Votes: 6 9.5%
  • No, I don't think she was too hard on him at all

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
I've seen a lot of discussion about this in other threads, so I thought I'd try to consolidate it here...

Going on the assumption that Lindsay does not know that Danny slept with Rikki, do you think her anger towards Danny in episodes 416-419 for not turning to her in his grieving process was justified? Do you think she was too hard on him, or was her reaction totally merited?

She doesn't know? She's supposed to be a CSI.

Anyway.

She takes things too far at times, but she is justified in some circumstances. As much as I love Danny, he has been hard on her over those episodes, and , I guess, she has a right to be a little mad.

I wonder if her anger stems from not knowing what's going on. Ignorance leads to irritation and it could simply be that. That said, I'm one of the folks who thinks she can't possibly not suspect anything. So, maybe I'm wrong and it's that.

I missed 417 and half of 418:)rolleyes:), so I'm not going to comment on those. In right next door (I think), her anger is pretty justified (considering Danny's behaviors) but when she continued is throughout, and into the other episodes (though I am one for continuity), that's when she took it too far.

She's also stepping back across the line into 'unprofessional land' (though again, the continuity is nice). Being 'off' with him at work is not how the situation should be handled.

She went too far in the end, even if it stemmed from justifiable reasoning.

I voted sort of. I feel that eventhough she knows she (as she told Mac) is not good at those kind of situations, and although Danny didn't know she was in love with him, he sure must have known that he was one of her closest friends - or even his best friend, as she told him later.

It's not like we've seen her push him away, and he had been there for her during her trial, so being his (girl)friend I think she had every right to think that he would come to her for comfort this time, giving her the opportunity to support him. When he didn't though, she gave him his space and then when she tried to ask him to lunch she got some quite obvious excuse.

She could've perhaps handled things differently, but we know she has some trust issues and the feeling that something is wrong and she doesn't have all the details and on the other hand is perhaps scared to find out those details, makes her angry, not only at him, but at herself too.

No. What she said to him was not justified. As Top said in the PF grading thread, if she was concerned for him and wanted to be there for him she should have communicated that in a caring and supportive way. Then if he continued to push her away I could see how she would start to get irritated. But she did nothing to show him she was concerned or wanted to be there for him and then all of a sudden got pissed and went off on him. She went from zero to sixty in .0000001 seconds.

How was he supposed to know she was there for him if she never went to him and told him that? Did I miss an episode where it was revealed that Danny is psychic? Just because they have been dating doesn't mean he automatically knows she's there for him. Remember, he feels responsible for Ruben's death. Maybe he didn't go to her because he didn't feel worthy of her comfort. She never gave him a chance to explain why he didn't lean on her. And the I have to find a way to stop loving you was just sickening. Danny was/is emotionally devistated and hasn't been behaving like his usual self since Ruben died. Not to attempt to talk with him and instead to talk at him doesn't hint at any level of respect, understanding or concern, let alone love. He's going through one of the worst things in his life and she's essentially telling him she's abandoning him for not grieving the "right" way? How is that not meant to heap on more emotional trauma? He may not have been "right" to push her away, but he didn't deserve the tongue lashing he got either.

Last edited:
Going on the assumption that Lindsay does not know that Danny slept with Rikki, do you think her anger towards Danny in episodes 416-419 for not turning to her in his grieving process was justified? Do you think she was too hard on him, or was her reaction totally merited?

As I've mentioned in another thread, I find her behaviour rather baffling and out of proportion to the situation. I'm not sure if she is angry per se, she seems to go through ups and downs and all kinds of emotions in one episode that I find it quite difficult to define her overall feelings about the situation. :lol: The only way I could see it being justified would be if she did know or have an inkling that something had gone on between Danny and Rikki.

Sure, I think that she could justifiably be annoyed or a bit upset that he hasn't turned to her to help him grieve, and she may have run out of patience with him, but I really think it's got to the point where they need to have a talk, whether we see it on screen or not. Her current behaviour makes her seem childish, uncaring and unsympathetic which I'm not sure is the best thing.

Elsie: (quote thing's freezing my screen :eek:).

I agree. In some ways. I got more 'irritation' than 'anger' from her, which is why I wasn't entirely sure it was unjustified She went through so many emotions in those few short screens, it was almost impossible to decipher what she was actually trying to get across.

Irritation I can understand, and if that's what Anna was trying to convey, I can see why. But the irritation, if that's what it was, was so 'high strung' that is became too much. That crossing of the line make her seem to take it too far. I don't know. I'm still not sure what Anna wanted Lindsey to feel.

I replied 'A little, but she took it too far' based on what we've seen on screen. I was toying between this one and the 'sort of, but she was justified'. The fact is, I don't know if she was justified or not because it just hasn't played out yet, hence my answer.

I think her reactions seem disproportionate in light of her not knowing about Rikki and us not knowing the state of play between D/L before Ruben died. I actually wonder if her reactions have been played out this way to illustrate the whole 'i'm not very good at this' routine. Still, it doesn't make much sense.

I do believe that Lindsay must have tried to reach out to Danny even if her attempts were likely awkward and clumsy. I think from his acknowledgement last episode of pushing her away that she must have given him enough that on reflection he knows she was reaching out to him, even if he didn't understand (or didn't want to) at the time.

Danny knows Lindsay better than anyone imo so yes, he would understand how his rejection of her would hurt. But, he was so consumed by his grief he didn't see it.

So, as for Lindsay being justified in her anger I'd have to say not entirely.

Based on what we've seen in the episodes, I don't think anger was justified at all on Lindsay's part. Based on what she knows, the only thing Danny has done is not ask for her help in dealing with Rueben, and that he passed on her invitation for lunch, and that is all. She doesn't know about Rikki, and thus can't be angry over that whatsoever.

To Lindsay, Danny not talking to her about Rueben is the cardinal sin, and she lashes out at him with her monologue in the same episode. I could see if maybe she had repeatedly tried to talk to him about it or at least showed any evidence of having said she was there for him, but she didn't. CANONLY, she does nothing that shows that she was trying to help or that he was pushing her away. If I were her, yeah I'd be upset that he hadn't confided in me, but then again, she pushed him away during her crisis even though he repeatedly lets her know that he is there for her. Maybe if there was a scene showing how she tried to help and he pushed her away, her anger would make more sense, but as of now it really doesn't.

I kind of said sort of because i'm on the same page as adorelo in that irritation in my mind i could understand because being simply frustrated by the whole situation does mess with your head at the best of times.

The amount of times i've given up trying to make sense and just got angry and walked off its like as much as you want to talk it out work it all out part of you thinks why bother or more why now. Though for me its usually to do with PMT adding to it.

A lot of it also i feel is because she can't read Danny as much as he shows his emotions its hard to get a stance on where he is or if now is a good time. Justified kind of i think is just frustration and telling herself it wouldn't interfere with her work to Mac its almost like she wanted to prove that to herself.

Tho with the other vote it also for if she knew or guessed she would probably be worried possibly about what he might say which does make emotions a bit wild.

I realize I worded the poll differently than the thread topic--sorry about that guys! :eek:

Anyway, I don't feel Lindsay's anger was justified meaning yes, I do think she was too hard on him. I think she could have confronted him in a better way than she did and said, "Look, I'm trying to be here for you; please tell me what I can do" rather than "I've fallen in love with you and I have to find a way to get over that." The latter is just cruel and meant to hurt someone who is clearly already suffering; the former would have given him a chance to see she really cared about him and given him an actual opportunity to open up to her.

Her behavior from that point on was the height of childishness. Adults talk about their problems and hear each other out. Lindsay acted like a teenager who wanted to teach her boyfriend a lesson.

If she'd known that Danny had slept with Rikki, I could have accepted and understood the behavior, but she didn't. So as it stands, I think it was a baffling over-reaction.

I think she was completey unjustified...someone who Danny was suppose to be taking are of a child none the less was killed, he feels responsible. When someone dies most people just want to grieve by themselves. after hearing 'I'm Sorry' from 1,253,458 people it becomes kind old and starts to sound condesending. Not to mention the only thing Lindsay after Danny finds out Ruben has died is "I'm not really good at this sort of thing":rolleyes: really Lindsay? She comes off as selfish...

Her monologue is about how what Danny is going through is effecting her. Apparently if they are in a relationship, which I do not think they are, it's the Lindsay show which means she can push him away when something bad happens and she has years to deal with it, but cannot give Danny his space for a couple of months. Maybe he thought he was protecting her, because bad things seem to happen around him (Ruben, Flack in COTP, Stella in AA, Aiden in Heroes, Louie RSRD) people around him get hurt or killed so maybe he needed to decompress.

It was stated before that Lindsay does not know about Rikki )that we know of). So she is just mad because and tells him off because he was not leeting you into his grieving process. really what is she angery about because she is either selfish or one of those fill in the blank girls that needs someone around so she has a personality.

Well, I went with the first option. Lindsay exaggerated a lot after RND. It all magically started with that weird and if I might add unprofessional reaction in front of Hawkes in the lab, continued with the Monologue of Doom (which I think it was the weirdest thing among all) followed by leaving evidence around, and the second weird phone call to Danny. To me, her actions don't make any sense, she's surprising, but not in the good way IMO

Lindsay exaggerated a lot after RND. It all magically started with that weird and if I might add unprofessional reaction in front of Hawkes in the lab, continued with the Monologue of Doom (which I think it was the weirdest thing among all) followed by leaving evidence around, and the second weird phone call to Danny. To me, her actions don't make any sense, she's surprising, but not in the good way IMO

That's exactly what I thought, too. None of her actions make sense with the events that set them into motion (i.e. Danny not talking to her about Rueben). Maybe if the relationship (if there was one) had been fleshed out to make sense during the show, and her reasons for being angry at Danny were more justified, those actions wouldn't be so questionable. Her simply telling him that she was upset that he felt he couldn't talk to her about Rueben would be a much more acceptable response, rather than throwing a clipboard into his hands and telling him she has to "let go of her love" for him.

I want to feel some sympathy for her, being shut out of the life of the person she thinks she's in love with. But her behaviour just precludes that.

She started off after Ruben died with selfish commentary - "I'm not really good at this sort of thing." If she'd have asked Mac how to help him instead, it would have conveyed much the same meaning, but put the emphasis on the person who is grieving and seemed far less selfish. But Lindsay seems to think of one person first all the time - hardly conducive to a good relationship.

I think what she did in front of Sheldon after Mac had told her to catch Danny up was unprofessional and even more, it was just plain out of order. In my mind, Danny would have every right to be pissed off with her after she shows him up like that in front of someone else. Making someone look like an idiot in front of a colleague just isn't cool.

Then there is the Monologue of Doom. You know, I don't have an issue with the fact that she stated how she felt being shut out but I do have one with how she did it - heaping more guilt onto Danny by saying "I've fallen in love with you and I have to find a way to get over that." Again with the emphasis on herself.

And lastly, when Danny does reach out to her because he wants to make things right, she pushes him away. It just makes her come off as a brat who only wants to do things on her terms.

I want to feel some sympathy for her, being shut out of the life of the person she thinks she's in love with. But her behaviour just precludes that.

She started off after Ruben died with selfish commentary - "I'm not really good at this sort of thing." If she'd have asked Mac how to help him instead, it would have conveyed much the same meaning, but put the emphasis on the person who is grieving and seemed far less selfish. But Lindsay seems to think of one person first all the time - hardly conducive to a good relationship.

I think what she did in front of Sheldon after Mac had told her to catch Danny up was unprofessional and even more, it was just plain out of order. In my mind, Danny would have every right to be pissed off with her after she shows him up like that in front of someone else. Making someone look like an idiot in front of a colleague just isn't cool.

Then there is the Monologue of Doom. You know, I don't have an issue with the fact that she stated how she felt being shut out but I do have one with how she did it - heaping more guilt onto Danny by saying "I've fallen in love with you and I have to find a way to get over that." Again with the emphasis on herself.

And lastly, when Danny does reach out to her because he wants to make things right, she pushes him away. It just makes her come off as a brat who only wants to do things on her terms.
Could not agree with more...and I love you calling it the Monologue of Doom:lol:...because for her character it really it. Up til that point I did not agree, but I could understand, okay so she was upset she will calm down and apologize for being unprofessional and acting so selfishly. BUT NOO...instead of admiting she is inconsiderate she blames all her crazy behavior on Danny and the fact that is not coming to her to grieve...WTF:confused:? To all the people who think her anger was justified forget that Danny supported her all through her trail and let her have space when she asked for it. If Danny had acted this way through her ordeal would you not be calling him an @$$hole and everything else in the book?

Back