Horatio seeing the impossible? (episode thoughts)

Bigdog

Dead on Arrival
Horatio is such a logical person to say the least. He is an idealist(spelling?) but yet believes that there is a Heaven and that there is a God. He doesn't believe in wacky things and knows that there is always and I mean ALWAYS an explanation for everything.

I wonder how many people on these forums would just love to see a episode where Horatio Cain is completely mind blown by something that has no explanation what so ever. Something where he seen something but took a second look at just stared but couldn't believe what he was seeing at that moment. Something that makes his "there is always an explanation" thought go right out the window, Yet he never finds out what the thing was or anything. Would any of you just love to see something like that happen to him? No way would it cheapen the series if it was tasteful and something that some people in this world have run into before (that is if we believe them or not).

So pretty much something that makes him go "What the heck is that"? or in other words :eek:

Last edited:
I would actually love to have that come out of Horatio one (or a few) episodes. As much of a die hard Miami fan I am, I wish I could see more of the humanity that I saw the first three seasons (parts of fourth) and I think it would take something as a case or a situation that throws Horatio completely to the flames and makes him doubt himself to do it.

well, remember that episode with that little coffin? at the same time Wolf's mind got the better of him but yet there wasn't an explanation really but rather a coincidence. the laptop burst up in flames etc etc all because of that curse. but there was some explanation to some of it. then seeing them in the graveyard LOL which was funny as hell.

I wanna see something where Horatio and Delko are out somewhere in the middle of nowhere and somehow they see something such as an Alien (I know it sounds cheesy but it can be done in a tasteful way) peeking out at them or seeing a ship of some sort but they see it clearly just standing there staring at it.

Eric says: H. What the hell is that.

Horatio says while he is just dazed from seeing something: I don't know Eric ***closing his eye's and opening them to see if it's still there***. etc etc you get the idea.

Something adventuring, something that just boggles there mind. Something like that.

or better yet it could be Calleigh and Horatio out there. So then you got both people with "there is always an explanation" and logical thinkers, basically the people that don't believe anything unless they really see it. This may sound cheesy but if you really imagine it, it could be done very well and make perfect sense. It would be something that just happened on the side and something that both Horatio and Calleigh just can't get it out of there head but yet hide it from others since people would think they are nuts.

Later it shows Horatio going over to Calleighs house to talk to her about what they seen or Calleigh goes over to Horatio's house to talk about what they seen. I personally think it would be on awesome episode. It would NOT be "Xfile'ish" though.

Last edited:
Horatio is such a logical person to say the least. He is an idealist(spelling?) but yet believes that there is a Heaven and that there is a God. He doesn't believe in wacky things and knows that there is always and I mean ALWAYS an explanation for everything.

I wonder how many people on these forums would just love to see a episode where Horatio Cain is completely mind blown by something that has no explanation what so ever. Something where he seen something but took a second look at just stared but couldn't believe what he was seeing at that moment. Something that makes his "there is always an explanation" thought go right out the window, Yet he never finds out what the thing was or anything. Would any of you just love to see something like that happen to him? No way would it cheapen the series if it was tasteful and something that some people in this world have run into before (that is if we believe them or not).

So pretty much something that makes him go "What the heck is that"? or in other words :eek:

Now that would make for good television.:thumbsup:

What about a character that is psychic and gives way too detailed info (like Medium)and at first H wants to drill the girl/guy and can't break them and finds out they have an airtight alibi. So then he's forced to say well-this person actually spoke to the dead and solved the case and the science just backed it up. Or for H to see a small red haired boy at some crime scenes and it's almost like a ghost of H's childhood self. No wait then H's is losing his mind then...yeah I think CSIM could do something otherwordly without going into XFiles land...

I personally would love to see that.

Horatio ALWAYS seems to have an explanation. I mean, even when his CSI's can't see a speck on a shirt with a x1000 microscope, he is SOMEHOW able to see it with the naked eye.

I think if there is an episode where H second guesses himself, it won't diminish him in any way. It would almost make him seem more normal. We see him as the man who knows everything, who never bleeds (maybe..we'll have to wait 'till Season 7 for that answer), but if he actually does a double take, if he acknowledges that something doesn't make sense, I may end up believing that he is human. :eek:

--Ally

Back