Grade 'Personal Foul'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 7, 2008.

?

How would you grade Personal Foul?

1. A+

17 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. B

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. C

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

No you are right. We shouldnt equate Rikki to Voldemort....the guy at least is a more interesting character than Rikki.Despite his viciousness!;)

I am just wondering and i would like some answers cause i am really curious.

Since Lindsay is a character so useless...selfish and hypocritical,as a professional doesnt really give anything different and the character is not popular. And on the other hand Rikki is made from all kinds of wonderful, and she was such an important and inetresting part of the last episodes.I want to make two questions

Why doesnt TPTB hasnt shown Lindsay the exit door?I mean in Lost there were two characters (Paolo and his girlfriend) who were killed because the audience hated their guts.Is TPTB afraid of hurting Anna's feelings?

or Even if Lindsay stayed...why didnt they just drop the whole DL storyline completely and make Danny continue his great relationship with Rikki and just keep her but because she is not a CSI to make very rare appearances. I mean honestly... why throw the goose with the golden eggs? and instead make Danny plead Lindsay to go over and told her he misses her?

Just curious

2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Yeah, that should've been a better line, but -like you said- our dear writers, unfortunately, still think that we suffer from amnesia when things aren't repeated every other week :rolleyes:...Lindsay's from Montana, Sid was a doctor, Danny says boom! a lot, when someone else says boom! we need to be told that it's what Danny usually does, and the last couple of weeks I thinks every time Reed came on screen it was mentioned that he has a blog :rolleyes:

I think you were referring to me and I didn't mean that actually walking in the rain is silly (I like to walk when there's a full moon, because I like the way the eerie light makes the world look a little surreal :eek:), but admitting that to someone could make you feel a bit silly or slightly embarrased.

Or it could be proof that Lindsay and Danny were (are?) indeed best friends and that Flack was/is jealous of that relationship...They were supposed to go that game together and since Lindsay apparently didn't want to go anymore, Danny decided to take Flack instead. So Flack doesn't necessarily has to dislike Lindsay or don't approve off the relationship, but he doesn't like that he has to share Danny's friendship.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

she-who-must-not-be-named aka Lady V, becuase I cant and wont write her name down. simple as that. I dont care enough for her to compare her to anyone

or it simply said - as Dutch said, that he should piss Lindsay more often so they can spent more time together, seeing as they are best friends and all and Danny and Lindsay were spending too much time together to his liking? that would have been my wild guess

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

There are a lot of factors and people and input that goes into making a television show. I think some people are under the impression that the writers have complete control over everything. Do you know, for instance, that the network goes over every script and has notes that somehow need to be addressed by the writers? That's why so many things change from the initial spoilers we get. Not to mention that CSI: NY has something like 11 exec producers. I doubt Mendelsohn and Donahue spend much time worrying about the show--they have their own to run--but any of those EPs could give notes, etc.

Anna also has a contract. I suppose that could be broken, but I assume some or all of it would have to be paid out.

Anyway, that's just to provide a little info--there's more to the story than "she's still on the show, so TPTB must love her!" I am certain they don't find her nearly as offensive as I do, or as some of my fellow posters do. For all we know, they do love her. Or, they love the idea of getting a certain audience (i.e. younger) with the Danny/Lindsay romance storyline, and now that that train has started, they see no reason for it to stop.

I don't think they will get rid of her--I do think they should.[/quote]

I think Danny turning to Flack every time he needs help or emotional support and pulling away from Lindsay proves that Danny and Lindsay are definitely not best friends. I do think Flack probably thinks Lindsay has taken up more of Danny's time than he'd like, so it's likely that's part of what's frustrating him. I still think, given Flack's behavior towards her, that he's not a big fan of Lindsay's.

I'm sure Flack's a little jealous. ;) Either way, it suggests he doesn't like her.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

ETA: Darn you, Top, for posting before me and saying it better. :p

...You 'care' enough to not say her name and come up with an alternative, but whatever.

Or it could be a little of both. To quote myself from earlier in the thread:

"~ Presuming that Flack mentions Lindsay because he knew it was originally supposed to be Lindsay at the game with Danny, that tells me that Danny is neglecting poor Donnie-boy. Be nice to Donnie, Mess, he's the one who's always there for you, remember? (And boy, it sure didn't look like Flack was scolding Danny to me. ;))"

:rolleyes:

Well, I don't profess to be in the writers' minds or know what they--or the network--want or are planning. I also don't know what anybody else involved with the show thinks or wants. However, I do know that Jacqueline Pinol has been a recurring guest star and, as such, wouldn't be under contract. Anna Belknap, however, was put under contract immediately after joining the show in spite of the original report that she would start out recurring.

Plus, of course, there's the fact that Lindsay really doesn't have much outside of Danny-the-lapdog running around after her.

I'm sure your post was meant as a smackdown of sorts, but I hate to break it to you--this is a message board, and we're going to share our opinions whether you get butthurt over the idea of us liking Rikki or whatever else. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

maybe to you. I always got the impression that they actually understand each other and that he in a way approves of Dannys choice in GF

when did he exactly turned to Flack for emotional support? definitely not lately. he has been shutting out everyone not just Lindsay and when Flack called him out on it he more or less told him to mind his own business

7. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

You are wrong to assume things. I was honestly curious. people tend to get a bit offensive and upset with my posts but thats ok...i really dont mind opposite opinions...i actually enjoy them.....the world would be such a boring place if everyone agreed.

And to be totally honest....i am a bit of a meanie and i really enjoy seing people hating a character so much as Linds is hated here but still are forced to watch her week after week .... i understand you though.....id be like you if Rikki for example was on my screen everyweek. Id probably reside on a "Why Rikki Must Go" thread too since there is really nothing else someone could do about it ;)

8. Top41

What on screen has led you to believe that?

On the Job, RSRD, Heroes, Comes Around, etc. I'm probably forgetting a few. And yes, Flack had to chase him in All in the Family, but Danny did eventually open up and reveal what was bothering him. Or rather, Flack was close enough to Danny and knew him well enough to guess--which is far more than can be said for Lindsay, who apparently doesn't think Danny has a right to choose how he grieves over the death of a child.

I feel worse for the many struggling actresses who might watch the show and wonder, "How did a woman with so little talent as Anna Belknap land a regular gig on a hit show?" ;)

Agreed. Danny actually let many people in during his grieving process--Mac, Angell, Flack, Rikki. It was just Lindsay he chose to shut out, perhaps because she never really reached out to him--unless she wanted/needed something. Too bad that wasn't acknowledged, but then, she doesn't know he banged someone else, so I guess they're sort of even. :lol:

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I don't see any understanding between Flack and Lindsay. In fact I don't see much of anything between them. They are work colleagues, he and Danny are friends/colleagues. He obviously knew that Lindsay was supposed to go to the game with Danny and the 'dirty' looks that some of you see, to me were a reflection of his discomfort at her being there. After all, no-one wants to be around a 'couple' when they're at cross purposes. I really think Flack would just mind his own business and not get involved in what's between D/L. Also, he knows more than most that Danny's not the easiest person in the world so I really can't see him judging Lindsay on her behaviour, besides I really doubt he knows any of the details.

I think that Flack was the only person able (or appropriate in terms of the writers choice) to get through to Danny at that point. I think even if Danny had been letting Lindsay in he wouldn't have wanted her involved in that. Not to mention it wouldn't have worked at all well on screen. It worked perfectly with Flack because they have a history of Flack helping Danny out. It works well because they have a very 'guy' type relationship where Flack wouldn't judge Danny or even be personally affected by his actions (at least not on an emotional level). But then again that is just MY opinion. :p

Yes it is. And the whole D/F 'gay' thing is your fantasy, a fantasy shared by a number of people on this board but a fantasy nontheless! :)

10. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

First, if Flack and Lindsay have this supposed understanding why is her shooting daggers at her when she is working crime scene at the arena. The only unspoken agreement that they have is that Flack understand Danny was wasting time with her because he does not want to admit to himself that he is gay. Flack laughs at Danny's joke then scowled at Lindsay. I do not usually send people dirty looks that I have an understanding with.

To the second question the only person Danny would let help him through Ruban's death was Flack...Lindsay herself said Danny shut her out so he isn't talking to her. We watched on screen Danny telling Don that he felt responsible for what happened. That is way more than he said to Lindsay not to mention with men actions speak louder than words...so when Danny was seeking out Rikki he gave Flack half of the list of places he was headed. That was turning to him for support letting Flack help him with a very important task. (Not to mention he admitted to Flack that Rikki took his gun when he could have made up a bullsh*t excuse.)

But that is just my opinion.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I find it equally maddening and amusing that people who dislike Lindsay can come up with multiple, well thought out arguments for why she is a bad character that have nothing to do with Danny and they are labeled, by some, as "bashers" and "haters" and whatever else. Yet people can trash Rikki - a grieving mother who lost her only child at the age of 10 - as a character for no other reason than Danny put his penis in her vagina, and that's supposed to be perfectly acceptable and understandable. :wtf:

I also don't get comparing Rikki to, what sounds like, a character who is evil personified (I've never read or watched HP) or typing six words to avoid typing "Rikki" when everyone knows you're talking about Rikki just because Danny put his penis in her vagina. But maybe that's just me. :confused:

12. Top41

Eh, to each their own--everyone is entitled to hate whichever characters they would like, and love the ones they want.

I do find it interesting that Rikki and Lindsay don't seem to know about each other at all...

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I also find that interesting! I'm still not convinced that they don't know about each other and I wonder if we'll ever know either way.

Something that bugged me with this episode (as a Lindsay fan) was her comment about not knowing how much longer she can feel alone. What's that about? Now I know some of you will say it's the fact that she's so self involved. But to me, as someone who's not believed (or 'wanted' to believe) that it seems odd. In S3 I thought her behaviour was odd towards Danny and then when we got insight into her past I thought she was pushing him away because she just wasn't able to deal with it at the time. Then, when the trial was over she shifted to feeling able to pursue a relationship - it wasn't too much of a stretch in my mind and seemed to fit. Now, if I'd looked at it differently then I 'may' have just taken it at face value in terms of Danny doing everything for her and Lindsay being selfish/mean/etc. But I didn't. I liked her so I wanted to try and understand where she was coming from.

Now, I find myself again wanting to understand where she's coming from but the 'alone' comment threw me a little. It doesn't really fit with her knowing about Rikki. If she did then I'd expect her response to Danny missing her to be along the lines of 'you can't have your cake AND eat it' (or something stronger). Then, if she doesn't know about Rikki and all she knows is that Danny has been pushing her away (as it seemed in that conversation) then surely him wanting to talk to her would make her happy?? The other issue that perplexes me is that WE know about Rikki, so that shifts me again into feeling sorry for Lindsay and while understanding why Danny did what he did, I still want to be a little mad at him.

Basically what I'm trying to say is I find the whole subtext of this relationship confusing and I'm not convinced I'm going to be un-confused any time soon. :confused: But, I'm keeping an open mind until I get some answers, IF I get some answers.

Sometimes I envy the people who seem to be clear in their assessment of the situation in terms of Lindsay being selfish or those who believe that Lindsay has a right to be pissed at him on the basis of what we've seen on screen (even though she doesn't seem to know about it all). I can't sit on either side of the fence so find myself balanced somewhat precariously on top of it! :)

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Where's Lindsay from again? I forgot with the thousand times they said it on the show... *rolls eyes* */sarcasm*

Loss and grief makes you do things that you normally wouldn't. I have to be honest and say that I think Danny was experiencing a dysfunctional form of grief, and I say that because I don't think sleeping with someone to try and make them feel better isn't exactly a typical grief response. I'm not a psychiatrist/psychologist, though.

I agree with Flack possibly not liking Lindsay. I almost want to liken it to Eric and Ryan in Miami. They didn't get along at first because Ryan took Speed's job in his death. Lindsay took Aiden's job in her departure, and Flack and Aiden had a very comfortable friendship. For example, the banter between them during "Til Death Do We Part," or when they worked the case together in "Tri-Borough."

The difference is that Ryan and Eric managed to work things out because they came to an understanding. Lindsay had Danny's interest, and Flack wanted to protect his friend, which meant not mending those fences just yet.

Again, I could be way off in this, but it's something I see.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Plenty of people say things similar to what you say, but it's the way you say things that aggravates the living f*ck out of people. I wouldn't want to assume that you aim to be annoying.

(Not entirely a rant against this particular comment, but...)

We're watching a television show, so everything is 'fantasy', but anyway--Danny and Lindsay being madly-in-love from the moment she set foot in NYC, Mac and Stella being secret lovers, Flack having romantic feelings for Danny--anything like that is 'fantasy'. Flack/Stella is no more canon than Danny/Flack, etc etc. Theoretically, Flack caring for Danny is no less plausible than Flack caring for Stella, but perhaps I get grouchy when the "gay" angle is pointed out because the shows never seem to acknowledge that homosexuality does, in fact, exist for people that aren't victims or suspects. Sometimes The Gayz are attractive professionals, sometimes they are scientists or police officers or medical examiners. But I digress. [/rant]

Forgive me, but that tweaked a nerve.