slightly OT: my CSI: NY novel is out

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by KRAD, Apr 24, 2008.

1. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Delurking...

I got it shipped from US(Amazon) to Australia by UPS, and I've already finished the whole book. I read a lot of CSI novels (both LV and NY) and this one is the best.

The cases are interesting, but the best parts are about the characters. As a loyal viewer of the show from day 1, reading this book is like looking back all these years and picking up bits and pieces from what happened in Mac/Stella/Danny/Hawkes/Flack's life and how those events can still influence them now.

I especially like the way you wrote about Mac at the beginning of chapter 15, only two pages and it made me cry. I even started to understand and like Gerrard in this novel.

I haven't been posting here for a while coz English is not my first language. But I have to delurk once because I really appreciate your work!! Great work, my salute!!!

2. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

Will it be avalible in the uk libraries? or on Amazon UK?
    Congratulations on the book Cant wait to read it :)

3. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Great interview KRAD, it was very interesting to read about your views of the characters and the relationships. I'm looking forward to reading the book. :)

No idea about libraries or Amazon UK, but the book is out in the UK. I've just bought it (£6.99) from Waterstones. :) I shall read it this weekend.

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I really love this excerpt! Maybe I'll get this book this week, but that'll be hard. My friend is now in UK, I hope she'll do that for me;) Unluckily (or luckily) in Poland we have only five CSI books and translation is my the worst nightmare...

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^^ Amazon uk doesn't have a date yet (just checked) but I'm hoping it will soon because I'm really curious to read it.

7. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

My copy, which I ordered from the UK arm of Amazon arrived this morning, despite them telling me that it would be on the 6th...

If it's anything like Amazon and their dealings with Fandemonium (the company who publish SG tie-in books), date goes in, date comes off - the books are out of stock the minute they get them.

Shame, because the author who wrote the best ones - in my opinion, of course - has decided not to write any more. And while the remaining authors are readable, I'd like to see another author in the pool whose books are 'really enjoyable' rather than 'average'.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Same here :D I was like.. 'Oh?!? What are you doing here' :lol:

9. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Is it bad that I've read almost half of it already??? (I should probably give up on the Yankees game, because I'm paying almost zero attention to that despite the fact that they are winning...)

Really enjoying the insights into the characters here - I think it's great that how their pasts affect their behaviour in the present is shown. Too often this sort of insight is reserved for the near past, if at all, in the show. Coming back to things from years ago - such as with Danny and Mac, or even just a year ago, with Don - it just adds some extra dimensions to the characters.

I think the little slices of bureaucracy here and there are cool as well. Stupid office politics happens everywhere and I like that this is included here. One of the reasons I like tie-in books - small details that aren't shown on the shows.

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Sweet! :D Thanks for the info, I'll order it ASAP.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Grr the libraries haven't gotten it yet...I hope they do soon or that I can get to the bookstore.

PS I don't know if you'll necessarily find it in the mystery area; usually I find them in their own section, that is TV tie-ins and guidebooks and such.

12. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

Just got my hands on it today, from Chapters, and am already four chapters in. It's very good :D...can't wait to finish it!

13. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

^ Thanks!

14. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Awesome, I can't wait to read the book. I have a question though. Can anybody write a CSI:NY novel or do you have to have some kind of permission? I ask because I am an author too. Not published yet, but working on it and I love writing fitions about CSI. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

15. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

You have to have some kind of permission. :)

The way it works with any media tie-in book like this is the publisher buys the rights to do novels based on the property. In this case, Pocket Books bought the rights to do CSI books from CBS. Pocket then turns around and hires writers to do the books, subject to CBS's approval.