The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

It is crazy how many people are going to be or are in the recuring guest list... Wendy, Mandy, Henry, Archie should be the main ones with Super Dave as well.

Greg screen time, im sorry to say has been better since Sara has gone. We do see Greg more, how many storylines or cases has Greg worked on with Nick this season? Four or five... Considering that the season is or will be five episodes short? Thats really good odds...

Yeah i just dont want Greg to go back to being one line or one sentence... Why is that? Yes its an emsomble cast, but he is one of the main cast members... All the main cast members must have a trailer and Eric is no exception...

I'd be super happy if there was unscripted subtext from Eric/Greg how cool would that be... Who thinks that we will see Greg being jealouse or down...

IMO, I think Greg will be- like when Sara left- kinda down, but this time he will be quiet and reserved..

2. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

I get the same (bad) feeling that's what is going to happen...:(

I've noticed the girlfriend aka BEARD, is listed as "guest cast" not as "recurrent cast". Not yet. Since they're going to start filming four o five episodes for season nine ( probably, due to the SAG strike in June), I was thinking that maybe, they're testing the waters; I mean, they'll wait to see audience's reaction to her character after the season finale to make her a recurrent character or not...*crosses fingers* Let's hope people don't like her and she just disappears into thin air...

I couldn't agree with you all more. Warrick, the rock of the team is leaving; William Petersen will appear only in a few episodes next season. It's obvious that Nick will take over as the lead and sadly, on a CBS show, in LVPD, the supervisor HAS to be straight and HAS TO HAVE a girlfriend...:rolleyes: Don't you know that there are no gays working there? Everybody is straight: investigators, lab rats (remember how they cut Bobby Dawson's coming out scene), detectives...:rolleyes:

And of course, Nick is straight too. As an arrow. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I lurrrrrrrrv those pics, seabird! Their my favs, expecially they one where Nick is standing with one hand on his hip.

Oh, I agree. EVERYONE there is straight...yup...no homos in the LVPD, ain't that right?

Hey, Nat, you're not the only one being too slashy; I'm working on both a CS (Sara/Catherine) story and a Danny/Flack story.

My_last_chance's has decided to attack me. IT IS EVIL! BUT SO CUTE! Can't...resist...THE CUTENESS! *pets monkey*

OH! Everyone, I've starting my holocost one. I'm struggling through the beginning, though. I'm not very familiare with Jewish traditions. Like Haunika (sp?) If anyone can help, I'll be eternally grateful!

-Lynn

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

i love those pics too, my favourites are the first one, and Nick obviously checking Greg out.

I've kinda only just realised i'm super slashy too, I love Cath/Sara pairings and Nick/Greg too obviously..

I think it's spelt hanukkah? not really sure about any Jewish traditions though :( sorry.

I'm excited about the ep, even if I won't watch the ep yet, I'll know the reaction through you guys ;)

Is Nick really going to take over from Grissom then? I know that they've been trying to show him to be stepping up a little, but won't Catherine take charge? With Nick in charge, there'd be another Grissom/Sara with the whole supervisor thing for us love fans (not that it'd matter seeing as Nick's getting the silly gf)

5. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh, yes indeed :thumbsup: and Catherine/Sofia, or is that just me? Hmm. Slash is the best thing ever, I just love it. I was writing slash before I even knew what it was, I'm glad I finally found my home here!

Katlynn, sorry no good on Jewish traditions but I'd like to read your stuff when you're done, all slash welcome here but obv Nick/Greg wins every time.

That flipping monkey has bitten me again and made me write something very un-me, so if you feel like a bit of angst, here's the patented Sara's Girl fic-pimp:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4914

It frustrates me that TPTB might think that a leading character has to be straight. What difference does it make? Really. Maybe when Nick gets promoted he can come clean about his relationship with Greg because he'll be in charge and therefore can do what he likes...or maybe that's just my wishful thinking to see the crime lab run by Nick and Greg, in a crime fighting duo kind of way...lol :lol:

Fab pictures. As I maintain, there is no WAY that man is straight.

QOTU, re Who Shot Sherlock - I love that epi for the sheer amount of screentime Greggo gets, plus he gets to look serious a lot which is adorable, and Nick can't keep his hands off him at the end...also he is the first person to touch Greg both times if I remember rightly. Wonder why...

Nat x

6. Maggs

Maggs Hit and Run

I'm quite familiar with Jewish traditions since my best friend growing up was Orthodox. Her grandmother was a Holocaust survivor who spent time in the camps. I mean this in the most helpful way possible, so I hope you won't be offended - my honest advice is to not write the story. It will be insulting to Jewish people to write about Jewish traditions improperly and the Holocaust is one of the most horrific and tragic events in history. I think you could unintentionally upset people by writing about it without the proper knowledge and reverence. Readers have cursed me out for writing the tiniest detail about A&M the wrong way, so I'm trying to spare you some grief :)

Back to the Nick and Greg...

Seabird - I agree that they might be bringing the girl in for the last episode to gauge audience reaction and go from there.

There was a comment made by GE during the strike where he said he was bummed about the strike because he was supposed to get a love interest. It was supposed to be a social worker who was as dedicated to her job as he was. That storyline sounds a lot more threatening to the ship then a waitress/college student. Maybe they're doing it to satisfy GE's request without making it a viable relationship.

Ultimately I think she's being introduced just to die at a later date and make for a dramatic episode for Nicky...and Greg of course :)

I agree with everyone who feels like Greg is already getting too little screentime and now he'll have to compete with new cast members. Though I do like the idea of Nick and Greg feeling closer and talking about the newbies...in bed. LOL

7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Love these two pictures. Nicky with his hand on his hip makes me laugh and of course Nicky checking out Greggo's butt makes me think naughty thoughts. :devil:

Spellbound is another favorite Greggo full episode of mine. If they keep adding main characters, the opening is gonna be like five minutes long. I'm gonna be pissed if the boys get cut out of screen time cause they have added so many recurring characters. I know alone Wendy is moving up to CSI next season and they will have the new guy as well. The writers better remember who was there from the beginning, and give them ample screen time. Like Maggs said maybe they are gonna just try the girlfriend out and see how the fans react. But they have to know that the original main characters shippers like us here at the FORT are gonna protest to him with some random chick as his love interest.

8. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

I love Who Shot Sheriff. So much subtext.

Okay so my friend, leggo_mah_greggo, has a website where she wants to write CSVI: Crime Scene Vacation Investigation. It's a role play so everyone gets their own character. She asked me to find out who's interested. The website is: http://csvi.proboards83.com/index.cgi and if you want to join, she wants you to email her at: leggo.mah.greggo@hotmail.com. There is a list of characters on the site; who's taken and who all there is.

Anywho three lines about Nick/Greg. It really hope we get some kind of reaction, even anger, would be good from Greg. Anything at all. I think the writers are just being... I don't really have a word for it but why are they so scared to have a gay supervisor? I mean come on, look at the pictures, there is no way that man is straight. Just the look on his face in the first one says it all.

9. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Wowa, lots replying to do, so here we goooo! xD

^-^ I was feeling a little threatened by the gf (and Nick's apparent need to be straight) but after looking at those pictures I said, "Pfft. Please. That man can not be straight. At all." I mean, Nicky, you're so cute when you've got your hand on your hip and you're checkin' out Greggo. You are not being cute when you're asking out a waitress. Nope.

^-^ Re gay/bi people in the LVPD: Hmm, I've always wondered about Brass.... Kidding! Just kidding! But under that 'tough guy' exterior, does the heart of a sweet, sensitive man who likes other boys beat? Anyways, sorry for going off topic.
    Re monkey: My advice would be not to pet him. He just follows you home and eats your bananas. I'm thinking of naming him soon, any suggestions? Again, sorry for off topicness.

^-^ Cath is, sadly, leaving sooner or later as well. From the original cast, after season 9, maybe, we'll only have (main characters) Greg, Nick, Brass and Doc. Robbins. Oh my. As I've said before, that'd be one interesting show.

^-^ Re story: I'll def. read that later tonight. xD
    Re Nick being gay and being a leader: It honestly bothers me if they (TPTB) think that a gay man cannot be in a position of power (oh wow, smut radar just went off. Gah). No, the character has to be straight and has to have a girlfriend so no one doubts his sexuality. For me, that is kind of sad. Nick has all the qualifications to take over after Grissom, but if he shows his true sexuality, would he honestly be considered for the job? My teacher was telling me about a study that was done a while ago that dealt with bigger people going to apply for a job against skinny people. Even if they had the same qualifications, the skinny people (usually) obtained the wanted job. I can't cite any sources on this as my teacher didn't specify who did the testing, but I can honestly see that happening. So if people are thinking that larger people can't do the job properly (which is a stupid concept in and of itself), what would they think of Nick, a gay man, taking charge of the graveyard shift?

^-^ Hmm, kind of like Kristi reincarnated, eh? And the beginning of the episode being five minutes long would be hilarious. I'd probably be rofling at it.
    Added: In response to what Greggo_Obsessed said, I'm already on the site as well. I'm Nick. lawlz. Sorry ladies, I stoled Greggo's man... well, not quite, but you get what I mean.

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Ah, love all the pictures! I just don't know why you all would say that Nicky's gay??? :lol:

Anyway, I can "live" with the girlfriend if I get a reaction from Greg that at least says something like "I'm not OK with her". How he does it I don't care I just don't want him to congratulate Nick for her!

I watched Leapin Lizzards today and I just loved Greg's line "That bitch bit me" He's usually so composed and never gives a bad reaction to anyone but that ... nice. Anyway, I can just see him call Nicky or tell him when he gets back to the lab. Nicky would make everything better with a kiss :devil:

I also found a plausible explanation for Nick's "don't date someone you work with" speech to Warrick. He was worried about Greg!

And seeing Nicky with the pigs (hilarious :guffaw:), I bet they spend a lot of their vacations at the Stokes' ranch back in Texas. Nicky helps out and Greg sleeps in, chatting up Mrs Stokes being a good "girlfriend" ;)

Ah, so I don't forget, I spend like almost an hour yesterday night saving fics from WMTDB. They will change server and I was like OMFG!!!!!! Just so you guys know :)

Edit: In Leapin Lizzards Greg complains to Cath that it's not his year and Cath gives him that wink and says something like "Oh, it's so your year!" Like she knows about Nick and Greg.

And, off topic, I could see Cath with Wendy :devil:

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  11. Sara's Girl

Ok, so many good points, so little time! Cath/Wendy :p interesting!

O/T but, um, bit worried, what's happening to WMTDB? Will everything that's up there get lost when they change servers?? Stories/reviews etc? Ack, info please....thanks.

Ah, yeah, I'm with you on the girlfriend thing, I shall be content to get some sort of negative reaction from Greg. I hope they don't have him all straight-guy backslapping and stuff, 'cause it's just wrong wrong wrong.

Catherine would definitely know, I often think she would be the first to notice them i.e. before they even do, when they are just flirting. She is very observant about people. Also, I think it would be Nick who would go to her with his feelings so the idea of her winking at Greg as if she knows something ^^ makes sense, she wouldn't tell on Nicky but she wants to give Greg some hope. aww, I love Catherine, I don't want her to leave either :(

Nat x

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I can live with the girlfriend because I know she's just a beard, either that or Nick is still confused about his sexuality and this will lead him into the arms of Greg. So I will not hate her just yet, I am taking a wait and see attitude.

I read on another forum that TPTB are as of right now only concentrating on hiring a new female CSI. So I hope they decide to not hire anyone else, I am all for another female CSI to balance things out but we have enough guys.

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Being off topic Cath/Wendy is a very interesting prospect :D is there a Cath/Wendy thread??

Anyway, back on topic:

I just can't wait to see the reaction from Greg. If there is one and we see a hint of jealousy, anger, and whatever other little emotion may be playing around in his head, then I think that the Nick and girlfriend thing may actually be a positive thing. Obviously not as positive as not having her, but yeh. I can't wait to hear what happens tomorrow night. And whether she'll stay and we'll see prolonged reactoin from Greg.

14. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

So... the store didn't have season four in stock when I bought myself a "present" for passing my last tae kwon do test. Which is why I suddenly went from watching season three to season five, if you've noticed. lol. It sucks, but I didn't realize how much I liked season five. And, I have to say, I really like Nick with his hair in this season. It never occurred to me before, but yeah, cute and hot. Totally. I can't remember what Greg's hair looks like. GASP! I know. I think, it's because I came up as Greg in that test, that I'm so attracted to Nick all of a sudden.
    Anyway, so I was watching "Snakes" and totally flipping out. The hair was great, he was speaking in Spanish, which was cool, but then he was in that scuffle at the end when he had to draw his gun. And all I could think of during that scene, was what would Greg say when he found out how close Nick came to getting shot or something? lol, this comes, I think, from Maggs piece, The Day Before You, when something similar happened and Greg flips out because Nick had to go and play the hero again, almost getting himself killed. So, yeah, that whole scene was charged. And while in the beginning Nick said his Spanish was rusty, at the end, in that charged scene he spoke really well. No clue what he was saying, but he was in charge of the situation there... and... wow... lol... I'd love to be able to watch that with Greg (Long as he's not flipping out over Nick in danger) because I'd love to see his reaction to that.

Wojo - I think you've got the right idea about the "GF". Wait and see. Then determine whether you will hate her, like her, or find her so-so. That's usually my thoughts on everything. I just jumped on the band wagon this time. wow... I never do that. lol. But we are Love shippers, and Love shippers have been known to be the most tolerant people around, from what I've seen. Most tolerant and welcoming, and family like. lol.

So, with all that said... I'm gonna go work on my coming out story before watching another season five ep and going to bed. Or maybe I'll just reread that haunting piece again... I can't stay away from it!

ttyl!

15. Sara's Girl

I laughed when I read this because I thought I was the only one sad enough to try and *watch them in order* :lol: I have just finished S7 again so am returning to S1 - ah, to watch the Love unfold from the very beginning. Nice.

God...I love Snakes...as you know, I'm more of a Greggo kind of girl but Nick in this....with the Spanish, and the yelling, and the being all in control...yeah. I enjoyed that a lot :devil: and it made me think again of them speaking other languages to each other, possibly in the bedroom...dangerous thoughts!

I think this is a really nice accepting ship in general, which is cool. I hope I don't come across as hating this girl before she's even started, I guess I just want to tell her to back off, in the friendliest possible way (just a smidge of eyebrow shaving) - I'm lovely really...

Which haunting fic out of interest, QOTU? I'm in the mood for haunting, can you do linkage?

Bubbles - re Cath/Wendy - start one :thumbsup: *cough*

Nat xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.