Why is Sid to only one to Reproduce??

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PalmettoHunna, May 10, 2008.

1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I agree that if they bought kids into it it would just take away from the CSI element of it that is what the show is about. With Reed it was done cleverly that he is not Mac's kid biologically so they can twist the stories slightly more.

Horatios son came into it and if i'm right which i doubt because i don't actually watch miami any more it was a tad wierd.

I can just imagine Sid taking the kids on a tour of the autopsy and then the adults find out. "Now kids this body got pulled out the river"... its wierd you can picture it more.

2. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

I just think it is so unrealistic that of all the characters on the show not one has a functional relationship...How are all these people who work in the lab and Flack not able to find someone for longer than a day and a half? Mac was married before and it seemed to be a very good marriage so it is possible to make it work, but with that said the witers on CSI NY seem to do such a great job with romance ::sarcarsm:: that it is probably better this way.

3. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I totally agree but again I think it links in the what Fay has been saying in the "GLBT" thread, just because they do it badly doesn't mean they shouldn't attempt it in a way.

Glossing over D/L because not only does it get discussed enough, it isn't a good example, but we know hawkes is single because he gave his number to that girl who died on the train party, but he may not be anymore, why not have him mention that he has planned to meet his girlfriend/partner/geeky lab lover (Fay & Top ;)) for dinner after work?

We know they can do it, Danny has complained about/ discussed past girlfriends (Cindy?) who we never met or became involved in the plots before. I don't need a full on hour with said couple, just a 3 second mention.

It's a shame that they alomost want to make their leading characters dysfunctional or issue riddled, guess what, drama and bad things still happen to people who aren't dysfunctional, it's called life.

We all knew Frankie was bad news (regardless how we felt about the actual plot) and Peyton just never came back to NY with Mac - can't remember the reason - Devon? The less said about that the better :p - although props to who ever came up with the idea to get flack in his vest :drool: - but not one has been happy, or just flowed like a normal relationship, yes it's boring but it is realistic!

If Cagney and Lacey can manage it why can't CSI:NY?! We've moved on so much in 20-30 years that whilst more of us are single for longer and divorce is on the rise it would actually be refreshing to see two people meet, get along, learn to compromise, except each others occupations and nto have all this drama!!

*Gets off soap box*

4. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I totally agree but again I think it links in the what Fay has been saying in the "GLBT" thread, just because they do it badly doesn't mean they shouldn't attempt it.

Glossing over D/L because not only does it get discussed enough, it isn't a good example, but we know hawkes is single because he gave his number to that girl who died on the train party, but he may not be anymore, why not have him mention that he has planned to meet his girlfriend/partner/geeky lab lover (Fay & Top ;)) for dinner after work?

We know they can do it, Danny has complained about/ discussed past girlfriends (Cindy) who we never met or became involved in the plots before. I don't need a full on hour with said couple, just a 3 second mention.

It's a shame that they alomost want to make their leading characters dysfunctional or issue riddled, guess what, drama and bad things still happen to people who aren't dysfunctional, it's called life.

We all knew Frankie was bad news (regardless how we felt about the actual plot) and Peyton just never came back to NY with Mac - can't remember the reason - Devon? The less said about that the better :p - although props to who ever came up with the idea to get Flack in his vest :drool: - but no one has been happy, or it's just flowed like a normal relationship, yes it's boring but it is realistic!

If Cagney and Lacey can manage it why can't CSI:NY?! We've moved on so much in 20-30 years that whilst more of us are single for longer and divorce is on the rise it would actually be refreshing to see two people meet, get along, learn to compromise, except each others occupations and not have all this drama!!

*Gets off soap box*

5. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I just observe that the CSI franchise tends to stay away from romantic plotlines. I believe it is because they find the plot difficult to sustain with the introduction of love stories. I think they want to maintain its crime themes. But I would not mind the introduction of love lines! I found the title of this thread funny because the observation (if spoken aloud) does make you laugh. It is a smart observation nonetheless.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Lately, every time I see this thread title, I imagine a very pregnant Sid staring down his nose at his stomach. :lol:

Pregnant!Sid FTW, y/n? :p

7. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Someone needs to Crack!Fic that!! NOW!

Who's the Daddy?

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

No one dares to ask.

9. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

:guffaw:I would have to agree

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A world of no! :p :p :p

Danny is seriously the only male character I can see pregnant, and that's because he's so damn whiny and emotional anyway that he might as well be pregnant. Although one can only imagine how overprotective Flack would be then. :lol:

I guess I haven't thought of any of them much as parents because really, the last thing I want to see is any babies on CSI: NY. :rolleyes: I do like Mac and Reed's relationship, though, and found it to be pretty realistic. They're not really father and son but they've bonded on that level, which is cool. I love their dynamic.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think that Mac may have a kid out there somewhere that he doesn't know about (like they did with Horatio). I could see Lindsay becoming preg with Danny's kid (if they get back together). I could see Flack having a kid he doesn't know about. Most overprotective dad: Mac, hands down. Coolest parent: Hmm, I don't know, maybe Adam? Wildest children: Adam and Danny probably. Offspring that would follow in their parents footsteps: Flack and Mac

If you think about it though, all of the CSIs are kind of like this with only one main character having a kid/children. CSI: LV: only Catherine (well, maybe Doc Robbins, but his are probably grown). CSI: Miami: Only Alexx had kids until recently when they gave Horatio one

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I really hope that Mac doesnt have some long lost son somewhere, that was fine for H and csi Miami because it just seems to fit but Mac, no. I think Reed is the closet thing that Mac has as a son, unless he has his own in the future, I just dont think it'd be very mac-like to have a child 'floating' about somewhere ready to be written in. Mac and Flacks kids would definatly be the ones to follow in their parents footsteps ;)

If you think about it.....In most dramas people dont really have families [as such] because thats not what the show is about- well this is the case in the UK. I think that family life is more important in soaps where the storylines are not focused on crime for example. Could you imagine having to start a drama series by introducing a whole load of family members?!? I think its good to have the odd cast member with a family but do you think the show would drift if there were family issues being thrown in every week or so. Did that make sence?

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I think Reed should be Mac's only "son". But, it might be neat if he had a daughter out there somewhere. maybe his ex didn't tell him about her. Or maybe he's got one he knows about and sees, but doesn't tell any of his teammates about her cause he's kind of a private guy. I mean, would Stella have known about Reed if he hadn't been following her thinking she was Claire?

14. Lyra

Lyra Victim

I was thinking about this a lot! It would be cute, I don't know why but I'm always a sucker for seeing our fave characters around kids. It brings out this really sweet side and you just have to go, "awwww!"

Mac being a strict dad (and fair), but very protective. Actually I think that is why he would be strict at times- because he's so protective!

Danny being really loving and caring and fun, but after what happened to Ruben, I can see him becoming at times overly protective and worry a lot about them. I think the loss of Ruben, I can see him becoming very determined to keep his child safe. I think he would feel that he couldn't lose his child like he lost Ruben. Ruben's death woud probably make him fear the safety of his child even more. Say if someone looked at his girl or boy the wrong way...they sure wouldn't look at anything again! ;)

Stella and Lindsay being great mothers. I know Lindsay may be awkward around kids, but I don't think it's that she doesn't care about them, just she is nervous and doesn't know what to do. I think if she had a kid, she would really be a great mum. And Stella was really sweet with that little baby!

And I bet Sid is a great cool dad! And Sheldon would be an awesome dad too!

And Adam, I can see him so being a great dad, and be lots of fun.

Flack being a great dad to, and without a doubt protective. Hehehe, I can totally see him with a gun at the ready if his daughter ever dated anyone. He'd probably ask them all sorts of questions! Hehehe! Aww! I think he'd be a lot of fun and a great dad.

You know, when you think about it, I can imagine them all being very protective. With what they do for a living, and what they see, I can see them all being about over-the-top worrisome at times. They know firsthand the world isn't an entirely safe place.

Aww, it's cute. Don't you wish they'd protect us. :cool:

LOL! Go to your parents later, "Mum, Dad, why can't you be a character from CSI NY?" :evil:
    Danny and Flack could be my father anyday!
    So mean! Hehehe but you all thought it at least once!
    So mean! :guffaw:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  15. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

God, I am having so much fun here...

Mac IS the ultimate father figure. He is strict and stern, but he's also very protective and supportive. If he can handle Danny, he can handle any kid. (Yes, I am one of those people who sees Danny and Mac as the perfect Father/Son duo)

Stella would be an awesome mom if she had daughters; I'm not so sure about guys. She'd be the mom enrolling her girls in karate class and her boys in piano, and she'd have every single recital and performance on camera. She'd be super-supportive and ready to handle any kind of drama like she does on the show.

I agree with the consensus that Danny would be a paranoid parent, if he were a parent at all. With Ruben, Tanglewood, and coming from a connected family, Danny would be the ultimate worrywart. However, he'd also be the dad attending every single game, play, and ceremony to support his kid. He'd also have trouble expressing affection. He wouldn't be near as strict as Mac, but he'd push his kids to succeed and make something of themselves like he did. He wouldn't let his kids screw up their lives.

Lindsay...I can't really say. I haven't gotten a good enough read on her personality to know for sure. (I'm not a Lindsay hater, she just isn't my favorite on the show) I think she'd be a decent mom, but she'd have difficulty dealing with drama. She said so herself that she "isn't good with that kind of thing", which I guess is understandable considering her past.

Flackie would be an AWESOME daddy. His personality screams 'family man' like no other character on the show. Him I can easily see with six kids and loving it. He'd be a role model for his sons and fiercly protective of his daughters. He might not be the dad who's at every function, but he would know and relate to his kids better than anyone else, I think.

Hawkes would also be an awesome dad. He really is looked over too much in my opinion. As others have pointed out, he's done a great job of speaking to kids on the show. He'd be the most technical parent, teaching his kids something new every day. He'd be the one asking them what they learned in school and helping them with their homework. Education would be a HUGE thing in his household, and his kids would have a very clear moral code to follow.

Adam...much as I love him, I just can't see it-yet. Give him more screentime next season and we'll see.

So, I guess my ratings would go as such:

Best Dad Candidate:
    1. Flack
    2. Mac
    3. Hawkes
    4. Danny
    5. Adam

Best Mom Candidate:
    1. Stella
    2. Lindsay (Hey, in all fairness, her competetion was pretty steep)

All other characters I don't have a good enough read on to include.

Much Love!
    DocInTheBox