The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Amy777
    + I love the vivid colours, and the gradient from red to pink to orange (peeking through in the background) is very pleasing.
    - I wish that the two tulips (center and bottom right) hadn't been cut off

I posted this a while back but didn't get any feed back -
    [​IMG]

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Showtime
    + Interesting concept/adstract photo.
    - The box repitition is very distracting and the sky has the feel of being placed there; like it's not a part of the photo.

[​IMG]

3. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + Beautiful picture, great composition and use of the thirds both with the tree and the wat on the bottom.
    - Increase the contrast just slightly would make it just that much more striking.

Mine for today, I took this one a couple of years ago when every time I wanted to go on a hike, I headed out, hit an impassable hazard, took a picture of it, and turned around and went home. This was one of those hazards.

[​IMG]

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Amy777
    + I really like how you caught the waterfall in motion. Really pulls the eye though from top to bottom.
    - The green grass in the upper left corner takes away a bit from the black and white of the water and rocks.

[​IMG]

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

wolfesgamergirl
    + I'm a killer for pastel colours, and that was the first impression I got from your photo.
    - There are a few distractions which we see too little of for it to seem part of the photo; the small pier, the reeds on the left, and the buildings on the far right are just too cut off. I think your crop may have been too severe.

Here's mine for today: (I took it when visiting a ghost town, known for its diamond trade, near the coast of Namibia)

[​IMG]

6. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Gaelen
    + I like the contrast between the orange walls and the white bath but, the simplicity, the almost sadness that is revealed of an abandoned piece of everyday life. I like it.
    - the wall looks slightly skewed.

Mine for today.
    [​IMG]

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

Amy777
    + the light hitting the tops of the petals is beautiful, makes the colour pop
    - the one tulip off the the right (in the midground?) is a bit distracting. if you could have positioned so that only the background tulips showed it would have showcased the front center tulip better

heres one of a baby possum at a rescue clinic i volunteer at practising her climbing skills:

[​IMG]

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

allmaple
    + The Possum looking directly at the camera helps to bring the focus to the subject.
    - Perhaps try cropping a bit closer as after a while the eye tends to wander to the rest of the photo and forgets about the subject.

Here's mine...took a tip form Amy and was photographing the Tulips in the side garden of the house. :)
    [​IMG]

9. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + I like that picture. beautiful colors, interesting point of view, taking us into the flower not what we normally see. Good job.
    - The 'stem' in the middle is what your camera is focusing on, if you backed up just a little and pointed you camera over to one side you might be able to get more of the flower slightly sharper, but it is really a good picture.

mine for today. One of the few flowers that were actually blooming at the Tulip Festival this year. All the late snow caused some problems.
    [​IMG]

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Amy777
    + The coloring works very well, and the lightness of the flower flows well with the green of the leaves.
    - Some of the flower are cut off at the side edges. Perhaps a different crop might keep that from happening. And some of the petels start to blur out near the back.

Another random photo for today. :)

[​IMG]

11. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Wolfesgamergirl
    + I like the concept. Cutting off the plate works well and your eye slides around the photo easily
    - Spoon and fork are both cut off and watch the focus - none of its completely crisp but the water (?) drops on the plate are more clear than the utensils.

Another abstract - the side pannels of a bus.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

The silverware was never ment to be in focus, that was the point of that photo.

Showtime
    + Interesting abstract photo.
    - It's a bit too busy, between the lines and blots of the bus and the scratches the eye doesn't know where to look or focus.

And another Tulip, just giving Amy a bit of help. :)

[​IMG]

13. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Wolfsgamergirl
    + Beautiful colors, I like that the center of the flower is off center, it really makes this picture more special.
    - Watch that focus, all the flower looks slightly blurry to me, it could be the resolution. But really nice composition.

Mine for today. Thanks for the help Wolfgamergirl, I love the tulip pictures you are getting, keep them coming.

[​IMG]

14. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Wolfesgamergirl
    + As Amy said, good composition
    - The subject is obvious but being out of focus the picture is rather flat.

Amy777
    + Love this. The composition is spot on and the detail and bokeh are perfect.
    - I suppose the crop is a little tight, but it hardly takes away from the picture. Lovely.

I got a new SLR about a week back and took it to the zoo. My favourite from that day:
    [​IMG]

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Showtime
    + Fantastic picture, I like how the bird is off centre and the bright colours of the bird are really eye catching. Well done.
    - Maybe a little closer cropping of the bird, as the background can be a little distracting.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

A little self criticism, it looks a little blurry when viewed large.