little that our incredibly intelligent and talented CSI's are sometimes a little slow on the more obvious things. And whilst being slow on the obvious things they always manage to find the most ridiculous and unique bits of evidence which help them on their way. I love it, it's one of the things about CSI: NY that I've come to expect in every episode and as goldnhart said, it is often far fetched. :lol: Monkey pox, special motor oil, yeast, a guy living in an old fire house (?) that happens to be in the path of the specific smell that only comes from one factory (or however they ridiculously found the guy, you get my point). :lol:

I really loved Reed and Mac's interaction in this episode. I think the ending did show that Mac certainly has very strong feelings towards Reed, and I like that he doesn't really know how to handle him. Kyle Gallner's performance was great. I was surprised that he hadn't been kidnapped, and more surprised that he didn't assume that the guy he had met was the cabbie killer. I can see how he desperately wanted the story for his blog, but he came across as the bratty, annoying Reed from the last few episodes. Luckily I think he redeemed himself later on, but he must be feeling rather guilty about the death of the police officer, even if, to be honest, it was carefully engineered by the killer. Hopefully Reed will learn from his mistakes and move on. I don't know if we'll see Reed again, but I'd like to think that if there is a storyline out there that could use him they will bring him back. :)

Flack was awesome, as always. I loved it when Angell pushed him out of the way, it was rather unexpected. And I loved that he couldn't describe the cab as anything other than a yellow cab. Poor Flack was not happy and he seemed to go straight to Danny for some support. :( Of course Flack was quickly back to his usual self at the cab company, you can't mess with Detective Flack! Flack and Angell asking for a flashlight and gloves. I don't know why, but I loved it. I was worried about the state of Flack's suit though, he might have got all dirty down on the floor!

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about Jordan and Quinn being in this episode. Both seem under used, and I can appreciate that they both had small parts to play in the case, but it seemed a bit odd to me.

Finally, the 'Montana' reference should have been removed in my opinion, it was completely pointless. But I did like that Lindsay and Danny managed to have a scene (processing the cab) without any silliness taking place from either of them. Hooray, they can work together without having to mention their 'relationship' or anything else. About time.

12. lilou

lilou Rookie

I' don't like the two news caracters Quinns and Jordan. It's like there are "the nice news" and "the bad news". And I prefered see adam or more scene of Hawkes. Like with other CSI series some caracters aren't really develop. In the next episod I'll prefer see more Angell, Hawkes and Adam and learn more about them. I really don't want news caraters. They bring nothing important to the serie.

[FONT=&quot]Otherwise I love the first scene with flack and Angell. And I loved Mac and Stella scene. She was always behind him. It's great[/FONT]

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'm glad i wasn't the only one who found the GUI interface part cool. Spending a year doing programming at university compulsory for my course and hating it when she mentioned Visual Basic I was like i know that... it was a random moment of the geek in me. :lol:

A+

It had me going from the start.

Flack was at his best it was great to see teh change in his emotions so quickly and trying to explain he only saw a yellow cab you could tell how frustrated he was at himself for it.
    It was almost a turn around though when he went to the cab company and you could tell it was like he was in a bad mood already don't make it worse so just do what i say.

Mac was great but then we knew it was a Mac episode from the start tho i got the giggles when he was getting evidence and walked thru each part of the lab seeing each person i was impressed how well that lab is planned out :lol:

I loves stella to you could totally see how much she knows Mac and knows exactly what he's like in situations and knows what to say. And she kicked arse telling Jordan what for.

Jordan i'm still not sold on her, I like her because she is similar to the Gerrards and Sinclairs and is more interested about the media and covering it up than actually doing anything in that respect. But she was one hell of a Bitch to them today and her scene with stella was awkward it was like she thought mac told her stuff and he didn't. I can see where her role is in the show tho she is the perfect character when they get the high profle cases and media its like she is the inbetween

Quinn she's grown on me i didn't like her at first seemed to forceful in a way but in this she did it in a way she was just after a killer. Tho her attitude when mac told her about reed was almost an i told u so moment and you coludl see she almost realised then that Mac wasn't who she thought he was in some way.

I think i'm with others on the reference of the bible its wierd it took them so long to find it out when i swear its been in episodes before of one of the Csi's and its almost one of the 1st things that pops out of a search.

Montana reference was plain odd, Hawkes has never called her it i understand picking up names and phrases off people like Boom but something like that its just wierd.

Couldn't really say much about the others because tehy all had same amount of time nothing to big happening.

Angel did kick arse though she certainly knows some martial arts i thought. And flack owes her a drink now after that.

Definately a good end tho the killer i would have liked more similar to suspect x. But the end sequence with Macs voice over was nice touch.

I hope they bring reed back next season he works well because he brings out a totally different side to Mac in more ways than one. And being a journalist would work as a character in it i think because its them who report the news as it happens.

Blue screen seriously was pretty dodgy tho.:lol:

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I really enjoyed this ep except I was like some of the others here. Wasn't Reid kidnapped at the end of last weeks ep.? I though Jordan & Stella were gonna square off with each other. She sure acted jealous about Stella knowing Reid was Claires son & she didn't. I can't stand people who's got to be all up in other peoples business. Glad Reid didn't die & thge mysteries been solved.

15. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Dead on Arrival

I gave it a B+. I enjoyed it, but after having the storyline going on for a period of time it just seemed like a hurried job of finishing it off to me. I did like that they tricked us by thinking that Reed was in immediate danger from his getting into the cab in last week's episode, only to unveil that the cabbie killer was using Reed. PissyMac was great. Gary does angry dad really well.

Angell manhandling Flack to save him from being rundown was fantastic! I can't wait to rewatch that a few times tonight. :devil: I felt for Flack at his frustration at not being able to tell them anything more than it was a yellow cab. It goes to show that even a professional who is always looking at the details can't always get it right at such a time. It happened too fast. At least he beat feet trying to chase it down, although I don't know what he thought he was going to do if he actually was able to grab onto a moving vehicle.

I was grateful they didn't drag the D/L angst into the episode. It would not have been appropriate for it to come up and would have killed the pace of the show. Kudos to the writers for not even giving us a whiff of it.

I felt really bad for Mac and Stella while they tried to stop Reed from bleeding to death. You know Mac would have been wracked with guilt of Reed didn't make it and having their last contact having been so heated.

It was a great move on the part of the writers to give Reed an injury that kept him from speaking. You could see from his eyes the pain and guilt he was dealing with. It kept any further encounters with Mac from being defensive or heated.

I didn't notice the bad bluescreen action in the back of the cab, because I was too busy noticing how both Mac and Reed held their heads exactly the same and had the same expression on their faces. Kind of shell-shocked, tired, sad, and relieved all at the same time.

Really looking forward to next week.