Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!11 ♥!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!1

I agree, adorelo. I think there's a nice balance right now between the personal relations between characters and the formula that CSI:Miami has always had. I actually thought it was a perfect little scene last night and I'm not seeing huge things in the area of continuity, at least not right away. Besides, we haven't been given much throughout the past couple of seasons so I'm happy with what's happening now.

I think the rolleyes emoticon would sure get its use if that happened. If we do get some continuity later on, hopefully it'll move the relationship forward instead of repeating the same road blocks. It's starting to annoy. ^ Totally agree with you, delkolover.

My family even said "Geez, when are they going to get a room already?" :lol:

**sinks away back into the Shipper Closet** :eek:

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Oh, I know what you mean, I'm not holding my breath for anything too huge. To be honest, I don't want anything too huge. For as long as they've dragged this on, I like it in a way. The last thing I want is for TPTB to rush into it. That would give them an excise to end it, and I don't like that idea. I'm happy for them to take it slow, fill it with angst and let them naturally come together. I don't want them to go 'oh, we best do it now, then' and throw them together for the sake of ratings.

Precisely! Our scene was gorgeous :) AND there was continuity. Red letter day, methinks.

Oh, my, don't give them ideas. That really would suck. Hopefully we will get a mention of Jake at some point. The poor guys just disappeared. I hope he's not dead... no seriously, we know what Calleigh's like with her boyfriends, they all end up hurt somehow.
    Don't go! Have new hiphugger jeans, cupcakes and panties and stay! :)

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. EricDelko = Luv

EricDelko = Luv Victim

so i thought the episode was great. the E/C moments were very nice. They were both really protective of each other and it was cute. Maybe since Calleigh mentioned how they never talk about his injury it will open something up between them so they can talk about it. i think there could be some double meaning behind some of the things they said (like how Calleigh said she 'feels for him'), but i don't think they are already together.

i also loved the tape-recording part bc you can really hear the smile in Eric's voice when he is talking about Calleigh, but, in my opinion, i don't really think it gave Ryan anything to comment about. i hope i'm wrong, but since we didn't get to hear what he was going to say about Calleigh, it just seems like Ryan won't feel the need to say "Eric mentioned Calleigh during therapy", you know? of course, as gossipy as the lab is, he may still say something. Since it was even put in the episode, i'm hoping something will come from it.

-

4. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

I loved the E/C scene in the locker room, and I am happy to know that I'm not alone when she said "us".
    I am hoping that the writers give us something good in the finale, still I don't want them to get Eric and Cal together too fast, otherwise it's going to turn out like in Grey's Anatomy, when they got McDreamy and Meridith together, the writers didn't know what to do next, since it's too early in the show still, so they broke them up again. Appart from that I kind of feel like the Miami writers do need to take another step in this relationship, like you guys have been saying, because as much as I enjoy the E/C scenes, I want to see more.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I too like the way things have gone between them (though painfully slow :vulcan:) but it's better than just this quick fling and then it's over.

What I would love to see in the finale would be something from Calleigh's side. Everything she does or says is so encrypted and could be interpreted in so many ways that I want something definitive from her. It doesn't have to be anything too big just enough for us to know where she stands. Eric's feelings have been clearly stated, Calleigh's not so much.

6. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

But that's Calleigh. She's so incredibly evasive, I love it. While it'd be good for us to have some form of confirmation, I'm not sure if it'd be out of character for it to happen. It's very rare for her to be direct, especially when it comes to her emotions, so I'm not sure I could see her saying something that couldn't later be refuted. It's always the case where she'll say something that could mean one thing, but if it stands that she'll get hurt, she'll change what she means. That wonderful self preservation thing Calleigh does so well. All the times she's say 'I trust you' when really, we know she means something more.

I'd like to have some indication of her sincerity, but I think it'll be more actions and metaphors than direct words. But, like I said, I like that. We're not the average ship.

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Very well put Adorelo :D

I think in Calleigh's own way she said a lot last night. I mean it was no profession of love by any means but it was a step in the right direction as far as she is concerned. She is taking little steps. She doesn't wear her heart on her shirt sleeve like Eric does so the little steps and comments she makes are important in the weight or magnitude b/c it is difficult for her to communicate or express her emotions.

I really think the finale will leave us off like last years did; wondering. At the end of last year we were all wondering if she went with Jake or if she talked to Eric about the kiss and then almost immediately in the premiere we got our answer. So I think we might get a situation close along those lines. A situation or a moment happens between them and we are left wondering what it could mean. And it would be ominous in the sense that it could go either way but it would definately get us talking like last years finale did. Although if something like that were to occur I feel way more confident this year than I did last that it would be a positive not a negative.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I totally agree with you. Still I think that if the relationship does goes forward there has to be a point were her feelings are clearly noted. Like I said, it doesn't have to be anything big, cause it's pretty doubtful she'll do anything like that. But just a step up from sweet smiles and concern. When she dated all the previous guys (Hagen, Jake, etc.) we never heard a heartfelt confession of her interest for neither of them, but we still knew for sure she liked them. I'm just saying that even if we hiphuggers know for sure she likes (loves ;)) Eric, it's not so clear to the rest of the world as it was when she dated these other guys. There was something more that made it clear.

Ok I hope that made sense I don't know if all I wrote will be understood :lol:

But I understand what you're saying and I completely agree that Calleigh's reactions are very, well Calleigh ;)

9. Weapons_Tech

Weapons_Tech Victim

I agree with all of you but I still think that the writers owe us after a CaKe Season 5 Finale,so hopefully we get something good out of this

*Fingers Crossed*

10. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Made sense to me :).

I know what you mean about the subtle signs. Which is why, if Caro's correct with her thought that have already gotten them together, I'll be annoyed because we've not had that step up. Sure, we've had concern, we've had kindness, but its' nothing new; they're best friends. While it won't be drastic, there has to be a switch there. Somethings got to stand out. When they get together, we should be able to see the difference between them being professional at work, and more carefree together. We won't get the whole 'I love you' spiel from Calleigh, not for a while anyways, but you're right, there has to be a difference.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I would be sooo pissed of if they are already together :scream: I really want the writers to let us be part of the whole thing. A flashback scene, though cute as it may be, will probably not be the same ;) Although it's EC and their hotness when they get together, whichever way, may change my mind :lol:

12. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

I'm not going to lie, I definitely expected a bit more...something in the EC scene last night, but I am so down with what we got (yes, Jodie, I know I'm white). The "do it for us" deal seemed more "us" meant the lab rather than Calleigh and Eric. I would love for it to mean that, but based on the context and all that fun stuff...

Anyway, maybe Horatio will be put in a coma for next season and for once we'll get other characters/CSI-type stuff as a story rather than Horatio's ridiculously dramatic life. Stupid dramatic little man.

Speaking of dramatic though, how many more times can Eric's injury come back to bite him in the butt? They already did that competency hearing and all that fun stuff, Eric is fully functional, and he's being supervised. They need to play out his injury in a different direction. That conversation between Eric and Calleigh last night was great. They talked about his injury in a way it needed to be addressed. They semi discussed the personal and professional ramifications, and it was good. So I definitely lost my train of thought. I had a good idea or something, but it's gone. I guess that's all for me.

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

:lol:

Agreed. As much as I heart the continuity, it's strange how they pick it and drop it when it suits. I like how it was ramifications (I don't even know if that's the right word :lol: but it gets forgotten about so easily. I know they can't constantly bring it up, but a random comment of, 'yeah, just got a headache' would be cool. Like, it's not a big deal, he's not about to get fired or anything, it's just a moment in a case. It's real.

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Yes! That would be great...Horatio in a coma and Calleigh running the lab. I'm so damned sick of all the Horatio-with-a-crazy-relative-coming-out-of-the- woodwork drama.

Although I am highly pessimistic about getting an E/C confirmation in the final episode, I do hope it happens...something we can dream about, and write fanfics about, over the summer. I wish it could be something where we find out that Calleigh has the same feelings for Eric, that he has for her (even if he isn't privy to the information). See...that would make for great summer fanfic.

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Finally we got to see some great Eric and Calleigh scenes. I'm glad that the writers are still talking about Eric's shooting and Calleigh's kidnapping. I really hope that we get to see more scenes with Eric and Calliegh next week, because I can't wait four months to see the next episode!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.