Episode 6x20 - 'Down to the Wire' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 12, 2008.

1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Wow, was that ending a lead in for next week!

I thought it was a good episode, though a little hard to follow sometimes. I think the situation with Calleigh could have been better explained.

The promo for next week looks awesome! I hope we see Kyle again. I'm starting to miss him...

2. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Absolutely LOVE this episode. The PI was evil. So was Stetler but not as much, at least to me that is. I cant help but love the interaction between Calliegh and Eric. She was concerned about Eric and the 'cheat sheet' as its been called. And while this maybe my inner shipper talking but was Cal. ready to cry b/c of what was discussed in the locker room or just her being dismissed??

And I asked this over on another CSI MIAMI site but, I have to ask here too. And be truthful in answering! How many knew where the second listening device was? Or even that you didnt worry at all when the first was revealed b/c you knew that there was nother one somewhere?

And I saw previews for next week. And all I have to say is OMG!

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I thought the ep. was OK, but here's the thing — if everything that happened to all the CSIs in the lab could ruin one case, then couldn't they ruin every case? I mean, the website and Cal's kidnapping is public knowledge, Eric's bullet in the head is public knowledge, Ryan getting fired and rehired is public knowledge - so can't this compromise every case? How is H taking down this PI going to help matters? EVERYONE knows this, and any good lawyer would use this all the time. Frankly, the entire team should really be on desk duty, including H.

I think the scene in the locker room between Eric and Cal was sweet - glad they're touching on both their incidents. You have to wonder how "OK" Eric is - I mean, TPTB should never should have written that he got shot in the head b/c his credibility is always going to be questioned now. And then it's going to get old...real fast.

(And of course, no sign of Horatio when Cal — his ACE — gets kicked out of her own fire arms lab by Stetler. :rolleyes: What the hell, folks? :scream: LOVE how H there for everyone else on his team but Cal, yet again. :rolleyes: I'm really sorry to get on this again, guys, but this is sooo absurd. I think this has to do w/the writers than shooting schedules. I mean, if Adam and Emily's schedules don't "mesh" next year, will they just drop their friendship out of the show? :wtf: :):stomps off to watch the REAL Horatio in "Dispo Day":: )

In a nutshell, I don't quite know what to think of this episode. At first, it was kind of interesting - the innocent guy getting shot and swat citing protocol. But then it just became this weird soap opera thing w/ a "mafia" PI guy, an affair and a voice distorter ... I don't know. It was just .. eh. The best parts were when Cal and Eric actually addressed their respective issues. I also liked the scene w/Ryan and Eric - glad that Eric opened up to Ryan and actually told him that it was his fault Cal was taken off the case. Shows he somewhat trusts the guy. But I still don't feel the camaraderie of the team like I used to. It's all paired off and very disjointed.

Overall, I thought the ep. was kind of predictable - especially the end, where H shows up. I definitely saw that coming.

The most interesting part for me, which I didn't see coming, was Eric and Cal going through the PI's things. Cal really scored on that one, didn't she? Dirt on Julia and Ron, and her boss to boot! Definitely a set up for next week - wonder what's on those discs, especially Horatio. Maybe him kicking the crap out of the pedaphile?? Hope Cal takes a listen - I'd like to see what's going on there. And did anyone else think that Cal and Eric were gonna meet up w/Horatio at the end w/the discs and be like, "H, we got trouble." I mean, that would've been cool.

As for the promo -was the ceiling collapsing on Cal??? Anyway, looks like Season 6 will go out w/bang, if nothing else. I'm not getting my hopes up for quality, though, b/c that doesn't seem to be "in style" this season.

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I completely knew there was a recorder under the pepper shaker. It was such an obvious camera shot. There was no other reason to do an entire shot of just the waitress placing the shaker on the table! I watch too much CSIM. :lol:

5. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

"Frank, it's called Crime Scene Investigation" :lol:
    This was so cheesy it had a crust. I almost choked on my breakfast laughing so hard.
    The rest was mainly buildup for next week...

6. Megamel

Megamel Victim

I didn't know it was a pepper shaker, but I wondered why the waitress put something on the table that she had stuck under her arm. As a waitress, I would never do that. ha ha. But I knew when the wire was revealed that they must have had a backup or someone listening in. I missed the first twenty minutes of the show. Was Kyle not in this one either?

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

The episode was pretty good especially Eric and Calleigh's problems;).
    I liked the scene in the locker room when finally Calleigh faced Eric about his brain troubles without hurting him. I mean it was time to face them and to face the fact he came back too soon.
    I'm really glad she finally told him it wast time to wonder how "OK" he is. Plus there was no better way to face this problem cause she really could have hurt him especially his pride. I still can't understand how he can say he's ok cause obviously he's not and I don't think he will ever be or a least he won't be for years. Still I can't understand their choice to shoot the guy but I can accept it. What I can't accept is their choice to make him come back after one month (cause after the record it's sure he came back after a month) without anyone being there for him as a tutor:rolleyes:.
    Anyway I liked how Calleigh told him it was time to wonder how he is "OK" also not telling him what his notes provoked in term of her "website&kidnapping" stuff.

I also appreciated how Eric fianlly told Ryan it was his fault Calleigh was taken off the case.
    It was time for Eric to understand he provoked some trouble to that girl and I was really glad he said it to Ryan. I think it's pretty cute the fact he said it to Ryan who let's just say is not his best friend;)

Exactly my thought miamirocks. I still don't understand how they all can work without being on desk duty everyday:rolleyes:.

As for the PI I have to tell he wasn't that wrong with our CSIs problems. I mean how could they work in the lab with their pasts without troubles????
    We've got
    -SuperH who just killed almost the whole population of Brazil:eek:.
    -Calleigh who has just been kidnapped and was the protagonist of a spectacular shooting....and we all know the other problems which were mentioned in "One of our Own".
    -Ryan who sets people up, is a gambler, gets fired and rehired without motivations (especially his rehiring).
    -Eric who has a bullet in his brain but still he works as if anything happened
    -Natalia the mole.
    I mean there's no credibility in this lab:rolleyes:. I wouldn't be surprised if they all were members of "mala noche" and Speed was the only good guy of the team who got killed by them.

The storyline could have been more intersting but still it was ok for me.

As for the ending I liked it especially when Calleigh first picked up Julie's/Ron's CD and then Horatio's CD.
    Loved her stunned face in that moment....she obviously doesn't know anything about what H made in these last few episodes and I'm pretty sure she will do anything to help or solve the problems next episode.
    Plus it was such a good way to introduce us to the next episode.

Just a question as I saw first the preview and then the episode.
    Didn't you notice, in the scene when Ryan was in the A/V lab tracking the guy, that in the other lab there were glasses of liquids which were shaking badly with everyone staring at them????. It looked like there was a heartquake. Could it have been a sort of premonition for us about what's going to happen with Calleigh's lab celling????:confused:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really liked this episode. It really got my attention when SWAT shot the guy at the beginning and the guy was explaining to H how it all went down. Cool beggining. :thumbsup:

The scene with Cal and Stetler. She's just the best. I love how she was so pissed and how the whole conversation went. I actually felt sorry for him. Though I do love to hate him. :p

Eric and Calleigh's scene was just the best!!! I love that someone finally asked him about the injury and that it was Cal. Their friendship is just so close and they care for each other so much. And my shippy heart was so happy. :D

The ending was great with Eric and Cal in the vault looking at the cd's. Great way to "begin" the next episode.

Of course we knew there had to be another wire. But it would've been so much worse if the PI had fallen for the first one. So I give them points for that.

Overall great episode, can't wait for the finale :)

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Count me in!

I actually loved this episode. I think Tom Sizemore added an edge to it and I enjoyed his performance. He's so great at playing these sleezeballs. :D Although one thing caught my attention. He was saying that Eric's credibility would go down the drain once he played the recording on YouTube. Well, even so, that private session wouldn't be admissible in court so no matter how 'unreliable' Eric may be if/when he testifies or if/when his evidence is used, that tape can never be used against him. So, in that case, Eric's fine. His reputation outside of court on the other hand would have been a different story.

Heh, my family got a kick out of the end where the bug was in the pepper shaker and Horatio finally got him. That was an awesome moment, lol. Also, is it just me or was Rossi and Horatio wearing almost the exact same thing? I wonder if it was supposed to be that way.

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

:lol: - Glad you enjoy that "Dispo Day" reference, Speed_Cochrane.

OK, one timeline thing that's bugging me ... Calleigh said she's been on the force for 10 years, but in the Season 4 finale "One of Our Own," the FBI guy said she'd been in Miami at the lab for 10 years ... so what's up with the timeline? :confused: Consistency much? Just throwin' it out there ...

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah i know I caught that too ;) I guess 10 is a much more round number than to say 11 1/2???/ ;)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought that too. I was like, ok so it's always gonna be ten years?:lol::lol:

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Like Jack Benny, she doesn't want to give her true age. Emily is 39 and will want to be 39 for ever.

14. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Ok so now what I am wonder is now that Calleigh notices Horatios CD since all those had secrets about each person including Horatio. will Calleigh listen to that CD and if so, What the hell is in the cd?

15. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Exactly! What the hell is in that CD. Maybe proof of all of the people H has shot? Perhaps proof that H is really Superman in disguise. This is the kind of thing that makes you go "Hmmmm".