Did you know Lindsay was in love with Danny?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 4, 2008.

?

Did you know Lindsay was in love with Danny?

1. Yes, I was pretty sure she was.

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. I suspected she was.

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. No, I had no idea until she said something.

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. I hadn't given it much thought either way.

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

This came up in the character flaws thread and I thought it would make an interesting topic of discussion on its own. Obviously, much has been made of the whole Danny sleeping with Rikki thing and Lindsay revealing she was in love with him, and the question of whether Danny and Lindsay were actually in a relationship or not has been debated ad infinitum here.

But what I'm curious about with this thread is whether or not you as a viewer knew/suspected Lindsay was in love with Danny. Were you surprised by her admission of love, or did you see it coming?

2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I voted for "Yes, I was pretty sure she was." based on the events in SD and the way she has acted throughout season 4.

She doesn't strike me as a person to have just casual sex with someone, especially not with a co-worker, so when she somewhat initiated the sex in SD it was a comfirmation for me that she was in love with him.

And in several episodes from season 4 we have seen her hinting and flirting with him (with the 'condom spray' and the 'love handles') much more than we've seen in the previous two seasons; I just got the impression that they never discussed what happened between them and that he was unaware that she had deeper feelings for him too. So therefor yes, I do believe she fell in love with him, I only wished she had said it to him sooner.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I voted no. Lindsay did some things that could be interpreted as flirting in S4; but, IMO, in no way did her actions and words indicate she is in love with Danny. To me her actions in SD gave no indication that she'd take sleeping with someone once as love. Also, S4 has given no indication that Danny even likes Lindsay that much, let alone is falling in love with her. Him sleeping with Rikki, comfort/grief sex or not, pretty much confirmed that for me.

It doesn't surprise me that TPTB had Lindsay fall in love with Danny and Danny sleep with Rikki, though. It just plays more into the cliched plot and stereotyped characterization of "country girl" meets "city boy" that TPTB has been shoving down viewers' throats since the first moment Lindsay appeared on screen.

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I'm never very good at answering poll questions because my response never ever seems to fit. I voted that I suspected she was, but that isn't strictly the case. I thought it was possible, it didn't surprise me. But then again, up until the past few episodes I thought it was possible Danny was in love with her too so really I just don't have a clue about anything. :lol:

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I had seen evidence of like, but nothing to indicate it was the kind of love you'd lose sleep over. *shrug*

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Yeah absolutley. The chemistry between them has been there since day one.:thumbsup:

7. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

Most of what I saw was her trying to get his attention; "Look at me, aren't I cute, I'm so witty" kind of exchanges. She seemed more like somebody who was interested in the hot boy and who wanted to get to know him, rather than someone who was already in a relationship. Especially enough of a relationship to be in love with him. I still feel like it is more infatuation, "I'm so in love with the idea of being in love", than actual full, deep, sustainable feelings.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I voted no. I've always, always thought she had a crush on him, since pretty much her first episode. The flirting, the competition, the teasing, the getting him to go out with her based on work-related pretenses (Stuck on You, Cool Hunter)--I knew she was crushing on him. That's why I found most of her behavior and season three so bizarre, because I knew she was into him. It didn't surprise me that she made the first move toward sex in "Snow Day."

But nothing I saw in season four suggested these two were serious. I did think they were together until I saw 415 and 416, but only because the producers had given interviews that said so. Nothing on screen suggested a serious relationship.

I guess part of where I was going with this was based on a comment in the other thread, about Danny being clueless if he didn't realize she had deep feelings for him. But if I the viewer didn't, how could Danny realize it?

Just a quick glance at the poll tells me all the options are getting a fair amount of votes, so thoughts on this are probably pretty split. I hope this week's episode provides some answers!

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I couldn't have said it any better.

What has amused me so much about this situation and people's mixed reactions to it so far is that they're excellent proof there are still people out there who can't tell the difference between infatuation and love. :lol: I don't even wanna start on the maturity level. :eek:

10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I went with I haven't given much thought. It was all the same to me. So, she told Danny she's in love with him, but it's all the same to me. Couldn't care less. I should have gone probably with the "no" option, but I just felt like I didn't think about the 'love' that was supposed to be going on between them even as she confessed to it. I fall somewhere in between "didn't put much thought" and no.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I personally don't associate the behaviour I have seen between Danny and Lindsay on screen to show that either was particularly infatuated with the other let alone in love? Sure some flirting has taken place, but that doesn't equal infatuation to me, and over the last two seasons I don't think that the flirting has been one sided, they have both engaged in that behaviour. But to be honest there simply hasn't really been the interaction between them to suggest much at all to me beyond that.

I agree. I did think that they were probably in a relationship, not because we saw it on screen, but because we were pretty much told that by the producers. I wouldn't have thought that it was as serious as 'love', and I admit that I was surprised when Lindsay said it, but I would have been significantly more suprised, and confused, if it had been Danny confessing his love given his recent behaviour.

I don't really know how to vote in this, because I was surprised, but then again I've not really thought about it and it's of little consequence to me. Lindsay confessing her love for Danny doesn't alter my opinion of the relationship, or change my view of any of their interactions so far.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heheheh ... I was just being nice in using the term infatuation. :evil: I'd sound downright cruel to say people can't tell the difference between chemistry-less flirting and love, wouldn't I? :p :lol:

But yeah, personally, I just saw flirting and nothing much beyond that until they had sex in the season three finale. And even in that morning after scene, the signs were certainly there that they were not on the same page. Hell, they weren't in the same bookstore, and what happened in the last few episodes so far is the best evidence of that.

And, uhm, weren't these producers the same people who told us we'd certainly find out more about Louie's fate? Like, oh, I dunno, two seasons ago? :lol: If TPTB has taught me anything, it's to always, always take everything they say with a gigantic chunk of salt. I am so jaded these days that even when the producers themselves make statements about the future of the show, I just roll my eyes and wait till the episodes themselves air for me to make my own final judgement.

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I was surprised that she said it then and there but I wasnt that surprised that she was actually feeling it. she is pretty guarded but there were moments even back in S2 where you got the impression that he was more then just annoying/attractive co-worker turned friend

I just always assumed Danny Boy would be the first to fess up

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I voted the last one because i hadn't really thought about it till she spoke about it.

Its one of those things i knew it was more than just a i like you as a friend but i never saw it as anything else probably because this season they have only just started showing us what they supposedly had. So all season its been hard to figure out where they stood anyway for me to work out.

I saw the flirting in s2 and i assumed it was more than just we get on as friends... but then s3 came along and it gave me this thing thats she's pushing him away maybe its not all that or theres an alterior motive.

Its just confusing and hope the next episode helps in some way tho part of me thinks any form of talk could be brushed over.

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I voted the first one...

Its clear to me when I look at her, she has this "puppy" dog eyes for Danny. Sad really cause Danny isnt in love with her, he respects her but is not in love with her.

I mean i saw their interactions in the ending of the last seasons. Episode called "Snow day" which funny enought was the first one that I properly saw...

Last edited: May 5, 2008