Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Stealing Home is a fantastic episode, I have and always will love that episode, great Lindsay scenes, and its a side of her that I'd really love to see again - that wanting to know why?, what was Vackners motive? etc etc.

My one thing with Lindsay that I hope NOT to see more of, is "Im from Montana" references. We know shes from Montana by now, and at this point - maybe once every season we can see a little "country girl" reference, like the rawhide braiding from Stealing Home, that was a fantastic reference and had to do with the case as well. But, we dont need to be reminded that shes not from NY in every other episode, we all know it by now.

Thats it, my only vent/rant about Lindsay. carry on. :)

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I think at this stage turning Linds into a 'love to hate' character is not gonna work at all.

I'd like to see more work with Stella & Angell, kick ass girls together, we get some awesome scenes with the guys (and then some) but not so much with the girls.
    More lightheartedness is required, let the angst come from the victims & their families not try and turn a fabulous franchise into a poor copy of One Tree Hill (such a good program, right Meg?:lol:)

We don't need the Montana references all the time. How often is it mentioned Mac is from Chicago? Or the awesome Adam is from Phoenix? Exactly - use when it is relevant (Stealing Home) Hell even Peyton didn't get a load of stuff made up for England. :rolleyes:

Dutch, I'm with you on the (Not so)Dead Body in the trunk experiment, we were starting to go back to Old Skool experiments but it all got ruined with the 'talk' Why people, Why?

I liked the YODO ep for the fun Batmobile/Mach 5 debate. Not because I'm a DL shipper, please don't shoot me down, but for the carefree banter they had and getting excited about their cases. (yes I would have quite happily had those scenes with Linds and any other character)

Edit - Finally I'm a bleeding Rookie, all without spamming posts :lol:

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  3. darksheep

darksheep Dead on Arrival

If we're gonna be reminded about where she's from at every turn, bring in some family members or someone from home. Or an old schoolmate (and hot guy:devil:) who also moves to NYC and looks her up?

Also, girlfriend needs some girl friends! I mean, I know all her girlfriends from back in the day were killed, but wouldn't forming new friendships be the ultimate sign she'd healed from all that? Why can't we see her and Stella hanging out after work? Or anyone. I wanna know what kind of friends she'd have outside of work. Even if it's just for two minutes before they find themselves in the middle of a case (like Danny and Flack at the Bball game).

4. febgrl24

febgrl24 Dead on Arrival

I agree with you darksheep. I'd love to see Lindsay find some girl friends to hang out with.......like Danny and Flack hang out sometimes when not on a case. It would be nice for her to have a little fun with other people once in a while. And Stella is definitely a good choice. There was a little hint at a friendship with them in season three, if I'm not mistaken. I have a bad memory so I could be wrong.

Love Lindsay, but she needs to stop being so uptight and start having a little fun without all the angst of her and Danny together.

5. enitx

enitx Victim

I would LOVE for them to scale back on the D/L drama (don't get me wrong I'm a ship but seriously) and get back to the cases and for Lindsey to get her old spunk back which made me really like her character. I like how the Midwest geeky science girl can have a chance in the big apple however i agree we don't need to be reminded every episode that she is from Montana.

6. febgrl24

febgrl24 Dead on Arrival

Quick OT here, but enitx you're from Missouri? That's were I'm from!

Anyway, I agree with you, and I'm a shipper of D/L too. There definitely needs to be less focus on their drama and more time spent on having them working on cases again without the angst. I've been missing the way they used to be....bantering with each other and such. I would love to see a return of spunky Lindsay from S2.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Most of my wishes for next season Lindsay were already mentioned, but anyway:

I want scenes like the ones from early season 2. I loved her tackling down the suspect in 'Zoo York', I loved her demonstration in DWTF and how she solved the case in the end. And I agree that I want to see her working together with Stella and/or Angell. There's a lot they can do with her character. I don't want the show to become a comedy show or something, but I'd also like to see a scene like the one from 'Fare Game' where she ate the spider. It was a short, funny scene. After all the angst, something like this would be really nice.

8. sparkyCSI

sparkyCSI Civilian

I agree. I finally decided to delurk and post on this. I think that they've really hampered Lindsay by focusing WAY to much on her relationship with Danny. She needs to really come into her own as a character!

9. lindsaymonroe

lindsaymonroe Dead on Arrival

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ Is it Anna's birthday?

Well, happy birthday to Anna, I hope she had a wonderful day. :D

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

after reading KRAD's book i would love to see Lindsay working with Stella and Angell. that would be awesome to see. each woman has such a different personality and they never get to work together too much.

for some reason i'd like to see a scene where Lindsay is sitting at a bar maybe thinking of a case and in walks one of the team. doesn't matter who but they just come and talk to her. maybe that way we can get to know a little what she's like outside of work with another coworker (besides Danny) and get a tiny more info about her.

i agree with the no more Montana references unless it's called for. it was cute in season 2 and got very old as time went on.

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I like this idea. We don't know that much about her, apart from the thing with her friends. I liked the scene where Danny and Flack were in a bar, in season 3, I just don't remember the epi's name right now. I'd like to see Lindsay in a scene like this, maybe with Stella or Angell.

13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ That indeed sounds like a great idea to show Lindsay outside of work and with other members of the team, or perhaps even with people we don't know yet; she has been in NYC for 3 years now, I'm sure she has some other friends like the one she went to the opera with...

Like with Stella and Danny's neighbours they could make a case related to a friend of hers, so we can find out that she has a social life too...

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

This sounds good! It'd be nice if they showed more of her. As long as we don't get too much drama again. But some outside-the-lab scenes would be perfect.

And next season I'd like to see Lindsay solving a case, maybe even leading a case. I mean, everyone of them had scenes like that.

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

that would be soo awesome if TPTB did something like that for Lindsay. Danny lead a case in season 1, yeah Aiden worked with him but Mac put him in charge. Lindsay can handle leading a case or working by herself if she goes back to the way she was in season 2. Lindsay needs to get over her emotions about her past and about Danny. once she gets her head clear that's when i believe she can lead a case or work on her own.

TPTB need to straighten Lindsay out and settle her as a character. they didn't do the character any justice this season. she seemed more all over the place than put together. Stella, Hawkes, Mac and Flack are together and secure with themselves. Lindsay and Danny need to pull themselves together emotionally and mentally and become solid characters.... especially Lindsay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.