Dourdan Charged With Drug Possession

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 13, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) faces felony charges.<p>CSI Files originally <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/290408_02.shtml">reported</a> that Dourdan was arrested April 28. He was found in his car, parked on the wrong side of the road with the interior light on. When a police officer approached the car, he said Dourdan appeared disoriented and possibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A search of the vehicle uncovered what appeared to be drugs, and Dourdan was taken to jail and released on $5,000 bail. <p>Dourdan later issued a <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/050508_04.shtml">statement</a> in which he apologized for his actions and said he was happy to cooperate with the authorities. In the same statement, Dourdan claimed the drugs found in his car did not belong to him.<p>Despite this claim, Dourdan has been charged with felony possession of cocaine, heroin and ecstacy. The <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> star is scheduled to appear in court on May 28 in Indio, California (approximately 130 miles east of Los Angeles).<p>The original news is from the <A class="link" HREF="http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g_j-3NZ-DCgbV61YmeO-s0YRQDXwD90HTVJG0">Associated Press</a>.<center></center>

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(Yes, I know I'm a bit late on this one. :eek:)

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

...well, I wasn't going to mention it. :lol: ;)

To reiterate what I said in another thread, I hope that he gets any help that he needs. And I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes from these charges, they sound pretty serious.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Not very surprised that he's being charged. Usually the 'they weren't mine' angle seldom works.

*sighs* I hate to say it but I've lost a lot of respect for him since this whole ordeal went down. I really hope he gets some help.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

You're right, Elise, judges have been cracking down harder on people brought up on drug charges...I guess their own personal preference in the battle against drugs and drug dealers.

I do hope that he gets the help he needs, even if it's court mandated rehab. Any step or shove in the right direction could trigger the right lightbulb to realize the mistakes he's made.

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^I agree, I really hope that he gets all the help he needs. I hope that all his friends and family stick by him and guide him through it all.

Although I dont watch LV that much I adore Warrick and if things get even worse i's best to remember the things that happened previous to this drug arrest ;)

7. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

Well, he's charged with drug possession, NOT drug usage. It was in his car. That means, at the time, he could be charged with having drugs. Doesn't really matter, legally, if he used them or not.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I do still have some respect for him and I still think he's a wonderful actor, but having gone through life with a close family member struggling with drug abuse/legal issues of his own doing, it's hard for me to just forget about now and look back on the past because it was more pleasant. :shrug: To each his/her own. :)

Good point. But even so, he shouldn't have been in posession of drugs in the first place, his or not. It's still a big issue and it makes one question if he does maybe have a problem--even if his tests came back negative. In another recent article, some involved with the show expressed a concern for him/his health even before this happened.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

anybody knows what is the maximum sentence he can get?

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What's a bit bizzare, is that he's out on the party circuit..again.. but with a hugh monitor on his wrist, so he can't drink or do his drugs, if that's what he was doing, and the "they weren't mine" HMMM, we'll see, like Dennis Farina who "didn't know his gun was in his luggage" at the airport line, I'm just stunned about Gary, I'd always though of him as a straight arrow, sports nut and clean cut, meaning no illegal substances, so I hope I'm right:confused:

BUBBLY GARY video!

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i thought they weren't 'his' drugs :rolleyes: He should just admit he has a problem, we aren't that stupid. He won't get jail time, since he is a rich celeb, and any rehab for celebs doesn't work, since they are just pampered.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Drug and alcohol addiction first and foremost is an illness. Yes, it's an illness that destroys lives and angers and alienates loved ones, but it's still an illness. It's not as easy as "he should admit he has a problem," or that by not admitting he has a problem he thinks anyone is "stupid." Robert Downy, Jr. did jail time for drugs and at the time he was a bigger name than Gary is now. Granted, Robert Downy, Jr. was a repeat offender, so I don't know how someone who hasn't been arrested repeatedly for drugs will be treated. It's a sweeping generalization to say that "any" rehab for stars doesn't work. It's also a sweeping generalization that the reason rehab fails for some stars is because they are "pampered." Drug and alcohol addiction, and it's recovery process, is much more complex than that.