Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SaraStar, Dec 30, 2007.

1. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

Omg, hi everyone! I haven't been in here forever and I'm so sorry about that. I've missed you all! *hugs* How is everything going in the Sandle thread? Still strongly supporting the best ship of all CSI? :D I miss the Sandleness lately. I should really watch some old episodes again and enjoy the many flirting scenes.

Haha just read your disccussion on Greg and Sara going out for dinner. That would be so cool, since they never got to that in Organ Grinder and in Who Shot Sherlock? So it would be awesome if Greg came up to Sara, saying: "Wanna go out for dinner? It's long overdue." And Sara'd be like: :D.

Oh by the way, I've started a new fic. I dunno when I'll have it up, but I'll let you guys know. :)

Aaah feels good to be back! *hugs again*

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I dunno, I really like (and prefer) the idea of Sara asking Greg out to dinner, and maybe he'll be a little hesitant because he has to keep his feelings in check when he's out with her. :)

It's kinda cute though, and they can flirt and soon he'll get comfortable with her again and they'll just have a really good time together.

3. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

I'm on this board for some days now, and I didn't even introduce myself here yet!
    So, hi! :) I also love Sandle!

4. Salean

Salean Rookie

We've already met in the CaRWash thread, Debby, but welcome to the Sandle thread! You have good taste in ships :) (biased, me?)

Personally, I think I quite like the idea of Sara asking Greg out for dinner. It sort of subverts the idea that Greg is just pining after Sara and that the feelings aren't reciprocated. (Get a load of the long words in that sentence! Can you tell I take three essay-based subjects, and have exams coming up?) To be honest though, if we were talking about a first dinner *cough* date *cough* I'd really like it to start out with one having had a problem with a case and the other offering dinner as a chance to comfort them/cheer them up. Yes, I'm a sucker for comfot-based scenarios. I just think that would be really cute. Then, it could become a regular thing, once a week or something... a thing that they gradually both grow to depend on to get them through their tought shifts. And then, maybe one of them has some time away (Greg going to visit his family or something... or it could work for Sara Vegas although actually) and they both realise how much they've become reliant on these little meals.

Ok, it is not fair that my muse has just kicked in. That fic is now begging me to write it. But I have exams coming up, dear muse, in fact, I have one later this week. Will you leave me alone until after Thursday? No? Well, be like that then.

On a random note: I was watching 4x4 last night. :D Such a lovely, lovely episode. I think Season 5 may be one of my favourite seasons... especially as far as Sandle moments go.

EDIT: On rereading this post I have realised that it is very weird. I really apologise for that.

5. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

Welcome Debby! Always nice to see new Sandlers coming in. :D Have some Blue Hawaiian and positivity cookies.

Haha Salean, don't worry, being weird doesn't matter in this thread. I actually really enjoyed reading your post. I SO understand the muse thing. I always get inspiration on moments that I absolutely have no time to write it out. And when I do have the time I keep staring at the blank page in front of me and nothing comes up. Frustrating... Oh well, I have now started a new fic, so hopefully something comes out of it.

Yes, 4x4 is such a lovely episode! I love love love the scene where Greg tells Sara 'he didn't see anything', and she tells him 'she saw everything.' And Grissom's face in the background... Ohh priceless! ;) Iced is still my favourite Sandle episode. There is sooo much flirting in that one! And yeah, season 5 is definitely the best Sandle season. I miss it!

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I believe it's an unwritten rule that muses shine at their best when you have absolutely no time to write a fic. :cool: Next time, you just have to pretend you have no time and you'll be set.

Too bad my muses are too smart for their own good :scream:

Salean, I like your idea of their "date" which turns into a habit for the both of them. Initially they probably take the time they spend each other for granted but the sudden loss would make them realise how important they are to each other :) It's a much nicer twist to the usual, the person you love is dying and OMG you suddenly realise you're in love combo that TV tends to do (in soaps). I'm anti-soap right now, any idea why? :rolleyes:

:p

Hi Debbie,

[​IMG]

7. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :) Love that pic, Gaelen!

I like all your ideas about the date! I would love to see Sara coming to the lab after some time, and asking Greg to have dinner with her, just to talk about all kinds of things that happened in the time she was away, or something like that :p

And you also ship Danny/Lindsay, I see! Me too! :lol:

8. Salean

Salean Rookie

Yeah, I bet that this summer, when I have approximately a month of doing nothing, I will be singularly uninspired to write anything. I have now started that fic (yay for work avoidance) but I have this feeling I won't be finishing it for a while yet.

Anyway, this really can't be a long post, because I have to revise for my French Speaking on Thursday (aargh!) but thought I'd check in again.

Heh heh, talking of Iced, have I mentioned that the picture used for the welcome banner is one of my favourite pics from that episode. (I agree, Eva, it's definitely at least one of my favourite Sandle episodes).
    Actually, I suspect that I have, but I'm going to say it again. :)

Liff, I've never really been a fan of the whole melodrama of the soap opera. I was brought up watching Neighbours, and my sisters are really into Hollyoaks, but Hollyoaks in particular is always so... over-the-top. It gets on my nerves a bit. Not that I really know anything about how real life romances work, but I'd be prepared to bet it doesn't usually take a life-threatening incident to make you realise that you love someone. I mean, how do you know, in that one instant of high fear and adrenaline, or whatever, that you were thinking clearly anyway?

There definitely seems to be a trend of crossing over ships round here. Sandle, CaRWash and D/L seem to attract the same sorts of people to them. It's obviously just because they are uberly-cool ships, and we are uberly-cool shippers. :lol:

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'm the thread's doormat. :lol:

It would be nice for them to have a meal together without being interrupted by anything :) I think it would be great if we really could get a heart to heart between the two of them. That would make a really good scene IMO :) (of course...all Sandle scenes are good scenes, so...)
    The general sign is that if you believe things like that actually happen in RL, then you've officially watched too many soaps. Yes, it does happen, but like...in the most minor of the minorities. We don't all live soap operas. You have to work hard at a relationship, but not all are doomed for drama purposes. :p

Of course :cool:

10. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

11. Salean

Salean Rookie

I really don't have time to be posting, but I had to comment on that video, Naz. It made me miss all those little scenes that they used to have together...

But it's so good to see them taking part in things like this, you know. Showing their support and stuff. I mean, I was squeeing through most of that, but the message really stuck with me.

Oh, and I've been having trouble putting links into words too (as can be seen in the Sandle fanfiction thread here...:rolleyes:) so I can't help you there.

12. Manuela02

Manuela02 Hit and Run

Hello everybody ! I’m back !!!
    Sorry…:(I felt bad for being absent so long of my favorite Sandle friends and of course, of Sandle, but I had a lot of work and old ghosts to deal with, but now I’m okay…;)

I’m writing a new fanfiction and I will post the link later…

But now here is the link of my new Sandle video with the song “I’ll Be Waiting” by Lenny Kravitz. It took me a lot of time especially for finding the good clips!!! I hope you will like it!:)
    Summary: When Sara finds out that Grissom is unfaithful, she is broken. She needs time and leaves Las Vegas, but later she will find out that there is someone who has always waiting for her...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noYDhzlyvoI

13. Manuela02

Manuela02 Hit and Run

Hey! I feel alone! :( Where are you my Sandle friends? Come on, let's talk about the most beautiful pairing of the world!!!:thumbsup:
    Off topic: I'm so happy today! My day first was very very bad until I went home after school and in my bedroom I found...a envelop with inside Jorja's autograph!!!!!:eek: I am so happy!!!! It's my first autograph and it's Jorja's!!! I wrote her one year ago and I finally got my answer!!!!! When I saw it, I had tears of joy in my eyes and I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!:)

Let's back to Sara and Greg... This afternoon, I watched for the God knows how many times, one of my favorite episode: Fannysmackin' and like ever I cried when Greg was laying on the floor and next to him Sara telling him: I came here for you!!!! Oh my God, I love this episode and I could watch it all the day!!!:lol:

14. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Hi Debby! Oh, I forgot to welcome you in the CaRWash thread so I'll welcome you double here! Welcome, welcome! :D Have some positivity cookies and Greg's famous Blue Hawaiian! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll check out your video right now, Manuela! I also have to check out Naz's link. Today's the CSI finale and I'll be paying attention to that, unlike the other times I've watched CSI. I haven't been paying as much attention to CSI over the past few weeks, probably because the storylines haven't made up for the lack of Sara lately. I still think of this ship and this thread and I promise to stop by more often when real life isn't being so demanding. :)

And just to add a little something extra to my post, since Salean was talking about 4x4 in the last page:

Sandle Pic of the Moment
    (from 4x4)

[​IMG]

"Sara, I just wanted you to know that when we were in the shower I didn't see anything."
    "Really? Gosh, I saw everything."

:devil:

15. Salean

Salean Rookie

OMG!!! *explodes* (heh, how relevant since I'm watching Play With Fire)

Have you guys seen the new Jorja Fox interview?????

Well, I'll quote one of the best Sandley things I've heard all year:

See, Sara still holds out hope! And so does Jorja! Of course there would be a time for Greg and Sara. And she still 'holds a certain torch for him'!!!!!!

Anyway, I have to go pick up my sis now, but... yay!!!