Grade 'Personal Foul'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 7, 2008.

?

How would you grade Personal Foul?

1. A+

17 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. B

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. C

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

The commercials for this episode made me think it was gonna be Lindsay. I should've guessed it'd be Reed when he got that "If you wanna know more about the killer cabbie meet me at..." text message on his phone. You would think I'd have learned by now. But have I??? No. I still get sucker punched by the commercials and scenes from the next episode. :scream:
    BTW...in the grade poll ^^up there^^ I gave this episode an A. Now that I think about it, maybe a B+ would have been more appropriate.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

He's about two episodes from having an anneurysm, that guy. :lol:

And Reed is NOT helping his cause. Seriously, what kind of genius tries to back his would-be step-dad into a corner in front of NYC's media circus, AFTER riding him for information. You're not helpin' kid, and now you've gotten yourself in even more trouble. :scream:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Grade for the Danny/Rikki/Lindsay story line: F

Grade for everything else: A

Overall grade: C

As crazy as the basketball game case was, I really liked it. Although it was obvious the "roommate" was the cheerleader. It was just entertaining. Flack and Danny were great together as always and the reaction of them and Lindsay in the interrogation was great. I had a problem with Lindsay's off the cuff botany knowledge, but I would have had the same problem no matter which character they had deliver those lines.

I loved Mac and Reed's interaction this episode. Reed's been acting like an ass over the taxi cab killer and Mac had no problem putting him in his place. They have such a great father/son dynamic. And although Reed's been an ass lately, I still think he's a great, likable character. He's trying to prove himself as a journalist but he's acting young and stupid in the way he's going about it. I'll be really pissed if they don't save him.

I loved Mac and Stella's talk about the case and Mac telling her about the call from the widow. They need to incorporate more Mac/Stella friendship moments into the show. This is the kinder, gentler Mac I want to see; not the OOC Mac who suddenly gives his subordinate a pass on unprofessional and potentially case damaging behavior. I also like that Mac was straight with the public about not getting into taxi's despite the mayor's office wanting to keep the cabs up and running. The way he put the chick from the mayor's office (can't remember her name) in her place about what's more important was wonderful. Her delivery was quite stiff, though. I'm not sure I want to see too much more of her even though it's nice to see the struggles Mac has to face trying to protect the public vs. making the higher ups happy.

Oh, and Mac, change your damn ringtone.

There wasn't enough Hawkes, as usual.

The Danny/Lindsay thing is just beyond stupid. First Flack makes the comment that Danny should piss off Lindsay more so they can hang out and Danny laughs. Then both Danny and Flack are observing *coughcough*ogling*coughcough* the cheerleaders while Lindsay has them giving their kiss prints. Neither of these things scream concern about Lindsay's Monologue of Doom and her confession of love.

Then Danny actually tries to talk to Lindsay at work and Lindsay has the balls to tell him it's not the time or place. I would assume Lindsay has been avoiding Danny outside of work just like Danny was avoiding Lindsay outside of work. She spoke to him at work because there was obviously no other place to do it. Now he wants to talk and she blows him off like she's punishing him for his bad behavior.

And she still doesn't know about Rikki, so she's still only mad at him for not going to her for comfort. I get that she's hurt, but good lord woman, grow up already. Danny hasn't even been able to defend himself and she's acting like a complete bitch.

Then Danny calls Lindsay. Btw, I loved the really dorky looking picture of Danny that popped up on Lindsay's phone to show he was calling. :lol: Danny apologizes for pushing her away and I get that he probably feels guilty about Rikki. However, Lindsay still doesn't know about Rikki. The only thing Danny has done "wrong" is not go to her for comfort. She has the balls to once again chastise him for his bad behavior and then tells him how hard he is to love. Um, just NO. Lindsay, STFU, you manipulative, selfish hag. I really wanted it to be Lindsay who got in the cab and have her be killed off even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Danny needs to get some self esteem so he can dump her ass. At least he didn't say the "L" word. I thought for sure he was going to say it. My TV barely survived the phone call as it is; it definitely wouldn't have survived Danny saying he loves Lindsay.

Oh, and of course, Lindsay, who told Mac two weeks ago that getting involved with a co-worker was "really stupid" goes running the minute Danny returns to his lap dog behavior and asks her to come to his place. :rolleyes: Wow. What a strong, independent character. I think she just set women back about 30 years. :wtf:

BIG, HONKIN' FAIL, PTB!

I knew Rikki would be leaving even though I held out hope she wouldn't. Her scene with Danny was very touching and although I doubt it will happen, the door is open for her to return. At least they let her leave on a good note.

Even though Danny and Lindsay drama takes up little screen time it can really ruin an otherwise good episode.

4. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I gave it a B.

And I shall confess now that it only got that for:

* Danny and Don interaction. Just classic, especially the line - "You should piss Lindsay off more often." Also, the bit behind the mirror in the interrogation room. Ah boys... *pets*

* Sheldon and Stella working together. I really love it when they're paired up to work on stuff.

Otherwise, it was actually a pretty average episode. The cabbie killer is just crawling along and the secondary case with the cheerleader was so predictable...

And then along came more D/L crap just to ruin it some more... :rolleyes:

ETA:

If I knew you better I'd have but one reply to that... :lol:

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm anxious for the ending on this one...I'm not always fond of storylines that go on a long time, although I think they're doing good with it. Poor Mac needs a break though.

I wish Reed *was* Mac's son like the promo said...then he'd have a few more smarts he'd have inherited. *smacks him upside the head*

Flack and Danny in casual dress=yummy. Danny in undershirt=yummier.

6. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

ZOMG!!! I totally forgot about that. I nearly peed myself when that popped up...kinda unprofessional, that it was taken in the lab, if we're gonna jump on that soap box again, but hilarious none-the-less...it got the hamster wheel turning thinking of all the call display pics the team would have of each other tee hee...:lol:

Stella's would be the booby shot, of course, lab coat flayed, boobs pushed together (no face necessary in the pic, we all know what her cleavage looks like);)

Flack would just be badge and skin, :drool:lol...that or him mowin on a massive slice of pizza:lol:

Adam with the devil horns flashin with his ringed out fingers...and he would always have to answer his phone "Who's your Daddy"...that would be my one request, lmao:guffaw:

Hawkes holding a massive textbook in front of his face, peeking over the top of it, tee hee...:lol:

Mac's would be quite begrudging, he'd need a lot of convincing before I snapped him choking himself with his neck tie, tongue hanging out...lol:lol:

Lindsay's would be just a picture of some evidence lying on a table with her not around...:guffaw:

Angell would have the star shot, sunglasses on, grinning widely like the sexy beast she is...

And last but not least - Dear ole' Sid would have his clip on glasses on, holding up a freshly boiled skull, sitting it on his hand like a puppet, lmao:guffaw:

What?...I don't have too much time on my hands...:p

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Overall, I gave it a "B"

Liked the Danny/Flack interaction in the beginning. Loved the way they play off of each other. Nice casual stuff at the game is nice. The continuation of the Ruben Sandoval and Taxicab Killer storylines are nice.

Hawkes was awesom. A nice font of random, useful info. They definitely need to use him more.

Did not like the whole Danny/Lindsay stuff, or the ensuing Danny/Rikki stuff. I was sitting there going No, no NO! It made Danny look like an opportunistic jerk who's just looking for some ass. Also, because Lindsay looked like a hypocrite earlier with the remarks about Danny pushing her away, when that's what she did all of Season 3. I'm glad she said no to him. Now, I hope she and the writers take it back to Season 2 interaction. Friendly, slightly flirtatious, though not overly so, interaction between co-workers.

Did not like the whole thing with Reed. Very whiny, very entitled. Glad Mac put the smackdown, surprised he didn't do it sooner.

The case, overall was rather....meh. I know it was just a background for the Taxicab Killer stuff, but....I had it figured out pretty quickly. I also knew that the cheerleader was morbidly obese from the picture in the apartment. Nobody deserves to die, but that dude was a jerk, and he did deserve some comeuppance.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Secondary thoughts, after reading more comments in here:

~ Yes, the scene with Mac and Stella was really good. Mac doesn't take off his armor for just anyone, and seeing him express his worry that he'd fail was touching. The call from the widow was a poignant touch.

~ I hate that they're making Reed a little douchebag, but I can't help but hope this is him learning a lesson--he's acting like this, and it's going to have consequences. Obviously, based on the end of this episode, those consequences could cost him his life. I'm going to hold out hope (despite being pessimistic about this show overall) that he'll be back next season and we'll see some personal growth.

~ Rikki moving away was the best thing for her--it sucks that it hurt Danny, but he does enough to hurt himself, so what's a woman to do? Considering that she pretty much cut Danny off before he could basically say 'You know, sleeping with you was a mistake', I say good for her.

~ Danny and Flack behind the two-way mirror was funny. "Sexy, but dangerous." :lol:

~ When Lindsay's not around, Danny seems to have more vitality. Ah, the healing power of the Flack. :p

~ Redsiren, I caught the word 'ripped' in your reply and my first thought was 'ripping Flack's shirt off? Yes plz.' :devil:

Don't you know? She's like a thrifty shopper on her way to a super-sale--Danny's got free ass with her name on it. One cannot be expected to use sound judgment when free ass is on the line!

Yeah, like ending up hot and skinny and making sure to deny them a piece of tail in front of all their friends. *nod*

:lol: Warm like you peed your pants, or warm like a lovely summer day? :p

For srs. *sigh* A few good moments from some of the characters can make a dull episode better, and a few drag-ass moments from D/L can make an otherwise-interesting episode, well, drag.

You're horrible. :D :D :D

Welcome to the forum, Shytownmofo! And an excellent first post, I must say. :D Sheldon is shamefully underused.

To conclude:

NEEDS MOAR ADAM!

9. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

Imma gonna go with warm like a lovely summer day...I'm not so fond of that just peed your pants feeling...not that that happens to me alot...*whistles*:eek:

Yes but you love it...and you are now wishing you had that pic of adam on your cell phone and that every time you'd call him he'd answer 'Who's your daddy?'...it's gonna haunt your dreams....:devil:

10. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Suddenly I have this desire to capture that little bit of audio and make it the SMS message tone on my cellphone... :devil:

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

flackfan_82, I love the picture ideas. I can see that in my head, and it's hilarous. :guffaw:

Honestly, I think if Adam didn't answer his phone like that, I'd be a little surprised. But could you imagine him answering like that without checking the ID and finding out it's Mac? He'd probably crap himself. :lol:

As far as Reed is concerned, for some reason, I love his character. I really do. But, I think he's been out of line quite a bit as a reporter, and I was glad to see Mac snap him back a bit. I think this brush with the Cab Killer, should he survive, will be even more of a reality check. (I still think he's gonna get killed, though.)

And I agree with Faylinn- Needs more Adam! And Hawkes!

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Adam: Who's your daddy?
    Mac: *stern silence*
    Adam: :eek:

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah. I definitely agree. I sorta missed that the first time, but now that you mention it, yeah. Mac and Stella interaction is always good. Can tell that she's his rock, and not in a hinky or kinky way, either.

Yeah. He is a douchebag right now. Judging by the scenes from next week, even though they usually are deceiving, don't bode well for him. (thinking about the tarp bundled up with what looks like a body in it.)

Yeah. I agree on all counts here. I'm glad both Rikki and Lindsay said 'NO' to him. I'm just a little annoyed that it seems as though Rikki was used as a cheap plot device, perhaps to bring Lindsay and Danny back together....:rolleyes:

Indeed. The scenes with D/L were just Meh.....More Flack, Please. :thumbsup:

[
    For srs. *sigh* A few good moments from some of the characters can make a dull episode better, and a few drag-ass moments from D/L can make an otherwise-interesting episode, well, drag.[/quote]

Amen, Sister. I looked at the clock about halfway through the episode, and was like "Wait, it's only 9:40?" The whole D/L stuff was why I gave it a B....Someone Needs to blow that ship out of the water, permanently.

Why thank you, Faylinn. It's good to finally sign up and interact with this wonderful crew here. Looking forward to more....

Yes. Much moar Adam. Needs to go into the opening credits, too.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ah Personal Foul... I loved the beginning (obviously). Flack calling Danny 'Mess' was just too cute. And watching the guys together all casual and enjoying themselves is fantastic. :D

The case wasn't great, and it seemed completely far fetched and ridiculous to me. :lol: I loved Sid in autopsy though, he really is awesome. I also liked Danny and Flack watching the cheerleaders through the glass, they were so typically male. "Sexy, but dangerous." :lol: Ah Flack, how I love thee.

I do love Mac and Reed's interaction, but Reed makes me so mad sometimes! And never more so than when he goes to meet someone who sent him an anonymous text and then gets in a cab! :lol: Silly boy. :rolleyes:

Whilst I didn't have any issue with Lindsay working the case this week, and I commend her for telling Danny that having a discussion then and there wasn't appropriate, the whole 'walking in the rain' thing was utter crap. Oh, in case anyone forgot, she's from Montana, where they always walk in the rain? :rolleyes: I thought her and Danny's conversation over the phone was OK, Danny still seems a bit unsure and depressed, but unsurprisingly, D/L will probably makes amends some time soon. The whole walking thing, however, went on too long, and really didn't fool me even for a minute into thinking that she was in any danger.

Danny and Rikki? I'm sad she's leaving, I'm sadder that it's such a cliche. Rikkis is still awesome, and a great character. :(

I'm not sure what I think about this episode. It was quite slow, the case wasn't great, and the cabbie killer storyline isn't bad but this one was a bit of a filler, probably leading into something big next week. And I've never liked 'tormented' Mac, taking the weight of the world on his shoulders, and feeling personally responsible for the fate of all New Yorkers. Stella's "We'll get him Mac." Followed by Mac's irritating speech about the wife with two young kids, and then him saying "Will we get this guy?" Er, yes...I'm sure you will, Stella just told you that. *Yawns*

Let's just say that this wasn't a high point of the season, although there were moments of beauty *cough*Danny/Flack*cough*. :D

15. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

mm i gave it an A..

It was a cool ep.

But what a H..l READ..........:cardie:

first i tought it was Lindsay that gonna go in the taxi..
    But it was READ... NO NO NO..

I hope that its not gonna happen something bad with him..

To Much D/L .. :( i dont like it..

And still no ANGELL :brickwall:

The Flack and Danny on a mandate.. I just loved it.
    The shipper in me was wery happy :thumbsup: