"Two and a Half Deaths" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 3, 2008.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode to me was reminiscent of "Ending Happy" a bunch of low-life losers that all hated this Anabelle and wanted her dead,:scream: like the same bunch in that ep. the beginning comment by Gil "dying is easy, comedy is hard":thumbsup: Brass, who can top his delivery? the rubber chicken gross, and all her implants, scary:cardie: The tampon part, a bit sleazy, too much info. In Hollywood, Grissom & Brass riding the cart, and pointing out the cast of "Two And A Half Men":lol:. Brass on the "jump the shark" comment, Grissom knew who the Fonz was, he just acted dumb:rommie: The women and her dead dog, I LOL at that scene, her screaming and crying:scream: Nick's comment "A mime is a terrible thing to waste" to Warrick. So the second bannana was probably the perp. and they really looked mystified at all her rhetoric, & her long drawn out comments, their expressions, classic:wtf: I didn't get the last scene, the low-life scum-bag husband cutting himself while shaving:eek: what was that all about? it was a silly/funny episode. Next week's look's intense!

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, he was drinking out of those mouthwash bottles too so he was injesting the blood thinner too and then he nicked himself and his blood wouldn't clot. Just another casualty. Though I highly doubt he would have bled that badly.

Would just be another body to add to the sidekicks killing.

3. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

The Hodges and Wendy scene was the highlight of the episode. Favourite line: "I have to choose?" Wendy's expression is priceless
    I liked the JTS comments and the line about aging women on TV...now that's self-referential writing
    David with the implants...boys will be boys. I think after Nick and Dave, probably Greg will become the third member of the "I love that plastic feeling" club forming in the morgue. :lol:

4. Sven233

Sven233 Victim

Well, I didn't really get the shavin thing at the end either, but I did come up with a theory. The show was called "Two and a Half Deaths."

Maybe they were implying that the guy at the end a going to die, but he actually didn't yet and he was the "Half" death?

I know, I am reaching, but I couldn't come up with anything else.

Decent show, but nothing great.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought the "half" death was the dog.
    I think at the end, they showed Bud bleeding profusely to emphasize that he also was poisoned because of drinking the spiked vodka, and his blood was thinned too much too.

6. Sven233

Sven233 Victim

I thought about the dog as well....

Who knows......

7. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

I actually thought it was pretty funny, although the tampon thing was a little much. The 'jump the shark'/Fonzi comments with Brass and Grissom was great as was Grissom holding the Emmy asking Bud what it was. The ep itself was what it was, the case wasn't exactly riveting but I didn't expect gold from the Two and a Half Men writers. I didn't get the shaving thing at the end, either.
    Question-what is the scene about Nick dating a younger woman (someone's daughter?) that people keep mentioning?

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

There was a spoiler a few weeks ago
    She's a waitress working her way through school. The cast list for the episode "For Gedda" which is the first episode for this character, revealed the actress's name. Someone looked her up and found that she's on the young side.

So some joked that she could be Nick's daughter due to how young she is. That's all it really is about.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  9. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Thanks, PrincessJ88, I thought I missed something there for a minute...:)

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

and its not even original, that joke was in the movie 'robin hood men in tights' 15 years ago ;)

what made this episode for me, was katey sagal. she was amazing in her two roles, ive always loved her.

its strange that the regular csi writers do a better job at comedy than the sitcom writers. the jokes were all really cheesey one liners, seemed forced and unnatural. but despite some pretty bad dialogue, the episode was pretty good. a few twists and turns, you couldnt figure it out in the first 5 minutes unlike some of the more recent episodes. the very last scene with bud cutting himself shaving and the blood pouring out was a great way to end the episode.

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't usually venture in here as I don't do spoilers but I felt I needed to comment on the show for last night. I'm glad I did come in here because now I understand the ending with Bud.

I thought the show last night was good and funny. Hey maybe I like one liners and old jokes :) I did get a kick out of seeing the guys from Two and A Half Men appearing at the side of the road. I also like Grissom playing the tourist :lol:

12. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

It was funny but it wasn't CSI, not CSI enough for me anyway. I mean after last weeks episode this weeks was a little anticlimactic. I enjoyed the one liners, and stuff like that, just not that good for me.

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well i liked it :lol: although i am easy to please with comedy.

I think the cheesy one liners were deliberate, i mean they were so bad, they have to be! But it is American network tv, so maybe not :lol:. I took it as they were making fun of CSI, since they do have a lot of cheesy on liners.

er...how is that sleazy? Its about body functions, not sex.

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I really liked this ep it was nice and light, definetly a break form the norm. Which I feel that every series needs once and a while; plus there was no left over drama coming to the surface, a clean slate.

The subtle hints and jokes were placed perfectly and made me laugh a lot.

The scene at the end eith Bud to be was a nice form of kharma, he got what was coming to him for poisioning Annabelle and Natasha.

I agree, informative about the way that things work. If they had talked about the different ways everyday products could be used for sex, then yes it would have been over done but this was for the sake of the case.

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

All in all not a bad episode. A lot of the comedy seemed pretty lame/cheesy but maybe that's what they were going for? The second to last part with the blonde chick and Grissom and Brass kinda threw me. I wasn't quite sure what it was about and I guess technically they didn't solve the crime? Is that it? Cause the guy caused her death in a way but the blonde chick did also by what she had been doing. But there's no evidence to convict either of them is there? That kind of left me hanging. Also, Bud at the end (love that guy, I met him in person a few years ago and he's extremely tall!) took me a second to get, lol! A bit much but ok.
    Enjoyed all the parts with Nick as usual. Loved what he was wearing, looking yummy! :drool: Especially the street scene. I loved his look when he saw the robot man. :lol: Not much of Warrick at all this episode was there? So next week is the season finale? It doesn't seem quit fair! I feel like we deserve more episodes because of the strike fiasco. The tv season is ending early.