Grade 'Personal Foul'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 7, 2008.

?

How would you grade Personal Foul?

1. A+

17 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. B

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. C

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Yet, that's what grief does to you. I think it was an appropriate response to his interaction with Rikki, after all that whole storyline was driven by grief and guilt. I was actually pleased to see him upset at that point, it showed progression and the fact he's no longer trying to hide from it. :)

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Um, let me check.
    *yells* Oi, Flack!
    Flack: What?
    Me: 'Will ya look in Danny's pants for me and see if he still has his balls?'
    Flack: 'Sure, just wait a sec...c'mere, Mess....*sound of unzipping an rustling* yep, he's still got 'em.'
    Danny (happy/drunk): My balls are back!!! Yeah!!! I'm a REAL BOY NOW!!!
    Flack: That's right, baby!

Yeah....I think I need to stay off the caffeine...

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

When have we seen him try to hide from his grief? He spoke about it in front of Mac, he showed it when Angell offered her condolences, he opened up a little to Flack and he turned to Rikki to offer and receive comfort. Choosing to not confide in/lean on Lindsay does not equal hiding from grief.

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Nope, but then again I didn't say anything about him not turning to Lindsay :confused:. I was thinking about him trying to find absolution/comfort in turning to Rikki. He certainly wasn't facing it imo.

Maybe 'hide' wasn't the right word but he certainly seemed to me to be attempting to bury it somewhat. Acknowledging what happened as he did with both Mac and Angell is different to dealing with it. For me, seeing him sitting alone in his apartment, noticeably upset felt like progression. I was responding to a comment about him going from happy to sad in the space of one episode. That's not so much of a stretch and reflects the normal progression of grief which tends to be all over the place. He's been a bit too controlled for my liking in the past couple of weeks.

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i gave this ep an A.

i liked the stories. the basketball one was soo obvious that it was the girl (i like to call her CSI girl since she was on CSI twice as the same characters in like 2 different seasons lol).

i wasn't too bothered by the D/L scenes. i'll keep saying it over and over again they just need to get their shit together. that's my comment about D/L for this thread.

i'm not liking how TPTB made Reed an unlikable character of late. i liked him last season but this season making him an annoying reporter i'm not into at all. i knew that he was gonna be the one to get caught by the cabbie and not Lindsay (i knew from the previews last week it wasn't gonna be her getting into the cab).... journalists what they won't do for a story.

Hawkes was good in the ep. the more screen time he has the more he kinda grows on me.

Danny and Flack at the basketball game was funny. i loved the part when Flack lifted up his shirt to show his badge.... *Homer Simpson type drool action going on*. the whole scene when they're checking the cheerleaders' lipstick was hilarious. Lindsay's face when she looked at the two way mirror had me laughing the most, that was an evil look haha.

Pissed off Mac was hot. Reed definately needed to be yelled at, Mac was trying to tell him how dangerous this cabbie guy is and Reed wasn't listening. Mac was right to get angry with. i liked his scene with Stella at the end, their scenes are always heartfelt and really good.

i liked this ep like most of the eps this part of the season. i liked the lighter parts to balance out all the drama.

6. RearWindow

RearWindow Victim

I have to say a B.

I like the taxi cab story, but Reed is getting on my worst nerves. He's like a cockroach that won't go away. And how stupid to show up on a street corner to meet someone who texts you out of the blue and then get in a taxi when that person doesn't show up. I wouldn't be sad if we never saw him again.

Hated the cheerleader and find it very difficult to believe that she was able to lose that much weight and get on to a cheer team in two years. And there are easier ways to get revenge. Just seemed to contrived to me.

What saved this ep for me is of course Flack and Danny. I'm not sure how I feel about Danny and Lindsay, but they need to stop dragging it out. Either they're together or they're not.

7. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

I gave it a D. This episode reminds me of why I stopped watching the show, which is unfortunate because last weeks ep showed some true potential to be the show CSI: NY started out as.

Fat chick gets pissed, goes on a diet and kisses a guy to death? Are you kidding me?:scream: I thought the stupid mosquito ep was the worst damage they could do.

When did Danny die and what the heck has taken his place? You don't watch the show for a season and suddenly they have a castrated clone running around after the still insipid and unlikeable so called 'country girl'. Bein' a country girl myself, I have an answer for why the 'Montana' thing keeps coming up...because otherwise you would have no clue that girl was raised in the country. She don't talk the talk and she definitely don't wrestle with the cowboys. TPTB have to keep reminding you of it or they're afraid you'll forget it. Kind of like the fauxmance going on.

SID!!! Love that man. He needs more screen time. Lindsay needs less.

Oh, and what did Anna Belknap do to piss off her make-up artist and hair stylist? Force them to watch her attempt to act? She looks terrible. The lighting doesn't do her any favors, either. Maybe they should go back to the blue tint.

Who's Adam? Bear in mind, haven't watched for a season. Gave up on the show. Only had hope when I thought they were finally coming to their senses and unloading the dead weight known as Lindsay. Should have known better. The undead...or those who's acting abilities make them seem so...never stay gone for long.

Flack is still hot as ever. I could lick that ice cream cone all day.

Stella seems to have a new sidekick. He seems vaguely familiar, as if I have seen him somewhere before....eh, it'll come to me. Until then, I'll call him Shadow Hawkes, the Boy Wonder.

Mac...gotta love Gary Sinese. He'd be the whipped cream on top of the ice cream cone I could lick all day.

OT...nice to see this place hasn't changed. Ya'all do good work.

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

My impression came after she got off the phone with him and was then desperately looking for some mode of transportation. I know that the declaration for around the clock work had come down from Mac, but it didn't appear to have gotten to everyone yet. And she had been more than content to walk in the rain before.

I don't know. Everyone will read into that scene what they want. I felt she was rushing to get somewhere, and it wasn't out of the rain.

9. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

One thing I don't get: How did that cheerleader know where that jerk was sitting?

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

He had been season holder of that seat for years, dating back to when she sat in the same section as him.

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

-well i liked this eppy a lot, gave it an A+. Although i am pretty generous since its my fave show :lol:

-Even though i knew the cheerleader was the killer the second he fell down, it was still an interesting case. It was obvious, since she deliberately kissed him on the lips, and he died of poisoning. It was interesting finding out why and how she did it. The whole 'eat a salad' thing is pretty harsh! wow, that would be awful. Holy patience batman, but she is female, who use poison as their choice of murder weapon, even in the US, the land of guns.

-Awwwww, Danny and Flack on a man date :lol: I see they changed the script. haha, i guess it wouldn't have made sense, since Danny and Linds are still kind of fighting.

-I really wish Linds wouldn't go bad to Danny...he was just using her for sex, ulg, she is better than that. Its hard in that situation, i have been there, and the only way out for me was to completely get away from the guy. Just friends doesn't always work.

-Find it interesting Danny wanting her back...since it seemed that he wasn't that into her. But i think that was just him being emotionally retarded, and not showing it. I think we have our conformation that he cares about her. I am kind of just ignoring the whole storyline right now, its turning into romance. I liked it before, cause it was just sex, which i like...but i frigging HATE CHEESY ROMANCE!!! ARGGGH.

-Oh look, random DNA in the wall!! ahhh...no. You fail writers.

-ohhhh angry Mac! he is pissed...that was so evil. He should turn bad, Sinise plays a great bad guy :eek: I like Reid, but what a dumbass. He deserves to get gassed for being an idiot.

-i liked the Mac and Stella scenes, very nice! They have great chemistry.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Trust me, I really, really tried to watch that scene in all seriousness but the way Carmine delivered those lines ... :guffaw:I just keep laughing my ass off, every time! Now that I think about it, maybe he deliberately did it that way because he knew how lame the scene was going to be so he figured, "Yeah, I might as well make myself sound funny so at least I'll make people laugh!"

Thank you, Carmine, if that was the case. I, for one, highly appreciated it.

Heheh, it was probably a joke when he mentioned it in his interview, but who knows? I think Danny ending up in a asylum would be awesome simply because I know Carmine will knock it out of the ballpark like everything else. The only question is whether TPTB is going to drag Lindsay into it since she's practically invisible without Danny as her prop. :wtf:

Heh, you're not the only one who had a plot bunny bite them. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: That was hilarious. Now I'll never look at a jalopy the same way again!

BINGO. That's what's really pissing me off about all of this. Nothing screams cowardly, kiss-ass storytelling than making people think you're bringing about some Great Big Change ... and then go right back to the same old dreary habits. Bah! I daresay there are even fanfic writers are better than that!

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Oh, OK. I misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry about that, and thanks for the clarification.

14. hyburn8

hyburn8 Hit and Run

I just love that car show story. Cracked me up.:lol: :guffaw:

It has. It is just as dead to me as "boom" is. I think the only way that "boom" can be redeemed and potentially made funny/cute again is if Sid were to say it.:lol: On second thought, I'm not even sure he could do it and Sid can make ANYTHING funny.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Do mine eyes deceive me? Jaer, you're alive! :eek:

Ok, that just hurts my feelings. :p

[​IMG]

He was the dorky guy talking about Skittles and Ho Hos in last week's episode.